• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Adrift and Afloat, a Pokémon Adventure

The scene unfolded quickly as Jun watched. She was going to shout to Olivia, to stop her before she did anything dangerous, but when she gave her that smile, well, she wanted to trust her. Besides, it seemed like she knew what she was doing.

While Shui sat still on Jun's head, Raijin seemed to have left Jun's side and was nowhere to be seen. Olivia was scaring the thugs when two Polywag jumped out of the water in the direction of Olivia at their commands. But before anyone could react, Raijin, whose position Jun still didn't know, sent a ThunderShock that shocked the two Polywag along with the two thugs. The thugs must have thought Olivia was some kind of magician, because they babbled about 'how could she do that if she had no electric Pokemon', and they left with their Polywags, afraid of another shock.

Jun ran over to Olivia as Raijin made her way to Garland and Agatha's side. It seemed she had been eager for a fight for a while, and she must've taken a liking to Olivia, she probably didn't want her to waste her breath on these losers. "That was very brave, you looked very cool, Olivia!" she said enthusiastically, her eyes glimmered, as she lightly punched Olivia's shoulder. "You, too, Raijin," she said as she lifted the Mareep. Raijin contentedly let herself be lifted by Jun, then she shifted her attention to Olivia again, smiling, "I think Raijin must've thought you needn't waste your breath on these idiots, right Raijin?" she exclaimed as she caressed Raijin's fur. "Mareep, reep, reep!"

The old man, meanwhile, seemed not to want to bother the couple of young trainers for now, and waited for the right a moment to thank them.

Olivia certainly wasn't expecting Rajin to so swiftly take care of things for her, but she wasn't about to complain about an easy victory. Once the two men had scattered and run off, she walked back over to Jun, beaming with confidence like usual. "I'm glad to hear it, Jun..." She said with a soft chuckle, for she was definitely a fan of looking cool whenever she could.

"And yeah, Rajin saved me a lot of wasted time and effort... Those guys were more annoying than threatening, really." She said as she stretched her arms above her head and let out a yawn, no doubt planning on taking a nap once they'd gotten on the boat. "Yo, old guy! Can you take us over to Cianwood?" She asked with a soft smile as she squatted down to gently rub Garland's head before doing the same for Agatha.

"I'm glad Raijin was of help, look at his sphere," she pointed to the round sphere at the end of her tail, "it's not shining bright now, she must've used lots of energy in that Thunder Shock," she was proud of her Raijin. Jun noticed Olivia let out a yawn, was she sleepy? To Jun, Olivia seemed to radiate energy and always lively, walking on the canals and talking in a very fun manner, scaring off thugs, she must spend lots on energy every day. "You know, Mareep have this sphere that stores energy and..." she started beating around the bush when the old man interrupted.

"Such lively trainers you are!" a husky voice said, "of course I will take you, my gratitude. Get on, get on..."

"Thank you,"
Jun bowed. She was the first one to get on the boat and she stretched her hand for Olivia to take and get on, too. "Let's go, sleepyhead!" That funny comment just blurted out unconsciously, but she hoped it was alright to say that, she didn't think Olivia would think much of it.

Olivia grinned and nodded, taking Jun's hand in order to pull herself up onto the dock of the boat. She then reached down towards the dock to help Agatha and Garland on-board too. As soon as they reached one of the walls of the boat's cabin and Olivia set her bag down, she and her Pokemon all slumped against the wall, their fatigue from their travels that day seemingly finally catching up with them. "Hey, wake me up when we're there, okay?" She asked with a soft smile as she closed her eyes, Agatha curling up in her lap and Garland leaned against her.

She felt bad not being able to chat with Jun during the boat ride, but she figured her companion would understand. Exhaustion, it seemed, overpowered her interest in hearing obscure Pokemon facts from her blue-haired friend. She figured they'd have plenty of time to talk throughout the rest of their journey, so it didn't really make sense for her to lament the loss of an afternoon of conversation.

"Alright, rest up!" Although she had an urge to chat with Olivia, she understood that Olivia needed to rest. She crouched, and her eyes fixated on her for a little while. She looks peaceful like that. Like she's been through lots of hardships but still came out without a scratch and ready for more. Balanced. Not to mention, she looked cute all snuggled up with her Poke-friends.

Finally, she let her sleep in peace and went to check out the boat and the sea. Jun let go of Raijin and put her in the floor. Shui also hopped down from Jun's head to explore the little boat. The old man had an Omanyte that sluggishly roamed around the boat and that kept Jun entertained through a good portion of the trip. "Did you know that Omanyte regulates its buoyancy within the water by means of gas-filled chambers inside their shells? And they are extinct Pokemon, only allowed to exist through reviving their fossils, the Helix fossil, that is, because of the shape of its shell," she explained to Shui and Raijin. The old man seemed to enjoy listening too as he veered through the waters.

-

"Hey, wake up, sleepyhead!" she exclaimed, crouching to get to Olivia's height as she was slumped down on the cabin's wall. Garland and Agatha were, too, sleeping soundly. Finally, she poked Olivia's cheek, in hopes of waking her up. "Woop, woop!" Shui hopped around, making sounds to wake them up. Raijin just stood there beside her trainer.

As soon as she heard Jun's voice, she was pulled back into the land of the conscious and quickly snapped awake. It seemed her excitement had been building the entire time she was napping. She stood up slowly and stretched the remaining tension out of her body, feeling revitalized and rested up. "Oh, hey, Jun." She greeted her friend as she and her Pokemon got their bearings.

"Are we at Cianwood?" She asked as she walked over to the railing on the side of the railing and gripped it tightly. She'd never been to that particular city before, and she was always excited to see new sights. She started getting her camera ready as she awaited Jun's confirmation, the city's skyline catching her photographer's eye.

Cianwood_City_anime.png
"Yeah, we sure are," said Jun in a monotone tone as she walked over to Olivia's side to watch as she prepared her camera.

"The city has a beach and then it's lined up by buildings, and behind that are the mountains... it's quite the view, isn't it? I'm excited to see the photos you take, Olivia," she told in a reassuring voice, "oh, we could take a photo of ourselves too, don't you think? Commemorate our arrival and stuff? My moms say it's a must when you're travelling," she laughed, waiting for Olivia's answer. It sure would be nice to have pictures in the spots they went around and look at them later, now that she thought about it.

Olivia was already way ahead of her as she was crouched down and rummaging through her bag for a tripod. "I definitely agree with them! The coastline's gonna make a sweet background!" She beamed as she affixed her camera to the top of her tripod, set the timer for a few seconds, and quickly bolted back over to the railing. "Alright, everyone! Pose for the camera!" She called out with a toothy grin and quickly picked Agatha up in her arms, and Garland raised his claws and bared his teeth as if preparing to play-fight with the camera.

She was looking forward to seeing the entirety of their travel photos months down the line, and she was excited to see how she, Jun, and their teams would grow and change as they wandered. She'd have to make a photo album to commemorate everything.

Jun was quick to grab Raijin and hold him in her bosom, while Shui hopped all the way to Jun's head. Her and Jun's cat ears made for a really funny combination. She stood awkwardly near Olivia, with her back on the railing, smiling as best as she could. She stood still like that, waiting for Olivia's confirmation that the photo had been taken.

She felt happy, travelling with Olivia and being with her, it was a lot of fun!

After a few seconds, they could hear a *click*, after which Olivia dashed over to the camera to check the photo preview. "Alright, sweet! What do you think, Jun?" She asked as she brought the camera over to her friend, showing her the photo that she'd taken. It was quite well composed, with the party occupying the center of the frame and the cityscape clearly visible above the horizon created by the boat railing.

"It looks great... dazzling! I love it," she stood mesmerised looking at the picture and then beamed towards Olivia.

The boat veered towards Cianwood's coast and stationed there. "I think I can already see some Corsola, Staryu on the water, and even a Krabby over there," she said pointing to the sand where a Krabby was lazily walking around. She was eager to get off the boat, and again extended her hand for Olivia to take. "And thanks a lot, boat-owner!"

"Oh yeah, you're right! I wonder what else we're gonna find while we're here." Olivia had a look of eager curiosity in her eyes as she took Jun's hand and hopped off the boat onto the dock. She checked and made sure she had all of her belongings in her bag, and once she'd finished taking inventory, she waved goodbye to the boat owner as she walked backwards away from him. "Seeya old guy! Thanks for taking us here!"

While being in a new city was certainly exciting, she didn't actually know very much about it. "Hey, Jun. What the hell even is there to do here?" She asked abd nestled her hands in her pockets as the two stepped foot onto the asphalt of the marina.

"Ah, well, about that, I've got a map here on my backpack that pinpoints where Lugia and even Suicune are claimed to have been sighted, maybe we should head there," she said as she walked along the asphalt bridge that lead out of the marina and into the town, but then she halted. "Ah, but shouldn't we check out these cuties before we do that, Olivia?" she blurted out randomly, referring to the Corsola and Staryu and Krabby she had seen upon arriving on the ship.

"...And it's impressive that Corsola, Stary and Krabby all can regenerate their body parts, so let's go, let's go, check them out" she said, almost as if singing, about to jump from the asphalt bridge to the sandy beach, pulling Olivia's hand for her to follow.

Olivia wasn't given much time to react to Jun's sudden scientific enthusiasm, but she definitely wasn't opposed to hearing a few facts about the water types before them. She leaped down onto the sand after Jun and let her friend dash over to the beachgoing Pokemon before following behind her.

"Didn't know that they could regenerate. Neat!" Olivia spoke with a bright smile, watching as Garland approached a Krabby in hopes of initiating a little bit of roughhousing. Agatha was a bit less excited to interact with the water types, but a friendly Staryu waltzed over to her and gently made its acquaintance. "Damn, there's a lot of them here, huh?" She asked Jun with a chuckle as she squatted down on her ankles to play with a few curious Corsola.

Jun made her way to the beach with Olivia following behind. She couldn't help but marvel at all the different Pokemon that were present around the coast. Meanwhile, Shui had hopped down from Jun's head and tried to make Raijin join in the Water-Pokemon meeting. Jun spotted some Chinchou afar in the water, then she turned her attention again to Olivia, who was crouching down to play with some Corsola. And she joined in. "There sure is! And they aren't the only ones who can regenerate body parts, many Pokemon such as Slowpoke, Mareanie, and the mighty Deoxys are also capable... it's really interesting!" Jun couldn't hide her cheerfulness, and beamed at Olivia's smiling. Suddenly, though, she noticed one Corsola who had slightly discolored growths, and she saw that they were a bit loose, which, she knew, was a sign of poor health in a Corsola, possibly due to having swam too much in dirty waters. "Hey, hey," she scooped up the Corsola carefully to examine her closely, "we got to get you to a Doctor, don't you think?" She spoke in a crooning and low voice to the Corsola, who went "Cors, Corsola," her voice seemed a bit faint compared to the others. Jun nuzzled her cheek against the Corsola's, trying to comfort her.

"Olivia!"
she said suddenly, tapping her friend's shoulder lightly, "we got to get this cutie to a Pokemon Center as soon as possible, she's sick—look at her decolorations here at the top of her growths, and they're a bit flacid—", she interrupted herself to explain it, and then came back to the main thread, "and we don't want to see her struggling around like this, right?" Raijin already made it way near Jun, while Wooper hopped onto him to look at the sick Corsola.

Olivia's upbeat expression turned to one of urgency, a glint of determination in her eyes as she looked over at Jun and Corsola. Playing around with a bunch of water types had been really fun, but the Corsola's health took priority. "What the hell are we waiting around for!? Let's get going!" Olivia seemed to absolutely hate the sight of a sick Pokemon, the tone of her words intense with concern.

The purple-haired girl quickly hopped back up onto the asphalt pier and reached down to delicately pick up the Corsola. "I think I saw a Pokemon Center a few blocks away from here." She said as she set her bag down to act as a cushion for the Corsola, since she didn't want to just leave her on the ground while helping her companions up onto the elevated land.

"Eh? Ah! Alright, sure!" Jun was a bit taken aback by Olivia's sudden change of tone, but she calmed down... seeing how concerned Olivia was for the Corsola.

She followed right behind Olivia until the pier. When they got there, Olivia hopped back up really fast and Jun passed the Corsola over to her. Jun could see Olivia picked her up delicately and put her down on her bag. Meanwhile, she helped the other Corsola, who seemed to be eager to follow them to the Center to check on their friend, get up the pier too, passing them up to Olivia with care. After all, Corsola usually lived in great groups, and Jun knew that.

Once they had finished, getting Raijin and Olivia's Pokemon up too—while Shui just hopped up—Jun struggled a bit but finally got up the pier and was ready to follow Olivia to the Center. She carefully picked up the sick Corsola again so that Olivia could grab her bag, and they went on to the PokeCenter, their Pokemon following behind. The sun shone down on them, and Jun didn't want this little Corsola to miss this great day being sick. "I'm glad we found this little cutie now, she'll get back to health soon enough to enjoy the day," she told Olivia as she caressed the Corsola's body lightly.

Olivia laughed softly and smiled a bit at Jun's words, finding the way she was holding the Corsola as they briskly ran to the Pokemon Center to be extremely cute. She was quite relieved that Jun had the expertise to diagnose coral sickness on the spot like that. "I'm glad you did too, Jun. I just hope someone does something about the water pollution... I don't want this to happen again."

She looked quite bitter as she said that, scowling briefly until the affectionate Corsola in her arms picked her mood right back up. It seemed she couldn't stay mad for too long if she was with Pokemon, be they long-term companions or Pokemon she encountered in the wild. Regardless, her intensity was still very much there, and her patience was next to zero.

Once they arrived at the Center, Olivia burst through the door and quickly brushed past the people standing between the sick Corsola and the medical care she needed. She seemed to have a kind of tunnel vision in that moment. "Out of the way! Sick Corsola!" She shouted at the people in the Pokemon Center, her concern for the Pokemon more intense than her caring about coming off as rude and brash to a bunch of strangers.

Jun felt strangely at ease with Olivia by her side, Olivia's determination awakened the same feeling of resolve inside herself, and she felt she could accomplish everything with her companionship. For Jun, this was a strange feeling. Bonding with others... was not her forte at all. And, as much as she liked to observed the outer world, Pokemon, and even other people, she had trouble with introspectiveness. Observing her own self was an insurmountable task for her. "You're right, that's the root of the problem, after all."

Jun could noticed, though, Olivia's uneasiness and bitterness, it must be because of the sick Corsola, right? Jun thought it was good that she had a sense of purpose, her determination was really intense, but she thought, maybe, what would happen if there is a time where she's unable to accomplish what she wished? She didn't want her to stress out too much. But now, it was time to concentrate on getting the Corsola to safety, so Jun brushed away these thoughts for later.

Once they entered the PokeCenter, she followed right behind Olivia, who was filled with determination. Their Pokemon followed hastily right behind them, with some Corsola also following them. When they got to the counter, Jun stood right beside Olivia and lightly placed the sick Corsola on the counter, in front of Nurse Joy, then she placed a hand on Olivia's shoulder, and she looked at Joy. "Nurse Joy, please treat this Corsola, it seems she's been swimming in dirty waters for long and is now sick, so please!" She caressed the sick Corsola once more, trying to tell her that everything would be alright. The Corsola that Olivia was holding let out a cry, as if trying to back Jun up. Jun's voice sounded calm, although she raised her voice just a bit at last. The other Corsola were hopping around them, trying to get a view.

"She really needs your help, Nurse. You can make her healthy again, right?" She persuaded with an intense tone to her voice, though it was undermined a bit by the clear concern she was expressing at the same time. She clearly wasn't going to relent or back down in the slightest until their companion got healed up.

She sat down on one of the couches by the walls of the Pokecenter as she waited for Nurse Joy to treat the sick Pokemon. One Corsola was seated in her lap and the others congregated at her feet. She was by no means an expert in comforting people, much less Pokemon, but she did her best to assure them that everything was going to be fine even if she herself was still worried.

Olivia explained Corsola's sickness to Nurse Joy with more detail, and then proceeded to go sit beside Olivia. She thought it cute how she looked with that Corsola in her lap, and the other Corsola gathered around her feet. She made sure not trip with any of them and sat by Olivia's side. Raijin stood at Jun's feet, while Shui hopped about the PokeCenter.

Olivia looked quite worried, so Jun tried to ease her mood, and smiled, turning to speak to her. "Oh, hey, that was really cool how you made an entrance, and uh..." she played with her cat-ears with her right hand, maybe she was a bit nervous, "I'm glad you care about Pokemon so much, I'm sure Corsola is going to be okay, yeah? So, cheer up, don't feel down, it's what I'm getting at, I think," she laughed slightly, nervously, why was she doubting her choice of words that much? She motioned to caress the Corsola Olivia had in her lap, but instead ended up grabbing Olivia's hand. "Oh, ahm, if--I thought--" well, now that she'd done that, she didn't know what to say... Olivia's hand felt a bit cold, so she hoped this wouldn't bother her and would help reassure her.

Olivia wasn't perturbed by Jun grabbing her hand, the gesture having exactly the reassuring effect that the blue-haired girl wanted it to have. She seemed to have snapped back to her usual self after Jun's positive words about how the Corsola would be fine. "Yeah, you're right, Jun... Sorry for acting so grim..." She said with a wry chuckle, giving Jun's hand a soft squeeze as the other gently massaged a coral growth.

She briefly let go of Jun's hand and the Corsola in order to quickly slap each of her cheeks at the same time to get her mind right, and her hands returned to where they used to be once she'd done so. "I can't wait until we're back on the beach playing with the water types again! I wanna see Garland wrestle that Krabby some more!" Seemed she was back to normal, thanks in no small part to her words of encouragement.

Jun let out a sigh of relief. Olivia squeezed her hand, and Jun felt strangely warm inside even thought Jun's hand was still a bit cold. She was glad Olivia was back to her normal self. "It's fine, I just... didn't want to see you stressed out..." Olivia let go of her hand for a second to slap herself, to which Jun was taken aback, but relaxed again when she felt Olivia's hand intertwine with hers again. "You didn't have to do that!" she giggled, "Me neither, I want to see Shui have some fun, and maybe Raijin can get along with some other Pokemon too for a change of pace."

She laughed softly and grinned as she reached down to help Garland up into her lap beside the Corsola, though in doing so she had let go of Jun's hand. "If there's every been a time for them to open up, I'd say it's right now." She said as Garland snuggled up to her, her words referring to how the Corsola were friendly enough to bring just about anyone out of their shell, no matter how unsociable they were.

As the two chatted away to pass the time, Olivia's gaze constantly darted over to the front counter of the Pokemon Center, eagerly anticipating the sight of Nurse Joy bringing the Corsola back out completely happy and healthy. "Hey, I'm gonna go get a drink. You want something?" Olivia asked as she stood up and gestured to a vending machine across the room.

"Oh, sure! If there's Matcha Iced Tea, I'll go with that!" Again Matcha Tea, well, it was one of Jun's favourites, so it made sense.

As Olivia went towards the vending machine, Shui came back to Jun. Jun whispered in her ear that she should help Raijin get along with the Corsola. So, Shui took that as a mission, and started to nuzzle Raijin's fur and tried to bring her over to the Corsola near Jun's feet, but to no avail. Jun thought it would be good if Raijin got some more caressing from her, and she picked her up and caressed her fur, and she tried to take her closer to the Corsola that was now next to her where Olivia had been seated, as well as Garland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back