• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Adrift and Afloat, a Pokémon Adventure

"I--I guess you are right, but it was just so splendid... I mean, you were... ah, are. I couldn't help it!" she bounced off joy, and seemed very happy and carefree right now. She had an sudden urge to hug her friend, and she wondered why, since she never really had any need for that sort of intimate contact, but she refrained from it—after all, Garland was on her arms and she wasn't sure if Olivia would like that yet, so better to be cautious. It wasn't usual for Jun to think over stuff as simple as that for so long, she usually just acted, but this time, she didn't wanna screw it up.

A moment later, Olivia called her attention. She looked into her face, her eyes were facing downward at her feet. And so she looked down too. As soon as she saw the Corsola, her wonder turned to happiness, and she crouched down. "Corsola!! You have followed us here? Are you lost again?" Jun asked the Corsola that she now held in her hands. "Corso... la!" The Corsola shook her head. "Then what could it be...?" Jun thought for a moment. "Olivia, do you have any idea why she could be here?" she asked looking up to Olivia, with a naive, puzzled expression but hopeful eyes. For Jun, the concept that maybe the Corsola wanted to stay with her wasn't present in her mind. From past experience, it was rare for strangers to approach her, and rare for them to stay, so maybe she thought it like that too, even though she'd have liked the Corsola to stay so much, she couldn't conceive the possibility of it at all.

Olivia couldn't help but laugh a bit at Jun's momentary cluelessness, especially given how obvious (to her at least) the Corsola's intentions were. "I think she wants to come with us." She theorized with a beaming smile as she pushed a purple coil of hair from her eyes. She'd rarely seen a Pokemon so attached to someone they had just met, so she figured that had to be the case.

As Jun convened with Corsola, Olivia's eyes scanned the surrounding area for any hotels, motels, or hostels they could spend the night in. She wanted to at least check in and drop Garland off in the room before heading out into the woods.

On the glint that the last sunrays provided from the west, where it was setting down, beyond the mountains, Jun's face lit up even more as she looked at Olivia's beaming smile and then at the Corsola. The Corsola nodded vigorously.

"Is this for real!? I'm... I'm so honored!!" Jun couldn't believe it, and her voice showed her disbelief and her excitement. She buried those thought of not belonging, of being left, away, and stood up, holding the Corsola in her hands. "I'll come up with a name for you soon, cutie." she told the Corsola in a crooning voice, and she booped her nose. "Corsola! Corsola!"

She held the Corsola up in the air, with the mountains and the reddish sunset in the backgound. "Oliviaaa, we should take the photo here anyways, but to commemorate the reunion, come, you ought to be in it too," her voice was cheerful. "We can get our shoulders close so that Corsola stands there and have the sunset on our backs, what do you think?"

As soon as Jun's request met her ears, Olivia immediately slammed her bag on the boardwalk and scrambled for her tripod. The lighting was basically perfect and the memory was absolutely one they should capture. "I think that sounds amazing! It's a really neat composition and the sea's gonna look great in the background!" She said as she latched the camera into place and adjusted the aperture and shutter speed.

"Alright! We've gotta hurry!" After setting the camera on a timer, she rushed over to her companion and helped Corsola onto both of their shoulders. Her free hand posed into a finger gun pointed at the camera and winked with the eye opposite her hand. A wide, energized grin was on her face, and it wasn't just because they were posing for a photo.

Olivia seemed really excited and did everything in a rush. That made Jun happy, knowing that she liked her ideas. She took care of putting the Corsola up on their shoulders, and Jun looked at her. She was wearing a very bright grin that made Jun smile, she thought her messy purple hair looked beautiful, but she couldn't help but giggle at the finger-gun thing.

She smiled genuinely, brightly, happy to be around with Olivia. And she mimicked Olivia's pose, giving the photo a great simmetry, with the Corsola slightly hopping on their shoulders in the middle.

Click. "I bet that turned out super scenic!" In her mind, something even more scenic popped up, which made her blush slightly, as she grabbed ahold of Corsola again and separated from Olivia's shoulder.

Last edited:
Once the photo was taken, Olivia walked back over to her camera to see the result. She gave Jun a thumbs up to tell her what she thought about the picture. "Looks great! I'm gonna get it printed off tomorrow so we can mail it to your folks." She said as she started packing away her belongings and placed her camera around her neck.

Now that Corsola was on the team, and they commemorated the moment with a photo, it was bear time. "Now let's go find that bear." She said with a grin as she picked Garland back up, who was presently snoozing against Agatha's sturdy body.

"Definitely, thank you!" Jun chirped and just looked as Olivia gathered her things and put her camera again around her neck.

"At your service!" Jun laughed and trotted along with Olivia, now towards the west, towards the forest. The Cycladic style buildings, piling over each other, gave way slowly to a a myriad of trees that marked the end of the town's urban space. After the forest, a long range of mountains face towards them, menacing. And the sun was practially all set behind that mountain range when they got to the entrance of the forest. "I've never really explored a forest at night, so you'll be my guide here, expert!"

Though Olivia wasn't exactly shocked to hear that Jun hadn't hiked a forest at night before, she was definitely a little surprised at the reveal anyway. "You're gonna have such a great time! I dunno if you knew this or not, but night hiking kinda rules." She was incredibly excited at the opportunity to expose Jun to what a night in the woods felt like, especially since that was one of her absolute favorite things to do.

"Just follow me!" She said as she nestled her hands in the pockets of her shorts and stepped over a gnarled tree root. As they started making their ways into the woods, she was on the lookout for any of the landmarks she'd overheard people talking about regarding the green bear's location.

"With you as guide, I'm sure I'll do," she answered, following in the enthusiasm that Olivia was showing all over. She was glad Olivia seemed to be having lots of fun, too. It was a relief, and a nice change of pace, a breath of fresh air, from past friendships. She wanted to discover all that Olivia knew that she didn't. Certainly because she craved knowledge, but especially because she wanted to get to know Olivia more, too.

"Alright!" She followed behind Olivia trying to take in most of what she saw. Occassionally she fished out her notepad and scribbled a few things. She was on the look-out for 'the green bear', but hopefully Olivia would find it first. At one point, though, she stopped in her tracks and stared intently at to her left. The sun rays did not paint the forest any more, now the moon was starting to leave its mark on it. Jun didn't say a word as she looked intently, almost forgetting there was Olivia with her, too enthralled by her discovery that she couldn't bring herself to think about talking first.

Olivia kept on walking forward through the forest for a while, not noticing that Jun had stopped until she was a good ten meters or so away. Once she realized that her friend wasn't walking with her, she immediately changed direction and sprinted back to see just what it was that caught her interest. "You see something cool?" She asked as she reached Jun, her focus on the blue-haired girl initially before turning to what it was she was looking at.

"Oh damn, that's super pretty..." She had a look of awe in her eyes as she readied her camera and took a long-exposure photo in an attempt to capture the canopy-piercing moonbeams with its lens. The lighting was too gorgeous and ethereal for her not to, and in that moment she had almost completely forgot about why they were even in the forest to begin with.

She heard Olvia's footsteps sprinting back to her. "Ah!" She got out of her trance and looked at Olivia, "Sorry for stopping so suddenly, Olivia... I just thought I'd seen a very rare berry, but I'm not sure from this far," she glanced at her companion who was finishing up taking some pictures, or so it looked to Jun. She waited 'till it seemed like she'd finished and said, "Want to go check it out? It's just over there," her finger pointed a few meters ahead.

Meanwhile, Raijin appeared a bit scared and her bulb was glowing; while Shui and Corsola played with each other. Corsola nuzzled against Olivia's leg and then Jun's a few times.

"Definitely!" Olivia chimed as she put Garland in his Pokeball since she was growing tired of carrying him around as he slept. Seemed she'd only be able to rely on Agatha and Jun's party in case of trouble. The usually timid Aron seemed determined and confident for a change, as if she knew that little in the forest could pose much of a threat to her. Steel/Rock repelled the vast majority of forest creatures.

"What kind of berry do you think it is?" Olivia asked, leading the way in order to protect Jun from ambush threats and prevent spiderwebs from hitting her in the face. She wasn't quite attuned to the anxiety that Jun's Mareep and Corsola were exhibiting, though that was in part to her belief that they'd be able to repel anything that showed itself.

Jun smiled and walked behind Olivia. Olivia had been nothing but friendly with her, and honestly she didn't know what she'd done to deserve such a great friend, and they had basically just met. She couldn't help but wonder how the future would be, well, she thought about that as Olivia went on getting everything out of Jun's way, like spiderwebs and such. She was so focused on that that she didn't hear Olivia's words. Corsola, Shui and Raijin all walked about Jun and Olivia and seemed more comfortable now, too; Raijin was still a bit scared, well, she wasn't used to going out at night after all. Shui didn't seem to care about the night or anything, and kept a happy demeanour.

Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks, having seen the Berry, and got ahold of Olivia's arm softly so that she would stop. "Here, here! It's the Chilan Berry!" It was a rather strange berry, comprised of a green outer shell with yellow lines that had a big opening on one side from where the fruit could be seen. A read, round fruit that looked like a tomato. The shell was rough to the touch, but the fruit itself was soft. "They're really big, aren't they?" Jun said, still holding onto Olivia's arm and pointing at the 3 or 4 Chilan Berries that came out of one berry tree.

Olivia stepped closer to the plant curiously, and she crouched down in order to scrutinize the weird berries attached to it. "Weird... Do people eat these? Like, what do they do?" She asked a she looked back at Jun. While she knew a decent bit about Pokemon, though her knowledge wasn't nearly as encyclopedic as Jun's was, she had absolutely no idea about the details of botany.

As she looked back, she could have sworn she saw some bushes and shrubs move, as if something had pushed through them. She finally started to understand why Rajin and the others were so spooked, as she too couldn't help but feel like they were being watched and followed. "Hey, Jun. I don't think we're alone out here."

"Eh? You think? They are edible, but I've never eaten them so I wanted to try them out... plus, they are very interesting because these are the berries that grow faster than any other berry, in just 4 hours you've got a full-grown tree! That's just out of this world!" Jun stated excitedly as she let go of Olivia's arm to grab one of the berries with both her hands, since they were about 30 cm long, huge.

While Jun got the actual fruit out of the tough shell, Olivia was paying attention to their surroundings. Not getting Olivia's hint, Jun said, "Ah, we certainly aren't, I mean, there must be lots of Pokemon out here, right?" she said cluelessly as she put her backpack on the ground, fished out a hermetic plastic bag, and packed the outer shell, which she had broken into three parts, into the plastic bag. Then she broke the red fruit into two, "Olivia, you want this bit?" she asked extending her hand with half the fruit, being cautious not to get herself dirty. The skin was very soft and inside the texture looked like that of an avocado, but different shades of red, and it had a small pit.

Olivia eyed the fruit curiously as Jun peeled it apart before accepting the piece she was offered. "Yeah, sure! I could go for a snack right now." She said as she studied the green and red berry in her hands, figuring out a way to eat it before digging in. The flavor at first caught her off guard, mainly because she didn't expect a berry found in the wild to be so tasty, much less one typically enjoyed by Pokemon. "Damn, this tastes great!" She chimed with a laugh and avoided a pit as she took another bite.

All the while, though, she couldn't help but stay on guard. As fun as it was sharing a fruit with Jun in the woods, she couldn't shake the feeling that something dangerous was in the Cianwood forest with them. After a while, she figured that Jun probably wasn't going to pick up on her fears without being explicitly told them. As such, she finally spoke up. "Hey, Jun. Don't freak out, but something real dangerous is out here with us."

Jun chewed on the new berry carefully. As she chewed on, the fruit's texture and flavour seemed like the best thing she had tasted in ages! She always had trouble tasting food well, she didn't know why, so she was always cautious and chewed carefully. But now, at this moment, that seemed like such an out-of-this-world flavour that she couldn't believe it; such a strong flavour, she hadn't tasted something like this before. She looked at Olivia looking at the fruit for a moment and then digging in, she felt happy. Maybe it was the moment and the feelings rather than the fruit itself. She gave Olivia a thumbs up as she chewed.

Jun had grabbed another berry—again keeping the outer shell on the plastic bag—and this time she was sharing the fruit with Shui who proceeded to share it with Corsola, Raijin, and also Agatha, when Olivia spoke up. Jun wasn't exactly scared, I mean, she didn't know the forest at night, but there shouldn't be anything but Pokemon, and Olivia was there with her, plus her Poke-friends, so all should be alright, right? For an obsessive scientist like her, if she didn't have data—in this case, never having been on a forest at night—she'd be eager to learn more, but also she'd be careful and cautious. She couldn't lie, though: she did feel lost and out of her element. But she remembered she was with her friends, again, with people she could trust, which was unusual. She turned to look at Olivia, with a sort of panicked face for a moment, but then she relaxed. "Did you see something? What do you think it is?" She paused and looked down at Shui, giving her a look which Shui—still chewing on Chilan Berry—immediately recognised as 'stay alert' and turned to tell the others, then Jun turned her gaze back to Olivia, "Do you want to investigate? Are you alright?" She was concerned, too.

Olivia nodded confidently, not wanting Jun to worry about their safety. She didn't think that they were in any actual danger, but she certainly wasn't in the mood to get attacked by a wild Pokemon that night. "Yeah, let's check it out. Might just be my imagination." She said as she stood up on a nearby tree stump, scanning the surrounding area diligently in search of anything that might be observing them.

She saw some rustling in the underbrush a few dozen meters away and immediately pointed at it, attempting to stay quiet as she alerted Jun and the others as not to draw attention to themselves. "I saw something moving over there by that big rock... I couldn't tell how big it is, but it's definitely some kind of Pokemon." Could it be the coveted green bear they'd heard so much about? Were they about to come face to face with a local myth?

Jun's eyes followed Olivia's movements. She thought it was definitely fun to watch Olivia's attentive behaviour on the forest. Well, she definitely looked cool and all, too. And honestly, she was excited to see her so active. Even if she was worried now, well, maybe this was that 'green bear' Olivia had told her about, and that was sure to get Olivia on a better mood.

Jun gathered Corsola, Shui and Raijin and they scattered themselves close to her and Olivia, forming a barrier between their position and the rock's position, in case of a possible attack. Shui was making quite a lot of noise, jumping and hopping around, until Jun held her by her round face and caressed her, until she calmed down. "Shui seems a bit anxious, but Raijin stands resolute against the enemy, she always does, she'll take anything on," she told Olivia matter-of-factly, trying to lower her voice. Jun seemed to have convinced herself that Raijin was fond of battling and never wavered, but truth be told, Raijin just wanted to prove herself to Jun—Raijin thought she had to—but she was as anxious as Shui, just, she didn't show it. Jun still had a long way to go on understanding Pokemon, and mentality. "Do you think it's the green bear?" she then asked in a hush.

"I dunno what else it could be. Do you know any other big Pokemon you can find out here?" She asked the group's aspiring Poke-scientist with a near-silent whisper, simultaneously hoping they wouldn't come face-to-face with something so dangerous but also really excited by the chance to see it in person. The presence of Jun and friends and the chance of them getting hurt made her more inclined to the first line of thinking, however.

With that, she slowly crept towards the rock letting Agatha take point, for she knew her Steel type was extremely durable, especially in the face of types she was resistant to. If it was something like an Ursaring or a Snorlax, she'd be able to deflect their attacks like they were nothing at all.

"None particularly come to mind." answered Jun, pondering.

"But hey, I hope we get to see the green bear, but be careful!" she told Olivia as she saw her slowly advance towards the rock. She slowly went round to the side to try and help, with her Pokemon following in front of her.

With each step she took towards the rock, Olivia started feeling more and more tense. The rustling was getting louder, as if whatever it was knew they were heading towards it. She looked back at Jun with a serious expression, nodding as she moved a pair of shrubs aside in order to reveal the source of the noise.

The party was greeted with the sight of a massive, green Ursaring that was sitting down and munching on some berries, its fur shimmering in the moonlight like it was dusted with glass. It didn't seem to notice them or be immediately hostile from the looks of it. "Do you think it'll be upset if I take a picture?" Olivia asked pensively, already getting her camera prepared as she looked through its sight.

Jun marvelled at the sight of the green Ursaring. "Ah, it appears to be in peace, but be careful; especially if they're in mating season, they're known to be a bit hostile." Jun quickly went back to grab another Chilan berry and lightly trotted beside Olivia. "But, hey, it's the green bear!" Jun poked at Olivia's cheek, "and, oh, I think it's a female, since its fur seems long, but I haven't seen an Ursaring before so I don't really know," she laughed lightly and extended the Chilan Berry in her hand towards the Ursaring, who paid her no heed.

Olivia was relieved that the moonlight provided enough illumination for her photograph, as she wouldn't have to risk upsetting the Ursaring by means of flash photography. As Jun extended her hand towards the Ursaring, she got ready to snap a picture of the moment the green bear accepted her offering. "I don't think they're gonna hurt us. What's the verdict, science person?" She asked with a chuckle, looking fondly over at the scene as the Ursaring delicately picked up the berry and split it into pieces for the pair of somewhat skittish-looking Teddiursa that emerged from behind the rock.

Jun pondered for a bit. "The probabilities are certainly on our utmost favour, if my precise calculations aren't wrong, this entails the fact that this green Ursaring and its apparent offsprings are... really cute, uh, athlete person," she said as she kept on a serious face, that was her try at sarcasm, well, she didn't use it often, but she wanted to mimick Olivia, and thought it'd be fun. "Conclusion: real cutie-pies. All of you." she told Olivia as she chuckled and looked at Olivia and then at the newly-found Teddiursa's direction.

She pulled out her notepad again and started writing details, from how they ate to how they sat, and especial mention to Ursaring's shiny, awesome colouring, of course.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back