• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A twisted confluence of fates!

Bloody_Scourge

Ancient Ichor
The planet Lekromika is a planet with Earth like conditions- especially considering the makeup of the atmospheric conditions. There are five 'continents' (read as: large masses of land). The first one is the continent of Teoboris. As far as the actual climate, most of it could be considered the same. There are many swamps, marshes, and wetlands- these showcase an amazing amount of biodiversity, and unfortunately that also means the most monsters. These swamps and marshes compose most of the land. Then there are the forests, they are mostly secondary and boreal type forests, which are home to many monsters as well, albeit not as many. The least are the rolling plains of tall golden colored grass, these make up mostly coastal areas and tend to be much cooler than the swamps. There is one major city named Shimmerbay- the population is ~4,000. Demographic information is available, and shows that humans make up most of the population, elves make up a smaller percentage, while beastfolk and other nonhuman beings need more information done- but are considered minorities. Religion within the city is mostly limited to current known pantheon- a group of many gods for many different things (basically plot elements that will be used when convenient). While there are villages that may still worship the elder gods, and some that may worship a pantheon that's their own, those most of these could be considered disconnected from the rest of society. As for most villages, they tend to me scattered throughout the land, mostly within the forests and coastal regions. Economic systems may vary from village to village as some are wealthier or more populated/larger than others, though the gold standard does exist in the form of flat, circular, gold pieces. Special races do exist, and are not going to be listed here. As for magic- not everyone has it. In fact most humans don't, but those that do can obtain massive power. Ah, finally, so the whole point is basically to explore the continent. There is a loose storyline at work that can be followed- or completely disregarded, either one works. I'm a GM of sorts. I'll control the world/NPCs/pretty much everything else + my own character. The world is dynamic too- and changes that are irreversible to the climate can be made that will persist. Sometimes the population of entire villages and towns may be wiped out, and never populated again.

So, where does your character fit in? For whatever reason- one way or another by their fault or not they've been thrown in jail with no real hope of ever being released or seeing the light of day. That is- until you're offered a choice. There's been spike in monster attacks throughout the land- and all the guards and adventurers are in dire need of help. An an explorer has paid money for your release, but you must work under them. Refusing the offer is pretty much just rotting in jail. The rest of your characters details are up to you. Even the reason they're in jail. Many races are available to choose from. Just ask. Or your character is part of the newly established Heroes guild, a group of warriors tasked without vanquishing the nightmares that plague humanity. Your character bit off more than they can chew and the tide of the battle becomes unfavorable until another mysterious Guild member assists. The choice is yours.

And, the monsters and other enemies are going to be tough as nails to start. Your character will get stronger, eventually making the dispatching of monsters and enemies later. Dungeon plundering for loot, and saving money/helping people will always be a good way to acquire new gear and become stronger. And the cast of NPCs with their own storylines can often provide as well. So don't worry about the fights always being tough.

I've put a lot of thought into this to make it seem as immersive, real, and actually 'living' as I could, and I've been wanting to do this as an RP for awhile.

I would like An active roleplayer, who can write up to a few paragraphs, but only in need be I won't enforce that rule. PM me or reply if interested

Huh. This actually sounds like something I’ve wanted to do for a while but couldn’t figure out how to put in words. Yeah, I’d definitely be up for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back