Academy for Rejected Souls (Multiverse, OC)

Mistress Imalia's Room

@folclor

James nodded, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"My mother is wonderful mistress, and I love her very much.  But I consider you as much of a mother as she is.  With all you have taught me, I don't know how I could think of you as anything less."

James glanced at the nearby clock.  It was getting close to the time he needed to leave.  He hugged Imalia one last time.

"I promise I'll make you proud."

Then James pulled away, and walked out the door.

About thirty seconds later, James walked back through the door and grabbed a pastry.

"Sorry, these are just amazing."

Then James left again, for real this time, nibbling on his pastry. 

Hallway

@folclor @StartingOver

Grim shook his head and rubbed his neck. The sudden acceleration and deceleration caused a small bit of whiplash. He glared a bit at Valian, but the puppet controlling his brother's body, for being so damned fast. "Oh I understand royalty. Once you know one, you pretty much know em all."

Grim was only half listening, until the mention of Lillith telling him to ignore the voice. 'Hmmmm.' The polymorphed otter shook his head. "No. Ignoring it will only make you crazy. That voice is your conscience." He did not have any proof of that, but if his brother was still in there like it seemed he was, then that would be him. "You should reach out it as it reaches to you."

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rooftop

Nobody

Lillith flipped around on the rooftop while she waited for the two minutes to be up. Once her count was over, she automatically started counting to two minutes again. Lillith jumped off the rooftop, landing gracefully just outside the forest.

She inhaled deeply, and her senses were attacked by a plethora of scents. She focused on the forest itself, and began picking apart the various scents, searching for the scent of Gareth.

Lillith found the scent, and took off to follow it. Instead of weaving through the trees, Lillith jumped into one and began jumping from tree to tree to continue following the scent trail.

Lillith came upon a jacket and growled loudly. 'How annoying.'

She then extended her hearing and listened for someone crashing through the trees. When she didn't hear that, she turned around and continued jumping through the trees back towards the school.

'39 seconds...'

The Entryway/Hallways

No one important. Probably.

Gareth slid through the school doors and kept running. 'Seconds. That might have bought me seconds, if she's even half the hunter she said she was.' Gareth took off his shirt and threw it to the left, bolting to the right. He was tempted to start stabbing to distract Lillith, but remembered that he was her target, and screaming would draw attention. He kept running, barreling into the currently crowded cafeteria, getting to an edge, and hiding under a mostly empty table. 'If this works, she's below me on the food chain. No questions asked. Man I want to stab someone.'

Halllways and then Cafeteria

Nobody even remotely worth my time and then @shadowstrikr25

Lillith ran into the school, continuing to track the scent. She decided to speed up, figuring that if she was going to play this game, she should give it her all. If he won, that would wound her pride. Plus if he could only pass when she was barely trying, he didn't really pass.

Lillith followed the scent through the hallways, and came upon a fork where the scent split. She growled and stared hard down one hallway. Her sight stretched down farther than any human's would have gone, looking for anything suspicious. She saw a shirt, and smirked as she took the path to the right. She tore down the hallway, knocking down inconsequential students as she went. They didn't even realize what hit them, since she was hardly even a blur at this point.

She followed the trail to the cafeteria, where it was blurred by the scent off food and other children.

She scowled as she pondered what to do. 'I could just look around, but that is hardly hunting. Everyone's heartbeat is a little different, but it's harder to tell when I haven't drank from a person. Hmm. Vibrations?'

Lillith closed her eyes and ignored every other sense she had besides touch. She focused on her feet, and could feel every movement that happened in the room. She knew that he wasn't in the crowd of students milling around, so she made note of their locations, labeling them as places he was not.

She then opened her eyes, realizing that she had marked off a lot of the areas. She sniffed the air, gaining quite a few strange looks from the surrounding students.

Her eyes began to glow as she continued to use her senses to their maximum capacity. She mentally marked off the areas that smelled and looked empty. That left very few places.

She could faintly smell her target. Just not enough to pinpoint exactly where he was. She walked through the room to a few of the areas that might have him. It took her only a few seconds in each area before she marked them off as well. She may not be able to follow the scent to where he was exactly, but she could tell where he wasn't.

'1 minute and 43 seconds.'

She snickered as she came upon the table. His scent was vaguely there. She pushed a student that had been following her curiously to the ground as she leaned down and looked under the table.

"You lose, Kleine. I won." Lillith said whilst giggling. "Come on out from under there. You pass." Though based on her original rules, he would have failed, she had made the split decision to pass him anyway.

Classroom

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna

"But this voice says things that are clearly untrue.  Like that Lillith is just using me.  It keeps making comments about her that are much too rude."

A word appeared beside the Chevalier.  "Guilty..."

"So I highly doubt it's my conscience.  Rather, I think I am going crazy.  Already, which is worrying.  If I have to be killed, please don't make my Queen have to do it."

Cafeteria

@Lunaria Silver

Gareth had kept still, listening for Lillith approaching. Something he found difficult due to the constant noise of the cafeteria. As good as the place was for hiding himself, it did have drawbacks. Like her being able to find him over all the noise and scents. He grinned as she said he lost and had passed. "I'd call it a draw. So what do I win? Do I get to kill things? Stab them? Hurt them a little? Something?" Gareth, while curious on what his reward would be if any, was still really itching to kill someone or something.

Classroom

@folclor

Grim smiled seeing the word appear. "You are not going crazy, yet." He rolled his shoulders and neck. "Fighting that voice will make you crazy. It's not going to go away." He was nodding slowly. "It really does have your best intentions in mind." He was hoping this would help his brother gain control of his body, but either way he would do anything to undermine the false queen. 

In all seriousness he looked to the body of his brother and into it's eyes. Trying to speak directly to Valian. "It won't come to that." No one was going to kill his brother if there was a chance to save him. 

Cafeteria

@shadowstrikr25

Lillith laughed as he asked what his reward would be. 'The murderous child certainly is entertaining.'

"Well. Nothing quite so...short term. This was merely a test to see if you are worth my time. Since you passed and I still find you entertaining, I have a proposition for you." Lillith said with a smirk. She felt that asking him was just a formality. Clearly he would be excited about her offer. "I would like for you to be my apprentice. You have much to learn that I could teach you."

Cafeteria

@Lunaria Silver

Gareth chuckled a little. Nishira had said to find someone to apprentice him. Since then, he didn't really care to, just going about his routine with some modifications to appease the apex predator. He could certainly see advantages in learning from Lillith, climbing the food chain and eventually usurping her. He grinned wickedly at the thought of causing a bloodbath. "Well, you do have a point. I accept your offer." Gareth finally crawled out from under the table, scy-fle slung over his shoulder, his scars from his binding plainly visible. He was ready to learn something useful.

Cafeteria

@shadowstrikr25

Lillith grinned at him maliciously. She would never teach him everything she had to offer, there was no reason to. A true master must never divulge all of her secrets. They could be used against her someday.

"Excellent." When she noticed his scars, she couldn't help but laugh. Her laugh was tinged with sadism. "What pretty scars. You'll have more before your training is over."

She then giggled, suddenly back to her childish self. "We'll start with something simple. When you plan to hide in a room filled with people, and the one hunting you is using scent, be sure to explore every area of the room. Perhaps discard your clothing in several different places in that room. While the predator is preoccupied, run from that room to another hiding place."

Lillith smiled calmly at him. "So, how did you find me? Did you track me? Did you hunt?" She was curious about how he had found her so quickly.

Cafeteria

@Lunaria Silver

Gareth shrugged at her comment on his scars. He was going to get more anyways, why did the means by which he got them matter? They just meant he had to get better. Gareth noted her advice on how to lose someone tracking through scent, kicking himself for tossing his shirt earlier. "Well, in case you didn't notice, I was running out of clothes to remove." He had a feeling no one was fond of streakers. Gareth wanted to say that it was a lucky guess, but felt that would leave a bad impression. "I went for the place that seemed the least likely." Which was true. He didn't think he'd find anyone on the roof.

Cafeteria 

@shadowstrikr25 @Lunaria Silver

Though most people in school were on friendly terms with him, all agreed that there were a few things about Sieghart the cook that were a bit... odd.  Things like his face, which was split into two halves of "moderately handsome man" and "holy shit a zombie".  Things like the desiccated corpse in the middle of the massive fire that was always burning in the middle of the kitchen.  And of course the fact that despite the bulky plate-mail armor he wore, the man could move like a damn ninja when he needed to.  This power seemed to be mostly circumstancial however, and the only explanation that the smartest students in the Academy could come up with was that it only kicked in when it would be most comedically effective.  

Whatever the case, out of nowhere Gareth would find the chef's large armored hand suddenly patting him on the shoulder.

"Hello there.  Gareth if I'm correct.  Tell me Gareth, do you like my sign?  You know, the one that's been hanging above the lunch counter since the first day of school?"

Sieghart pointed to the aforementioned sign, which said in very large, very plain letters:

No weapons

No fighting

No spellcasting

Violators will be made to leave

"Now..." Sieghart said, with a glance at the scyfel Gareth rested on his shoulder, "What's the problem with this picture?"

Classroom

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna

The Chevalier frowned.  "I think you're wrong.  But... if it does I'll need you to kill me."  He seemed very serious about this.  Sighing, he shook his head and approached the transformed otter.  "I don't feel so close to you anymore but... it's strange.  Even though you're a lower being I don't want anything bad to happen to you."  He shoved his hands into his pockets.  "I don't know why.  I shouldn't care, you know.  But I won't hurt you or your lover.  I can't protect you against my Queen and I won't raise a hand to her but... I'd rather avoid harming you if possible."

Nishira office

Scarlet opened the door and strode in looking around. "Mistress?" She called looking around. She was spoused to meet with mistress to discuss her progress. Scarlet was alitte worried however. She was starting to realize that she just operatied differently then Nishira. Scarlet found it dumb to kill her prey. What was the point of feeding if you could only do it once? She also has embarrassed herself and Nishira two weeks ago. There was no guarantee Nishira would trust her to do as she pleased.

@folclor

Classroom

@folclor

Grim shook his head and looked away, turning the other direction, crossing his arms and shaking his head. He chuckled at the comments, muttering. "Lower being." Grinning and snorting he turned to face the body of his brother. "I'd say you're not close to me anymore. My bother wouldn't call me that." He squared to his former brother, a frown covering his face. "Oh I'm so glad you say you won't hurt me or my mate." His finger jabbed into Valian's former chest, punctuating his words. "Your clan sister." He took a step to the side looking at the door. "If you really Valian, then get your head out of her ass and start acting like him. Stand up for family and for yourself." The polymorphed otter gripped his shoulder tigtly. "Cause I ain't giving up on you." Grim looked in the eyes that once belonged to his brother, hoping he could see and hear him.

Cafeteria

@TommyGun15 @Lunaria Silver

Gareth jumped a little as the armored had clapped him on the shoulder, following the arm to the chef. He then looked over to the sign that he never really noticed before. He seemed to be slowly sounding out the words, as it they were foreign to him. "Oh, I see the problem." He then pointed directly to Seighart. "You're a blind buzzkill." Gareth, who often reacted with violence, jumped onto the table, leveled his gun at the traitorous sign, and fired a pair of five round bursts at the chains holding it up. The sign clattered to the ground in defeat. "Fixed it." He had obviously missed the point of Seighart pointing out the sign, or just didn't like signs.

Cafeteria 

@shadowstrikr25 @Lunaria Silver

Sieghart nodded as the sign clattered to the ground, nodding slightly to Lilith.

"I apologize for this unpleasentness milady.

He then slowly walked into the kitchen.  About a minute later, he returned carrying a black and silver greatsword.  The design of the sword was strange, almost as if two diffferrent single-bladed swords had been forged together into one double-bladed sword.  Anyone who was magically attuned would notice something else about it, and that was the strange feeling of duality coming from the weapon, as if something entirely evil had been forrcibly bound to something entirely good.  Of course, even someone with no magical power at all would be able to feel the strange pulling sensation of the sword, as if some sort of invisible tether was attached to their chest and slowly trying to tug them towards the sword.

Sieghart pointed to the door with his sword.

"I suggest you leave.  I won't ask politely again."

Cafeteria/Hallways

@TommyGun15 @Lunaria Silver

Gareth, being one who is easily bored, proclaimed it so after 30 seconds. "Bored now." He then left the Cafeteria as Seighart popped out with his giant fuck-off sword. He did, however, hear Seighart's threat. "Already left, idiot!" He then walked in the halls, being bored, wondering what exactly Lillith was going to do with him. He kept walking to find his clothes, wondering if he should stab someone now. 'And he didn't care a few weeks ago when I was pointing my gun at people. Or that most prey has some kind of weapon on them at all times. He's kind of an idiot, isn't he?' 

Cafeteria

@shadowstrikr25 @TommyGun15

Lillith laughed at his comment about running out of clothes, unable to stop herself from doing so. "Yes, I had noticed."

She frowned at Sieghart as he threatened her new toy...er, apprentice with a sword.

"I also have a sword. But I have enough sense not to use it when there is no need. How rude." 

That being said, Lillith left the cafeteria in a huff, walking after Gareth.

"Kleine, I believe we need to see the puppet master." She called called to him.

Hallways

@Lunaria Silver

Gareth had kept walking the halls, scratching at his own back and moving towards his shirt. "Yeah, gimme a sec here" He ran seeing his shirt get picked up by a curious student. A curious student that Gareth quickly clotheslined, sending them to the ground. He then retrieved and put on his shirt, walking back towards Lillith. "Alright, I got it back." He was curious as to why they would have to see the Headmistress for anything, but given that he didn't really follow rules that restricted his capacity for violence unless he was forced, it wasn't too surprising.

~Hallways

@shadowstrikr25

Lillith snickered at Gareth's actions. The kid hit the ground with an audible thud. She leaned down and poked the dazed kid's shoulder.

"You should never touch something that doesn't belong to you." That being said, Lillith straightened herself out and began walking towards the Headmistress' office.

She briefly considered calling Valian since her game was over, but she decided against it. She didn't need him right this second, and she was sure that whatever he was doing wouldn't cause her any problems.

When she got to the door to Nishira's office, Lillith knocked on the door. "Puppet master! I found an apprentice!"

Nishira office 

Scarlet turned Nishira chair around and folded her hands on the desk. "Why hello Bats!" She gave a smile. "I haven't seen you in two weeks." Scarlet seemed much more cordial now then she had ever  been before with Lilith. "We should talk sometime, being we're both new teachers. It could be fun." Her eyes gleamed though. They always seemed to when she was faced with a challenge. Lilith was a challenge. "Maybe a drink perhaps?"

@Lunaria Silver @shadowstrikr25

My Office

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna @StartingOver @Lunaria Silver @shadowstrikr25

Nishira frowned at the others that entered rather... unceremoniously.  She was looking forward to some alone time with Delrick.  Crossing her arms, she stepped forward.  "Scarlet.  Get out of my chair.  Lillith, while I appreciate you choosing the student I assumed you would, I'm disappointed you'd walk in so easily.  Very well, though.  I'll dedicate him to you.  Then I'll work with you, Scarlet.  Actually, no.  Delrick, you work with Scarlet right now."

Classroom

The Chevalier frowned.  "I get you don't like her.  I don't understand why.  Can you, perhaps, tell me?  I remember not liking her before, remember running from her...  But I failed and when I woke up I could think of nothing but her.  I don't think that's a bad thing.  I think I'm in love with her, you know?"

Nishira's room

"We had a meeting scheduled." Scarlet said standing up. "I'm spoused to be here." She gave a pout. "Are you still  unhappy with me?" She asked. Hadn't she been punished enough? She sighed and walked over to Delrick. "Hello Delrick. How are you today?" She gave a half hearted smile.

@folclor @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Users who are viewing this thread

Back