• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Story Meant to Last

Elffri3nd

BLACKJACK!
Roleplay Type(s)
Have you ever been so sick that you couldn't do anything for yourself? Have you ever just wanted to end it all? This is the story of someone who did.

"Good night dear." Kyle Morris heard his mother whisper before his bedroom door softly closed. He waited until her footsteps faded down the hall before slowly sitting back up in his bed and reached over towards the lamp on the side table. A soft golden glow lit up the space around him as he arranged his white pillows so he could sit up comfortably in his bed. He ran a hand through his messy light brown hair and turned his hazel eyes towards the window to his left.

Today was his 19th birthday so his father took the day off so they could all celebrate together. But he didn't see the reason why they should celebrate. Reaching yet another birthday just meant that he spent yet another year confined to his fluffy prison. For as long as he could remember he was confined to a wheelchair and bed cause he had weak lungs and something as simple as walking exhausted him greatly.

Day after day he would look out the window at the park across the street and watch other people his age run around, practice sports, walk dogs, and even ride their bikes. Something like that was seen as such a simple thing to other people but to him it was something he could never have. He would probably kill himself just by trying to cross the street on his own two feet instead of using the wheelchair that was always parked right next to his bed in his reach.

"Think I'll reach twenty, Ginger?" Kyle muttered as he stroked the fur on his precious stuffed fox that was given to him on his 8th birthday. He shifted the bed sheets as he settled in to watch the bright stars for the next hour or two before going to sleep himself.

The sun had gone down and William could feel his stomach growling at him. He hadn't quenched his thirst for some time now and he could the effects. He didn't want to feed on people but he didn't like the feeling he had when he was hungry. When ever he found an unsuspecting victim he would drink from them but he would never turn them, and as a result he never got enough to quench his thirst and would wait for as long possible before he would drink again. The sun was starting to effect William again, when ever it touched his skin it burned and the smell of blood was so taunting.

He was standing in a park, which still had some people in it. They were all delinquents and he knew but he wouldn't drink from their veins. "It is to public." he would try to reason. He looked up to one of the neighboring houses, seeing a boy looking out of the window. He could drink from him but he couldn't bring himself to. However, his body was a different story. Soon he found his legs had a mind of their own and they had started to move towards the window.

He stopped just before it looking up to see if the boys was still awake. Maybe he could knock on the window and see if the boy was awake and then he could talk to him. He picked up a small pebble and tossed it at the window. Once he did, he press his body up against the wall so that the boy wouldn't see him. William instantly regretted throwing the pebble.

Kyle's grip on Ginger tightened when he heard something hit the window. He curiously shifted closer to the window and peered out of it to see what hit the glass. He couldn't see anything out there and it was a bit hard to see since it was getting even darker. He gently placed Ginger on the mattress and crawled out from under the sheets.He reached for the lock on the window and flipped it open.

He struggled to open the window without exhausting himself and had it open in just a few minutes. The soft cool breeze of the night brushed by him ruffling his hair. He placed his hands on the edge to support himself and poked his head out to look at the ground. He didn't know why but a lot of birds always ended up crashing into his bedroom window which was a bit odd. He blinked, puzzled, when he didn't see the form of a fallen bird.

"Perhaps it flew away?" Kyle shrugged before leaning back into his room, hands reaching to close his window.

William watched as the window above him opened, he had managed to get the boys attention although he didn't want it anymore. He was lucky enough that the boy did see him. William had been leaning up against the wall of the building he gradually slide down the side until he was sitting on the ground. He viewing the park again and the crowd was slowly dying down. People had started to go home. Even the delinquents where leaving the park.

He sat viewing the park for several hours until he saw the sun begin to climb over the horizon. Crap I won' t make it home, not in my current condition. He could fell the rays of the sun burning his skin. William looked up to the boy's window. Hopefully the boy wouldn't be frighten or make a commotion. He quickly jumped up and grabbed the window ledge. He silently opened the window to the boys room. He couldn't tell if the boy was sleeping or away but William quickly closed the window behind him and close the currents, instantly feel relieved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle left the window slightly open so the cool night breeze would flow into his room. He held a hand over his mouth as a loud yawn escaped him. He tiredly rubbed his eyes and crawled back under his bed sheets. He plucked Ginger from her spot and held the soft toy to his chest as he sank into his pillows. In just a few seconds he fell asleep dreaming of the impossible.

Kyle wearily opened his eyes when he heard footsteps in his room. He could feel the breeze disappear signalling that someone closed his window. It was probably his mother who absolutely hated it when he left his window open saying that he could catch a cold.He yawned widely as he slowly sat up in his bed, his hair sticking everywhere. "Mom?" He tiredly rubbed his eyes as he looked towards his window.

That was not his mother. His sleepiness instantly disappeared as he stared at the stranger standing in his room. His gaze darted nervously around the room and was slightly relieved to see that there was only one person in his room. His first instinct was to scream for help but he swallowed it back, he didn't know what this stranger was capable of.

It didn't take long for the boy to wake up, and he had a terrified expression on his face. It was easy enough to explain him self, since his skin was burned. All he had to do was tell this boy that he had an allergy to the sun and that he was able to make home. Then when he looked to the boys window he saw that it was slightly open so he let himself in. He waited for a minute while he looked at the child. As William was preparing himself to speak he could feel his nerves start up. His heart was pounding, and his blood felt like ice. His eyes darting across the room.

He had never found himself in a situation like this before so now he was panicking at what to do. He knew the boy would probably be understanding if he told him. "Hey, don't be afraid. I don't mean any harm. I just came in here to get out of the sun. I have an extreme allergy to the sun." He lifted his arm which had been burned, and it had shriveled up some. "See. this happen just a minute ago when the sun started to come up. Usually I am home by this time but I got distracted." He could see the wheel chair next to the boys bed so he knew the boy had some sort of illness,

Kyle nervously fiddled with Ginger as the stranger started talking. His eyes widened when he saw the small burn on the other's arm. He never heard of someone being allergic to the sun but that small burn said it was true. He could only imagine how bad it would be if the stranger didn't get out of the sun in time. He glanced towards his bedroom door before looking back at the stranger.

"Y-You can stay then t-till it's safe for you t-to go back outside." Kyle finally said. "But you'll have to hide from m-my mother, she, uh, are a b-bit overprotective." He could only imagine his mother's reaction to finding someone in her sick son's room. That scenario involved a lot of screeching and objects being thrown everywhere. His father would have already left for work by now since he had to go in early cause he took yesterday off.

The only place that William saw to hide was under the boys bed so he mad sure that he was close to the bed incase he had to make a quick disappearance under. "So can I ask what is wrong with you that you need a wheelchair?" He couldn't imagine how strange and terrifying this had to be for the poor boy. Some random stranger appearing in his room. He didn't even know on the door. He could have asked for permission into to enter their house but he hadn't thought about it, and if this boy had an overbearing mother he couldn't imagine what she would say if she saw that he was out during the day with such an allergy. Would it even be wise for him to introduce himself to the boys mother?

"Hey, my name is William. I suppose I should have introduced myself before I started to pry into your life." He stretched his hand out to the boy, waiting for the boy to take his hand and shake it since it was a customer thing for people to do when they first met. "Don't worry, I will be hidden before you mom enters." His eyes looked down so that if the boy was looking he would see that Wiliam was planning to hide under the bed.

(Hey you should make a cs for his mom since it seems she is going to be a common character)

(Mkay, I'll work on one~)

Kyle glanced towards his wheelchair when the stranger pointed it out. He's never had to explain his illness to someone before since he was homeschooled for his whole life and he rarely went outside and when he did people usually gave the poor boy in a wheelchair a wide berth. He looked back towards the stranger when he introduced himself as William. He reached out and shook the other man's hand and was surprised by William's firm grip. Both of his parents always touched him like they were afraid he was going to break into a thousand tiny pieces so it was nice for someone to not be delicate with him.

"Nice to meet you William. My name is Kyle." Kyle then glanced over to his wheelchair. "And the reason why I need a wheelchair is because I have weak lungs," he placed a hand on his chest. "Because of my weak lungs I get exhausted very quickly so I've had this wheelchair for as long as I can remember."

William did expect that Kyle had weak lungs and was in such a terrible condition. If only there was something he could do that would help both of them, but there no such thing. Then he remembered he was a vampire and if he was willing to bite Kyle both of them would be better off, more or less. However, he really wasn't willing to do something like that since he didn't want to pass his curse to someone else. "Well it is also a pleasure to meet you Kyle and I can't thank you enough for allowing me to stay with you today. And I am sorry to hear about your condition. I didn't that such a thing was possible, you must not be able to get out much." Another thought was going through his mind. William could give Kyle some of his own blood, not to much because he didn't want to turn the boy into a vampire, and the boy might be able to walk on his own. Of course he didn't really want to take that chance either since it could work against both of them.

Kyle gave William a bittersweet smile at the other's words. "I didn't think an allergy that made you allergic to the sun wasn't possible too." He gently rubbed the fur between Ginger's ears as he glanced towards his window's curtains. This was about the time people will start arriving at the park to do physical activities or just hang out with friends and families. He probably could've lived with his condition if he didn't have such a clear view of the park.

He honestly didn't know what his parents were thinking when they gave him this room. Speaking of parents he could hear footsteps in the hallway. He glanced towards the door as the footsteps passed by his door and he knew it was his mother who was heading to the kitchen to make breakfast. "I guess you better hide soon," Kyle shifted in his bed. "My mom will be here in about ten or twenty minutes."

(Hey sorry that I haven't replied, I will tomorrow. I got home and fell asleep for two hours)

"It doesn't sound like she is on her way up here yet but I guess I will go ahead and hide." He walked closer to the bed and looked under it. It appeared to be spotless. "Hey you might want to droop your blanked down so that you mom can't see under the bed, just incase she would look under it." Without waiting for a response William dropped to his knees and crawled under the bed. There wasn't much room to move around but it was easy enough for him to get towards the back.

Kyle moved a bit closer to the edge of the bed and rearranged his sheets so they hid William completely from sight. He sank back into his pillows and moved Ginger so she was on his left side as he got comfortable in the bed to wait for his mom. After nearly ten minutes of waiting he heard footsteps in the hallway and his doorknob moved. In stepped a woman in her late 40s with curly light brown hair and dark brown eyes that complimented her slight tan and beauty mark.

"Good morning dear." His mother smiled as she closed the door behind her with her foot and made her way towards his bed. "Morning," he greeted her as she placed the small table stand in his lap and a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon along with orange juice. "Eat up." He felt her run her fingers through his hair in a attempt to tame his wild curls as he dug into his breakfast, not wanting William to stay hidden under his bed for long since his mother always stayed with him while he ate.

Fifteen minutes later his mother was gathering the small table stand in her hands and pecked him on the forehead. "I'll be back in an hour dear," she smiled and nodded her head towards the thin book on his nightstand. "Why don't you finish that book?" He nodded and grabbed the thin novel from his nightstand and opened it to the page he last remembered reading. He pretended to be intently reading the book and watched his mother exit his room out of the corner of his eyes.

"You can come out now," Kyle held the book in one hand and shifted his sheets with the other. He moved to close the book so he could place it on the nightstand when a sharp sting stopped him. "Ow," He mumbled as he stared at the papercut he got from the page. A red drop of blood dripped down his index finger from the small cut so he plopped the finger in his mouth to try and stop the bleeding, placing the book on the nightstand using his free hand.

William watched as two feet made their way across the room and on to the bed. The food smelled delicious but it wasn't something that he would be eating. Once the women sat on the bed he could fell the matters sink down even more so that  he had a little less tome underneath. He had to make sure that he was quiet and he didn't make a sound. It felt like the boy was taking for ever to eat as he laid there waiting for his mother to leave the room.

Finally he heard the women walking out of the room ad then the door shut. After a few seconds the boy gave William the good ahead to get out from under his bed. Then suddenly out of no where was the smell of blood. It had a rich and sweet smell to it that he had never smelled before. He was licking his lips, and was being slow about getting out from under the bed. He didn't want the lure of the blood to temp to him. However, as soon as he was out from the under the bed he saw Kyle sucking his finger and the smell of blood was even stronger.

William bit his lip as he looked at the scene inform of him. A small drop of blood began to run down his face and he sat on the bed next to Kyle. He was very temped to take the boy's finger out of his mouth and enjoy some of the blood the boy had to offer. He was staring at the boys hand and then he quickly removed his gaze looking the boy in the eyes. "What would you give to be able to walk again?" William knew that the question would most likely upset the boy but he had a proposition to make. He would exchange blood with the boy. He would be able to feed some and he would give the boy a few drops of his blood to allow him to walk. Of course it would be sort term for both of them.

Kyle tilted his head at William who was slowly sitting down on the bed next to him. He couldn't help but feel like the man was acting differently then before. He saw William's gaze rest on his finger which he was sucking on and blinked in confusion. He gazed right back at the man when he was asked what he would give to be able to walk again. He popped his finger out of his mouth and let it fall into his lap as he looked towards his wheelchair.

His gaze drifted to the curtains that covered his closed window and his hands curled into fists. "I...would do anything to be like anyone else," he softly murmured. "But that's never going to happen. I'll die with this bedroom as my whole world." A sad fate that he had to carry since the day he was born. When he was younger he used to beg his mom and dad to take him outside to the park across the street so he could watch everyone do something he could never do. He stopped doing that two years ago since it was too painful to know that he would forever be confined to his wheelchair and never be able to walk or run like everyone else.

William picked up Kyle's finger and brought it to his mouth before starting to slowly suck on it and taste the boy's blood. His eyes were staring into to Kyle's with a seriousness that was undeniable. He then took the boy's finger out of his mouth. "Kyle the disease that I have that cause me to be allergic to the sun is vampirism. I am a vampire and if I was to share a small amount of my blood with you, you would be able to walk. However, I won't share my blood with you if you don't first allow me to feed. I am starving." William's eyes were glowing red from the small amount of blood that he had already feed on. It wasn't enough to sustain him but it did make him feel better than was before. His healing had even recovered and the burn on his arm had healed. William lifted his arm and showed it to Kyle. "See my arm, if I was a normal human than it would still be burnt but due to the disease I have it heal due to your blood."

Kyle glanced back at William in confusion when he felt the other man pick up his hand. The confusion only grew when he felt the man start ti suck on his wounded finger. His eyes widened slightly at the serious look in William's gaze and shifted nervously. He listened to William and was shocked to hear that the other man was a vampire, a creature that dwells in the night. He always thought they were just myths but he couldn't deny it anymore with William sitting right next to him. He flinched in surprise when William's eyes were glowing a bright red color which just meant that he was really a vampire.

His gaze drifted down to the man's arm and saw that the burn was really gone. He looked down in his lap and thought about William's offer. If he gave the vampire some of his blood William would return the favor and he would be able to walk again? That sounded too good to be true, yet there was a creature from legends right in his bedroom. If he accepted the offer he would be able to walk again and live a normal life. He wouldn't be cooped up in his room anymore and he would finally be able to leave his bed without that wheelchair.

Kyle took a deep breath and gazed right back into those glowing red eyes. "I accept."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back