News After The Merger Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icefox11 said:
Because Rp is to good to miss, when you have time. I spent all day around a computer, refreshing it until the site was back up. That started at around 9 am and ended at 8 pm. I spent almost 12 hours waiting for the site. But now IT IS FINALLY BACK!
Same!

Thanks for letting us know, I do hope you guys are able to bring back the OOC comments because I found them quite useful and awesome! But if they can't be brought back, I understand that it just won't work with new server, but I hope it can make a comeback after some time.

OOC Comments: Mixed blessing. Would have been more useful if they had been used with more common sense.

Dice: The lost rolls are a nuisance. I'll have to check a post to see of the ones made there were lost. Critical info in those for that RP ... and I never wrote them down. Here's hoping my memory retains all the info. I DID look at the rolls people have been making and spotted some glitches in the system. Example: One guy roll 2d20 ... and it added up a 19 and 1 ... to get 18. IE it subtracted rather than added. The real pain is that for my RP I need to see the separate dice ... or just ignore rolls altogether. (I rarely use dice anymore, but this RP would be nice to use them for. Or folks can just trust me to roll behind the scenes...)

*twitch* Change... Gah! My OCD is kicking in xD

Really though, great job folks! Mergers can be messy and so far I'm not seeing any shrapnel ! :)

The merger is interesting. I'd be lying if I wasn't wary of the massive influx of new people, and the sheer set of changes to the community and the site in general. I had finally felt as if I had got a handle on the previous community.

But, I'm sure I'll be fine, and that it'll add a good more people to possible roleplays, which should be nice. Looking forward to meeting the rest of you.

Any idea when the forum roleplays will be open for additions? No rush, just curious if there's an ETA. Also, will there be an option of transferring a regular role play (thread) to a forum role play, without having to copy/paste every post?

can we change previous role plays in the thread style to the new Forum style? (BTW to all RPZone members Hi We are Robot wolf! We hope to be seeing Y'all!)

So uh... are we getting the "dark" theme back? You had that compromise for a while, but after the merger it's now gone, and now the forum is blinding, painfully bright white again...

You can check out those details in merger info C:

Like the first post...

Here;

It will return once he has time to develop and update the Dimmer Style. We have no plans of its removal. We thank you for your understanding.

Ah, I see it now.

Though to be fair, right now I want to spend as little time on this site as possible, as the brightness hurts my eyes to look at for more than ten minutes :/

Melissia said:
Ah, I see it now.
Though to be fair, right now I want to spend as little time on this site as possible, as the brightness hurts my eyes to look at for more than ten minutes :/
I'm really sorry to hear that.

We are working on it as fast we can. In the mean time, you should try tweaking some of the colors.

Yesterday, I was fiddling with the colors and got them the way I like. I also made some other, changes, such as subtracting the Thread Roleplays section on the forums overview stuff. Today, I turn on my PC, check the forum as I tend to do to an excessive degree, and I have been logged out and all my changes have reverted back. Not to sound like the frustrated customer I don't particularly hate from work, but I did believe that the little tick-box that says "stay signed in" meant that I wouldn't get logged out unless I did so manually.

So, in short:

The "stay signed in" tick-box did not work for me yesterday. Don't know if it will work today.

The colour-scheme I chose for myself reverted for no reason back to the blinding white look.

In fact, none of my personal settings stuck.

Not sure if this is a problem others are having, but it is a problem I had and I thought I should bring it up.

xD at the unintentional risk of sounding like a smart alec... did you click the check mark in the AD styler after changing your colors? I'm only asking because I didn't realize this was necessary at first and my colors kept reverting, too.

[QUOTE="Skari-dono]I did believe that the little tick-box that says "stay signed in" meant that I wouldn't get logged out unless I did so manually.
So, in short:

The "stay signed in" tick-box did not work for me yesterday. Don't know if it will work today.

The colour-scheme I chose for myself reverted for no reason back to the blinding white look.

[/QUOTE]
Sounds as though your cookies were from roleplaynation.com, whereas THIS site here is rpnation.com.

[QUOTE="Skari-dono]Yesterday, I was fiddling with the colors and got them the way I like. I also made some other, changes, such as subtracting the Thread Roleplays section on the forums overview stuff. Today, I turn on my PC, check the forum as I tend to do to an excessive degree, and I have been logged out and all my changes have reverted back. Not to sound like the frustrated customer I don't particularly hate from work, but I did believe that the little tick-box that says "stay signed in" meant that I wouldn't get logged out unless I did so manually.
So, in short:

Not sure if this is a problem others are having, but it is a problem I had and I thought I should bring it up.

[/QUOTE]
There was a small error yesterday with the server where everyone got logged out.

I'm not sure if it's a cookie thing or just a consequence of the merger shift, but today I had to reset my colors as well, plus include RPnation on the list of places I use my style manager-thingie, in addition to having to log in again.

Grey said:
Any chance of an update re: forum creation tools coming back online?
We are trying to get them back online as soon as possible but we are working on the coder's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back