• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Akashic Chronicles

LeapOfFool

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
🌌 **Setting**: Imagine our world, one you recognize, but layered with the ethereal. Every myth, legend, and story ever told now shares a plane of existence with our own. These narratives no longer just inspire; they’ve fused with our very reality.

🌀 **Concept**: With our world's sudden merge with the metaphysical, some humans, animals, and even inanimate objects have combined with metaphysical entities - becoming the embodiment of gods, monsters, or mythical objects. They are known as Incarnators. The boy next door could suddenly wield the powers of Zeus, or that worn-out baseball bat in your attic might just be Mjolnir in disguise.

🌍 **Chaos Ensues**: As you can guess, the world is now a bit... hectic. It’s not every day you find a mythological beast casually having a coffee at your local café or a neighbor calling down rain showers during a petty dispute.

✨ **Your Role**: Players will assume the characters of the "Akashic Record", a group of excellent above-average individuals who’s been tasked the immense responsibility of overseeing and resolving any problem related to the Incarnators.

Are you ready to face the capricious whims of ancient legends and maintain the fragile balance of two worlds?

📜 **Influences**: Drawing heavy inspiration from the depths of shonen manga and anime such as "Bungou Stray Dogs" and "Hunter X Hunter". As well as, at least to some extent, the TTRPG "City of Mist". Expect thrilling adventures, moral dilemmas, and battles that test not just your might but also your understanding of legends.

⚡ **Join Us!**: If the idea of being at the intersection of folklore and the modern world excites you, and if the challenges and responsibilities of maintaining cosmic balance appeal to you, then the Akashic Chronicles await your contribution!

Sounds like a promising idea.

Do you intend that the Akashic Record includes current Inheritors among their ranks as well,or will they be mundane humans who have to deal with these new developments?

Sounds like a promising idea.

Do you intend that the Akashic Record includes current Inheritors among their ranks as well,or will they be mundane humans who have to deal with these new developments?
They include current Incarnators.

oh this looks funky! big fan of combining mythology with reality.

This looks interesting! I haven't really watched or played any of the references but I'm willing to try it out. Should be fun so count me in!

Could we please see what the character sheets would look like?
Name:
Appearance: (Description or image link)

Incarnator: (Y/N)
Metaphysical Entity: (If Incarnator)
Abilities:

History:
Personality:
Goals/Motivations:
Skills & Talents(Outside of metaphysical powers):
Equipment & Tools:

Relationships:

What level of power is allowed?
Roughly the same as in Hunter X Hunter.

Are minors permitted to join?
Yes, of course.

LeapOfFool LeapOfFool there's probably a fair bit of time for us all to come up with our characters,but I had a question:

The boy next door could suddenly wield the powers of Zeus

When a living being becomes an Incarnator,does the original being's consciousness resurface as well? In this example,would the boy have the "memories" or "personality" of Zeus and be influenced by it? Like is it an "I AM Zeus" thing or a multiple personality thing? Or does it vary per Incarnator?

While I was brainstorming a character idea, I came up with something where the character would be a descendant of a god and a goddess rather than directly becoming one, I guess. What are your thoughts on that? Would that work in this world, and if so would that be considered an Incarnator or something else?

Because in the mythology I'm drawing from the gods I'm referencing were also the actual ancestors of the people. So my character would be a direct descendant of two gods and taking on some of the traits of both but not being fully one or the other?

When a living being becomes an Incarnator,does the original being's consciousness resurface as well?
Not typically, no.

That said, if this is a character concept you're interested in feel free to use it. Sounds like it could make for an interesting character.

While I was brainstorming a character idea, I came up with something where the character would be a descendant of a god and a goddess rather than directly becoming one, I guess. What are your thoughts on that? Would that work in this world, and if so would that be considered an Incarnator or something else?
I'm afraid that doesn't really work in the setting.

Would it be okay to claim an Excalibur as a mythological weapon? I imagine if inanimate objects were to be superimposed with mythology, it either bonds with a user or is taken in by the Akashic Record?

Just a heads up for others, the character I'm working on takes from The Morrigan.
oh nice, i was also planning on doing someone celtic!! i was considering Fionn Mac Cumhaill specifically, but i don't know if mythological heroes would count without being gods.

oh nice, i was also planning on doing someone celtic!! i was considering Fionn Mac Cumhaill specifically, but i don't know if mythological heroes would count without being gods.
Well, the question is, would Hercules count? If he would, then so would Fionn.

OP said "gods and monsters",so demigods/heroes fit right in between,probably.

My initial character idea isn't divine,but a folkloric figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back