Experiences A two partners roleplay?

Dangerous Professional

SORRY. Offline indefinitely.
Hello, I know a lot of people rp in groups and 1x1s but I wonder if some of you have experience writing with two partners. Hardly a group but also not a 1x1. It seems like it might be hard to find people interested in such an arrangement. What do you think?

Hello, I know a lot of people rp in groups and 1x1s but I wonder if some of you have experience writing with two partners. Hardly a group but also not a 1x1. It seems like it might be hard to find people interested in such an arrangement. What do you think?

i've done two roleplays in this arrangement, actually! but a small caveat that they were both done with two close friends, both of whom already knew each other. that said, i have seen interest checks for similar things done in the past, and they've received attention (ᵔ◡ᵔ) if it's a good plot, there's definitely demand for small groups. it'll probably be easier if you have a partner who's already interested, so you only need to look for one other person — it'll definitely ease some awkwardness compared to having to plot with two new people at once, but just make sure to include the new person as much as possible!

for my own experiences, both small groups have actually included doubling, so the actual cast of characters we were writing for included 6 people. doubling has it's own set of flaws, but that's always one of the ways you can go around it to make it seem more like a group than the not-quite-1x1 you seem to be considering (.❛ ᴗ ❛.) definitely think three people is really possible, though, it really just depends on the story!

I’ve had 1x2 plot options opens for quite a while now, though I’ve only ever engaged in it two or three times. Rather than a matter of interest, I think most people just don’t bring it up if you don’t, plus the kind of plot that calls for specifically 1x2 is a bit more rare - most fit with other small group arrangements or with 1x1 better, and if you happen to get a fair number of offers one could easily be tempted to go to the small group route.

As for success or lack thereof, I don’t think my cases are the best examples. One whiffed, one was with a couple of people who were friends of mine but who’s writing styles were too different from mine, and the last one I don’t remember well enough to say.

Personally I do like and think I would enjoy more 1x2s, but I rarely find a good opportunity to suggest it and it’s not an option most people would consider let alone ask for, from my experience, not because they don’t like it but because it either doesn’t come to mind or they don’t feel it would be good to come in and ask for us to find a third person to join.

i've done two roleplays in this arrangement, actually! but a small caveat that they were both done with two close friends, both of whom already knew each other. that said, i have seen interest checks for similar things done in the past, and they've received attention (ᵔ◡ᵔ) if it's a good plot, there's definitely demand for small groups. it'll probably be easier if you have a partner who's already interested, so you only need to look for one other person — it'll definitely ease some awkwardness compared to having to plot with two new people at once, but just make sure to include the new person as much as possible!

for my own experiences, both small groups have actually included doubling, so the actual cast of characters we were writing for included 6 people. doubling has it's own set of flaws, but that's always one of the ways you can go around it to make it seem more like a group than the not-quite-1x1 you seem to be considering (.❛ ᴗ ❛.) definitely think three people is really possible, though, it really just depends on the story!
I appreciate you sharing your experiences with me. I'm looking forward to trying it out!

I’ve had 1x2 plot options opens for quite a while now, though I’ve only ever engaged in it two or three times. Rather than a matter of interest, I think most people just don’t bring it up if you don’t, plus the kind of plot that calls for specifically 1x2 is a bit more rare - most fit with other small group arrangements or with 1x1 better, and if you happen to get a fair number of offers one could easily be tempted to go to the small group route.

As for success or lack thereof, I don’t think my cases are the best examples. One whiffed, one was with a couple of people who were friends of mine but who’s writing styles were too different from mine, and the last one I don’t remember well enough to say.

Personally I do like and think I would enjoy more 1x2s, but I rarely find a good opportunity to suggest it and it’s not an option most people would consider let alone ask for, from my experience, not because they don’t like it but because it either doesn’t come to mind or they don’t feel it would be good to come in and ask for us to find a third person to join.
Thank you for the useful advice! I will call it "1x2" in my thread from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back