• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Ace Attorney/Ace Attorney Investigations Roleplay - Interest Check

Samevi

がんばって!
'Sup? Samevi here. I just thought: "Before rushing head-first into an idea that will probably flop, I better make sure people are actually going to come with me, right?" So, who's interested in an Ace Attorney or Ace Attorney Investigations roleplay?

Here's how it'll work if it's standard Ace Attorney:

The roleplay will be divided into multiple "games." Each game will take place in a different IC Roleplay tab. I'll probably have around 3 of those added. Each of these games will have different people playing as the lawyers (one per each side), assistants (one per each side), witnesses (three max, excluding detective, including true culprit), defendants (one each trial), and possibly judges (do I even need to say an amount here?), unless they want to be in multiple roleplays at once.

The story of a crime will be set up by me, probably using something like Google Docs, and include things like the title of the case, the profiles of the characters, and the evidence for the trial. In other words, it'll be your court record.

Depending on the complexity of each case, the judge may adjourn a trial for more investigation, BUT ONLY if the defense and prosecution cannot reach an agreement with the amount of evidence available to them.

I haven't fully thought all of this out, though, so if you have any ideas, go ahead and post them below!

Here's how it'll work if it's Ace Attorney Investigations:

This will also be made up of multiple "games," similar to the previously mentioned Standard Ace Attorney style. Instead of the regular court system, however, this will be a lot simpler in terms of Case Complexity.

The needed roles for this roleplay would be the prosecutor, an assistant, witnesses, and a rival. The prosecutor, however, focuses on the investigation while trying to prove that the innocent are just that - innocent. The rival is the force that constantly makes attempts to prove the accused is truly guilty.

The way this roleplay's investigation would work, seeing as how that's a big part of it all, would probably be something similar to me laying out the areas available to go to, and who/what's in that area that you can talk to/examine. You may jot down anything you see fit in your organizer (or the Court Record's replacement - probably also handled in Google Docs.) and present it to people to see if they'll react to it -- be careful though! You'll have a limit as to how much you can fit in your organizer at one time, and you can't counter your rival's claims if you don't have the right evidence!

Thank you for readng! If you're interested, please, don't be shy, I'd love to roleplay with someone who shares my love for Ace Attorney!

And don't forget to yell

latest

at any discrepancies in my words!

Haha, I used to run an Ace Attorney Ask Blog there, but it was phased out and died due to the popularity of the Ask Ace Attorney tumblr blog.

Hmm, well, I'll try to get something up within today. I'll post a link here when it's ready.

And here we go! Just follow this link, and then we can start working on kicking the RP off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back