• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Struggle (Emmi x Rising)

EmmiMae

holding-hands.jpg

A Struggle

a slice of life Roleplay

Presented by

@EmmiMae

&

@Rising

Do not post in this thread if you are not invite!

@Rising

The Hollands married in the middle of winter in a lovely church in 2013. The ceremony was short and small but it was perfect for aurora and Henry. They only needed eachother and they'd be fine. They moved out of their small town and back to new York City where Henry became a lawyer and aurora became a stylist. Two years they spent working hard to keep their beautiful flat going. It was into their second year that they began to actively try for a baby. But it was also in that year when the stress began to break them.

Aurora rolled onto her side in the bed with a faint groan as she pulled Henry closer to her and pressed her lips to his cheek. Shed been feeling sick all week and even threw up during her lunch break the day before. It was sunday... their day to enjoy if he didn't get called in. She ran her hands through her red locks and looked at his handsome face. "You came home early last night baby, did they not need you? Or did your case close?" She asked as she rested her head on his chest

Henry rubbed his wife's cheeks as he smiled. "What's more important now is how are you feeling? Still feeling sick?" He then turned his face to look at the ceiling, taking a deep breath. "Well I was working on my case, looking for evidence though piles of paper when my boss called me to his office. He had that look on his face that says whatever it is, it's not good. He told me that I'm under investigation for bribery. Apparently the lawyer going against me acquired some evidence to prove his claim. It's all forged ofcourse, my boss didn't believe it for a second. It's just a shitty attempt to throw me off my game and distract me from the case. My boss told me to take it easy for a couple of days until he works things out with the investigators." He had an angry expression on his face. "Can you believe that."

Aurora let out a soft sigh as his warm hand brushed along her cheek. Her emerald gaze fluttering shut as she sighed. His words made her angry however. To think someone would try to soil her husband's name! "All the more reason for you to fight harder for your client, love" she whispered as she pressed herself closer to him. "Still feeling sick... maybe we should stop by the store today and get some advice or something. She sighed gently.

She wanted to tell him she wanted to try a pregnancy test but she also wanted it to be a suprise so she kept it a secret from him. She sat up and pecked his lips before crawling out of bed. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Well yeah If I am getting attacked like this then I must be doing something right. And yes will absolutely go to a store or a clinic today. You've been feeling sick for a few days and I'm getting worried. He kissed her back and when she asked him about breakfast he shouted. "Hold it right there!" He stood up and walked to her. " I don't want you to stress yourself honey, I'll be making the breakfast today. I just want you to relax." He then smiled and kissed her forehead. "Besides, you haven't tasted my crappy, horrible-tasting omelets for a while. I know you miss them!" He then started walking slowly towards the kitchen.

@EmmiMae

@Rising

Aurora stopped in her tracks when he told her to stop. She turned to him. Her lips turning into a soft smile as she leaned into the door and his lips pressed to her forehead she closed her eyes and sighed. When he moved into the kitchen she moved behind him and groaned at his words. "That's an easy way to avoid vomiting.... dying instead" she joked as she sat on the stool at the island counter they had. Her long red locks bouncing around her face. "Since the salon is closed and you are hopefully off all day perhaps we should have a date night and maybe try again tonight..." She said with a sly smirk as her foot brushed his leg as he passed her.

Henry smiled as she brushed her foot against his leg as he passed. "Well you sure aren't looking sick and tired now." He laughed as he reached the fridge and grabbed some eggs. "A romantic dinner, then maybe a little romantic walk on the beach. And then some fun times in the bed room. I'm down for that, we can really use some time off all the problems. But before all that we'll go check on your health." He started making the Omelets. "And don't forget you still have to live through the experience of eating my Omelets. But hey you did it once, you can do it again." He then sighed. "I just hope this investigation thing blow out quickly so I can get back to my job, the more time I lose on this case the less is the chance of winning it."

Aurora drew in a slow breath as she watched him cook she placed her chin on her hands and laughed softly at his words. She felt a strange flutter In her heart as she watched him. " god I love you..." She whispered after a few minutes of silence. She moved away from the stool and moved around to wrap her arms around him. " just bare with the struggle, my love it will be over soon... and know I'm always going to be here for you through it all" she whispered as her chin rested on his shouler. Once the omelets were done and they sat at the table they continued their talk of their date plans. It was a few bites in when aurora began to feel sick. She blinked a few times as she slowly chewed, he was in the middle of talking when she let out a faint grunt and shot off to the bathroom to be sick. Once her stomach settled she let her cheek rest against the toilet seat to look at him, he always followed her to keep her hair up. "Trying to kill me with your cooking?" She joked before she turned and got sick again

As she came around and hugged him he smiled. "I have no idea what I would do without you by my side honey." After eating a few bites she suddenly stood up and rushed to the bathroom. He followed her immediately and held her hair. He then took a deep breath as she asked him if he's trying to kill her with his cooking. "Well it's not working, I don't know what I'm doing wrong." He smiled as he helped her stand up then he let go of her hair. "We can't wait any longer honey, you haven't eaten well in a few days and you're feeling sick the whole time." He had a worried expression filling his face. "Go change your clothes, we're going to a clinic right now." He then helped her reach the bedroom and then entered the bathroom to wash his face. What was wrong with his wife? He hoped it wasn't anything serious. It's all his fault, he shouldn't have waited until now and should've taken her to a doctor as soon as he saw her tired. But he was too bust worrying about his damn job. He punched the wall with his hand trying to let off some steam then splashed some water on his face.

Aurora let out a faint sigh as he ran his fingers through her hair and she leaned back into him as he told her to go get dressed she nodded her head and got changed into a purple sundress. They took their car to the clinic. She was happy she didn't throw up in the car. They waited in the clinic for about thirty minutes however and she'd thrown up twice. When they returned from the bathroom they called her name. Taking Henry's hand they got her exam and blood drawn. When illness was ruled out the doctor began to ask when she'd last had her period.

They preformed a pregnancy test and when the strip came out positive tears formed in her eyes. She was so happy.

When the doctor ruled out any illness and started asking her about her period Henry felt his heart beating so fast that it almost burst out of his chest. Could it be... could it really be true? Henry held her hand as they awaited the test result. When the pregnancy test finally came back positive Henry jumped for joy while laughing and hugged Aurora tightly. "It finally happened baby, we're gonna have a child. I love you so much!" He said as he kissed her. Then he went and thanked the doctor and gave hem a hug too. The doctor gave them some medications that could help her sickness and gave them some advice.

Aurora was taken by complete surprise, While she had the feeling she was pregnant she never thought she could actually be. When Henry began jumping and laughing she felt the tears roll down her cheeks as she jumped off the exam bed and wrapped her arms around him. "I love you so much, Henry... We'll be the best parents ever!" She said as she kissed his lips. Once the doctor sent them on their way. She couldn't stop crying from joy and once they got back into the car she leaned over to kiss his lips again. "This is amazing... Lets go have fun" She said as she put on her seatbelt, grabbing his hand she placed it on her stomach and grinned. "A baby... God... I cant believe it"

As he sat in the car with his hand on her stomach the joy he felt inside of him was indescribable. All of life's worries and problems seemed light years away. "I can't believe it either. And you're going to make a great mom. But I don't know about me being a great father." He said while laughing. He had always dreamed oh one day becoming a dad and finally it was coming true. Life was just about to get much more interesting and exciting. "So what do you think? A boy or a girl?" He asked with a smile. He himself had no preference. "And you're right, lets go and celebrate! What would you like to do?" he then leaned and kissed her again.

Aurora let out a soft laugh as she kept his palm pressed to her slender stomach and looked outside as he drove. "Hmm.. I'd like to get some real food first... I feel abit better now... Then maybe a movie?" She asked gently as she took his hand and kissed it "Honestly i dont care if its a boy or a girl as long as its healthy... But if I had to pick.. I want a Boy.. " She said with a nod and chuckled "I heard girls are a pain in the ass to raise" She chuckled.

"We'll go to the best restaurant in town. They serve pretty much everything there so you can have whatever your heart desires. Even though they probably can't match my amazing omelets." He said while laughing. "Then we'll go watch a movie." As he listened about her opinion about the child's gender he chuckled with her. "I honestly don't mind. Either a boy or a girl would be a blessing. But if it's a girl I imagine raising her will involve punching some faces and knocking down some teeth of boys who try to hit on my baby." He said while smiling. He still couldn't believe that this is happening. He was going to be a dad! After 15 minutes they arrived at the restaurant. He parked the car and got off, quickly running to the passenger seat and opening the door for her. "We're here my queen." He said with a bow.

Aurora let oi UT a soft laugh as he spoke and nodded her head. "Certainly not nearly as good as your omelets love." She laughed as she tucked a strand of red hair behind her ears she turned her head to him and smiled gently. "Sounds like a plan" she answered to his plans for the day she allowed him to open her door and giggled even more as she took his hand "hmm if you act like this I might be pregnant more often" she laughed as she kissed his lips as they moved inside and ordered their breakfast

As they sat awaiting food he couldn't help but looking at his wife and smile. It's like his love for her have somehow tripled. "So I guess we suddenly have a million things to plan for huh?" He asked as the breakfast arrived. "Well lets dig in I'm starving. My excitement burned all the food in my belly." He said with a laugh. "And you Mrs Holland will need to start eating a lot of healthy food." He took a bite from the sandwich and a sip from his coffee then shook his head while smiling. "Look at me living the role of a future dad already."

Aurora rolled her eyes as she plopped a chunk of chocolate chip pancakes into her mouth as watched him glow with such happiness. "We got to plan for the shower too... when should I tell my mom and dad? Should we have a gender reveal party too?" She asked with a chuckle as she leaned in and stole a strip of bacon from his plate as he talked about eating healthy. "We got to think of names too... so much for getting a kitten for my birthday huh? You think it's true that they steal a babies breath?"

"Well we can always not tell them." He said while laughing. Then added. "You can call them right now, or we can go for a visit." He raised his eyebrow as she stole a strip of bacon from his plate. "You forget that I'm a lawyer, one my duties is to lock pretty thieves behind bars." Then he took a bite from a slice of bacon. " Sounds like a lot of parties but I'm down for that. And maybe we should wait till we know the gender to start looking for names, but hey if you have some names in mind, please do blow me away. And yes you can kiss the kitten goodbye, well until our child is two year old or something. It'll probably be fine by then." Then he took a sip of water. "So what type of movie would you like to watch to celebrate the occasion, I'm thinking horror. I hear jump scares are great for a pregnant woman." His phone suddenly started ringing. He picked it up and looked at the screen. "It's my boss." With a sigh he answered. 'Hello. No it's fine, what's up?... Are you kidding me? Well that's bulls... Yeah I know, No I do understand Don, thank you for informing me." He then hung up with an irritated look on his face. "Apparently things are a bit worse than we initially thought about my investigation." But then his smile returned to his face. "But screw it, nothing is gonna ruin my happiness today."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back