All your half-baked RP ideas that you've just never gotten around to developing

I had this idea of an RP set in an AU Majapahit Empire-inspired archipelagic state, particularly around the time of the Battle of Bubat; only this time, the princess survives and begins to lead a rebellion against the empire. The players could be generals or advisers close to her, either truly loyal or double agents -- and it will focus on the war effort. There will be combat, politics, and intrigue.

And then I dropped it because I realized it requires players with very specific interest in local history, and there aren't a lot of people near me who likes campaigns set in my home country's historical settings, haha. I don't think I'm ever going to pick it up again, too lazy for it :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Two More

- Zoo where animals turn into humans from sundown to sun up.

- Ship Wars - basically characters from different universes randomly thrown together in crack ships and then put into a revolving door of sapping romantic rom-com situations to find true love for the amusement of god like beings.

[SIZE= 12px]Power-Gun 5,000: Wrath of the Laser-God[/SIZE]

This particular idea was revolving around my head for a couple of months; but I never got to developing it. Mainly because of my abysmal procrastination. Nevertheless, it focused on a group of people working to get the ultimate weapon — the titular Power-Gun — to defeat a mythic creature — The Laser-God — that plans to destroy their home world, simply because it's a major dick.

The theme would've been somewhat of a retro-futuristic, with slight traces of surrealistic, psychedelic humour and a filtered with a lot of stereotypes; just for the heck of it.

General universe idea connecting a few role plays together into one ending role play

Biting the Hand that Feeds - An entire civilization rises up to spit in the face of the gods that created them. 

Guns-D - WWII fighter pilot Squadron sees several victories, inspiring both awe and terror; they're outnumbered and shot down behind enemy lines and it becomes a hunter vs hunted with a few twists.

The Flight - A Siege of Sarajevo-based roleplay. 

And some kind of nameless sci-fi about space pirates that reads like something out of Beowulf. 

I realize I'm in a minority about wanting to roleplay crap like this, so I keep it to myself. Lawlz. 

Well... There was one idea I adored that a friend of mine had made, it was a futuristic setting that I absolutely adored yet she abandoned it in favor of something else. While I'd love to claim it and revive it it was her idea and I will respect that boundary. In terms of Original Role plays that I made, I guess I only have one really. It started as a school then turned into something else then back to a school and now I want to change the whole concept into something that draws people in yet still maintains a form of originality which is near impossible. I want to avoid the whole school concept as the market is saturated. I don't want to make a Fantasy group thingie (I did originally but that didn't work). I do love Fantasy but with all this creativity everywhere it's near impossible to make something fresh. Even if I did make something perfect in my eyes there would be no guarantee it would be seen as good in the public eye. With that in mind I am very cautiously trying to create something new while incorporating a good blend of spice so it doesnt seem boring. This new concept I made relies on a sort of used character creation plan but the plot does not require having me make complicated scenes. Ideally I'd like to have the story run on itself without my presence but that is hard to pull off. Something TRULY ideal is if the players truly grasp the concept I made and use that as their fuel for posting rather than reacting to whatever I place up. One thing I was accidentally guilty of was controlling another player's character in an effort to get the plot rolling in my favor. (The way I wanted it to go) As you can imagine I was taught  to never do that so that makes the job of creating something that players will follow without my involvement really requires intense thought.

Half baked you say? Heck I didn't even get to mixing the batter. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back