• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Very Cool Title That Makes You Interested In Rping With Me (Updated 12/15)

spinksponk

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
fun mcelroy brothers GIF

╭⸻⸻╮​

Howdy​

╰⸻⸻╯

My name is Spink and I'm a 25-year-old lady who's been doing this thing for quite awhile. Beyond writing, I'm a pretty generic nerd who enjoys typical nerd things. I'm real artsy, I read a lot, I have 3 cats, and not to brag or anything but I can do a single magic trick.

╭⸻⸻╮​

The Cool Relevant Stuff:​

╰⸻⸻╯
I default to third person, past tense.

I like writing the kinds of stories that are filled to the brim with angst and toxicity and then sprinkle in just enough fluff to make it hurt worse when shit hits the fan. I enjoy all forms of nitty-gritty and it shows in my characters, who are all varying levels of awful. :')

All my characters will be adults.

While I'm a huge sucker for romance. I rarely write "and then they fell in love and it was all cool" type relationships and I don't care for any sort of insta-love.

I love fleshing out the world with an entire cast of characters, so much so that my interest in a story that starts centered around two characters and the relationship they are meant to have will fizzle out almost immediately. I make brand new OCS for every plot I write and I love to tie them so completely to our plot and your characters that I can't see them in anything else.

Post length is totally dependent on what's happening – sometimes my starters are HUGE while more action-based or dialogue heavy scenes will max out at about 2-3 paragraphs. I'm typically a pretty wordy writer and while I'm not a stickler for post length, I'd much prefer something chunky rather than quick go-go-go type posts.

I can usually manage a post a day unless life/motivation kicks me in the ass, once a week at worst.

I don't care where we rp and I'll happily go with your preferences - but I default to privage messages or discord servers.

I play all types of characters but I only do OCs. I don't mind stories based around elements of fandom though.

I don’t have any triggers but it’s completely alright if you do, just let me know and we can cut anything that squicks you out!

I don't personally use face claims and have a pretty strong preference towards written descrition but if it makes you happy, I don't care one way or the other.

I absolutely love ooc chat, I'm totally here to be cool internet friends! I might come across a little hoity-toity here but I'm super casual ooc and I fucking LOVE to gush about rp shit. Send me all your memes, all your pinterest boards, all your playlists, your shitposts, your plans, your aus, everything and I will absolutely match that energy! I’m here for it! I get hype as hell for these fictional angsts and kisses so I hope you do too.

╭⸻⸻╮​

Things about you:​

╰⸻⸻╯
You gotta be over 18.

Besides maybe a side character or two, your characters will also be adults.
Multiple characters in one story is a strong preference, multiple pairings in one story is also a bonus! If you find yourself soley writing one kind of character/pairing/etc, I'm not the writer for you.

I genuinely will never care how long it takes you to get a post out! Life is weird, motivation is weird, I get it - it's all good.

OCs only :')

Details, please! Drown me in it!

What's On The Menu:

Plots!

In a sepia-toned New York, prohibition is in full swing and everyone who's anyone is flocking to the neon lit streets of the big city with pockets full of daddy's money and a pack of cigarettes that cost them a handful of change. Our story centers around a modest speakeasy owned by a wo/man who takes care of their own, providing those who work under them with connections and cash in exchange for zipped lips and unwavering loyalty. Though they have done their best to cut ties with a brutal, messy past, it always seems to come crawling back - in the shape of young wo/ma who has held their heart with varying degrees of care for years now.

Each breath brings with it a strong, briny taste, a reminder of the endless ocean nearby and its ceaseless churn. There's no getting away from it, not from the fish gut stink of the sailors or the salt that first clings and then crusts - not for those born to a life of hardwork and servitude. Aka I want to write about pirates. I don't really have a good hook for this one but I'd love to do something with mermaids and pirates and maybe mermaid-pirate-politics??

Cowboys. I'm always down for Cowboys.

Some sort of superhuman bullshit! I don't really consume any superhero media but the idea of some utopian not-LA with a thriving criminal underbelly always hits.

Something fantasy, so I have an excuse to write knights. :') I have a old kingdom I've been dying to spiffy up a little so perhaps,,,, an arranged marriage plot. I will say I'm really picky with all kinds of "court-politic" plots so this wouid require a lot of pre-plotting for me to enjoy it. Things need to make sense for my brain to like it :')

A random assortment of pairings that we could maybe build a plot around, yippee!

criminal x criminal
(is it just convenience or actual affection that keeps them together? they'll never tell.)

criminal x "normal" person just trying their best
(oh no, they've got a past!)

investigator/journalist/detective x ghost/monster/fae/crime-doer
(they think the journalist is charming but incredibly stupid)

immortal x immortal
(resolve fights by simply running away until you cannot remember what you were fighting about! it's healthy!)

witch hunter x witch
(maybe they think they're a good person, maybe they were expecting someone real ugly but whoops they're hot)

selfish asshole x bit of a pushover
(can they have 20 bucks? they swear they'll pay you back!)

stupid x stupid
(fucking bet they can jump over this moving car)

superhero x supervillian
(not the fix-me or corrupt-me type tho)

Hardworker x Slacker
(ride those coattails, baby!)
Wordbank!

Apocalypse ❀ Fallout ❀ Royalty/Kingdoms ❀ Dark Fantasy ❀ Funky Fantasy Religion ❀ Vague DND Vibes ❀ Angst ❀ Cults ❀ Cannibals ❀ Small Town, Iowa ❀ Golden Town, CA ❀ All Edgy Tropes Ever ❀ whump lmao ❀ KNIGHTS ❀ Unlikely Heroes ❀ Unlikely Villains ❀ Morally Grey/Black Characters ❀ Genuinely Mean People who are maybe soft for One Person ❀ Found Family ❀ Bad Things Happening To Good People ❀ And Bad People ❀ Misery ❀ But Sometimes They Get A Kiss, Mwah ❀ Drug Addicts ❀ Rowdy & Problematic Characters ❀ Toxic Relationships ❀ Meanies (in love!) ❀ "I wish I could quit you" ❀ "I should've left you on that street corner where I found you" "but ya didn't" ❀ FIDLAR ❀ 40s-60s ❀ 80s-90s ❀ diners, drive-ins, and dives ❀ Soulmates ❀ Body Horror ❀ Cowboys

I know all my plot is SUPER vague but that's because I l would love to build it around what gets my partner excited too! :') I'm down to hodgepodge whatever together, I'm down to wiggle it around, hell - if you think we'd vibe and you just wanna write with me, I'm sure we can figure SOMETHING out, just throw something my way. I just really love writing and falling in love with characters, man.

Thank you so much for reading all the way through -- shoot me a DM and I'm sure we can figure something out, mwah.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back