• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Aberrant Asylum

"Uh... the lights were probably turned on in there or--" Joseph's mouth dropped open as he peered into a room with three of the inmates. They were each sitting in chairs, muttering to themselves. They didn't even look at the trio, to wrapped up in their own thoughts. The source of light indeed appeared to be a light-bulb partially covered in grime.

Max slowly pulls up his camera and snaps a picture of them. "What now?"

Tim quickly whispered to Max, "You left the flash on you idiot!" The three inmates were in somewhat of a daze when they got flashed, as if the were on a narcotic. Now talking with his louder voice Tim said, "I think we're alright actually." He then bravely took a step into the lightened room.

There was a door on the other side of the room. Taking a chance, Joseph quickly rushed to the other side. Fortunately, none of the inmates lashed out at him. He almost laughed with relief. "Hey guys, go ahead and come over here, these guys aren't... well.... freaks..."

Max strolls through the room, before going behind the people, looking at where they were staring. Upon seeing nothing, he shrugs and walks out, turning to Joseph. "Well, they were boring, but boring is probably safe here."

With everybody now exiting the room to the other side, Tim decided to join them. He too waltzed through the room, one of the inmates hit him with his shoulder, more of a nudge than a hit. But it still seemed safe, except he could definitely smell some nasty drugs from that room. He soon was with the others. "What now?"

After walking around for quite some time in the north wing Cadin heard a loud crash he decided to follow the noise and turned the corner to see a lit room with six people he could tell three of them were inmates but not the others so walked up slowly with his hands up and said "Hello, who are you guys?"

(Gtg)

Max turns around and sees Cadin with his hands up. "Oh, no need to worry! We're friends, you can trust us. Names Maxwell Teller, but you can call me Max. You seem pretty sane, so I like you!" He says, wildly shaking Cadin's hand.

Max nods. "So, I assume you know what's going on here? Or, at the very least, know as much as we do. If not, I'll fill you in. Mutants... trying to kill us... exits barricaded. That's basically what we know. We could very well die. Nice to meet you."

"Yeah I had figured that much cause I heard a pretty big crash so I assumed we were trapped, but I didn't know there were mutants, and it's a pleasure to meet you." Cadin said

(Gtg)

"Okay, just how many people decided to come to this asylum. And ironically, all on the same day?" Joseph asked, taking a step through the door, though nervously glancing back at Cadin. "Names Joseph, and the other guy is Tim. Nice to meet ya, now join us."

"Join us or die!" Max says dramatically. He pauses for a few seconds, and then adds. "Not by us, of course, by THEM."

RaveEnding said:
Raven giggled to herself, leaning against one of the windows. She clutched her badly injured hand covered in bandages. She looked around at all the guys and laughed insanely to herself. "I'm getting out of here.. None of them know how to get out.." She muttered furiously to herself, pacing back and forth. "They don't believe me.. but they'll see.. They'll want me to help them, but no.. They just made fun of me.. They'll see.." She continued, completely unaware that they could here her. Raven's bright green eyes darted around the room, piercing a new man that had entered. She walked closer, still clutching the bloody hand that caused so much pain. "Who are you.." She whispered, staring into the new man's ((Joseph)) eyes with her crazed, emerald ones. "You're new.. I've never seen you here before." She continued sharply, leaning in closer with a crazed smile.
(I don't believe you've made a CS yet, Rave)

Eric had entered the Asylum a few hours ago, through the front entrance of the North Wing. Though the place wasn't too well let, he was able to navigate without too much trouble. The first thing he noticed, aside from the lighting, was how trashed the place was. It's an asylum, he reassured himself, inmates get out of hand all the time.

[im just gonna roleplay breaking fast forward to where everyone else is, if you don't mind. Eric arrived before the door was barricaded and I don't want anyone to have to read through paragraphs of him just exploring the first area. Basically here he just wanders the first area of the North Wing, hearing unsettling noises, but not bumping into any mutants]

Are those voices? Eric thought, referring to the faint sounds he heard drifting from the corridor to his right. As he looked down he noticed light coming from a room further down. Eric had been in dangerous situations before, but ghost voices? In a rundown asylum? That's enough to turn most towards the nearest exit.

Without thinking, he began walking towards the lit doorway. Peering inside he first saw three men, each with their own scars, wounds, and mutilations and each had on hospital gowns. Are these the patients?, he wondered. They each looked up at him, almost in unison and that's when Eric noticed the dazed look in their eyes, almost as if they weren't totally here. Eric just stared at them for a while, remaining still and silent, save for his nervousness breathing. Whatever thinking facilities were currently active in Eric's brain, they told him to turn tail and run; but his gut told him these three wouldn't hurt him, so long as he left them alone. Eric had learned to trust his gut.

That was when he noticed the three men sitting in the back of the room, talking. They weren't wearing the hospital gowns the first three men were, in fact, they looked normal. At least more normal than the other guys. Careful not to get to close to who he assumed were inmates, Eric moved closer to the 'normal' three.

"H-hello...?"

"I'm going to take the assumption that you're sane. I swear, how the heck did all of us come here on the same day..." Joseph murmured, shaking his head in disbelief. "Whatever, tell us you're name, join us, survive, alright?"

"I don't know..." Max says, "but something bad. Fate is not our friend today."

(BRINGING IT BACK!!!)

"It sure isn't..." Joseph agreed. Beads of sweat poured from his forehead. His hand was around his camera so tightly, that his knuckles had gone white. "Now what do we do?" He thought aloud.

(Perhaps I'll help you)

"I don't know." Max says. "I need to get a picture of some of those mutants before I escape. However, we should probably keep our eyes out. For some reason I'm starting to wonder if that wall was just as much to keep people OUT as it was to keep them in..."

"You're right," Joseph replied, glancing behind his shoulder. "With all of the freaks we've seen in here, I'm pretty sure whoever was running this place wouldn't want the public to know about this crap...." Turning his gaze back Max, Joseph hesitantly stated, "How about this. I'll help you out with getting pictures of the mutants and record evidence while we find a way out of here, and then we can both turn it in to authorities?"

"Aww, I wanted all the glory." Max fake pouts. "But in all seriousness, multiple sources would help validate, as well as should one of us..." Max hesitates on his next word, "Not make it... we need more pictures. Let's do this. But, uh... some food would be nice. Let's see if we can't find a kitchen of some sort. Cadin, Erin, you guys in with us? We'll need all the help we can get."

@Dreadpool

@de Graaf

@Cadin shadow lord

Last edited by a moderator:
Assailant said:
"Aww, I wanted all the glory." Max fake pouts. "But in all seriousness, multiple sources would help validate, as well as should one of us..." Max hesitates on his next word, "Not make it... we need more pictures. Let's do this. But, uh... some food would be nice. Let's see if we can't find a kitchen of some sort. Cadin, Erin, you guys in with us? We'll need all the help we can get."
@Dreadpool

@de Graaf

@Cadin shadow lord
"Agreed, seeing as we're all stuck in this cesspit, we oughta stick together at least," Joseph drawled, digging in his pockets for a battery. His camera had started blinking, clearly meaning its battery was dying. "Alright, got one." With innate swiftness, he swapped out the old battery for the new.

The charismatic individual had extended his hand to shake Max's, when a sudden cry from the room that had previously walked through caused him to jump. "Intruders! INTRUDERS!" They screeched. It seemed that the inmates in that room were finally aware of the adventurers, for the sound of scuffling to get to the door sounded throughout the corridor.

"We gotta run!" Joseph roared, already starting down to next hallway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back