• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

All Fall Down

bunbeez

Huh.
(The second spot in this role play is taken)ghj

Ashes... Ashes... and we all fall down...
In the quiet town of Walden, things seem normal. But everyone you meet, and everyone you see on the streets is hiding something. But some secrets are more sinister than others, and some... are unbelievable. Quite literally. There is something lurking within the town of Walden. Something that would scare you to the point of tears. And you know what they say, at some point, we 'all fall down.' And that's exactly what will happen.

200_s.gif

Louise

It was that time again. Her friend Raven would drag her to the mall after school. Although Louise doesn't really mind it, sometimes she just wants to be at home. Really all Louise did was follow Raven to her favorite stores and wait for her to get bored with that store and then go to another one. Louise never really bought anything but a coffee or a chocolate bar to help keep her occupied. She didn't have a cell phone like most everyone did. She had a lot on her mind that day and was keeping quiet. She wasn't usually so isolated, but something's been bothering her. Her aunt had been acting so strange. Not strange as in, wooooo weird laughter strange, strange as in strict. Her aunt Seline was never strict, she was usually easy going and pretty chill. But that all changed a week ago.

Louise woke up for school one morning, and walked into the kitchen where her aunt was cooking something in a big spaghetti pot. She turned around and saw Louise walking in the kitchen. She turned to her and told her to go back upstairs and brush her hair... when Louise had already done so. When she tried explaining to her aunt that she already had brushed her hair, Seline just pointed at the archway and said 'Go.' there was some kind of emotion in her eyes Louise had never seen before, and she didn't quite know how to explain it. So she left to the bathroom and brushed her hair a second time. but when she came back into the kitchen, her aunt was cooking eggs in a skillet, and the spaghetti pot was no where in sight. And since then, Aunt Seline had been a little more watchful of Louise. And she wasn't sure why.

But then Raven brought Louise back to reality by softly slapping her cheek. "Helooo... Are you feeling okay?" the brunette asked worriedly. "You seem really out of it today."

"Oh, it's just that I have a lot on my mind today. You know, that science project that Mr. Lakin assigned today. I'm just nervous about who I'll be paired with tomorrow for it." Louise shrugged.

'Oh, well that's nothing to worry about. come on, lets go get a donut or something." Raven smiled brightly, and the two walked about the mall until they arrived at the coffee house.

I woke up in a awkward position that threatened to paralyze my legs and numb my toes. I had a splitting headache from my head pushing up against the window all night and it seemed impossible for my life to get any worse than it is now. Right in response to my selfish comment I realized that they have finally cut off my phone bill. Whatever...I forced myself to sit on the leather seat of my truck and light a cigarette. Inhale reality, exhale imagination. Damn, this really sucks. Its going to be winter soon and I have no place to bum it.

"We won't alert the police but you have to go...now", the shaky voice played in my head again. Ha.

I pushed my fingers through my hair several times and adjusted my mirror to get a look at myself. Wow I look like shit. Under my eyes were terribly bruised and my face was starting to shadow over. Icy blue eyes stared back at me. One day I'll recognize the stranger that growled at me, but it wont be today. I crawled out of my truck and regretted it immediately. The air was frigid and I thought at any minute my fingers would turn into icicles. Where was I again? A forest preserve or something. I reached deep into my pocket and pulled out a five from the depressing abyss of debt. Hmm, enough for a coffee, but I also need gas. Maybe I'll park closer to society so I wont have to use my useless rust machine. My stomach rolled and I decided a coffee and maybe a bagel would be worth it. I climbed back into the truck , making it shudder back to life. Maybe today won't totally suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Louise

The two girls went into the shop. It was one of the only ones in town, and a lot cheaper than the one in the stuck up part of town. "So... Do you wanna talk about it?" Raven asked her. Louise shrugged. Usually she would tell Raven what was going on, but this seemed to bother her more than it should. What was Aunt Seline doing that was so secretive? It's not like Louise saw what she had in the pot. Sure, she knew this town was a little messed up, but she didn't think it would have anything to do with her aunt... could it? "Well... Go sit. I'll get us a latte." Raven smiled and Louise did so.

'Why am I so bothered.' She thought. 'She was probably just getting dinner ready early or something...' She bit her lip and rested her head in her hand. Seline was still a little stressed from school, and her aunt forbade her to lock her bedroom door ever since she walked into the kitchen last week.

"Lou... you're scaring me." Raven said, handing Louise her latte and sitting across from her at the little table. "tell me what's up."

"My aunt." Was all that came out of her lips. "She's acting so weird. She gave me an earlier curfew, she's setting a whole bunch of ground rules, I'm no longer allowed to lock my door or the bathroom door, and she's forbidding me to go into my room before seven." Louise spilled everything that had happened.

"Seline?" Raven asked a little startled. Louise nodded. "Why? That's messed up. What the hell is she doing?" Louise shrugged and swirled her straw within the cup's mouth spout.

"I don't know... I just walked into the kitchen one morning and bam! She's practically paranoid now or something."

I walked into a coffee shop that seemed a bit rundown for my taste. But then again I lived in my truck so I literally have no room to complain. I walked towards the cashier whom also didn't quite fit my tastes. She was jumpy and loud and she seemed so sugar coated all over that my teeth began to rot.

"Hi there! Welcome to 'Cups of Joe' what can I get for ya", the lady practically shouted, her words not quite making it to her lips.

"Yeah um, can I just get a small cup of black coffee".

"No sugar? Jeez don't be bitter I'll add extra sugar it will just be fifty cents more". God I couldn't stand her uppity voice.

"No, no sugar just....plain", I said as I clicked my jaw and clenched my fist into the cool marble counter.

"Sir you're making me feel sour, I'll add extra sugar and creamer". Jeez, what's wrong with her?

"No I just want a plain cup of cof-"

"Cappuccino!?" She said as her annoying face twitched into a smile.

I leaned in real close to her so both of our cheeks were touching. My warm breath clearly sent chills from her neck and lead a snowstorm down her spine.

"Listen you uppity bitch. I'm homeless, my parents haven't check in on me in three month. Let me repeat that, three months." My voice strained a bit louder and she completely tensed against me. "I only have five dollars to my name and I'm feeling real cranky today. Now listen closely or I might just crack. I want a coffee, but with that I also want a bagel, and I'm not paying for any of it. Consider this a relief to you that I'm not making a scene got it?" My voice matched my tone and I think everybody hear me loudly whisper 'got it' in miss peppy's ear.

"Yo-You're hurting me", she whimpered softly as her eyes began to pool with milky tears.

I looked down to realize my hands had crept their way up to hers and I let go. Even though I barely touched them, there was clearly an indication of scorch running down her delicate fingers. I stepped away and walked to an isolated table at the far end of the place, indicating that she will serve me as royalty.

In a short time Goldie Locks made her way to my table with my food but she just stared at her feet in fear. She finally looked up and her lips trembled, "I-I'm sorry", she crooned then ran to the back of the restaurant in the girls bathroom.

Raven and Louise were a bit startled but soon everything was back to normal and everyone in the shop continued their conversations as if nothing happened. "So... Do you think she's hiding something?" Raven asked, tapping the table.

"I don't think so. She's not that good at keeping secrets. You and I both know." Louise leaned back in her chair. "i just hope I didnt do anything wrong."

"Well... What else did you do last week besides walk in on her doing whatever she was doing?" Raven leaned in.

"Well... I got home late on Wednesday but that wouldn't have made her set so many rules for me." Louise was tired of talking about this. She needed to just deal with it. Maybe Aunt Seline was just PMSing or something. It should be over in a few days if that's the case. Raven could tell her friend was at unease. "Maybe we should just go. It's almost six." She said, looking at a tacky clock that hung on the wall above their table.

"Yeah. Let's go." Raven replied while grabbing her bag. The girls left the shop and exited the mall. They both walked out into the parking lot and over to Louise's Uncle's car that she usually borrows. Louise went to the driver's side and then froze when she saw the keys still inside the locked car.

"Shit!" She muttered. "they keys are locked in."

Raven's eyebrows furrowed as she looked at the redhead on the other side of the car. "That's not good... your Aunt will flip out if you're not home in the next fifteen minutes." Louise sighed. The silver Chevy Spark seemed to be mocking her as she looked in at the keys still in the transmission.

"Jesus I feel stupid." She muttered, her breath fogging the glass.

I walked out of the store with a sly smirk smeared across my face. Hey today didn't totally blow. I still had five buck to my name that I could easily save for some gas, or I could intimidate another cashier with my murderous suave. I chuckled under my breath. But then again it was uncanny what I or may have not done to that girl. The burns weren't just a trick of my eye and with the burns I could feel something dark, thick, and toxic creep up my skin. Like a foreign entity entered my body and briefly pushed the current of my veins to a new direction. I shook it off, Blondie must've just burned her self working or whatever you would call what the abomination was doing. It didn't explain how the burns were shaped like finger prints but it was a good enough excuse for the moment. Live in the moment Jess or be swallowed by the past and slammed against the salty jagged rocks of the future... I walked toward the parking lot until I seen two girl looking completely annoyed and distressed near a car that put mine to shame. One of the girls though was stunning. Beautifully wavy yet also tamed scarlet hair dropped past her shoulders and swayed upon her chest. Her lips were so plump and rosy, the kind of lips you would softly kiss then dangerously bite, even though it looked like somebody already bit them raw. And her eyes, god, eyes that could either drive a man mad, or change them for the better. Honestly I could feel a bit of crazy gnawing at my now chalky bones.

The girls looked at each other for a while. "Should we go get help?" Raven asked after a moment of silence. Louise bit her lip and looked back at the building.

"Yeah, we probably should."

"Okay, I'll go get someone, stay here." The cheeky brunette ran off toward the mall, leaving Louise alone by her car. This gave her some time to think for a moment about her aunt's behavior. Sure, Walden did sort of become famous for the secret-keeping population. Her aunt really couldn't be one of those freaks who has a weird secret... right? What could she have possibly been cooking on the stove that day that caused her to act up when Louise walked in?

She sighed and rested her chin on the top of the small car and waited for her friend to return with help, just hoping she didn't get distracted and go into a store or something. Only then did she get the feeling of eyes watching her from afar. She lifted her head and turned to look, but saw no one. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stood there, the feeling getting more intense.

I decided what's the worst that could happen if I offered some help to Juliette. She'll fall madly in love with me? I don't think so. Nobody will ever love me. Not after what I did to my sister.... I walked towards the silver car, to the girl that intrigued me the more and more I stared at her. Something swam up in my veins when we made eye contact. I don't think she noticed but my arm kind of twitched.

"Do you want some help", I asked as someone gently brushed crimson on my cheeks, creating a tickle down my neck.

Louise looked at the stranger. She swore she's seen him at school before... but she didn't remember him showing up much. "Oh, my friend went to get help already... I sorta locked my keys in there." she let out an awkward laugh. "It's been a crazy day." Her attention went back to the car. "It's almost past my curfew anyway." She added. There was a long awkward silence. "So... What's your name? I'm Louise by the way."

I brushed past Louise without answering her question, huh what a pretty name, and I pulled a long stem of metal from my pocket. I pushed it into the lock and I jittered the pick around. I never turned to see what Louise's facial expression was like then. It probably screamed at the back of my head 'Jesus Christ, what are you doing?!' Suddenly I heard a click and with that I opened the door.

I looked back at Louise and I plastered a cheesy grin that made me feel a bit warm. Staring into her eyes with some fire and intensity I said "Sorry about your crazy day, my name is Jessie".

When He turned to pick the lock, she smiled awkwardly. This sort of amused her. He just conveniently had something useful that could pick a lock with him. that was somehow perfect yet funny. When he turned back around, she looked at him and her grin grew slightly. "Thanks Jessie." she replied. She stuck her top half into the car, grabbed the keys, the got out and shut the door. "well... now to go hunt down Raven. I hope she didn't find a squirrel." That... was the worst line she'd ever said. "Thanks again, by the way."

I laughed a bit too hard at her joke, god when was the last time I did that. I couldn't stop though, it was clear she thought her joke was really cheesy but I havn't been this amused in a while. When I finally stopped choking I looked up at Louise. "No problem, see you around...Louise", I purred her name out, testing it on my lips and twirling it across my tongue. I wished we didn't have to part ways, I was just starting to ease up a bit, which was hard considering the coldness that dragged my body in a seizure of shivers.

He thought it was funny? And Wow, the way he said her name. His laugh was pretty cute, but not not that she cared... She smiled a little and gave a little wave before running off to find Raven. She ran into her at the door. "Hey, Someone unlocked the car for me already."

"Oh cool. No one in there seemed promising enough." Raven replied. Louise just rolled her eyes.

"Come on, We've gotta go," the two of them made their way back to the car and drove off. By the time Louise dropped Raven off at her house, it was six fifteen. "Great. I'm late again." She muttered.

She got home and all the lights were off. That was strange... Usually she'd be greeted by her aunt. "Sorry I'm late guys!" She called. No answer. She turned on the light in the living room. There was no one there. She walked into the kitchen, checked all the bathrooms, the bedrooms, the back yard, anywhere her aunt and uncle could possibly be. But no one was here. Aunt Seline's car was still here though. This confused her. "They're probably taking a walk... or they decided to go somewhere by bicycle." She thought aloud. She went into her bedroom and decided to shower and go to bed early.

I walked into my truck and tugged the curtains shut so nobody would see my shame. I decided to just lean the seat back and sleep that way. I lifted the blanket up to my chest and folded my arms behind my head. Thankfully the mall was open 24/7 which means people wouldn't think anything suspiciously toward the mysterious tin can. They would only think I was some sort of worker or something. I breathed out then I let the sharp air enter my lungs, filling them with a shattering cold. "Fuck I hope it doesn't get colder..." I tried not to think about Louise, even though I really liked her the feeling wasn't mutual. Whatever she said it didn't really meet her eyes, and I know how to tell when someone is off. Like when my dad told me I had to leave after I...... I groaned and let out a frustrated cry as I shoved my body to lay on my side. I whispered a few curse word beneath my breath and shut my eyes tightly. How will I survive this bitter winter? Metaphorically and literally...

She got out of the shower and threw on a pair of panties and a t-shirt before climbing into her bed and laying there for a moment before she went to sleep. She woke up to a crashing noise downstairs and then a bunch of yelling between her aunt and uncle. It was about two thirty in the morning and she was too groggy to understand what they were saying. She just huffed and went back to sleep. Though the feeling of uneasiness swept over her multiple times that night, she always seemed to just brush it off. That morning, her alarm clock went off at six. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, stretching and letting out a little squeak. The house was again, silent. She was so ready for school to be done for the weekend after today. She got out of bed, brushed her teeth and got some decent cloths on before throwing her hair into a messy bun.

When she got downstairs, no one was there again. Strange... there was a note on the fridge.

Louie-

Gone for the weekend, be back Monday night.

love you,

Aunt Seline.

She shrugged and opened the refrigerator to grab breakfast before heading to school.

I walked five long and terribly boring miles just to go to school. Ha. I'm not even sure if I was passing any of my classes. But I knew why I came, just to see my sister. I knew how this would go. My sister would walk down the hallway, her blonde hair bouncing in union with the savage boys hormones as they followed her trail. I'd then murder the boys who dared to invade her space with my threatening glare. She'd pass right by me, and I would let go of a heavy breath.

Today it was no different.

She strolled right by me with several boys being pulled by her leash. Her familiar fragrance dances under my nose, reminding me of what I've lost. It's funny, we don't even look like siblings. She took after daddy dearest. For this, I stared at her with every chance I got. Every minute, every breath, every heartbeat, just to remind and torture myself how I hurt her and disappointed my father. I don't really know if my mother knows what I have done. I can only assume that my father told her every detail of my crime. Sigh. Did she know how much she killed me everyday, I was edging towards death. Speaking of death, I looked like a walking corpse today. I knew that if I walked into a church the pastor would throw a bible at my face and drown me in holy water. I was also certain that it would burn like a flame scratching every surface of your body. I stared down at the scuffed floor, well really my boots. They were now the color of dirt instead of the rich brown they originated from. Torn seams, battered leather, they barely kept me warm. I really need a job. I looked back up and my heart brushed against my chest. Eyes of a goddess, hair like heavenly fire, and lips of a queen. The lockers were shredded from reality, along with the people standing in the hallway whom just wisped away like fog. It was just me, her, and my lopsided smile. Louise....

Raven tapped her shoulder. "You've got a shadow..." She giggled slightly. "A cute one too." Louise just rolled her eyes.

"Thanks for calling my shadow cure Ray." She said sarcastically as she shut her locker and tossed her bag over her shoulder. Raven just giggled and rolled her eyes. The two of them began to walk toward the Language arts wing when Louise spotted Jessie looking in her direction smiling crookedly. She softly smiled back in amusement and waved slightly at him before returning her attention back to Raven as they continued.

"Now do you know what I meant?" the brunette asked dramatically. Louise stuck her tongue out at her.

"I knew what you meant, I just didn't know who you meant. That was the guy who unlocked the car for me last night." She glanced back and then once again returned her attention to Raven.

"You should talk to him." She said as they entered Mrs. Ever's room and took their seats in the back next to one another. "I think he likes you."

"Sure he does. We just met." Louise responded. "I for one don't get crushes on people so easily. If you think he's cute then you talk to him." She gave Raven a smug look.

"Yeah I think he's cute, and yes I'll talk to him. But only to invite him to lunch with us so we can find out if he's crushing on you." Raven smirked.

"Why... That's sort of weird. I barely know him, and you don't even know him and-"

"Lou, be realistic here. You can't make friends without getting to know someone. Remember how we met?"

"Raven, we fought over a bag of cheez-its in second grade and-"

"We became friends. See? Maybe you'll get to know him by fighting over cheez-its." The two of them paused before bursting out laughing.

"Yeah. As if." Louise said, her eyes twinkled.

If I could snap a picture and save that wave forever I would. But sadly my phone is dead, and that would be very very creepy. Hmm what to do? I could go to class but I hate the lingering voice of Mr. Douche. Really his name was Mr. Duotch but hey, same difference. I could really use a smoke but I only have gas money, either way a teacher would chew my ass for smoking on school property or a janitor would want to join. I wasn't up for either of those. I decided to go to class late just to be amused by Mr. Douche's reaction, and boy was I amused. He completely lit up like a ripe tomato as I walked to my seat and tossed my feet up on the desk in front of mines.

"M- Mr. Matson! I presume you don't have a late pass, now do you."

"If I did wouldn't it be in your hand right now?"

"Some one should slap you with their hand and knock some manners into you!"

"Was that a threat Mr. Douche Ba-", Just then I heard torture in the back of my ear.

"Jess, knock it off". The voice jingled in my ear. I spun around to see my sister staring at me with a annoyed expression.

"Wha-"

"-Jessie may I continue with our discussion on Hamlet or do you have to be removed?" I think I snarled at Mr. Douche, god he was annoying.

Mr. Douche continued with his lecture while I turned back around and whispered to my sister "I thought you weren't talking to me again Skylar".

"I'm not, not what after you did to me". Jeez, let the past remain in its place.

"You!" I calmed down my voice and said softly "you know damn well I didn't mean to do that".

"Jess- I mean Jessie you also know we're not on speaking terms so if you cou-"

"You're not on speaking terms with me. Sky, you know I'd kill to talk with you again, I'd do anything for you!" I said as I clutched the seat with intense heat.

"Then leave"

"What?"

"Leave..."

"Fine!" I nearly barked at her like the beast I was. I ripped my self from the chair and slammed the door behind me, the hinges rocked in its sockets. I think I heard Mr. Douche swear then call after me, but I was shaking hard and a loud obnoxious ring drilled my ears.

When I made it outside I gripped a nearby tree, its bark rubbed my hands raw. I could barely stand, I was forcing air to enter my lungs but it was too hot. I noticed everything burned, it felt like a fire surrounded me, a fire I couldn't see. I unattached myself from the tree to see there were harsh obsidian marks scratched on its surface, and there was also two imprints left. I reached up and my hands molded into the ash. There was no mistaking this. I burned the tree, just like how I burned the cashier, and how I burned my sister.

After class, Louise had a free period, and Raven, miraculously, talked her into talking to Jessie instead. She wasn't sure where to find him though. She wasn't really sure where to look inside the school. She went outside to the courtyard and looked around. by the time she turned the corner, she smelled burnt wood. That was strange... She looked over at a tree. It was burned.... she blinked a few times to process what she saw. There were hand marks. on it. She shook her head and continued her search. She eventually saw him, slumped on a bench near the picnic tables. She walked up. His back was turned to her. She hesitated before speaking. "Eh... Jessie? My friend was wondering if you'd like to come to lunch with us later."

It was like someone breathed a new life into me. Louise was standing to close for me to even think correctly. Yes I would love to accompany you and your friend to a lovely dinner at a la restaurant lunch. But her friend wanted me to join them in lunch? Not Louise herself? Wow and I didn't think anything else could burn today. Ha. If only she knew that I was clever at making puns inside my head. I looked over to her as I propped an arm against the cool wood of the bench.

"Sure I'd love to have lunch with you guys. Only if you'd like me to tag along as well. Even a better idea, we could hang out right now...". I said making my voice smooth yet smoky. Damn my puns are on fire. Ha!

I looked down at her bottom lip, which she casually chewed, then I looked back at her eyes.

"Ummm, I'm not sure, I'd be missing a class." Louise said as she glided her lip between her teeth. If only I had the pleasure to bite her lip, I thought.

"Come on, what's one class?" I leaned in really close to her now, standing near her ear. "I'd really like to get to know you". God I hope I wasn't being as creepy as this looked.

She blinked a few times. What? She backed up a little ways. "Well I don't mind if you come... and also... not to be rude, but I kind of need to go." She felt her heart pick up speed only slightly due to his closeness, which she didn't really seem to want at the moment. "But, You can still come with us. Just meet us in the lobby at eleven thirty. I'll drive." the corner of her mouth upturned into a small smile. 'And I'd also like to get to know you better before you... get that close to me." She let out a shaky laugh. "I do like my personal space..." She hoped she wasn't making him feel bad because his expression faltered slightly. 'But don't worry about it. You didn't know. most girls in this school press up against guys... and-" This was getting a bit awkward. "Well, see you at eleven thirty then. Raven's buying."

Fuck. I shouldn't have been so awkward. I didn't even have the courage to go get lunch with them anymore. I can't even afford a lunch. Her friend is buying? No, I'll look cheap. Most girls liked being close to a guy.... I was just trying to.... Oh god, I hope she didn't get the wrong idea. I'm not that kind of guy. Crimson crawled up my cheeks and I could feel some swear trickle down my back. I totally just humiliated myself. I could totally tell she was uncomfortable. What's wrong with me? As I lectured myself in my head I could feel a match being glided across a rough surface and spark a deadly fire.

"I'm sorry", I muttered as I walked away while not looking at her. That's when it happened.

I could see it again like what happened three months earlier. First it was the excruciating heat that felt like a sand storm rubbing my veins dry together. Then the sand storm would stop and I'd feel a bit jumpy, then again I'd also feel like I was freed from my candle stick. I passed by a bush that hugged the bricks of our school and that burst into flames. I bit my lip and a windshield shattered as a pounding of a car alarm awoke the neighborhood. That's when I turned to see my reflection in a window of a empty class. My eyes had this thick black liquid swim over my iris then my pupil. Under my eyes became highly irritated and flushed. Veins crept over my cheeks and forehead like roots reaching for water. I touched my face and it burned like hell, but it was also freezing. I looked down to see the dirt beneath me began to churn over. Jesus what was happening. When I looked back to the reflection it was like nothing had happened but I felt completely sick. I fell over on the cold wet earth and dry heaved at first the contents of my stomach. Nothing came up except for bile. I can't keep living like this, hoping that my next meal would come shortly. Shit, I hope Louis ran off long ago.

Her eyes were wide in shock. What just happened? She blinked. She had no words after she just saw what happened. She knew people in this town were strange... but this was... well... strange. She jogged over to his side and knelt down beside him, and grabbed his arm and placed a hand on his back while she pulled up and helped him sit up. "Oh Jesus Jessie are you okay?" She croaked, trying to get him to calm down. he was shaking. "Do you need to go to the nurse?"

"No... I'm fine." He said, putting his hands on the ground to support himself.

"Are you sure...?"

"I'm sure", I replied a little more harsher than necessary.

I got up brushing dead grass off my sweater and I combed my fingers through my hair a few times.

"I' ll meet you in the lobby then?" I asked, chewing on my bottom lip nervously. Damn now she's got me doing it now.

She seen everything that just happened. Wow. She must be thinking stranger danger, back away slowly then run quickly. I hope she doesn't think that I'm a freak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back