• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

All Fall Down

That's what I needed right now, a cold shower. I walked over to the open door that led to the pearly white bathroom. It was really fancy. The sinks were deep, the shower was closed off by a cloudy glass door, and it smelled like a thousand roses in here. There were towels hidden inside a cupboard under the sink so I helped myself to one. I stripped my self from the sweaty retrains called my clothes and stepped into the wide shower. I didn't bother to turn on the hot knob, I settled for an icy blast of daggers that didn't seem to be as cold as I thought it would have been. When the water touched my skin shortly after it turned to steam that floated around the shower and condensed into droplets on the glass. I chose a random soap and shampoo combo to wash myself clean, and boy did I feel like another layer of stress was rubbed off of me. I think I spent about twenty minutes in there when I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Jess, are you okay", The voice shatters as it slid past the confines of the glass wall.

"Yeah, I'm getting out now." I echoed as I quickly wrapped a towel around my waist. And just because I'm a dick I stepped out of the bathroom just like that, nothing between us but a towel.

"By any chance, do you have any clothes that I can borrow?". I was trying to hide my amusement. This was probably inappropriate of me but hey, she couldn't have excepted me to trudge around in my old clothes, now did she?

Last edited by a moderator:
She quickly clapped a hand over her eyes, and her cheeks turned redder than she'd like them to be. "Y-Yeah I can go get some, j-just wait here!" She turned around quickly and walked away. 'Why.' Was all she could think of. 'Just why...' She walked into her brother's old room and opened the closet. There were some old cloths he wore when he was in high school, and they were a little big, but that shouldn't hurt. She sighed as she got some cloths. Her brother had left a few years back, and she hasn't heard from him since. She went back down the hall to the guest room where Jessie was still standing in the doorway. He had a slightly amused expression on his face when Louise shoved the cloths at him while looking at the floor and then slamming the door in his face. She walked quickly to the living room and sat on the couch with shaky hands going up to touch her burning cheeks. 'His dick was under that towel...' She then pulled on her hair slightly to stop herself from getting pictures in her head.

Success, the reaction I wanted. I seen that in the pile of clothes was a tank top so I just wore that instead of the shirt. It was too big anyways. There was also really thin and comfortable gray sweatpants. I slid those on and settled I'd rather not use this guys underwear. I had deodorant in my book bag so I put that on too. I walked back into the bathroom and checked myself. I looked much better, healthier. It was time to see Louise after our little episode, well mine but whatever. I walked down the stairs to see her twiddling her hair around her finger. I sat next to her, gave her some much needed space. I raised an eyebrow at her before saying "hey, sorry you had to see that..... It could have been worse... I could have been naked". She blushed a bit, but she returned my gaze. I hope she knew that teasing her was really sexy for me and cute due to her reactions.

She looked away from him. "Can you not." She said shakily. She scooted over a little. "I don't want to see you naked." He gave a stifled laugh. She looked up but avoided making eye contact by staring at the television. "I think you need to sleep. You've had a long day from the looks of things. She stood up and wandered off, avoiding him. She then stepped into the bathroom in the hallway, locking the door and sitting on the edge of the tub holding her stomach. Her face turned pink . 'Why am I so sensitive about those things...'

I decided to follow her. I'm feeling really bad now. I guess it wasn't that cool.... I lightly knocked on the door. "Hey, Louise. I di- didn't mean it like that. I feel really shitty....." Silence was a bitch. It's all she offered me. "I'll just sleep a bit, like you told me too.... Um.." What are words again? "I'm sorry for picking on you, I guess I don't really have a filter..." I rested my hands on the door, but I could feel heat flowing between the two so I stopped. I decided to sit down the hallway, sitting on the soft carpet. I'll apologize face to face when she's ready...

She looked at the door as he spoke to her. She had only met him yesterday. Damn he was a smooth talker. She took a deep breath and walked out, trying to contain the blush on her face, but she saw him sitting against the wall. He stood up and looked at her. She sighed. "No, don't worry about it.... She looked away. "I've just never seen a guy that exposed before. And I wasn't sure how to act." She folded her arms. "Just ignore me the next time it happens. I'll just embarrass myself."

I stood up and walked towards her. I could admit a thousand things to her right now. One, I've never even had a girlfriend to see half naked. Two she made be blush too, except with fire. And three, I'm a virgin. I decided to hold off those things, it was tense enough already. I wanted to hug her, kiss her, love her... But in the end I decided to grab her hand and look up into her eyes. "No you didn't embarrass yourself, I was acting like a prick. I'm Sorry Elle. I shouldn't even have um exposed myself like that. But in my defense I did needed clothes....". I looked down and smiled. I looked back up at Louise and said "sorry..."

She awkwardly pulled her hand away and dropped her arm to her side. "Well then... That was a bit awkward, heheh..." She played with one of her hoodie strings. "Let's just forget it." She then smiled. "How about we watch a movie?" She said, trying to change the subject. He shrugged. "I don't think I'll go back to school. It's Friday. Lets start the weekend early."

I was really disappointed at how distant Louise seemed to be. Honestly, it was kind of pissing me off. I just sat on the couch, as far away from her as possible from her. Try that for distance. There was some low budget horror flick playing in the background. Some thing called Slash Slash Slash. It was really annoying. So was Louise. She sat there giving me half of a smile through out the entire thing. When I decided that I had enough of me almost losing control again I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I didn't say anything, I leaned down into the gas stove and lit my last cigarette. I walked outside of the house into the chilly air and took a really deep breath. "Jesus Christ", I mumbled as I puffed the toxic smoke out of my lungs and into the stars that were messily splattered across the deep violet sky.

She huffed and turned off the TV. She walked into her room and sprawled out on her stomach on the bed and hugged a pillow. She rested her head on it and stared blankly at the headboard. Tonight was really awkward. She felt like sending him home... But at the same time she wanted him to stay. "What's wrong with me..." She muttered.

I walked back inside. Yeah I was just acting like a douche. I walked down the hallway, incidentally I have to pass by her room before I made it to mine. I lingered next to the door which was open so I peaked inside to be sure I wasn't interrupting anything. Louise was just laying down so I slowly entered her room. I really needed to make amends without being too touchy, too clingy, and too inappropriate. You might as well have asked me to dive into a pool of snakes. Which I would do if that's what it took to make things better for us. I knocked softly on her door frame till she peaked up.

"Hey, just wanted to say thanks for letting me stay over. I'm sorry for being so clingy and stuff. I swear I don't mean any harm. Umm, sorry for apologizing a lot too, that must be annoying. Yeah so...sweat dreams". I asked her softly. I stayed near the door frame, I didn't want to overwhelm her.

She giggled a little and looked over, resting her cheek on the pillow to face him. "You're fine Jessie." She sat up on the bed and looked at him. "I forgive you." She looked at her alarm clock. 6:45. "Do you wanna order some takeout? I'm not that great of a cook." She giggled a little again and got off the bed. "It's not that late yet, but if you're not that hungry we can skip dinner." She walked over and playfully poked his stomach before walking past him into the kitchen.

I let out a long over due breath. This weekend seemed more appealing to me now. I followed her into the kitchen where she went through several drawers until she found a menu for some Chinese place.

"I think Chinese food is the best on the weekends, do you want me to order the special?". Louise asked me as she flipped through the paper.

"Yeah, sounds good..." I said nonchalantly.

"You don't even know what's in it". She eyed me suspiciously

"Can I tell you something before you order". I said shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Um... sure what is it?" I sat on one of the bar stools and so did Louise.

"Listen Elle"

"Wait, why are you calling me Elle?" That surprised me.

"Oh, um... it fits you well. Pretty name for a pretty girl". She nervously blushed so I changed the subject quickly. "Well you see the thing is I'm homeless. My parents they...um kicked me out. They aren't supporting me in anyway, so up until today I've been sleeping in my truck." Louise cringed.

"Why would they do that Jess?" She asked. Louise seemed worried as she leaned her arm on the islands top.

"Well, I, um, I burned my sister. It was a freak accident and now her back has this ugly pink scar running in between her shoulders. I'm telling you this because I hate how I can't even afford dinner and its completely blows that someone else has to pay. It really fucking blows Elle...." I shoved my face into my palms. I kind of let out a scary growl and a whimper. No tears...

Her expression faltered. She wasn't sure what to say. He seemed pretty serious. "Just let me pay." She said, flipping through the small phone book. "I don't mind, really." She sighed. "I can rent you a hotel room after my aunt and uncle get back, my aunt gave me a bank account for emergencies. And she didn't clarify what kind of emergencies, and this sounds like a problem. Just let me help you." She set down the book face down to hold the page. "Really, don't be afraid to ask for help." She walked over and put a hand on his shoulder. "Look at me Jessie." She said softer than usual. He did so. "I will help you. And I will say it as many times as I need to." She patted his arm and picked up the book. 'So how about that Chinese food."

"It sounds good, but I won't let you pay for a hotel room for me Elle". There was no discussion about it. "I can still sleep in my truck, but I can't let you waste money on me..."

'It's not wasting money if the person needs it." She said, smirking. She picked up the phone and they ordered their food and while they were waiting, Louise sat on a bar stool, she stretched and relaxed a little. "So what do you want to do after we eat?" She put her elbows on the countertop and leaned forward awaiting his answer.

"I'm not sure... what do you want to do?" I looked over at her, god she was beautiful. "Want to share secrets in the dark and paint each others nails?" I asked sarcastically. I kind of wanted to kiss in the dark, but I'd never tell..... "A better question to ask is what do you want to do while we wait".

She shook her head. "Yeah right." she gave out a small laugh. "I think I only did that when I was six. When I actually thought all the secrets I told were serious shit." She relaxed a little more. There was a small scratching noise on the kitchen window. Her head shot to the right to face the window. "Did you hear that?" He rose an eyebrow in question. It happened again. The sound sent chills down her spine, even though it didn't happen again since then. "Never mind. It's probably just the tree outside." She shivered again. How could something like that creep her out so much? Their food eventually arrived and they returned to the kitchen with it.

I of course ate my food like I'd never eaten before. But I calmed down a bit just to make the moment last. "Hey so you still haven't decided what we we're going to do after eating, I'm down for the nails."

"I'm good." She said, giving another grin. They finished their food and sat there for a while. "There isn't really much to do in this house besides watch movies from the early sixties or do homework." She said, throwing away the paper box her food came in. She heard the noise again and she jumped a little, looking at the window again.

"What's wrong?" Jessie asked confused.

"I thought I heard something." She said. The chills came back to her. "So, take your pick. It's pretty boring here, and... i don't have any nail polish." She shrugged.

"We can just sit on the couch and talk for a while." This is all I had to offer her. Just then I heard an eerie groan of old floor boards under pressure Louise didn't seem to have a reaction so I shrugged it off.

"I meant what I said at the bench, I'd like to get to know you better". I said this though more sweetly than the one occasion. Maybe things were finally working out.

"Sounds good." She said back. They walked into the living room. Louise sat on the couch with her back against the armrest, and Jessie did the same at the opposite end. She bit her lip trying to think of something to say. "Republican or Democrat?" She blurted awkwardly. A stupid grin made its way onto her face. What? That was the only question she had at the moment. "That was a weird question, don't answer it." She said, giggling.

"Lets start off simpler....what's your favorite dessert? Mines is ice cream, nothing special either, plain ole vanilla..." I looked up and started to laugh a bit. "Maybe this is a bit.....stupid."

She shrugged. "It's not stupid. If anything, my question was stupid." She thought for a while. "I like ice cream too. Not really anything specific." There was only silence for the next few minutes until there was a loud bang that came from upstairs, causing Louise to jump ten feet in the air and she let out a shout but covered her mouth quickly. "What the hell was that!"

"I don't know lets check it out", I said creeping up from the couch.

It was clear that it came from upstairs, and it also sounded like the slam of a door. Then again the sound was a little shaky and to be honest it made me a little nervous. Me and Louise slowly made our way up the stairs. The world around me swayed like a boat being thrown into a black stormy sea. Louise looked over to me, "hey you okay?" She asked this but her voice sounded like it was being pulled away from me, then stretched over my ears. I thought I was going to be sick. The black liquid that poured into my eyes that one time did so again in a sickening fashion. The lights above us flickered but I didn't feel the exchange of energy I did when I was in the parking lot. My fingertips flicked a few tiny sparks that faded into the air in front of me. Louise tried to get a look at me but I wouldn't let her. I looked really disturbing right now and there was no need for any more scares. A loud ringing filled the air that made my ears pound. A liquid trickled down them. When I pressed my fingers on my ears it came back a dark ooze. Not quite red but not totally obsidian. I crawled my way in front of Louise to see a boarded up attic on top of the ceiling. I knew I was moments away from passing out but something told me I had to rip open the attics door if I had too. Which is what I did. The wood didn't really pose a problem for me since it turned to ash under my finger tips.

"Hold on I'll grab a ladder", Louise's voice rang in my ear. I could tell she didn't want to leave me, actually I could hear it. I don't think I can leave him like this... god he's so warm. What the hell is wrong with his eyes! Her mouth didn't open these words up to me but I could still hear them. They sounded hazy and dark, really dark. "Just go", I mumbled. She did so before she thought; I have to be quick. After she left the lamps hanging from the walls all faltered in union. It got so dark and cold then blinding and feverish. My senses couldn't take it. Then the lights went out again and a cold air rushed past my face. When they flickered back to life my soul nearly left my body. I don't think I was exaggerating either. People were surrounding me. They were reaching for me with hands that were in various stages of decomposing. The air smelled of rot, the ghostly faces flashed a deadly grin. I was crying, screaming at them "WHAT DO YOU WANT!" One of the hands reached my face and slowly raised my chin to find their eyes. It was Louise and none of the ghosts were there anymore. Until I looked at her eyes. I thought my eyes were unusual, her eyes were black pits of shadows and nothing more. Her face was paler than usual and her hair was bunched up in tangles that fell into burgundy threads upon her shoulders. This thing wasn't Louise but it had her face. I clawed the wall behind me, trying to find a way out which of course was impossible. She slid her lips across my cheek; those lips were icy and dead. In the voice of a thousand demons she whispered inside my ear "ring around the rosy".

"Jess, I got the ladder", I heard Elle shout from downstairs. The creature that stood before me snapped her head towards the voice. She began to crawl in a fashion more animal like than human. Her arms and legs bent at unusual angles as her whole appearance began to shutter like static on an old television screen. Her elongated fingers touched the wall, then her arms, then her knees. The thing was now crawling and twitching up the ceiling that led down to the stairs archway. That's when she also disappeared and Louise arrived to me, a ladder in one hand, innocence in the other....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back