• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

All Fall Down

She sighed and stood up. "Sure. How about we forget this ever happened? I swear I won't tell anyone about this." She looked at him. He shrugged. "Okay then, I have to go, see you in two hours." She smiled softly and walked off. Once she knew he couldn't see her, she grabbed her head and let out little gasps. 'What the hell...' she thought. 'What the hell what the hell...' She took a few deep breaths and got a hold of herself before walking back inside.

I never found myself going back inside. I just sat on the bench where Louise left her tracks. What was going on with me? When she said lets forget about it did she mean my random hormonal act? Or did she mean, I dunno, me totally becoming how my family viewed me. A monster. Wow two hours. I think I could spend that time thinking about Louise and how much she hates me now. I wouldn't be surprised if she told her friend I was busy and drop our plans like I never even existed. Sigh. If only she could see that I'm actually really heart felt.

Those two hours passed by and Louise was waiting in the lobby with Raven. "You okay Lou? You seem like you have a lot on your mind. Whats up? Tell me, does he have a crush on-"

"Raven." She said quickly. "He most certainly does not." Though she wasn't so sure. he was rather close to her earlier. "He's just coming for lunch. Nothing super huge." She said while leaning against the wall.

Raven looked around until she spotted him. She waved him over and he walked over to them. But Louise had drifted off into space.

Wow I felt like a Giselle in a lions den.... or was the situation flipped? Either way I clearly looked like I didn't belong. My face was still pale from my weird monster episode and these girls were just beautiful. It was seriously beauty and the beast, except I probably won't transform into a beautiful prince. Sigh. I shoved my hands in my pockets and gave both girls a quick glance before I stared at the ground.

"Sup". You know what. I annoy myself.

Raven looked at Louise, then at Jessie, then back to Louise. "Come ooon! What went on between you two? Was it that bad?" Louise's head shot up immediately.

"No it wasn't now let's go before we waste any more time. We only have an hour." She motioned for them to follow her as she made her way out to the parking lot. Raven sighed. "Come on, lighten up. Are you going to be like this all day?"

Louise sighed. "Just get in." She said as she unlocked he car.

We have tension between us. That's disappointing. All I did was do cryptic things after she basically turned me down,, oh yeah that explains a lot. I sat in the back seat with my head pushed up against the wind shield. Huh, Deja vu. Icy droplets of rain slid pass the glass and dropped into a unknown abyss. Where ever lost raindrops go. Wow this was boring and the tension was awkward. Come on, please talk to me. I don't need to not be on speaking terms with you either. I've already lost everything, I don't want to lose this moment.

"Sorry... Just a little confused is all." She said after a moment. Her eyes stayed glued to the road. She was still trying to determine weather she was dreaming or if she was just seeing things. "My aunt and uncle left until Monday. They've been acting weird and I don't know what's going on so I'm confused." Louise bit her lip again, trying to forget about her day.

"Crap.. Um Lou?" Raven said while digging through her backpack.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"I left my wallet at home. It's too far to drive there to get it." Louise shrugged.

"That's okay. We'll go to my place then. It's not far."

Hmm Louise's place, that might be interesting. This trip is turning out for the better. I fumbled in my pocket and felt the paper texture of my lousy five dollar bill. Maybe I should just demand to my parents that they give me money. Demand them that they either let me live in the basement or they should rent a small apartment for me. I know my mother would completely comply, and my dad would as well because he is easily intimidated. But I couldn't take advantage of them, they're my parents. Lets be honest, if my kid started to do some weird cryptic shit I'd probably put him down myself. All they did was toss me out.

Maybe these weird things are happening to me because I never believed in god. Maybe it was time to start. I'll get a bible from my parents, and I'll ask them nicely too. I'll pray my way to forgiveness. I'll force myself to believe in him if I have to. I let out a lazy puff of air. But this is going to be sooo boring.....

Last edited by a moderator:
They pulled into the driveway and her aunt's car was still gone. "Here we are. There's some stuff in the kitchen we can have." The three of them got out of the car and Louise let them inside. .

"Hey, I'm going to go use the restroom really quick." Raven said, running off down the hallway. Louise swore she did that only to get Jessie and herself alone in the same room. She lead Jessie to the kitchen.

'Go ahead and sit down. I can search around for some food." She gave a half hearted smile and Jessie only leaned against the island. There was a slow silence and it was really awkward to be in. "So... What happened earlier... You know, the fire and all?" She asked quietly, making sure that Raven wouldn't be able to hear from the bathroom. "I've never seen that before, mind telling me what's going on? Were you also the one who burned that tree?" She knew she told him to forget about all of that, but she just couldn't.

Shit she did see what happened. I could either lie or I could tell her the truth.

"Listen, I'm as confused as you are", I said laying against the cool marble of the island. "Maybe, it was some freak accident". I shrugged it off. No way could she know that I was heading for Crazyville. Population, me. I decided to lie in the heat of the moment....

"It was probably from the cigarette I was smoking. There were burns on a tree? Wow, Walden should really check that out." I said trying to play it cool.

Louise sighed. "There were hand prints on it. don't lie to me. I have heard rumors of people having strange abilities. It's not like it's new to me or anything." She went and sat on a stool to face him. "How could a cigarette break windows and set off car alarms?" She looked at him harder. She wanted answers. Louise was starting to wonder if her aunt was somehow supernatural as well due to her strange actions. She sighed again. "Look, I know we just met yesterday, but I think there's something you aren't telling me. I promise I won't freak out."

I stared at Louise and decided that I can trust her.

"Listen", I whispered softly while sitting up to be at eye level with her. "I have no clue what's going on. If I did I wouldn't have made such a huge scene back there. Honestly I'm scared, I had no control over myself. Can you believe that? It looks like I have......powers but I never knew I had them". I decided she didn't need to know about my sister.

I shoved my face into my hands and desperately found grounding by shaking my hair with my fingers. I let out a annoyed sighed. "I'm just tired, you know?" I said looking back into her eyes as I bit my lip to the point were I could almost feel a spark being manifested from a bit of frustration. I calmed my self down. No need to burn her house to the ground.

She let out a sigh. "Jessie," she began. "don't worry. We're friends, right? I believe you, because no I know what I saw was for real. And I'll help you out if you need it. My aunt and uncle are gone all weekend until Monday evening, so you can come over anytime between today and 11:30 on Monday night." She gave him a reassuring smile. "Lets get some lunch then." She stood up from the stool just as Raven came into the kitchen.

"Friends?" I asked Louise in her ear before Raven made her way towards us. She also invited me to stay several nights over here, should I take it? This must be a pity party. She clearly turned me down, now she's offering me to stay the night? She totally feels bad for me. I looked down at the tile floor and flashed a grim stare. I'm usually not the kind of guy to cry but I really hit a low point in my life. Of course I wouldn't allow myself to cry because I don't need to be seen like that. When is the last time I cried? The first day I slept in my truck?

I sat in the leather seat of my broken down truck. I just stared blankly at the dashboard. I couldn't believe that I was actually going to do this. My eyes began to water salty tears that blurred my vision. I hated this, I hated this so much. Wow I really was going to sleep in my truck. The first crack sprung in my dam. I'm totally a bum. The second one webbed a nasty shred through the middle. My parents hate me. Water began to ooze out of my fragile tear ducts. So does my sister, I burned her. A single tear slipped past my eyelash. I'm a dangerous fire, now I'm homeless. My walls crumbled down towards the gushing water that violently crashed onto my salted cheeks. I started to pound at my wheel, honking the horn several times to silence the night. I'm so fucking pathetic. "I HATE THIS, I HATE MYSELF, I FUKING HATE MYSELF!" I shouted this over and over again to the dead road beyond me. I grunted before hitting my truck to moan back into life and I swerved the corners of the road. I drove and drove until I hit this forest that looked like it wasn't occupied in centuries. But that wasn't my reason for coming here. The bare wood of the dock slashed a deadly-mocking grin at me as something dark whispered inside my ear "do it". I stomped the gas pedal with full force and I made my way halfway down the dock before a silver light crystalized in front of my truck. I looked at it confused and I swear it pointed towards the shore line of the lake until I backed my truck up. It turned out to be the thick fog that coated the area in a blanket of gray film. It was my excuse to stop myself from ending my life. I limped my way out of my car and landed roughly on the ground. Dirt caked my face and I could smell the sweet tang of grass. "End my life now", I breathed heavily into the world before I drifted off into a living nightmare. My own personal hell.

I was still staring at the ground, processing my thoughts.

"You okay?" Louise asked, stooping down to meet his eyes. They were glazed over and she thought he was going to cry. She softened her voice. "Jessie," She didn't know what to say to him. She didn't know how he felt, because she didn't have any powers, and she didn't know what his life was like other than what he just told her. "I can take you home if you need to stay there instead of going to school." She stood straight up when he didn't answer her.

'Is everything okay?" Raven asked in a concerned manner.

"I don't know." She said. "We can make some sandwiches for lunch."

"No!" I nearly shouted, almost grabbing her shoulders. "No, I'm fine here." I slightly whispered to Louise. "Sandwiches will be great", I said as my stomach rumbled.

Louise became startled as he shouted and almost grabbed her. "O-Okay... " She stepped away. "Well we have some stuff inside the fridge to use. Help yourselves." The three of them ate in silence. Louise was thinking. Was Walden really a place that held people like Jessie? Could She be one but not know it? Could her aunt and uncle be the same way? She didn't want to think about it.

The sandwich was simple, but it was everything I needed right now. I shoved it all down in nearly one bit. The girls looked up to my savage behavior. They seemed pretty amused. I smirked for the first time being here and said "Sorry, its delicious".

Louise slightly giggled. "I'm glad you like it. Just don't choke." Raven stuffed the rest of her food in her mouth almost as fast as Jessie did, which lead Louise to eat quickly as well.

"We need to go guys. Sixth period starts in ten minutes." Raven said, stading up to put her plate in the sink. the other two cleaned up as well and they were off.

Ugh school still exists? I lead my way to their car and got comfortable against the plush of my seat. I looked up at Louise and said "hey, thanks for the lunch, I really appreciate it". I'm not sure what she said after that because I kind of drifted off into a nap. I felt really warm, not a burning sensation but something I could submerge myself into then come out golden. I wish I could feel like this all the time.

"No problem." She replied. She looked in the mirror and saw him. She smiled slightly at him. She drove and pulled into the school parking lot and once she pulled in, Raven said her goodbye and ran off to class, since her class was farther away than Louise's. She sat in the car for a moment, watching Jessie in the review mirror. She spoke softly, hoping not to startle him awake. "We're here Jessie," She giggled as he stirred but didn't wake up.

"Jessie we're back at school". Louise said rubbing her soft hand through my hair.

"Five more minutes mom....". I groaned as I shifted in the seat.

Then realization threw me over the car. I got up as bile accumulated in the back of my throat at the word mom. "Shit", I ran out the car and my full stomach poured out its contents. I spit the remaining stuff out as I breathed heavily on my fours as if I was an animal. The warmth was now gone and I felt incredibly cold yet also hot. Thankfully the only thing that happened was that the almost dead flowers clinging to life were now wilted and brittle underneath my fingertips. I also think a cars headlights flickered a bit, but it wasn't too noticeable.

Louise ran up to me and patted my side. I looked up at her as I rubbed my sweater across my lips.

She rubbed his back soothingly. She helped him up slowly and as gently as she could. He looked so miserable. She looked at him sadly. Why did she feel so horrible? She gently hugged him and rubbed his back. "I'll take you back to my house Jessie. You don't feel well." She felt him tense up. He didn't move. Louise pulled away and led him to the car. "You can sleep in the guest room down the hall from mine, There's a bathroom in it you can use."

"Okay". I mumbled under my breath. I'd love it even more if I slept in her room but that wouldn't be very angelic of me.... This time I decided to sit in the front seat since her friend was not here at the moment. The ride was shorter than I thought it was going to be, I guess that's what sickness does to you. Louise held her hands firmly on the steering wheel while I snuck a few glances back at her. She smiled, I smiled until we made it back to her place...

She pulled up in the driveway and the two of them walked into the house. She lead him to the bedroom and she got some blankets out for him. "Here, you can rest..." She put them on the bed. "I don't think I'll be going back to school today, you're too sick. She walked toward the door. You can take a shower if you need to. I'll be in the living room if you need me." She gave a small smile and she closed the door and left to the living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back