• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A vampire, A Princess, And A Love That Can Never Be

hailthorn

Hit Me!
de4fa7a4994c65888302b62813a4d248.jpg

Background:

War...war never changes. People fight. People die. A century long era of war between the Valic Dominion and the Kingdom of Balorem has left the economies of both once-great nations in shambles. The war was fought because vampires were supposedly crossing into Balorem and snatching innocent civilians to be held captive and used as blood slaves. The claim was an absolute lie orchestrated by the Chief Magistrate who used this lie to find and execute vampires whenever possible. Thanks to the discovery of Enchanted Silver humans could resist the "vampire scourge" and fight on an level playing field to a degree. Enchanted Silver was very rare and mined by the mages in the Zoaran region of the Zusan Empire.

The actual truth was that vampires had been fleeing the genocidal tendencies of the Zusan Emperor at the time and they were not actually from the Valic Dominion. These refugees were often starving and delirious by the time they reached the city of Balorem naturally attracted by the scent of human blood. Vampires did their best to hide but vampires began killing humans on accident when they fed from them. That resulted in the Chief Magistrate negotiating with the emperor of Zusa to import the Enchanted Silver.

Either way the Chief Magistrate fed the king his lies and King Roderick XVI declared war on the Valic Dominion. Hundreds of thousands perished in the ensuing century long war until King Noctis of the Valic Dominion came to King Roderick's successor, King Danvari with a plea for peace. King Danvari had been investigating the cause of the war and discovered old tomes by the long passed Chief Magistrate that revealed the war was a sham. Danvari and Noctis agreed to peace with the following terms:

1. The crown prince of the Valic Dominion would wed the princess of Balorem.
2. To prevent vampire attacks on humans in Balorem civilians would be mandated to donate blood regularly to export to the Valic Dominion.

The terms of the treaty proved to be very unpopular in both nations. Jalice, the youngest son of Noctis, was to become king as his older brother Valor was taking up the role of a diplomat. But this was unpopular because Jalice was already betrothed to Darcia which put the Valic Dominion in an awkward position because the whole purpose of the marriage was to stave off a Civil War. And it was also in line with Darcia's father's ambitions of the House of Birds assuming the throne.

Darcia and Jalice had also fallen in love despite their rough beginnings. So on the dawn of the wedding tensions were high....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First and foremost I apologize for the verbose nature of this interest check. It is an idea I have developed over time. This idea can begin at two different points depending on how one wishes to do the idea.

Scenario 1: Valor is dispatched to the Balorem following the successful signing of the treaty to keep a watchful eye over the princess. He is supposed to pretend to be a wandering minstrel. He successfully infiltrates the castle by doing so and becomes an entertainer to the royal family. Due to the nature of his duty he was not supposed to have actual contact with the princess but he is taken by her beauty and she enthralled by his exotic mannerisms. They fall in love and against their better judgement have an affair. This is intended for a kind of love triangle type of story.

Scenario 2: It begins much like Scenario 1 except the princess and Valor don't fall in love. This is for those who aren't necessarily in favor of idea of a love triangle. I can also downplay Darcia's role in this if desired.

Both scenarios open on the day of the wedding.

I am capable of typing up to 1000 word replies but my average post length is between 500 to 700 words. If you have any questions I am more than happy to answer them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back