• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Thief's Lies -- Interest Check

HexWitch

When the truth holds secrets that the world can't know, all there is left to do is lie.

This Roleplay takes place in a kingdom known as Foren, an ancient land filled to the brim with war, intrigue, and politics. A rebellion stirs in the south, despite the fact that King Lothean has been a great king for forty-three years. Dozens of people play at a secret game, all trying to gain the upper hand and use whoever they can find as pawns. This war from the shadows could destroy Foren from within as rebels destroy it from without, or it could save the kingdom and lead it into a golden age.

dark-fantasy-wallpaper-18.jpg
Roleplayers would play a character from one of several different countries, or even from Foren itself. Most characters will either be a player in the secret game, or an agent for one. Though, some could be unaware of all that is happening entirely.

The roleplay is low-fantasy, and allows for roleplayers to be humans, elves, or dwarves. There is an extensive lore page; however, it can just be skimmed through for the important information you would need to create your character.​

I'm interested in being either a Follower of Nyrus (liar) or a watcher for the raven lord (Pride) :>

This sounds intriguing.
I’m interested.
I’d enjoy being a sort of right hand man to the raven’s watchers. Ire rank. Not the top, but ready to help the top dude. :b
Or a follower of Nyrus.
They sound like fun. ^-^

Excellent! I've made a page with a link to the chat, character forms, rules, and lore: A Thief's Lies
Feel free to look over it; the Roleplay itself will probably start up some time in the next few days.

You know I'm here, Avartes.

For once, I've been consistent in my responses. It's been a miracle.

HexWitch HexWitch Since you stated you want to start the RP soon and the lore is in depth, how many characters are you looking to start the RP off with? Decided on a Follower of Nyrus.

Last edited:
Interested... though, I do have to decide....
Maybe try to get away with some minor custom creations? (hopefully not coming off as arrogant..?)

You know I'm here, Avartes.

For once, I've been consistent in my responses. It's been a miracle.
My greatest thanks for your presence!
Color me intrigued! I'd be interested in being one of the squires in the Silver Knights, particularly the Token Evil Teammate of the group.
Excellent! That should be quite interesting.
HexWitch HexWitch Since you stated you want to start the RP soon and the lore is in depth, how many characters are you looking to start the RP off with? Decided on a Follower of Nyrus.
I think five or six characters would be best to start it off with, but I certainly wouldn't object to an excess, and I could make do with fewer.
I am interested- busy atm but going to consider my character in the back of my mind and let it percolate.
Fair enough!
Interested... though, I do have to decide....
Maybe try to get away with some minor custom creations? (hopefully not coming off as arrogant..?)
Feel free to have a moderate amount of customization, especially if your character is from the Aeron Deserts or a Vynian Tribe.

HexWitch HexWitch I realized that some of the Silver Knights listed in the Lore page only have a given name(?), most of the surname-less Knights being squires in particular. Is it necessary that I apply that singular naming convention to my own squire as well?

HexWitch HexWitch I realized that some of the Silver Knights listed in the Lore page only have a given name(?), most of the surname-less Knights being squires in particular. Is it necessary that I apply that singular naming convention to my own squire as well?
Your character can have a surname, if you wish, even as a squire. Most people with surnames within Foren are either of noble blood, or have performed great deeds. I should update the lore page to mention that.

Your character can have a surname, if you wish, even as a squire. Most people with surnames within Foren are either of noble blood, or have performed great deeds. I should update the lore page to mention that.

Thanks for the clarification! Off to editing my character then.

This is quite intriguing! However, I may need a little help coming to terms with some bits of the lore, particularly the elven nation.

While I can reasonably grasp the idea that Hethria's patron god is the god of deceit and cunning, I find that Isia being the goddess of love, warmth and harmony is counter-intuitive to the land of Lethria, a place which is pretty much the survival of the fittest. Surely such an unforgiving environment is anything but harmonious and loving, for such concepts (love and warmth and harmony) usually involve beings of higher power empathizing with those who are weak?

"The most important thing to remember about Lethrian culture is that everything has to be earned. They advocate freedom, peace, kindness, but also that you must work hard and cunningly to obtain such things. For those who won't, don't deserve it."

Similarly, earning whatever personal gain by 'working hard and cunningly' depicts an environment that is pretty much free for all? Hardly something that invokes peace and kindness. Unless by peace you mean subjugation. But then that leaves out kindness.

Care to share your thought process ^3^?

This is quite intriguing! However, I may need a little help coming to terms with some bits of the lore, particularly the elven nation.

While I can reasonably grasp the idea that Hethria's patron god is the god of deceit and cunning, I find that Isia being the goddess of love, warmth and harmony is counter-intuitive to the land of Lethria, a place which is pretty much the survival of the fittest. Surely such an unforgiving environment is anything but harmonious and loving, for such concepts (love and warmth and harmony) usually involve beings of higher power empathizing with those who are weak?

"The most important thing to remember about Lethrian culture is that everything has to be earned. They advocate freedom, peace, kindness, but also that you must work hard and cunningly to obtain such things. For those who won't, don't deserve it."

Similarly, earning whatever personal gain by 'working hard and cunningly' depicts an environment that is pretty much free for all? Hardly something that invokes peace and kindness. Unless by peace you mean subjugation. But then that leaves out kindness.

Care to share your thought process ^3^?
This is certainly a very good question; I should have thought out and detailed that bit of the lore much more. Though, I do have some answers to that. I imagined that in a culture that's extraordinarily cutthroat and ambitious, many of those that would concerned with the Gods would seek one that presents comfort and the things they lack in life. A lot of the religion would be to deliver hope to the people not strong enough to obtain what they require, and so they would hold belief in something that would give all the people what they need. Though, considering it, that does lack some logic, and thus I should take that further into consideration and tweak some things.
They advocate such things, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it actually ends up being the case. Hence Lethria is extremely divided within, with some places enforcing more peace, or freedom, and some attempting to be more generous with each other, or some simply trying to exploit everything.
I admit, I've had some trouble designing Lethria, as I want to keep it from becoming a stereotypical dark elf and/or communist nation.

The first two Roleplay topics have been created! One for the City of Iroloth, and one for the City of Valesport. They can be found by selecting 'Roleplay Topics' under the link to the main Roleplay page: A Thief's Lies -- Dark Fantasy Roleplay

I'll add more Roleplay topics over the next few days.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back