• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Academy For The Inhuman

Alex quickly pulled his scarf up over his face before looking down at the ground. “I thought you were just going to make a joke about vampires or say how girlish I look...why my height?” He asked as he looked up with tear filled eyes, rubbing them he started to walk away, grabbing his new ID badge. “You aren’t mean are you? Because that wasn’t very nice” Alex was sensitive about his height, nothing else would have bothered him, jokes about his girly voice, how feminine he looked or anything.
DevonWrites DevonWrites

Eyes wide as saucers, Keaton reached out as if to touch his shoulder but hesitated. " Ah... Alex? I'm really sorry. I didn't realize it would be so upsetting for you, though that's really no excuse. I am very sorry." Keaton even gave an awkward bow, unsure of how to express his regret for hitting such a sore spot in the other.

Alex dried his eyes, looking back at Keaton he sniffled, looking so frail, his jacket was too large for him. “It’s okay, there wasn’t any hatred in your voice, I know you weren’t trying to hurt my feelings...” finally managing to dry his eyes he smiled, not that it could be seen. Walking up to Keaton he gently pet his head “thank you for being nice to me, I really appreciate your kindness”
DevonWrites DevonWrites

Keaton let out a heavy breath before leaning down and twitching his ears a bit. "Here. Touching soft things always makes me feel better, so maybe it'll help you too...?" Keaton was going to feel awful about this for days, he just knew it. He was pathetically soft like that.

Alex’s eyes lit up as he was allowed to touch Keaton’s ears again. Touching his ears again, gently stroking them as he smiled. Amazed at them he blushed and giggled “Keaton....will you be my friend?” He asked as stared curiously at the ears, gently biting his thumb for a moment her nervously leaned over nibbling on Keaton’s ears, not trying to hurt him or eat him. Alex just wanted to see what Keaton would do or how he would react.
DevonWrites DevonWrites

Blushing brightly, though he'd deny it later, Keaton nodded slightly. "If you'll have me as a friend, sure. I'll even try to not be a total jerk all the time." He offered another grin, trying to ignore the ticklish sensation of the nibbling on his ear.

Alex smiled and hugged Keaton “yay my first friend! and on my first day too!” Laughing as he let go “oh sorry! I didn’t mean to hug you, I tend to act out my emotions more than most” scratching his head nervously as he laughed and looked at the the line of students flow through. “So did you get the tattoo or the badge?” Alex asked as dug through his bag looking for something furiously. Finally finding a lollipop he pulled two out, holding one out for Keaton while the wrapper from his unfolded itself and flew back into his bag. “Here take one they are good, they keep me from taking a bite out of everyone else too, but it’s really just a vitamin supplement for blood”
DevonWrites DevonWrites

Keaton sniffed a bit at the lollipop, tilting his head curiously. "It's fine. I don't really mind physical contact. Just watch the ears; they can be pretty sensitive." Finally shrugging, he accepted the lollipop only to continue his inspection, turning it every which way. One would almost think that the little candy-on-a-stick actually was just that interesting. Almost.

“I’ll keep that in mind...but they are so cute....I may not be able to control myself” Laughing as he acted like a zombie and jumped onto Keaton’s back pretending to try and eat his ears. “I must have the fluffiness!” He exclaimed, not that he could even make Keaton stumble. Sliding off of Keaton onto the ground he started to sneeze. Alex’s nose was red as and a little runny “maybe we should hurry somewhere warmer huh?” He asked with a chuckle.
DevonWrites DevonWrites

Grinning broadly, Keaton simply stepped closer and pulled Alex into his arms. "Warm enough? I'm told I make a good heat source. I think it's the fur." He chuckled, shaking his head slightly before looking down to meet Alex's eyes. "If this is too awkward, just let me know and I'll back off."

Alex gently gripped his shirt, hisbface bright red as he unzipped his jacket and wrapped his arms around Keaton. Resting his face against keaton’s Chest “no it isn’t odd....it’s basic survival....just keep your hands where they are okay...” shivering still Alex held on tighter trying to get warmer, pressing closer as a cold gust of wind hit the back of his neck making him shiver.
DevonWrites DevonWrites

Keaton frowned slightly and shifted his body to block the wind more effectively. "Is this any better? Or should we try to sneak inside ahead of the others? I'm sure we could get away with it." His words were joking, but his tone was serious.

“Please....I’m starting to lose feeling in my toes” Alex looked up at him blushing, biting his lip as he looked him over. Taking the lollipop out of his mouth he smiled “it did help me, thank you Keaton....” burying his face back into Keaton’s chest he put his arms up the back of his shirt. “So warm.....like a walking blanket...” he said as he looked up into Keaton’s eyes, his lips slightly parted as he leaned up, hesitantly he kissed Keaton, closing his as the kiss was broke and he rested against Keaton tracing his fingers over his lips, taking in the feeling of Keaton’s lips. “Let’s sneak in.....”She whispered
DevonWrites DevonWrites

(( TheWoopdieWop TheWoopdieWop ))
Needless to say, Lira was impressed and very intrigued. She wanted to learn how to do what this headmaster did. How to make that vehicle, that ID machine. She wanted to analyse how it worked. She nearly missed Thomas saying that he wanted to move forward and nodded slightly, looking excited now, though far more nervous. "I think I'll choose the tattoo," she said to her new friend, and walked into that line. She wasn't worried about the idea of it. It seemed easier, and like a smarter choice. Plus... It was magical in origin. All the more reason to go with the weirder option.

It only took a moment, and Lira met up with Thomas again afterwards, whether it be in the same line or the other. She showed off her little tattoo with a smile, "This thing is really cool! I hadn't had a tattoo before. Some in my family get them to bolster spells, but that's certainly not an option for someone of my age. What made you choose your type of ID?"

Thomas chuckled and rolled up his sleeve to just past his wrist revealing the tattoo. "I tend to lose things easily so I figured why not get it attached to my body?" He looked at the castle ahead of them and sighed jokingly. "I escape one castle just to live in another." He smiled and shrugged, "Well, it's still a new place, In gonna go check it out!"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Narrator
Angelo gave a curt smile to Sreko as he spoke "Please, Sir or Angelo is just fine, though boss man sounds like a fun title mister....". He paused for a moment, his eyes glanced from left to right as he looked at Sreko, as if studiously reading a book "Sreko Tomic" he twirled a gaunt finger through a lock of greasy hair. "As for today's events, I've been asked not to disclose anything, yet as your councillor I have to say, I hope you handle... sticky situations very well" he chuckled to himself gently, bony hand covering his mouth as if to be polite. He ushered for Sreko to move on as he gestured more students forewards.

Pacificus Pacificus

As the students finished their choices, a few now rubbing very slightly sore arms,, the headmaster led them off to the main building, an oval shaped structure that went four stories up, with a large open gathering hall below a glass ceiling. Sadly, there were no seats, just a rather plain looking podium at the back of the hall, a mixture of varnished wood panelling and metal framework. It was carved with the insignia of BlackRock Academy, a crest inlaid by mountains that circled around the center, each individual mountain pointed to the center of the crest, where a crescent moon nested between the mountaintops. The dumpy looking all-powerful being known as Gavin the Headmaster waddled up to the podium, Angelo mingled in with the students, hardly blending well in his bright scarlet attire.
"STUDENTS!" The old man bellowed with surprising gusto "as you already know, I am your headmaster, and I just wanted to tell you all, I'm proud of you, the last year we had an unfortunate incident with a few students that led to our dear Mister Angelo having to get involved, and so far, we are incident free. Now, before I continue with today's schedule, I would like to ask all of you if you have any questions about the school or anything else you may want to know, simply raise your hand, say your name and speak your mind"

DevonWrites DevonWrites Deathkitten Deathkitten TheWoopdieWop TheWoopdieWop Pacificus Pacificus
Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Last edited:
Keaton was momentarily stunned by the feeling of another person's lips meeting his own. Hoping desparately that Alex would assume the redness in his cheeks was from the cold, he began ushering the other towards the building, still trying to block the wind. "Huh... Guess sneaking won't be required after all."

“I guess not, I wonder what all they teach here? Is it a regular school?” Alex asked Keaton as he held onto Keaton’s arm, acting like a lost puppy as he and the other students were led to the great hall. Jumping a bit when the head master spoke at first he listened to him. Raising her hand while slightly hiding behind Keaton, public speaking wasn’t something he was necessarily good at. “Um...if you don’t mind me asking...what is the point of this school?” She said as loudly as she could, not quite sure how to really state her question.
DevonWrites DevonWrites OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Narrator
The headmaster addressed Alex with a smile "What's the point of any school or educational system? To learn. I will admit that alot of education systems fail at this job, too much focus on academics, not enough focus on truly applicable skills. Do you think there's any public school out there that will have paying taxes and figuring out your career in it's curriculum? BlackRock has a somewhat greater undertaking however, many schools don't take more than one race in their student body, not necessarily due to racism, but practicality. It leaves the supernatural races of the world segregated. I disliked that notion, and for the past century I've been building this school to enforce unity, and to help my students learn how to function in both the natural, and supernatural world." He paused for a brief moment "If you don't see the point in school then why are you here?"

Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Sreko moved on as Angelo gestured. He studied the tattoo. It was a simple design. Kinda boring in his opinion. What interested him was the old mans choice of words. "sticky situations, eh? I like a challenge." he thought to himself as he followed the group into the main building. Sreko was intrigued to learn there had been an incident. His curiosity peaked.
He spoke up so he could be heard easily, "What happened with this incident? Something fatal I hope...not."

Narrator
The Headmaster cracked his back before addressing Sreko gently "It would be quite impolite of me to speak of that incident... I certainly can't give you the details, but as I said, our dear counsellor had to get involved physically, it was a simple case of racism, the very thing my ideal of this school is against." As he had begun to bring his words to a close, he could be seen to be visibly frustrated. His face flushed a little red, a nose like Rudolph.

Pacificus Pacificus

Thyme
A rough hand was the third to rise over the crowd. Albeit barely. Thyme wasn't a particularly tall boy, and was on his tip toes to make sure his hand could be seen, he'd been given a wider birth in the crowd due to his sportsbag, which meant he was somewhat easier seen from high up. "Sooooooo, since some of us are carrying bags and some art, will the people who didn't pack before they came here be given there belongings? And where can we put our stuff? We have rooms right?" He chimed up, his voice wasn't particularly peppy, but it held a well-practised energy to it. After lowering his heels down to the floor and slouching forwards a small bit, he checked his phone again, full-bars. odd. He patiently and intently listened for the headmaster's reply.

Last edited:
Alex didn’t reply to his question, there were far too many people around to speak freely. Holding onto Keaton she buried her face in his back and closed her eyes. Relaxing as she tried to catch a little sleep while she could.

DevonWrites DevonWrites

(( TheWoopdieWop TheWoopdieWop , OnyxReaper OnyxReaper ))
Lira nodded at Thomas, smiling at him, "Well at least it's a new castle, I suppose. Something to explore, I'm certain. Let's stick together for the moment, shall we? I don't know anyone here, and you're the first I've talked to." She walked along with him into the hall. The glass ceiling held her attention for a moment or two as the students shuffled in and the Headmaster began to speak.

She thought for a bit while others asked their questions. Eventually, she politely raised her hand. Once she was called on, she made sure her voice was loud and clear, a practiced maturity to her tone, "Hello sir. My name is Lira Ithella. I have a few different questions. Will there be magic taught here? You mentioned practicality. Function in the world. I assume our classes will reflect that. Another question I have is about the campus rules. Will there be strict limitations on magicks used? Or on familiars?" She touched her ferret affectionately while mentioning familiars, continuing without missing a beat, "And lastly, what will living arrangements look like? This school looks far too large for it to not be a boarding school... That said, I primarily mean to ask, how many to a room, and are they co-ed or gender-specific dormitories?"

Lira paused, nodding her head politely, "Thank you."

Keaton stood more-or-less silently as the others around him asked questions. He glanced curiously at his companion when he spoke, though the akashi decided not to push. Alex wasn't the only one not sharing things, after all.

His ears perked up when someone asked about dorms and roommates and such. He was curious to know these things as well. He figured he would likely have to share a room with someone and was both eager and anxious to find out who that would be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back