• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Actually Fleshed Out Early Adventurer Roleplay Idea

I am usually able to post daily unless something comes up. I will say this though: People who go missing without notice for more than a week will be excluded from the roleplay. If something comes up, let us know so that we can eventually skip over your turns or work something out.

My posts depend on how fast the roleplay moves and how much interaction is given. My posts are usually at least 200 words long though and can be up to 6000 words long. For example, today on another roleplay, I wrote a 980 word post on a basically 16 hour time skip.

I am, similarly, a longer post writer. My schedule is getting a bit busy of latex but I can for sure post four or five times a week depending on how fast things are going.

Also, yes, I will restrain myself on the magic, haha. I had an idea for a bit of a crazy character, but I'm going to do my best not to be obnoxious. (though she might be)

Let's put it like this, I wont write very verbose posts if I can pack the same amount of content into shorter text. I have in the past ruin into people who write extremely verbose posts when they could have brought the same content at one-fifth the text length.

On most roleplay on the site so far, a posting round has lasted two or three days with players posting within a day of each other. There are some people who however drag it on like forever and sometimes post immediately and sometimes after five days. I am hoping that we can manage at least a moderate pace. If we were six people, posting twice a week would be manageable.

Anyways, it might be better to start after the weekend since I am out of town from Friday to Sunday and I wont have time to post anything big. I can only reply from my phone during that time.

may I join? I have a swordsman who has healing magic
And I mostly only post on weekdays and at least once a week

Yeah, I don't RP off my phone. It takes too long. I worked as a translator before and can write 50 words per minute on PC. On phone, I can manage maybe 10 words per minute.

I will check on it in a moment. Also murdergurl lost interest and deleted all of her posts, which I cannot comprehend why someone would invest so much time into preparation just to drop out.

So, while I am somewhat interested in joining, there are a few discrepancies in the time period/technology that I'd like to be addressed first. I understand that you described the world as 'somewhat developed yet still primitive', but I feel like these discrepancies are a bit too much to simply overlook with suspension of disbelief. One point is that I'll be assuming the academy and the guild were created around the same time, which would make sense based on the overall narrative.

For starters, the first issue is that the kingdom is self sufficient enough to have something like an academy, or a guild. It seems like the kingdom is still in it's early stages, and was previously a collection of tribes, so the idea that the kingdom would have enough of a surplus to afford to have something like an academy is a bit much to swallow, at least for me.

My second main issue is the academy itself. For what's a relatively primitive, the subjects that the academy covers are insanely advanced for the time period. For instance, while it's certainly likely that xenobiology would advance with more speed, due to the presence of eldritch horrors, this is a time period where normal biology would barely exist, let alone study of alien creatures. The field would be rife with misconceptions taken as fact due to lack of research, especially if the academy was formed ~5 years ago or so. There simply isn't enough time for the fields to develop to that point. The science that's apparently developed, and the technology that's developed (ie, early iron age) are completely disconnected. This would also apply to fields like cryptolinguistics (without a Rosetta Stone of some kind, this field can barely get off it's feet), and creature studies (no demand in an developing country), though the others seem like they would make enough sense for an academy focused on making sure it's students survive.

Additionally, a secondary issue is with the fact that scythes are apparently well known enough as a weapon to have their own style of fighting, and class. Scythes are not good weapons, just, at all. While it's true that they were used as weapons in some wars in the middle ages, this is primarily due to the fact that it was poor farmers who couldn't afford an actual weapon. Additionally, they were not used in the modern sense, but rather, the farmers basically took the head off the scythe, rotated it so it was more like a makeshift halberd, and used it that way. Farm scythes are not good weapons, and developing a weapon similar to a farm scythe already exists, and it's called a bardiche, or halberd, or basically any other bladed polearm that makes more sense. Tbh, this one is easy to fix, just by replacing 'scythe fighting' as a class with 'polearms' (probably merging it with spears).

This seems like a interesting rp, any room left for another member...?

Ok, I got some character ideas in mind that I could use for the rp, but do you mind if I PM you about them, because I need to make sure that they would fit in the rp and wouldn’t break the lore. Are you fine with this? TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back