• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventurer's Guild: Macindaw Lockdown

Divinyll

Recovering Muffin Addict
Roleplay Type(s)
THREAD IS LIVE:
Adventure's Guild: Macindaw Lockdown (OPEN)

A long time ago, humanity was threatened by the great and terrible Jaggerous. From the hostile and mysterious lands called the Speltaint, he marched his armies of undead and other monsters across the land of Kia. When the day seemed it's darkest and humanity had lost hope, six heroes stood between the forces of evil and utter destruction. With a fearless heart and as humanity’s last hope, the heroes defeated the great demon Jaggerous and changed the tide of the war. In order to prevent evil from growing as strong again, the heroes established the Adventurer's Guild. It was a place for anyone with dreams of exploring beyond their homes and helping the world to be a better place for all. Today, the Guild stands as a symbol of hope for all to see.

While no longer do the employees of Guild venture out to protect and improve the world, it serves as a place for smaller more localize adventuring guilds and freelance adventurers to buy supplies for there adventures, commune with other adventurers, compete against their rivals and friends, and gain prestige. Most importantly, the guild acts as a center of affairs small and large. New quests are made here every day, some small as fetching an escaped dog while others may be to fight great evils before they come to fruition. You never know what comes through those doors.

CHECK OUT THE LORE PAGE FOR MORE INFO:
Fantasy - Adventurer's Guild: Macindaw Lockdown | Lore (OPEN)

Last edited:
I love the amount of detail put into this as well as the overall style of writing.

Very interested.

I love the amount of detail put into this as well as the overall style of writing.

Very interested.
As far as details go, I'm not even close to done. Currently working on basic geography and how quests work. I have plans to expand magic and history, as well as make a graphic map of the world...but for about two weeks I won't have a computer. So progress is gonna be a little slower and I'd like.

As far as details go, I'm not even close to done. Currently working on basic geography and how quests work. I have plans to expand magic and history, as well as make a graphic map of the world...but for about two weeks I won't have a computer. So progress is gonna be a little slower and I'd like.
Nice to know that there's more to come, and take all the time you need.

Divinyll Divinyll You should have Enhancement as a magic type. Like an Enhancement Shaman from World of Warcraft. A person who channels energy through their weapon to enhance their strikes and, in some cases, release them for a ranged attack.

Divinyll Divinyll You should have Enhancement as a magic type. Like an Enhancement Shaman from World of Warcraft. A person who channels energy through their weapon to enhance their strikes and, in some cases, release them for a ranged attack.

That is one of the things you can do with Imbuing, just use the correct inscriptions and amount of magic energy and viola. You can even tattoo you own body to write the inscriptions. Magic isn't an ability in this world, it is a science. When I go into further details about how it works, I'll explain everything.

!!!! I'm extremely looking forward to this RP, though of course I got multiple questions regarding Ancient Magic
Does this type of magic mainly come from an artifact or can a being wield it themselves? Or depending on the entity; both?
What kind of Ancient Magic(s) are there? Or do we create the types themselves, with little bit of lore about 'em?
Either way, I'll do it B^D

!!!! I'm extremely looking forward to this RP, though of course I got multiple questions regarding Ancient Magic
Does this type of magic mainly come from an artifact or can a being wield it themselves? Or depending on the entity; both?
What kind of Ancient Magic(s) are there? Or do we create the types themselves, with little bit of lore about 'em?
Either way, I'll do it B^D

Ancient magic is unknown and mysterious. It is rare and powerful. There isn't much know about it. Only a few artifacts are known. The few that have one typically keep it secret. Essentially, you can make up an ancient magic artifact. If I approve it, it will be cannon. If not, then either try again or try something else.

Basically, I want people to help develop ancient maic with their ow ideas. I know what it is, but I'm leaving it a secret. Macindaw Lockdown is just the first RP I plan to run under these world. I have six more ideas for quests. Each one has thier one secrets. You'll just have to wait to find out.

Ancient magic is unknown and mysterious. It is rare and powerful. There isn't much know about it. Only a few artifacts are known. The few that have one typically keep it secret. Essentially, you can make up an ancient magic artifact. If I approve it, it will be cannon. If not, then either try again or try something else.

Basically, I want people to help develop ancient maic with their ow ideas. I know what it is, but I'm leaving it a secret. Macindaw Lockdown is just the first RP I plan to run under these world. I have six more ideas for quests. Each one has there one secrets. You'll just have to wait to find out.
Brilliant! Room for creativity.
With that said, can I just PM you my CS first instead of posting it directly into the CS thread?

Divinyll Divinyll - hello, this looks very intriguing. As it is, I am interested. Not in making a fighter though. There is often enough people swinging big swords around while casting fireballs. Would you say that a Nature magic-user could be a healer? Imbuing could also work I guess, as you place healing magic into stones or liquids and then have people drink them? I prefer the latter, since I have never liked the Druidic types, and nature magic seems an awful lot like forest dwellers. I am gonna check out the CS in a minute. But count me as interested for now.

Divinyll Divinyll - hello, this looks very intriguing. As it is, I am interested. Not in making a fighter though. There is often enough people swinging big swords around while casting fireballs. Would you say that a Nature magic-user could be a healer? Imbuing could also work I guess, as you place healing magic into stones or liquids and then have people drink them? I prefer the latter, since I have never liked the Druidic types, and nature magic seems an awful lot like forest dwellers. I am gonna check out the CS in a minute. But count me as interested for now.

A support character is fine absolutely fine. Every language and be used in many different ways. The only requirement is that you have a magic item and something to activate it.

Magic items will have something written on them, a magic spell. That is an inscription. When charged from arcana, it becomes a spell. When you use your activator on the inscription, you trigger the spell. You can write inscriptions on anything, even your own body. Just pick your language, spell, and activator.

Alvash is the best language for healing, but most languages can still heal. Cept probably Dalen. Just remember the requirement for each language. Your character doesn't even need to know magic to do it. You can buy a stick with a healing inscription that is activated by blood and when you stick the stick in a wound it'll heal it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back