• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 𝐀𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 : 𝗈𝗈𝖼.

Lore
Here
Other
Here
hey everyone, sheets are looking good so far! i just wanted to give a quick heads up that i’m going to be on vacation for a couple days so i will be a lot slower to answer some questions, especially if they require some detail.

finally got my character sheets up! it took me longer than expected because i've been rather sick, so if anything on them looks off, just let me know and i'll fix it in the morning
it looks good to me, nothing to worry about! i hope you feel better!

Cheers, thank you.

Do have another question. As there is the Mekari race, What level of technology would be available to the players?

Are guns available?

Also. A class idea: The gunner. Utilises guns and ia sort of a ranged rogue type class, that is versatile but adds decent dps :x
technology will depend according to the location. some places will be more technologically advanced than others. the beginning areas would definitely have a feel that is similar to classic fantasy with limited technology, however i was thinking of adding something akin to a more advanced, steampunk-esque area down the line and/or something that is a bit more metropolitan. think something similar to piltover in arcane.

as of now, guns are minimal. i can certainly see them present in areas that are more technologically advanced, however they’d likely be restricted to shot guns and other older types of guns. i can’t really see anyone running around with a glock or a machine gun lol. however, if things change and i decide to add a gunner class, then i’ll likely make guns have a more widespread distribution. right now there’s just not really the demand for me to add another role so i’m just sticking to the 10 that are already on the list.

technology will depend according to the location. some places will be more technologically advanced than others. the beginning areas would definitely have a feel that is similar to classic fantasy with limited technology, however i was thinking of adding something akin to a more advanced, steampunk-esque area down the line and/or something that is a bit more metropolitan. think something similar to piltover in arcane.

as of now, guns are minimal. i can certainly see them present in areas that are more technologically advanced, however they’d likely be restricted to shot guns and other older types of guns. i can’t really see anyone running around with a glock or a machine gun lol. however, if things change and i decide to add a gunner class, then i’ll likely make guns have a more widespread distribution. right now there’s just not really the demand for me to add another role so i’m just sticking to the 10 that are already on the list.

Fair enough :) Yeah I was thinking more steampunk type guns or flintlocks, as opposed to characters running around with Ak's and spraying :p. As I type this though, the idea of a Mekari Archer utilizing a steampunk gun as opposed to bow did come to mind, basically the same skillset as an archer but replacing bows and arrows with a gun and bullets, almost like a racial variant for the class.

In regards to Demibeast, are the 'mods' limited to minor aesthetics like ears, tails etc? Or can characters go full 'Beast' in their appearance?

hi! staring very intensely at this rp, and as i formulate a character i was wondering if a demibeast were to be monkey-based, would their tail be prehensile? thanks!

Fair enough :) Yeah I was thinking more steampunk type guns or flintlocks, as opposed to characters running around with Ak's and spraying :p. As I type this though, the idea of a Mekari Archer utilizing a steampunk gun as opposed to bow did come to mind, basically the same skillset as an archer but replacing bows and arrows with a gun and bullets, almost like a racial variant for the class.

In regards to Demibeast, are the 'mods' limited to minor aesthetics like ears, tails etc? Or can characters go full 'Beast' in their appearance?
a racial variant is an interesting thought! however i won't be including that as of now just in case i happen to add a gunner role and also because i'd feel it's a bit unfair if one race is able to have a unique twist on a class while the others don't.

and i was thinking minor aesthetics! i'd like everyone to remain more humanoid than not.

hi! staring very intensely at this rp, and as i formulate a character i was wondering if a demibeast were to be monkey-based, would their tail be prehensile? thanks!
up to you! i don't at all mind if they're prehensile so if you'd like for it to be, you're welcome to do that.

a racial variant is an interesting thought! however i won't be including that as of now just in case i happen to add a gunner role and also because i'd feel it's a bit unfair if one race is able to have a unique twist on a class while the others don't.

and i was thinking minor aesthetics! i'd like everyone to remain more humanoid than not.

Thanks for the answers :)

I've changed the current WIP CS for the beast tamer with another. Decided to have a go at a Mekari Mystic instead. :)

man i've been stuck on this personality for the longest time qq i promise i'll have it up soon for my application! also open to suggestions

man i've been stuck on this personality for the longest time qq i promise i'll have it up soon for my application! also open to suggestions
Well, the faerie mage avatar makes it seems like she'll be nice and gentle so anything you do opposite of that would already be hilarious xD I was imagining a brash, gamer bro persona from the backstory haha

good luck getting it finished lol, they're definitely my least favorite part as well as the backstory to fill out but i need a good grasp of everyone 😔

but i agree with nyx (hope it's okay to call you that??) that anything unexpected from how his mage character looks would be fun. i personally always love the dumbass himbo types but it's your character so feel free to go with whatever you think works best!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but how does one connect to Aether Online? Is it similar to Ready Player One? Where they would need their whole body to interact? Or is it all cerebral? Like it connects to the brain (Idk a headset?) but the body doesn't have to move?

Also, when they're in the game, would sensations outside of the game register?

if i had to guess i think it's cerebral, where they can't move & can't sense the outside world.

since the idea is being stuck in a video game & having no connection to the outside world, having access to their body, hands, & maybe even voice would make them able to like take off their headset or call for help.

maybe similar to this: NerveGear

hi everyone!! i just wanted to sincerely apologize for my sudden disappearance. life got really busy for me and then i had a brief battle with my inner demons but i'm back now! i just wanted to ask if there's anyone still interested in this? no hard feelings if you lost the muse! i completely understand given the amount of time that's passed. i just want to know so i can figure out the next best step from here.

and to the tiktok above, LMAO so real. it's applicable to what i have in mind for my own character too 😭

hi everyone!! i just wanted to sincerely apologize for my sudden disappearance. life got really busy for me and then i had a brief battle with my inner demons but i'm back now! i just wanted to ask if there's anyone still interested in this? no hard feelings if you lost the muse! i completely understand given the amount of time that's passed. i just want to know so i can figure out the next best step from here.

and to the tiktok above, LMAO so real. it's applicable to what i have in mind for my own character too 😭
yeah I'd still be down for this!

I am still down! I’m finishing up some last assignments this weekend but I should be able to have my character finished next week!

I'm glad you're back! Congratulations on subduing your demons. I'm definitely interested.

thank you so much!! i just wanted to say that i adore the direction you took with your character @ lost echo, it makes me happy to see someone utilizing the freedom of character customization in such a way. i really do love everything else i see in the character sheets too!!

i’ll probably wait for just a few more responses and set up a discord server. if any of the roles happen to still be empty if people withdraw, i’ll open up those roles for other people

i'm also still interested in this. my health has been iffy the past few weeks so i don't mind that the ball hasn't started rolling on this yet. but i'll keep an eye out for whenever the discord is posted

i have no issues with people creating second characters if there's a role they'd like to fill! i'll be more specific about what those roles are once i start sending out invites.

and i hope you feel better! i truly am not picky when it comes to response times so i'd rather you focus on taking care of yourself than a rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back