• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Adrift and Afloat, a Pokémon Adventure

"Got it!" She shouted to Jun as she made her way over to her proclaimed destination. Once she arrived, she fished out some Pokedollars from her wallet in order to pay for the drinks. On her way back towards where Jun was seated, she stopped by the front desk to get some complimentary Pokechow and water for the Corsola so they wouldn't feel left out. Needless to say, her hands were full when she got back to Jun.

"Here's your matcha!" She said with a smile as she tossed the bottle Jun's way before crouching down to feed and hydrate the Corsola. Once she'd gotten the wild Pokemon situated, she sat back down with Jun and Garland on either side of her.

"Got some waters for Rajin and Shui too." She handed Jun the two spring waters she had beneath her right arm. She fished a bowl out of her bag before setting it on the floor and pouring Agatha's water into it, and she unscrewed the cap of the second bottle before handing it to Garland to drink. Once she'd gotten everyone their requisite beverages, she started drinking her own water.

Last edited:
Olivia was carrying so many things, it looked funny. Jun let out a small giggle. "Thank you!" Jun grabbed the iced matcha and the waters. She gave one of the water down to Shui, who was having a blast playing with the Corsola. Then she helped Raijin, who was in her lap still, drink some of the water. And then she drank a bit of iced tea herself.

"You know, you really should try to make more friends," she said in a funny voice that tried to sound scolding but didn't manage so much. She was talking to Raijin as she caressed her tail-orb, which shone brightly. "Mareep, reep, reep!"

Olivia was relieved to finally be sitting down and no longer have to balance almost a dozen or so bottles of various liquids in her arms. She quickly downed her lemonade in a few seconds before tossing the bottle at a nearby recycling bin. "Dammit..." She jokingly lamented with a soft sigh upon just barely missing her target, and she laughed as she got up and walked over to where the bottle had landed in order to dispose of it properly.

"Hey, do you know what time it is, Jun?" She asked as she sat back down and helped Agatha up and onto her lap. The Aron snuggled into her stomach a bit, the girl never minding the cooling sensation of her iron head nuzzling against her. Garland hopped down off of the seat to mingle with the Corsola a bit, though he was disappointed when none of them wanted to scrap.

When Olivia threw her bottle over to the recycling bin, Jun wondered why she would do that... but she seemed to be having that. That should be enough, right? She smiled unconsciously at Olivia's funny doings as she caressed Raijin's fur. Raijin seemed pleased.

"What... time?" A puzzled expression overtook Jun's face. What did Olivia mean by that?

"You know, like a clock?" Olivia asked with a soft laugh, reaching beneath Agatha and into her pocket to retrieve her Pokegear. "My battery's dead and I don't see any clocks in here." She took a packet of fruit jellies from her bag and tore it open with her teeth before popping one in her mouth and offering a jelly to Jun. "We've been traveling for a while today and I wanna know how close it is to being dark out."

"Oh... oh," now for some reason she didn't see that coming. She definitely was expecting some sort of joke, maybe? But well, she took the jelly. "Ah, but we don't need a clock for that, just wait a minute!" She stood up and hurried outside, carrying Raijin in her arms.

After a minute or so, she was back. "I think it must be around 16, but some uncertainty is always present—we can ask Joy just to be sure— and since it's 24th of March today, we're in Spring, the sun will probably set at about 18 or so, right?" Jun said in the most natural way possible.

Meanwhile, Nurse Joy seemed to go to the back of the Center, maybe to get their Corsola?

Olivia's eyes were pretty wide when Jun gave her the most comprehensive time estimate she'd ever heard in her life. What wasn't this girl an expert in? "Damn, you figured all that out just by looking at the sky? That's crazy." She said with a soft grin as a chuckle escaped past her lips.

When she saw Nurse Joy head to the back of the center, she figured they were going to head out into Cianwood soon enough, and from the looks of it, Garland was incredibly tuckered out from the long day. She picked her Gible up in her arms and he started snoozing, his seemingly infinite energy finally running out.

"Guess it's just gonna be you coming with me tonight." She said as she looked down at Agatha, gently nuzzling her metallic back with one of her feet. Seemed Olivia had something she wanted to take care of now that the moon was out.

"Really think so? It's a hobby of mine." she said as she sat back down, with Raijin still on her arms.

She scrambled through her backpack for one of her notepads, while Olivia said something about tonight, she wasn't sure what she meant, but first she wanted to show her, "look! I keep track of how off I am from the precise time." she showed her the notepad, clearly enthusiastic that Olivia was interested in it. "Oh, and where are we going tonight, I'll go with you, for sure!" Jun exclaimed, putting a hand on Olivia's shoulder, and taking a sip of her matchea iced tea afterwards. Shui hopped up and do Jun's legs, clearly excited to go on adventures, too.

"Damn, that's some dedication..." She chuckled softly as Jun told her about her hobby, a look of admiration visible on her face. She was really enjoying learning about all the different quirks and tics of her travel companion.

"Heard some people talking about a local legend when I went to go snag our drinks. Something about a green bear seen at night?" She shrugged, unsure of whether or not to believe rumors like that but nonetheless way too intrigued not to check it out. Adventures like those were what traveling was all about.

"All is important for the way of the scientist. Every detail!" Jun said in a rather ominous voice. But she was definitely happy that Olivia seemed to admire her dedication rather than shun it out as some... stupid obsession. It's not like she cared for what other people thought. But, knowing that someone thought like that, more like that Olivia thought like that, it filled her with joy, for some reason she couldn't exactly comprehend.

"Hum. Green Bear. Now that's evidently intriguing... it may a Tyranitar but..." Jun rubbed her chin for a moment, pondering. After what seemed like hours searching throughout her mind catalogue for Jun, and what were probably around thirty seconds in real life, Jun went "Aha, you're a genius, Olivia!" she practically rose from her seat, "I know what that green bear must be! It should be--" she stopped in her tracks, unsure if Olivia wanted to know or not, "ah, do you want to know? Or, maybe, you're thrilled to discover it yourself—and of course, I may be... wrong anyways!" She delivered the last line in a rather dramatic manner and then she laughed. She didn't really want Olivia to get mad, although she was sure she wouldn't get mad at something this trivial, but she didn't want to ruin her surprise if that's what she wanted either! Olivia was an adventurous soul, after all. She noticed that right when they first met, her complexion was super athletic and she could just perceive it.

"Definitely wanna keep the surprise factor. I don't know of any green bear Pokemon, so it might something completely new!" She seemed absolutely elated at the prospects of their nighttime expedition, and she certainly wasn't afraid to encounter a few Spinarak and Misdreavus as they trekked through the woods to find their target.

Her adventurous spirit was suddenly curtailed by the sight of Nurse Joy bringing the Corsola back out from the treatment rooms. "I think Corsola's healthy again!" She shouted excitedly, immediately hushing herself as to not wake up the now snoozing Garland in her arms.

"I knew you'd want to!" she chuckled. Jun was starting to understand Olivia more by the minute, and that made her happy. She'd have to note it later, but she'd remember it for sure.

"Already? That's great!" Jun left Raijin in the floor to play along witht he Corsola, and went over to the counter to pick up the Corsola. Its growths seemed to be healthy again. "Now we need to get her and the other Corsola back to the water, Olivia," she told her friend as she trotted over to where she was seated. "Let's go, let's..." she hushed when she saw Garland sleeping in her arms. "Oh, uh, let's go," she murmured and extended her hand over to Olivia. Shui hopped onto Jun's head by way of the bench and Olivia, and also extended her hand, mimicking her trainer.

Olivia would have gladly taken her hand were it not for the weight of the heavy, sleeping Gible in her arms. That being said, she certainly appreciated the gesture. "Sounds good to me!" She whispered softly, motioning with her head for Agatha to get up and walk with them. She was relieved to see that Corsola was happy, healthy, and with her friends.

When the group stepped outside, they were hit with the soothing sea breeze of Cianwood at night time. The air had hints of salt to it, and the cooling sensation on their faces was one that was immediately revitalizing. "I'm glad to be out of that Pokecenter..." She said with a soft chuckle, hating feeling too confined indoors for too long.

Jun was confused for a second as to why she hadn't taken her hand, but then she realised she had a heavy Gible in her arms. Obvious!

"Me too, me too! It's always nicer to be outside." She agreed with her, "though sometimes I have to hole up in my room in order to get my data in order, which can seem like quite a bother, I'd rather do field work and scribble there, but anyways I always get lost in my writings and don't even feel time passing, next thing I know it's 10 pm and I've been writing all day." she looked at the sky, as if reminiscing old days.

"Did you always prefer being outside?" she asked as they walked, she wanted to know more about Olivia.

Olivia thought on it for a few moments before nodding, looking down at Agatha by her feet as she chatted with Jun. "Basically, yeah. My folks are both conservationists and work in the field a lot, and I always came with them when I didn't have school." She explained as the group stepped out of the Pokemon Center and started heading for the beach.

"What about you? What made you so into science and stuff?" She asked curiously, also wanting to know more about Jun. Her parents both ran a cafe, so they didn't have that background in research. As such, she was incredibly fascinated by what drove her towards research and wanting to be a professor.

"I'd say it is... love for Pokemon? I used to live in Olivine City, and I loved exploring the sea and I always wondered why there where so many Pokemon there, why they all moved in different ways, and, you know, a myriad of things!" she uttered excitedly. "I also wanted to know more about Shui and Raijin, you know, Shui was gifted to me by my mothers but Raijin was a gift from Jasmine, Olivine's gym leader!" She'd say the ocean is her home, but she's always expanding her horizons, trying out new places, researching new things.

"I see!" Olivia affirmed as she hopped down off of the raised walkway and onto the beach, her feet leaving divots in the sand where she had landed. "Really must have meant a lot to you." She said with a warm grin as she crouched down and laid Garland down against the wall. She was happy to be getting to know her friend better, and Olivia was especially a fan of feeling like she was trusted.

"Guess we reunite Corsola with her friends, huh?" She asked, looking in her peripheral at a Staryu that was curiously poking her with one of its 'arms'. The way it was analyzing and examining her reminded her of the way Jun interacted with the world and she couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"It was... I remember it vividly even now!" she shouted as she let the Corsola on the walkway and jumped down on the sand, almost losing her balance and falling head-on to the ground. Then she grabbed the Corsola again. The other Corsola that followed right behind seemed very excited and mimicked Jun's jump, thought they did it with ease.

"I suppose it has to be done..." a tone of melancholy could be heard in Jun's voice. She left the Corsola on the ground so that it played with her friends, and then poked at Olivia's shoulder two or three times. "I will miss this little gal, do... do you think she'll be alright?" Jun asked Olivia, concernedness showing on her face.

It seemed that Raijin had gotten a bit attached to them too, since she walked over to the Corsola and nuzzled against her for a bit. Shui hopped around them, maybe not understanding what was going on, maybe knowing more about what was going to happen than the two girls.

"I don't see why she wouldn't be. She does have her friends, after all." Olivia did her best to console her friend, having heard the somber tone in her voice at what she thought was the inevitable farewell for Corsola. "It's gonna be kinda sad to see her go, though." She said with a soft smile as she nestled her hands in the pockets of her shorts.

Olivia took a moment to look out at the sea as the sun slowly set on the horizon, and the gentle waves breaking on the Cianwood coastline created a nice, soothing sound. She found herself lost in thought as the reminisced back to her home by the sea, and she was only pulled back into reality from her daydream by the sounds of Jun and the beachside Pokemon.

"Indeed..." Jun said, numbly. She hadn't captured a Pokemon before, and frankly she didn't want to battle the Corsola nor to take her away from her friends. She'd surely be better right there, with the familiar flock of Corsola. She crouched down and caressed the Corsola's forehead, "do your best, and keep out of dirty waters, alright?" said Jun in a crooning voice. Then she gave her a peck, it was weird, she never got too attached to wild Pokemon like this.

Then she stood up, ready to part. "This is it, then, shall we go?" Jun asked Olivia with a smile that hid a bit of melancholy behind. But it was for the best, it was alright.

Olivia wasn't quite convinced that Jun was ready to leave Corsola behind, but she'd been wrong about reading people's character before so who knew? She waved the Corsola and her friends goodbye before making her way for the steps nearby. The purple-haired girl took her sweet time in going and getting Garland, both to not wake her scrappy Gible up, but also to give Jun as much time as she needed to finish saying goodbye.

"I guess so, yeah. Next up, checking out an urban legend!" She spoke softly, but excitedly, now holding her Dragon type in her arms with Agatha by her feet. She couldn't wait to see whether or not that the rumors of a green bear visible late at night were true.

Jun looked back three or four times, she saw the Corsola playing around, a Staryu joined in too. The Corsola she was fond of seemed happy, though, it looked back at Jun too. She waved her goodbye at least two times. Then, she joined Olivia at last; Shui and Raijin walked alongside her.

"Hoh, that green bear," she giggled. It was cute that Olivia got so excited because of that, she really loved adventures! Even though she spoke softly, Jun could sense her excitement a mile away. She wrote some stuff on her little notebook, about Olivia, and about the bear, leaving her a bit behind Olivia until she caught up. They had gone two or three blocks ahead west, perpendicular to the beachside, towards the forest side, where the green bear had been sighted, when she looked at Olivia and noticed her camera. "Wa-wait, Olivia," Jun stammered, which was unusual, she usually remained calm and collected, choosing her words, "why didn't we take a picture, we should go back and--" she said as she turned around, grabbing Olivia by the shoulder... only to find herself tripping and starting to fall down. "Wah!" She thought she saw the Corsola with her peripheral view, but it couldn't be, and, well, she was going to hit her head on the ground if she didn't do something, but it was so sudden that she probably wouldn't be able to react, and so...

Olivia was about to agree to the Corsola photoshoot when she saw her friend trip and stumble before falling towards the concrete below. "Shit!" She acted a bit more panicked than she'd consider ideal, but she didn't exactly have a lot of time to deliberate. She dropped Garland in order to free up her hands so she could grab Jun's wrist and stop her from falling. The Gible awoke suddenly and was visibly disgruntled, but he calmed down a bit soon enough.

"You okay?" Olivia asked, her heart racing as she helped Jun onto her feet. Seeing her friend almost hurt herself was a decently stressful experience, but she was relieved to see that Jun was unharmed, if a bit shaken up. "What the hell made you fall like that?" She asked with a soft chuckle as she picked Garland back up again. Her companion promptly fell back asleep as soon as he was in her arms again.

And so... before Jun could even react, Olivia grabbed her by the wrist and stopped what would have been a critical injury. And Jun was thoroughly impressed... Olivia was so agile! She kind of knew that already, but catching her so fast while having Garland on her arms, it really impressed Jun, and she promptly turned to praise Olivia. "I'm--I'm alright, Olivia, I don't know why I fell?" she said with a puzzling expression, "which is weird... and I thought I was going to fall and break my glasses but that doesn't really matter because you were there to catch me, and like, that beats everything! You were so nimble, it was awesome, you're so awesome! I'm so thankful!" she cheerfully went on as she bowed slightly a few times, with her hands clasped together, staring deep into Olivia's eyes. Honestly, Olivia was the best person she could have asked for to start her journey with, it was so refreshing being around her, and she thought she was very reliable and carefree, it made her smile just looking at her and all her energy. With all the exciment over Olivia, she almost forgot the fact that she'd thought she'd caught sight of Corsola just before falling.

Olivia didn't really know how to handle Jun's intense flattery, resigning to just accept it as she sheepishly scratched the back of her head. "I mean, you don't have to thank me for saving a friend, you know?" She chuckled softly and looked over Jun's expression of relief and gratitude for a few moments before squatting down.

She saw the Corsola wobbling directly behind Jun, clearly having followed them away from the beach. Olivia did her best to suppress her grin and laughter as she called Jun's attention to her secret admirer. "I think someone's got something to say to you." She stood back up and looked down at Jun's feet, hoping the direction of her eyes would clue the blue haired girl in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back