• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Academy/drama/romance/slice of life

Dragonica

Evil in a beautiful disguise
First, to be entirely fair, this idea hit me in the face after watching a couple of k-dramas. I will admit, this will not be your typical academy roleplay where everything is happy and cheerful. When you come into this roleplay, you should probably expect some characters to die. Suicide, murder, or they disappear. So be prepared for that. Of course we'll discuss what's what in PMs first before we post it, because even if me and another person know, it should be something of a shock to the other roleplayers.

The idea has to so with the rich and the poor. I'm going to try and break it up into bits and pieces to sort of explain what's what. But I will let you know there's isn't a set plot, or an end game really. This is meant to be something ongoing for as long as someone wants to pursue it.

The Rich:

These people are pretty much who they are. Their parents are successful business owners, artists, doctors, ect. They have deep pockets, enough to come together and buy a WHOLE island, and build a school for their kids. They're snooty, and hate the poor. In their eyes the poor are trash who shouldn't mix with their gifted children. They believe that their kids are their bargaining chips when it comes to business deals and profitable marriages.

Poor:

These are anyone who's middle class anyone who can't afford thousand dollar bottles of champagne, million dollar doctors, ect. These people come from everywhere. Italy, france, rome, china, korea, greece. They are all talented or smart, driven even. But they don't have the resaurces to succeed. Until something amazing happened.

The island & Academy:

The academy is built on a small island owned by 7 filthy rich families. These people afre practically royalty, and are worshipped, albeit hated by all. They have the power to make you disappear, or succeed. But fortunately, they decided to do something different. On the island the academy is literally covering it. They have a sport area, and area for celebrities [models, musicians, ect.], business, medical, everything you could think of, they have it. The island itself seems to always be either spring, summer, or fall. it never really has a winter, doesn't get cold enough.

Basic idea:

The school is seen by outsiders as an amazing place at first. A place where young artists can blossom and grow. But recently, there has been a stream of bad press. Why do only the rich kids get to attend this school? Why are there no scholarship programs?

The school board [the seven families] are trying to save their, and she school's image. So they decide to bring in a handful of scholarship students. The students arrive, and at first things are seeming to go well, but the truth is the richies hate the poor kids. A few get along, and even begin to get a little too close. Eventually war break out. This is where the fun stuff comes in!

Anyhow, my rules are simple. At least on paragraph, be active, have decent grammar, ect.

Let me know if this interests you!

Hmm, sounds interesting. Would players start out as a poor student necessarily or can we play as a rich snobby student as well?

No, the poor students wouldn't come in right away, because I want there to be exposition where the first handful is introduced as sort of a test run, so 1 poor student for each family at first, and then slowly adding on after we set up the rich kid's lives and such. =)

Yay! Awesome! I'm going to try and make it tomorrow, and link it so people can join. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

@KillGill

@DanDanDan

@Macaberz

Do you guys have an idea for what the 7 families and their kids would be called? I was thinking "Elitists", but I was wondering if you guys wanted to sort of put in a team effort for that one. ^^; [And hopefully make it sound less cheesy.]

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/m-i-b-a-wip.89670/

The thread it up! PM me character sheets. The RP starts once enough characters have been submitted! There is still some work to be done, but I will need at least 2 volunteers to help with a few details! Let me know if you're interested. =)

@Dragonica what is the age range for the students? I'm happy to start helping out tomorrow...I'll try to think of an alternative to elitists...

@Macaberz

Anywhere from 17-24. Anyone over 24 would probably be either a teacher, volunteer, or are in the advanced college level classes. [Decided there would be those earlier. ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back