• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventures of Prospero (Still looking)

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
"The God That Will Come is a false deity. If this god exists at all, it is a demon bent on perverting all that is just. When you encounter His followers, know that you have encountered an enemy!"
- Scrolls of Hope, Vol 6.

Adventures of Prospero
Premise
...You're an adventurer. Yes, I know, typical story setup. Let me continue, okay?
You're an adventurer. In one way or another... a lot of people are. The researcher that dabbles in the occult might find himself being forced to mow down living skeletons in an abandoned dungeon to prove his point. The hero for benevolence will surely announce his presence to the villagers and declare his willingness to undertake any quests they might give to him. And so on.

Make your own race. Your own class. Your own personal list of dungeons you've plundered.

Your own kind of adventure.
Carve your name into the chests of defeated opponents, then take their skulls and offer them to the blood god.
Be the serial killer next door that murders people by summoning a demon servant that rips their heads off.
Be the "innocent bystander gone involved sorcerer," and sell your services to the highest bidder.
Be the uptight anti-hero that goes about cleaning the streets off of crime with a blade and dungeons off of treasures with his hands.
Be the holy, forgiving maiden saint that smites all evils that come her way with mighty lightning.

Or just be that one asshole with a harem. Or that one waifu everyone wants for their own.

Also, keep in mind you'll progress through the story, okay? Don't start out with a thousand skills. There'll be time to level up, trust me, amigo... or senorita? Whatever your gender is. Didn't mean to assume it. Maybe even a helicopter.

Why are you still reading it, you twerp? Get to writing your character ideas, b-baka! Sheesh, user-senpai, you're so dumb. Also, backstory below!

Backstory of Prospero
...Just south of the Chaotic Sea, and north of the Feral Mountains lies Prospero. Surrounded by numerous neighbors like Espania and Albion, Prospero is hailed as the cradle of culture, where the first Elves discovered how to utilize magic and produce wine. Prospero, in the modern days, is mostly inhabited by elves and humans, however, has a growing and very significant amount of minorities. It remains unchallenged in its studies of magic and scientific research, as well as agriculture and trade.

OOC Notes
You can make a religion out of this!

...Y
eah.
Just as starters, this takes place in the same universe as "a Guild of Heroes" does. That does not mean that I'll make a guild of adventurers, geez.

There is, of course, absolutely NO story planned whatsoever - pfft. The best part of making a freeroam setting is that you can have OTHER people write villains FOR YOU, that you can then PM and plan evil shit with them behind the scenes whilst the stupid heroes get bashed over the head with a rock spell of your doing. Baka hero-kun! Evil is best!

Then again, I might just be hiding some secret plot down my sleeve.

Last, but not least, I must send the invites to my friends.

Alteras Alteras Swire Swire FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Hanarei Hanarei Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel (Only if you don't make carbon copies of characters from other media!)
Rules
  1. I am always right.
  2. If I'm wrong, refer to the rule above.
  3. Write at least a small paragraph per post. Three lines are good enough.
  4. Write with proper grammar. Occasional mistakes are acceptable.
  5. If you want your character to gain new powers or notable equipment, all you have to do is simply include it in your post, in several steps:
    1. Write: NEW ITEM or NEW SKILL or NEW SPELL, etc. Then explain, for an example: NEW ITEM: Sword of Aeons: a powerful cleaver that cuts through all kinds of kitchen ingredients no matter their toughness.
    2. Tag me.
    3. After I like the post, you have a green light to edit your character sheet to include said item/skill/spell/thing.
    4. You can ignore the whole process if the item is superficial. Only tag me if your character is, for an example, learning a piece of true magic that can alter the fabric of time, or finds the ancient ultimate weapon of extreme death. Learning a fireball spell doesn't warrant the need to call the GM. Feel free to edit your CS to include such minor things when applicable.
    5. Note, this does not mean you can freely change every little detail of your characters' powers all the time. Be a sport and don't give yourself sudden water spells prior to the fight with fire atronachs, unless such a fight was expected by your character.
  6. Be nice.
  7. Have fun.
  8. I insist you start with a weak character that gets stronger over time. If your character is meant to be a villain, it is quite obvious you want to start out stronger to force the heroic types to evolve to defeat you. I will leave the power levels of characters to the judgment of players, but I won't accept OP mary sues, unless they actually GROW into being OP, not start off as such power-wank tools. Overpowered characters in stories are sometimes good, but if everyone is a powerful god, what point is there to writing a story anymore?
  9. I insist on using non-realistic appearances (eg: anime, cartoony, drawn, and so on,) but I won't force you into doing so if it ruins what you have imagined for your character.

Time to make a character who's solely bent on ruining your secret plot.
Let me see....
Slave trader for any future NPC's
Tragic annoying backstory that should have given him PTSD, but instead he's immune to any sadness
Has the ability to create op magic and weapons out of nowhere
Is a mute and somehow immune to mind magic
Has possible potential for any future character development
Anyways, I'm interested.

Time to make a character who's solely bent on ruining your secret plot.
Let me see....
Slave trader for any future NPC's
Tragic annoying backstory that should have given him PTSD, but instead he's immune to any sadness
Has the ability to create op magic and weapons out of nowhere
Is a mute and somehow immune to mind magic
Has possible potential for any future character development
Anyways, I'm interested.
*Stares*
*Not happy*
*Blink*

On another note:
YAY, I'VE GOT INTEREST! Senpai noticed me!

Happy or not, prepare for the ultimate GM killer Char.

Also...too bad you're the one on the ground burning.
1302787975388421547.jpg

*still salty because your 1st and 2nd rule were a stolen from me*

But no, I won't join. Won't be able to post at all during the next month : P

I have 2 months before I get shipped off to Basic Training, so I want all the RP I can get before then

Alright making my char, buuut since there aren't enough crazy people yet (other than the boom boom guy.) So time to make a....

Wait!!! Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Your character looks similar to whatever the user thinks you do, so if a drunken/tired trader thought you looked like a dragon and started throwing random stuff at you, it wouldn't be his fault?

Alright making my char, buuut since there aren't enough crazy people yet (other than the boom boom guy.) So time to make a....

Wait!!! Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Your character looks similar to whatever the user thinks you do, so if a drunken/tired trader thought you looked like a dragon and started throwing random stuff at you, it wouldn't be his fault?
1457071843409.png

Wonder how this slipped through my notifications. Got room for more? I promise I'll stay on the ball this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back