Airships?

Stillborn said:
Samiel said:
I wonder why they didn't start capturing and corrupting the other types of celestials long ago.
Who? The Deathlords? They don't know how.

-S
Only the yozis knew... and the solars are the only interesting ones to them I guess... third circle of sorcery and such.

If they didn't yet, I think it's a given that they might soon. T'would probably make a good story for Deathknights: capture a lunar/siderial for my fell experiments.

Or for Lunars/Siddies/Solars: Rescue the captured Lunar before it's too late.

Tattoos made of obsidian and soulsteel... *drool*

I like Nephilpal's description as to why the solars are the only ones who become Abyssal. this is takin from the wiki and is non-canon, I just like the logic behind it.

Only Solar Exalted can become Abyssals. I've addressed this before, but here is my personal rationale for this: The nature of a Solar Exalt is excellence. These god-kings reign in light and splendor and majesty, championing life and hope. Theirs is the gift and burden of leadership and the individual power to remake the world. When that power is inverted, you have a dark and terrible tyrant enslaved by his own power. You have a scion of death and despair and a harbinger of ultimate ruin.
Now, a Lunar is a bestial, feral thing. Part man, part whatever and then some, the perfect Lunar reconciles man and beast and stands between civilization and barbarism, the vanguard against the chaos. The fall of a Lunar is into the grip of their bestial self as a slavering fiend of the alien chaos. This is a chimera, a Lunar gone horribly wrong.

A Sidereal's dark mirror is himself, staring back implacable and unknowable. A Sidereal counsels wisdom that is founded on an error and a lie he is too arrogant to recognize. And so, the master of fate brings about the very fate he seeks to avert. His is the unbound ego rooted in the cetainty of its perfection.

And Dragon-Blooded? These debauched, incestuous semi- godlings warring and fucking among themselves are far from whatever grace they once knew. They are already their corrupted selves, playboy high-school kids who were never supposed to get the keys to Creation. Is it any wonder they wrecked it? Their downfall is that they rose above their station and pretend they are greater than they are. They are social beings, and so their fall is collective and not individual. A Dragon-Blood will never become a dark mirror of himself, but the Dragon-Blooded as a whole will tear the world apart in their bickering.

--Neph
I really like that logic.

Here, here, but it makes you think with the Green Lady, did she know what Larquen would become? I doubt it, seeing as the Malfean plans are outside of Fate. But wouldn't it be some ironic shit aside from the Great Curse corrupting Solars they saw the Deathlords somehow connected to the Solars in some way, went OH SHIT! and promptly slaughtered them all?

"So the Solars will become the most powerful and dreadful Ghost-Lords anyone's ever seen?

Kill them quickly, before it's too late."

Whoops, was that a Knee-Jerk?

Exactly. That would have been a wonderful irony. Plus a very funny showing of their hubris all it's own. 'Well...maybe we can avert it?'

*Rabble rabble from the Five Score*

'Then let's kill the bastards before they attain this power!'

*RABBLE RABBLE!*

And there was much rejoicing.

....Of course, the Autocthonians wouldn't have made that mistake...

They have the backdoor keys to the pattern spiders. Who needs Siderials?

"We are nearing our perfect destiny" - Isaac, Escaflowne

Yeah, I actually have a scenario written up for a grand action campaign, the Storming of the Gates, an Autobot invasion of Heaven, to reclaim the Pattern Spiders for their Lord. It was quite spiff. If I actually had any gamers who lived around this place, I could run it. Alas, I'm alone in TN.

I'm pretty certain I had some part in this beautiful Union. My benevolence brings people together.

What the FUCK, dude.  I used to go to forensics tournaments in goddamn Morristown.  Crazy.

PMing you here in a sec.

Samiel said:
I'm pretty certain I had some part in this beautiful Union. My benevolence brings people together.
Careful, Samiel.  The evil overlord ALWAYS gets capped after he starts manifesting messianic delusions...

On another topic quickly, the reasoning behind the Invasion of Heaven scenario is that I had a imaginative thought of streetfighting in Heaven. Who wouldn't want to see RPGs flying toward their targets in downtown Yu-Shan. Aerial Legion, pfft, who need'em, the Auto's got guns bitches.

Also: "the Steam Faction"?

Y'all bitches had better've read The Difference Engine, or at least The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.  'Cause otherwise your steamp-punk credentials are QUESTIONABLE.

Aerial Legion' date=' pfft, who need'em, the Auto's got guns bitches.[/quote']
And they can fly. Don't forget the fly-age.

I can see elder Alchemicals taking the form of airships anyway, now wouldn't that be perfect? A higher-essence version of Plasma Thruster Assembly, a crew compartment, and many Lasers later, and you have something that can not only shoot down the Skywolf, but could optionally take it down and wrestle it with it's limbs[/i].

They could blitzkreig the gate, set up null zones around the entrance to hold a beachhead, and fly/roll/march in with guns-a-blazing. Their early campaign looks good, and "Fate" is on their side, so to speak.

Also: "the Steam Faction"?
The very recent history of this new political phenomenon can be found in "Exalted Deathmatch II" in the Blessed Isle Forum.

And by accident, my last post was on-topic for Airships. How odd. I think Still was influencing my post...

I'm told I should pick up Perdido Street Station, for Mieville's crazy-ass ideas if not his actual syntax & diction...

Samiel said:
Aerial Legion' date=' pfft, who need'em, the Auto's got guns bitches.[/quote']
And they can fly. Don't forget the fly-age.

I can see elder Alchemicals taking the form of airships anyway, now wouldn't that be perfect? A higher-essence version of Plasma Thruster Assembly, a crew compartment, and many Lasers later, and you have something that can not only shoot down the Skywolf, but could optionally take it down and wrestle it with it's limbs[/i].

They could blitzkreig the gate, set up null zones around the entrance to hold a beachhead, and fly/roll/march in with guns-a-blazing. Their early campaign looks good, and "Fate" is on their side, so to speak.

I was thinking something like that, I figure they'd hit a few gates close to one another, kill the Lions with some beefy Alchies and roll in with infantry geared up and loaded for bear. Seriously, they wouldn't fuck around me thinks. They're fighting
Gods of all things. Plus those angry and pissy Siddies, who must assuredly be put out after having their afternoon tea shaken.

It DOES mention that they have alchemically-augmented supersoldiers a la ashigaru... Those'd stand a chance of setting up SOME kind of perimeter.  Although unless they could unleash some of the war subgods, the Autocthonians would be outgunned like WHOA.

Exactly, but the preceeding story before tis is what made me smile a mile wide, because I love political intrigue, the death of Chejop Kejak, I'll send it to you through PM if you wish. I have it on file on my comp.

But yeah, they'd be hard pressed to keep a beachhead, because once Ahlat and his boys get in on it, HOLY FUCK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back