• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventure Quest

Tsuna

Wanderer
Adventure Quest
ZAlGvi7.jpg

There has been peace in the land for forty years. Different races and social classes putting aside their differences to thrive and enjoy life.

Business is good for shopkeepers and merchants. Swordsmen and mercenaries make a living by defeating wild creatures and rogues. The royal family governs the land without worry of battle.

All is good. Until Mega Guy appeared.

An evil villain (and son of the king's rival) Mega Guy is a powerful warrior, capable of impressive physical and magical power.

In order to stop Mega Guy from starting another age of war, the King summoned the most powerful knights of the land. The Ultra Knights.

The Ultra Knights went to find Mega Guy twelve days ago. They were to return in eight days.

Now the king has asked YOU for your help. Your mission? FIND THE ULTRA KNIGHTS

Tasuke was waiting in the forest while everyone made their way there.

The king had given them all instructions on how to find the Ultra Knights. The instructions were given along with coins to be shared by the adventurers to pay for their mission.

The group of adventurers were to meet here in the forest, introduce themselves and go towards the Grassland area to find the Knights.

Tasuke 21 year old swordsman, was waiting at the meeting area with the two scrolls from the king. While waiting he looked at a map, to plan a route for himself and his new companions.

Amafrey strolled though the brush in the direction of the meeting area. She eventually got close when she spotted someone standing there. She took a minute to look him over from a little bit away. He was staring intently at what was probably a map, wearing a pair of swords and propped up near him was a lance.

She nodded in approval at the well armed stranger as she strode forward. She let out a quick shrill whistle as she approached, in order to call his attention to her as she waved.

"I hope you are who I am supposed to be meeting and not just a strange person standing in the forest."

She extended a hand when she got close to the stranger, "Amafrey"

Elrie entered the forest, slightly unsure of if she was in the right place. She was still fairly new to this kingdom. And so soon she managed to find a job which would keep her on her feet and buy a little time. A loud whistle brought her out of her thoughts and towards her unnoticed company.
She saw two strangers, a well armed man and another armed, battle hardened looking woman. Elrie herself approached, unarmed and wearing thin and light clothing. Although she knew appearances couldn't account for much, she could at least assume they were experienced.
Relieved that her companions looked strong, she smiled and jogged up to the pair. The girl, Amafrey, was just introducing herself. Elrie put on a small smile and waved.
"I guess this means I am in the right place. Call me Elrie. I'm at your service for this exploit!"

The newly-free Primus lumbered casually along one of the many dirt roads that led into the forest. His hands were balled into two tight fists, but swung in amiable rhythm with his stride. In his right was his ball and chain, and in his left there was enveloped a small number of coins that had been given to him at the start of his journey. Idly admiring his surroundings, he noticed a group gathered in the brush and moved towards them. An odd looking bunch, he decided that they might be his teammates as two looked to be capable warriors. His sandals crushed leaves and twigs beneath his feet quite noisily as he approached. Stopping a short distance away, he gave voice to a simple greeting and query, his words taking on a slight tinny quality due to his helmet. "Hello. Are you all the others sent by the king?"

Amafrey heard the twigs before his voice and as she turned to look at who would be another companion, her eyes went wide at what had to be a seven foot tall behemoth lumbering through the forest in their direction. Instinctively her hand went for her greataxe as she took a step toward this... creature. With a shake of her head she pulled her hand away and shouted back in response, "We just might be."

"Okay, we now have a half-giant on our team. This will be fun." She whispered under her breath as she waved over the...man?

"Elrie right, Amafrey. Can't wait to meet our newest companion." She said pointing back to the newest member with her thumb.

Tasuke noted a few others walking to the meeting area. Two of them appeared to be female humans, and another was a huge, powerful-looking being.

Tasuke waved to them, "Hello! Yes I was sent here by the king also. You're all in the right place.

"My name is Tasuke. I'm a traveling monster hunter. I basically take jobs fighting any monsters (or humans) that have a bounty on them...

"I'm a swordsman so I excel in close and mid range combat. Pleased to meet you all."

He smiled at Amafrey, Elrie and Primus.

Elrie watched as a giant entered their small group. He looked powerful and his presence had a strange affect on her dormant magic. As concerning as that was, he seemed friendly and not likely to be a threat within the group. No more than anyone else would be. Keeping her smile, she gave a brief nod of recognition towards the large being.
Tasuke introduced himself last. He fit right into her expectations, being a swordsman and bounty hunter of sorts. Elrie could also sense a bit of magic, which she couldn't from Amafrey and was blocked from the tall stranger.
"It's nice to meet you all. And it will be interesting to see how we fight together, hm? Do you think this is the entirety of our group?"
She looked up to the larger being and grinned.
"And may we get your name?"

Rus was flying through the forest towards were he was told to meet the rest of his party. As he entered the clearing and saw a battle gardened woman and a lightly armored girl as well as a swords man and half giant. "Hey there, I'm Rus." He said as he slowly flew forward. "I'm a wizard." He said as he puffed out his chest, thou all it did was make his bellt look bigger. If you were close enough to him you would smell the overwhelming sent of sulfer, ash, and blood.

Goro-Gor took his time strolling through the forest, taking in the lush green scenery- sure was a change to the red and brown mountains he lived in! He jerked his head swiftly to the right as he heard something- voices, travelling towards the voices in a more hasty manner Goro-Gor found himself among a group of five beings; some different species. Was this the team he was supposed to meet in the forest?

"Hello brothers! My name is Goro-Gor, but you can call me Goro...or Gor, I don't mind!" He said warmly with a smile to them all, he looked at the two girls in the group "and hello Female-Brothers! Sorry if that term is incorrect, we Gorons don't have females so I'm not sure of the term for Female-Brothers!" He laughing slightly.

"So, is everyone here one of my partners on this quest?"

Last edited:
"I believe we are your partners, and I think the word is Sister instead of female brother." Amafrey looked over all of her new companions

"Does anyone know how many will be joining us on this quest? I think it would be best if we were all here for a proper introduction. Right?" she asked with a shrug.

She walked over to the closest tree and sat down with her back to it as a thought crossed her mind.

"By the way, who is leading this band of...us?"

Last edited:
"Primus," the so-called half-giant stated, unaware of how suspicious one of his new companions had initially been of him. Watching in awed silence as a demon and a Goron joined the diverse group, Primus came upon an easy way to repeat his introduction. Slamming his fist into his chest, he faced the demon wizard Rus. "Primus." Turning to the Goron, he repeated the gesture. "Primus...", then, almost like an afterthought, "...brother."

The knight's introduction was useful, but Primus felt no obligation to provide further information about himself unless asked. The warrior woman Amafrey's question, on the other hand, caught his attention. "Yes, do any of you know more than the rest? Have any here been made head of this mission by the king?"

Tasuke was surprised to see more non-humans in the party, but he was sure they had been summoned here for good reason.

He greeted the two newest adventurers to join.

"Hey Rus! Welcome! Nice to meet you Goro Gor. Yes we're all here to help on the king's mission.

"I think there's a few more adventurers. Until then, let's start making plans."

Tasuke rolled out a map for everyone to look at. "The Grassland is north of here. It should take about three or four days to get there.

Along the way we will need to collect a few key items and information so that we can find the Knights when we get to the Grassland region.

"First, we need to make two teams. One will go north to Merch Town and get some of the items and supplies we need. The other team will go to a small village nearby and get us transportation so we can travel faster."

"Alright so... who wants to go with the first team to start moving towards the Grassland, and who wants to get horses in the village near here? Both teams will meet in Merch Town later today."

Tasuke didn't volunteer to be leader when Amafrey asked but he would probably take the lead officially or unofficially.

"Ah, sister! It sounds familiar now that you say it." Goro-Gor said lying through his teeth, he did not want to appear thick to his new teammates, He looked over at the large creature who introduced himself as Primus- Goro-Gor smiled with an acknowledging nod when he heard the term brother, perhaps Primus knew Goron customs? "I haven't been made aware we have a leader." he said answering Primus and Amafrey's question. "Does anyone want to be the leader?" He asked having no interest in the position himself.

Hearing Tasuke's plan the Goron scratched his head, "Hey, would there even be horses that can support my weight? Or Primus' weight for that matter." He said with concern and cringing remembering the last time he tried to ride a horse- it didn't go well for the horse. "But in any case I'd prefer to be on the team that gets moving to the grasslands right away!"

Last edited:
Caitlyn hadn't found her way to the adventuring group yet. Instead, she was hanging in the forest they were supposed to meet in, hunting small animals to quell her bloodlust. She hadn't been in wild form for long, but the longer she was away from the institution, the more difficult it was to transform and the harder it was to stay human in her new form. It was just so she didn't attack her new companions. At least, it seemed to be what she was telling herself.

Caitlyn huffed and licked the blood off of the normally white fur around her mouth. She flicked her ear, hearing voices nearby. She steadily approached them, not thinking twice about shifting back. It would hurt less if she just stayed in this form...

As Caitlyn crept out of the bushes, she examined her company. The two towering figures, male and female alike, were taller than her. The smaller ones, however, more matched her size. She came up to the shoulders of an average sized person, as her form on all fours stood at 5 feet. She didn't find herself intimidating, but to a group of heros in a forest, something told her it would put them on edge. But it was too late to shift now, as she was already out in the open. She yelped, announcing her presence and trying to focus her energy on changing back into a human form.

Tasuke noted Goro-Gor's question about the horses. "Oh we'll find some sort of transport that will work for each of us."

"Awesome! And I'll go with whatever team needs an extra person. We'll probably have four people in each team."

Tasuke heard someone approaching. He looked as a wolf came into the area.

He was ready to draw a weapon, though he calmed when the wolf didn't appear to be a foe. "Did one of you bring a pet or is this unusually friendly?"

Before any of the adventurers could respond, Caitlyn shook her head, the fur on her body waving back and forth with her movements.. She decided now would be a good time to shift back, so she sat down and wagged her tail, her tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth. Caitlyn made the transformation quick, fur becoming skin and fangs becoming teeth in the blink of an eye. Suddenly, she was a 5'7" elf, draped in light blue robes with hints of darker blues. Her hair was pushed back into a tight ponytail, and she carried a wooden staff adorned with blue orbs in her right hand. The sharp features on her face gave her resting bitch face, which wouldn't draw incorrect assumptions. She smirked, as if she impressed the group with the transformation. "I'm Caitlyn." She stated sharply, "Druid. Water is my element." She leaned on her staff, examining the rest of the group and sizing them up.

Goro-Gor wasn't particularly startled by the wolf, it wasn't imposing given his size. What did freak him out though was when the wolf turned into a girl before his eyes, his eyes widened at the transformation- "WOW!" He said in amazement "Caitlyn you say? Are you here questing for the Ultra Knights too? BUT CAITLYN REGARDLESS, Please, You must show me that magic again! That was most impressive Female-Bro- I mean sister..." Gorons in general were strangers to magic, so upon seeing the transformation it was no wonder Goro-Gor was so amazed.

He turned to Tasuke again, "It seems we have seven members among us at this point, based on what you said before that leaves..." He counted on his fingers for a little bit "Only one member left till we reach eight of us, enough for four in each team!" Goro-Gor said with a smile knowing that his quest would soon truly begin.

Last edited:
Amafrey quirked an eyebrow at Gor's reaction to the shapeshifter. The group had continued to grow and there were more to come.

"I had the same concern about the transportation. With companions so large it will be most difficult to find a solution that would suit all of us. Perhaps a team horses and a wagon. Not as fast as individual mounts but those on foot could keep up with a wagon at a steady pace. It would also be useful for carrying any supplies we need."

Amafrey looked over the druid, another caster. With the portly wizard and assuming the dainty Elrie was a caster we now have 3 in the group.

"I would like to be on the team that gets the transportation. I would also like it if our newest companion Caitlyn was on that team as well. Who knows, they just may have a mount for our large companions."

"I be on the grass land team." Rus said as he was worried going into town would tempt him into using his money. "I don't need a horse, I fly faster anyway." looked at the druid. "Well that makes three of us casters and four fighters. I wonder who else will show up."

Tasuke was surprised as the wolf transformed into an elf form.

"Hello!" Tasuke said, though it was questionable why he had been on guard against a wolf in a non-threatening stance but not startled by the demon and the others.

"I'm Tasuke. Right now we're choosing teams to go to two towns. Merch Town is on the way to the Knights and a small village is closer to here. You can choose to go to Merch Town or the village."

He heard Goro-Gor choose to go to the town, and Amafrey chose the nearby village.

Originally Tasuke was going to go get the transportation in the village though when Amafrey decided to go there, Tasuke thought Amafrey could help lead that team.

"I'll go to Merch Town with Goro-Gor and Rus. We need one more person on our team and two or three more to go with Amafrey."

Caitlyn disregarded the comments made towards her appearance. She was feeling too preoccupied, and didn't want to expend the energy to shift. The action required immense concentration, considering all the shifting training she had missed.

"I'll go to the village with this... brute." she said, looking Amafrey up and down. The woman didn't scare her, though she didn't doubt her abilities one bit.

Amafrey rolled her eyes at what had better been the result of miscommunication.

"Brute...hmmm. I was not stating your wolf form is a suitable mount for our larger friends, just that your abilities with animals could help us choose the best horses. Besides your body in both forms is far too delicate for such a task. Besides we wouldn't want to ruin such a valu...beautiful coat.

Amafrey quickly ran her tongue across her teeth with a smirk and a very cheeky glance at Caitlyn.

"Hey no you two, play nice." Rus said. "We don't need one of you to get mad. That'd be a hairy situation." He chuckled at his pun. "I'm sorry Caitlyn I couldn't help myself." He had a wide smile that showed of his needle like teeth.

Tasuke laughed at Rus's joke and continued thinking about the teams.

"Alright, Elrie will come with us to Merch Town. Primus will go with the two ladies."

He started getting everything ready for the teams while the others continued their conversation.

(That made me laugh fuil XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back