• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Resource A Submission box

Sana Natsuko

A Wandering Name
All this code below is pretty much stolen from the BBCode+ guide by Lyro and the bottom will probably be the same except I have played with the colours and a bit of script. As of right now, this is a submission box like seen in the BBCode+ Tutorial for a character sheet. What I have added is a validation to make sure the user has entered something into each field, added a few more aesthetic features and made it also look appealing on phones [div class=form] [div class=formTitle]A test for submission[/div] [div class=formInformation]The whole purpose of this is to see if I can have a bot enter the information that the user entered as its own message. This would allow everyone to stay hidden, making room for more town of salem like roleplays[/div] [div class=formLabel]Character Name: [/div][input class="formInput formName" type=text][/input] [div class=formLabel]Character Age: [/div][input class="formInput formAge" type=text maxlength=3][/input] [div class=formLabel]Character Description: [/div][input class="formInput formDescription" type=textarea][/input] [input class=formSubmit type=button]Send Anonymous Message[/input] [div class=formCode] [div class="formValue formNameValue"][/div] [div class="formValue formAgeValue"][/div] [div class="formValue formDescriptionValue"][/div] [/div] [div class=formError]Please fill in all the fields before entering[/div] [/div] [class name=form] background: #7E2400; box-sizing: border-box; border: solid 5px orange; border-radius: 3px; max-width: 1000px; margin: 10px auto; padding: 10px; width: 100%; [/class] [class name=formTitle] box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold; color: white; text-align: center; [/class] [class name=formInformation] box-sizing: border-box; margin: 10px 0; font-size: 16px; color: white; [/class] [class name=formLabel] box-sizing: border-box; font-weight: bold; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; vertical-align: top; width: 50%; [/class] [class name=formLabel maxWidth=640px] text-align: center; width: 100%; [/class] [class name=formSubmit] background: #7E2400; border: solid 2px orange; color: white; font-weight: bold; border-sizing: border-box; border-radius: 5px; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0; width: 100% [/class] [class name=formInput] background: #671D00; border: solid 1px orange; border-radius: 5px; border-sizing: border-box; display: inline-block; color: white; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; width: 47% [/class] [class name=formInput maxWidth=640px] width: 95%; [/class] [class name=formCode] background: #671D00; border: solid 1px orange; border-radius: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; color: white; font-weight: bold; display: none; margin-top: 10px; margin: 10px 0; padding: 10px; [/class] [class name=formError] background: #671D00; border: solid 1px orange; border-radius: 5px; color: white; font-weight: bold; display: none; margin-top: 10px; padding: 10px; [class name=formValue] display: inline-block; [/class] [class name=formSubmit state=hover] background: #671D00; color: #E0E0E0; cursor: pointer; [/class] [script class=formSubmit on=click] // This hides the error message and the unknown details hide formError hide formCode // This declares all the variables and sets them as what the user entered into the fields set name (getVal formName) set age (getVal formAge) set description (getVal formDescription) // I entered this as a validation to make sure the user entered something, if you find a way to have two functions happen in one scenario, you can cut the number of if statements in half by having // 'if (eq ${name} 0) (slideDown 1000 formError and stop)' or something like that if (eq ${name} 0) (slideDown 1000 formError) if (eq ${name} 0) (stop) if (eq ${age} 0) (slideDown 1000 formError) if (eq ${age} 0) (stop) if (eq ${description} 0) (slideDown 1000 formError) if (eq ${description} 0) (stop) // This sets the code that comes down as 'Name: (What the user entered)'. I did it like this rather than how Lyro did it because I kept getting the name the user entered below 'Name:' setText "Name: ${name}" formNameValue setText "Age: ${age}" formAgeValue setText "Description: ${description}" formDescriptionValue // This just slides down the users details after they have entered everything... Now it is coming up for 03:20 here and I have been doing this for 4ish hours. I am going to collapse on my bed, see // ya! slideDown 1000 formCode //Again most of this script has just been taken by Lyro [/script]
Code:
[nobr]
All this code below is pretty much stolen from the BBCode+ guide by Lyro and the bottom will probably be the same except I have played with the colours and a bit of script. As of right now, this is a submission box like seen in the BBCode+ Tutorial for a character sheet. What I have added is a validation to make sure the user has entered something into each field, added a few more aesthetic features and made it also look appealing on phones

[div class=form]
        [div class=formTitle]A test for submission[/div]
        [div class=formInformation]The whole purpose of this is to see if I can have a bot enter the information that the user entered as its own message. This would allow everyone to stay hidden, making room for more 
        town of salem like roleplays[/div]
        [div class=formLabel]Character Name: [/div][input class="formInput formName" type=text][/input]
        [div class=formLabel]Character Age: [/div][input class="formInput formAge" type=text maxlength=3][/input]
        [div class=formLabel]Character Description: [/div][input class="formInput formDescription" type=textarea][/input]
        [input class=formSubmit type=button]Send Anonymous Message[/input]
        [div class=formCode]
            [div class="formValue formNameValue"][/div]
            [div class="formValue formAgeValue"][/div]
            [div class="formValue formDescriptionValue"][/div]
        [/div]
        [div class=formError][plain]Please fill in all the fields before entering[/plain][/div]
    [/div]

[class name=form]
        background: #7E2400;
        box-sizing: border-box;
        border: solid 5px orange;
        border-radius: 3px;
        max-width: 1000px;
        margin: 10px auto;
        padding: 10px;
        width: 100%;
    [/class]

[class name=formTitle]
        font-size: 32px;
        font-weight: bold;
        color: white;
        text-align: center;
    [/class]

[class name=formInformation]
        margin: 10px 0;
        font-size: 16px;
    [/class]

[class name=formLabel]
        display: inline-block;
        vertical-align: top;
        width: 50%;
    [/class]

[class name=formLabel maxWidth=640px]
        text-align: center;
        width:  100%;
    [/class]

[class name=formSubmit]
        background: #7E2400;
        border: solid 2px orange;
        border-sizing: border-box;
        border-radius: 5px;
        padding: 10px 0;
        width: 100%
    [/class]

[class name=formInput]
        background: #671D00;
        border: solid 1px orange;
        border-sizing: border-box;
        margin-bottom: 10px;
        width: 47%
    [/class]

[class name=formInput maxWidth=640px]
        width: 95%;
    [/class]

[class name=formCode]
        display: none;
        margin-top: 10px;
        margin: 10px 0;
    [/class]

[class name=formError]
        display: none;
        margin-top: 10px;

[class name=formValue]
    [/class]

[class name=formSubmit state=hover]
        color: #E0E0E0;
        cursor: pointer;
    [/class]

[script class=formSubmit on=click]
        // This hides the error message and the unknown details
        hide formError
        hide formCode

// This declares all the variables and sets them as what the user entered into the fields
        set name (getVal formName)
        set age (getVal formAge)
        set description (getVal formDescription)

// I entered this as a validation to make sure the user entered something, if you find a way to have two functions happen in one scenario, you can cut the number of if statements in half by having
        // 'if (eq ${name} 0) (slideDown 1000 formError and stop)' or something like that
        if (eq ${name} 0) (slideDown 1000 formError)
        if (eq ${name} 0) (stop)
        if (eq ${age} 0) (slideDown 1000 formError)
        if (eq ${age} 0) (stop)
        if (eq ${description} 0) (slideDown 1000 formError)
        if (eq ${description} 0) (stop)

// This sets the code that comes down as 'Name: (What the user entered)'. I did it like this rather than how Lyro did it because I kept getting the name the user entered below 'Name:'
        setText  "Name: ${name}" formNameValue
        setText "Age: ${age}" formAgeValue
        setText "Description: ${description}" formDescriptionValue

// This just slides down the users details after they have entered everything... Now it is coming up for 03:20 here and I have been doing this for 4ish hours. I am going to collapse on my bed, see 
        // ya!
        slideDown 1000 formCode

//Again most of this script has just been taken by Lyro
    [/script]

[/nobr]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back