• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Ace Attorney: Turnabout Generation!

Moody Blues

New York's JoJo.

latest

Now that I've got your attention!​

Hello! I'm interested in running a mystery-based roleplay set in the universe of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. The RP itself would be set beyond the events of the games, and the characters would be much, much older than they are in the games. For example, Phoenix and Edgeworth would be well into their 40s or 50s. Athena would be around 28.

As for mysteries, I am leaning towards a system that randomly selects one Defense Attorney and one Prosecutor from the proper character sheets and begins the investigation. Cases would be held for two weeks and there would be about two cases each month. Defense Attorneys will be given ample time to investigate the cases I have laid out, as well as Prosecutors. (However, Prosecutors will be given more starting information than Defense Attorneys, just like in game.) Just like in game, I can promise there will be many opportunities and events to be silly, goofy, and just plain off the wall.

This brings me to a neat kind of mechanic that a lot of mystery roleplays don't do, in my experience. You absolutely must debate well in court to get the proper verdict for the defendant. If you aren't careful or don't find the proper evidence, the defendant could be Wrongfully Convicted! So be wise, be simple, and think like a Lawyer.

And I know what you're thinking. "JoJo! It would be difficult to keep a roleplay active if you only give a few people things to do for a month!" And I've got a solution to that, so lemme lay it on 'ya! We'll have two IC Tabs. The main tab is for investigating cases and debating in court for the Prosecution and Defense, along with whoever their "Maya" is that week. In the second tab, all characters are free to interact in whatever setting they want to. Within reason, of course. You can't be in court on the moon. In IC 2, feel free to throw a party and invite everyone!

I, myself, will be taking an active role in both playing a Prosecutor and many of the key witnesses and Judge.

So, I guess now is the time to ask. Anybody interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back