• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern after the winter || post-apocalyptic

interest check

Oumscar

nah.
the backstory

The year is 1983. Michael Jackson had just released his new hit songs, 'Beat It', and 'Billy Jean', Star War Episode VI was crushing the box office, and legwarmers were still a staple of fashion. Life in the 80's seemed to only be on one trajectory- up. Until the bombs came, of course. A glitch in a Soviet satellite had registered 4 tactical nuclear missiles inbound from the United States. The USSR was left with only one course of action- retaliation. Mere minutes later, the United States missile command detected an unprovoked nuclear bombardment from the Soviet Union. For what was the deadliest, and most catastrophic war in human history- it was also the shortest. In a matter of hours, hundreds of millions of lives had been lost. Soviet ICBMs rained down on every major US city, as well as the entirety of Western Europe, while American nuclear submarines launched attacks against Moscow, Stalingrad, and various tactical sites across the Soviet Union.

In the coming days after the attacks, society crumbled. A nuclear winter descended over the Northern Hemisphere, great clouds of ash and radioactive material blotting out the sun. Any life not obliterated by the intense explosions and widespread fallout, were killed by freezing temperatures, and a dwindling food supply. For the next 10 years, the majority of the Earth's landmasses are irradiated graveyards for once great civilizations.

As the years go on, however, the black clouds recede, and the radiation begins to reach livable levels. The last bastions of humanity rise from their bunkers, and begin the slow, painful task of rebuilding from the rubble.

the plot
Over 70 years on, all of those who experienced World War III are now dead. In the year 2053, humanity is still a far-cry of what it once was. For the most part, Europe is still a desolate wasteland. Areas of South East Asia, and Oceania had crawled their way back to some form of societies, with communities of a few thousand popping up across the continents. As for the USA, survivors have filled in the previously empty space of their countries, with the major cities still hubs of radiation and mutated creatures. While for long periods of time, the land was simply barren and lifeless, plants and animals have begun to retake the less irradiated areas.

5 young adults, born and raised in the new Midwest, find themselves cast aside from their ramshackle communities, and thrust out into the unknown, dangerous world outside the walls of their cities. Whether it be raiding parties, the irradiated wildlife, or something more sinister, life will be far from easy.

My Post.png

the roles

the leader - open
'The Leader' grew up in a mid-sized settlement, under the supervision of the high-ranking men and women in their makeshift hierarchy. They had been groomed since a young age, and were expected to step up, and become the next great leader of their settlement, once the existing one passed away. However, before they could achieve their 'destiny', an 'event' occurred, resulting in their banishment to the wilderness. 'The Leader' possesses innate charm and leadership skills, allowing them to navigate the complex task of managing a group- though no one is perfect.

the raider - open
'The Raider' lived just how their name implies. They grew up in one of the many raiding factions that roam the wastelands in search of settlements to pillage, and resources to take. Some would consider it freeing, despite the constant death, and despair left in their wake. They realized that this life was not for them, and an 'event' occurred, resulting in their banishment to the wilderness. 'The raider' possess an immense knowledge of the land, and it's people from their time scouring it for resources. However this could come back to bite them, either in a lingering bloodlust, or old enemy.

the medic - Oumscar Oumscar
'The Medic' was raised under the descendants of old-world doctors. They had passed down their knowledge generation to generation, giving their family a reputation for high-quality care for the sick and injured, as well as a vast knowledge of medicine and medical equipment. However, an event occurred, which resulted in their banishment from their settlement and family into the wilderness. 'The Medic' has gained a large portion of their families knowledge, allowing them to effectively diagnose and treat a wide variety of ailments and injuries.

the loner - open
'The Loner' never really meshed with community life. The second they were old enough, they set out on their own. Because of their independence, 'The Loner' quickly learned how to take care of themselves, gaining extensive survival and scavenging skills. However, solitude for such long stretches of time- excluding the odd trade, or encounter- severely diminished 'The Loner's' people-skills.

the kid - open
'The Kid' doesn't deserve any of this shit. They hadn't even finished adolescence before an 'event' happened, forcing their settlement to banish them to the wilderness. 'The Kid' lacks skills and experience, but they make up for it in an aptitude for learning, and enough energy to power a small metropolitan city- even if their nature can get on the nerves of others sometimes.

the gunslinger - open
'The Gunslinger' was an up-and-coming marksman in one of the more technologically advanced settlements. They had practically been raised with a firearm in their hands, and were destined to be one of the greatest defenders of their community. That was until an 'event' occurred, and they were banished to the wilderness, left with only a rifle on their shoulder, and the clothes their back. 'The Gunslinger' has a profound understanding of ranged combat, and an even greater understanding of firearms of all shapes and sizes, old world, or new.

the farmhand - open
'The Farmhand' grew up under Daddy's watchful eye on a secluded farm, far from any settlement. While working the land was tough, farm-life became 'The Farmhand's' bread and butter. But something always seemed to be lingering beyond the fences, so they decided it was time to set out on their own, into the wilderness. 'The Farmhand' prides themselves on a knowledge of the land, and a fortitude that only comes from working it for so long. They understand how to survive without the comforts of civilization. However, a life isolated, and under constant protection has left them with a certain naivety.

the overview
hey! so i felt like giving this a go, so i did! like all that said, this will be open to 5 or so people (more if there's demand~). it's not first-come first-served, the characters that i think will fit the best, will be the ones that i accept. of course this is just an interest check, so if we chop up enough people, i'll whip up a character sheet, and away we go.

i'm sure i don't need to go over the obligatory stuff, but i will anyway- don't be a dingus, RPN rules apply, yada yada yada.

as for right now, there's a 1 character maximum, but if this gets bigger, i'm sure that will change!

cool. thanks for reading a lot.

i hope i covered everything.

also i know this is like fallout. boo hoo.
but it's not fallout.
bitch.

Last edited:
PLACEHOLDER FOR THE KID PLS???

THIS SOUNDS RAD AS ALL HECK OH MY GOD

aghhhh i am so interested!!
this is Good Stuff

so we got way more people than i was expecting. we have a couple of sheets in too, which is great. i'm gonna be setting the cutoff for the 19th, and then we'll see about getting this ball rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back