• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝐀𝐁𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍. — ( 𝘢 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘱 )

low fidelity

𝗆𝗈𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘶𝘴
ABSOLUTION.
A paranormal investigation and horror roleplay, with themes of facing your fears, changing into something you don't recognize, violence, supernatural happenings, and investigation of such happenings. Preferably 17+. Based off the horror podcast The Magnus Archives. Scroll to read more.

gm'ed by birth of venus.
EYES LIT ON SHARP THREATS FROM DARK LIPS.
  • the plot.
    The scorchings were deemed accidental at first.

Burned old buildings, blackened farm lands, even a playground left with the slides blistered and asphalt cracked from pure heat. With seemingly no evidence left behind, people handled their losses and continued on with life.

Then came the blackouts. Escalating from neighborhoods, to city blocks, to the entirety of Los Angeles County being left in the utter dark. People left stumbling in the abyss, fearful of what it could contain, of what could happen to them.

It wasn't until a certain someone found a once derelict church in ruins, almost entirely engulfed into the soft soil below. Amidst the broken glass and the splintered pews was a book. Despite the cover being soft and worn from its old age, the title simply read The Forever Deep. The book was pocketed and taken home out of sheer curiosity, and whoever found it soon suffered the same fate. Their home, collapsed in on itself, and the reader buried deep beneath in an eternal grave.

Curious phenomenons continued around the world, leaving breadcrumbs of what was truly happening. It took a trained eye to realize their meanings.

--

The paranormal investigator was smarter than most; they were not blind to the truths of the world, no matter how horrible, how gruesome, how harrowing. As these random occurrences arose, they would appear only days after to pick through the pieces and see what could be done. This work could not be done alone, however.

One person from each accident, each fear; victims given the knowledge to see.

They were told of the Entities, or more commonly thought of as the Fears. Sometimes referred to as gods, or powers, or deities, are multiple aspects of an amorphous force of fear that exists next to reality. Their influence upon reality manifests as supernatural happenings - all supernatural phenomena in the world are simply extensions of them. These phenomena can take various forms such as people, animals, monsters, books, objects, or places, all with the goal of evoking fear, terror and paranoia from all who encounter them. These entities do not simply feed off of fear, but are fears made manifest. It is not only human fear that counts, but that of animals as well. The more fearful the world is of a certain thing, the more powerful the related entity becomes, becoming empowered by the increased fear of its realm of influence.

As far as the investigator knew, there were fourteen. And so they got to work, traveling across the country to pluck one individual affected or marked by each of these Fears, their last hope for a fighting chance.

See, these Entities normally do not and cannot exist in the physical world - in order for them to do so, they must "merge with reality" by changing the world to be closer to the essence of the Entity. Servants of the Entities can perform a ritual to accomplish this. If the ritual succeeds, the entire world will be reshaped in a way that reflects the Entity, making the Entity's fear-energy much more plentiful. Rituals require massive amounts of power built up over years, and if the ritual fails, that power is lost and must be rebuilt before another ritual can be attempted.

So far, they knew any ritual attempted by an Entity had failed. However, that did not diminish the investigator's fears of another one happening anytime soon. They were usually violent, disastrous, and resulted in the deaths of many. What better way to fight fire than with fire?

I
II
III
IV
coded by incandescent

Last edited:
ooo i'm so glad to see folks interested!! the character creation & ooc threads will be up soon. 🖤

I'm definitely interested. Disclaimer, I may not be able to be on every day but I love love love this concept and I'd be super happy to do my best to keep up!

I'm definitely interested. Disclaimer, I may not be able to be on every day but I love love love this concept and I'd be super happy to do my best to keep up!
i'm glad you're interested! no worries, as i explained above, the posting requirement once the rp starts will be one post per week minimum. and the ooc server will be very relaxed. feel free to apply c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back