Advice/Help advice in running a xian xia / Cultivation Rp

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
So I've been on a bit of a xian xia web novel kick at the moment and its gotten to the point that I'm seriously considering running an RP in that genre. Now I've never run such an rp before and there's an number of unique elements to the genre that I'd like to try and evoke, stuff like:

*The intricacies of cultivation itself, dealing with dantians, meridians and qi in a way that's engaging and encourages interesting decisions and narratives without being overly fussy or needlessly complex. Making use of special pills and other resources that cofer interesting permanent advantages.

*Navigating the socio-political intrigues of cultivator society: maintaining "face" and gaining and leveraging political capital to advance one's interests or hinder enemies; dealing with arrogant young masters and other antagonists who have powerful backing.

*Collecting and wielding powerful magical weapons and other artifacts, possibly even crafting them through disciplines such as alchemy, forging and so on.

So there's quite lot to consider even in this cursory examination. I like to run my rps with some light mechanics to manage progression and powerlevels, so I'm particularly interested in hearing if anyone has experience or advice on that front, but really I'm hoping to gather whatever insights folks can offer. Elders! Please advise this lowly disciple!~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back