• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A Star Wars Universe

Grammatic

Knight of Nevermore
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello hello! I have always loved the star wars setting, both legends and canon, and seeing so many new stories develop in books, shows and movies always makes me excited to jump in to the universe all of again. I have played through Star Wars roleplays on several different sites over the years, and while many of them are outstanding, there is often so much going on, and such a huge variety of writing levels that I find it really hard to dive in and enjoy the setting. So, longish story short, I want to explore a star wars story on this site here, and find that one special person to help craft a wide ranging and ever developing story, characters, and experience.

I am looking for someone willing to commit to a long term story arc, as I am wanting to be able to adequately explore several in universe topics and story lines, as well as truly allow for free and organic character growth for those that get written. I can promise regular postings of at least once every two days, usually more during my work week, and a commitment to a minimum of three paragraphs of writing. I would ask for a similar length in writing, but can work with someone over scheduling much more than length. OOC discussion in discord would be appreciated, though not required, as long as we can maintain some contact to keep the story straight, and pass ideas back and forth over what we both want to see develop. While I originally set out to have this be a 1x1 story, if it garners enough interest, it may grow to become a larger story, but that is not the initial idea.

With all that said, how about a little lore set up to hopefully get some more interest? The setting will take place after the end of the newest movie trilogy, and while some story elements will coincide with the Disney canon being established, much of the story will focus on a new story direction and lore we craft together. Original characters will be the main focus, though we can work with, but not specifically write, canon characters. The characters we create will be Jedi in this setting, so if that kind of story does not interest you, I am sorry.

The First Order has fallen. In the months following the defeat of Palpatine and all those who supported him at Exegol, the still recovering galaxy looks to put the pieces back together. The destruction of the Hosnian system heralded the downfall of the New Republic, but in unity that was formed to defeat the Sith Eternal fleet, a future had been found. Delegates from the worlds that took part in the battle came together over the forest moon of Endor, and in the site of the Alliance to Restore the Republic's victory against Palpatine was fought, the galaxy established a new government to herald in that tyrannical figures defeat once again. From the ashes of the New Republic, the Galactic Coalition of Allied Planets, or simply the Galactic Alliance, was formed.

On the world of Ossus, Rey, one of the many heroes of the Battle of Exegol, found an ancient temple of the Jedi Order dating back countless centuries. Here, she began to delve further into the Force on her own, and with the aid of those who had joined the living Force, she found a new beginning. With the aid and funding of the Galactic Alliance, Rey established the New Jedi Order on the world of Ossus, and began training a new generation of Jedi to serve as the defenders of the innocent, and protectors of the Galactic Alliance. Force sensitives from across Alliance space were found and offered a chance to join the New Jedi Order, and the first new generation of students have begun to travel out into the galaxy.

While the Galactic Alliance continues to spread the light of freedom and justice to more worlds, darkness continues to linger at the edges of civilized space. Pirates have become and ever growing plague in the Outer Rim territories of the galaxy, and the fledgling Galactic Alliance Navy is struggling to keep them in check with the aid of the New Jedi Order. In the galactic south, Imperial Remnants that never joined the First Order have begun to gather around the world of Eriadu, the homeworld of the infamous Grand Moff Tarkin. They have entrenched themselves in the Eriadu system, and have slowly began to encroach into neighboring systems. The Galactic Alliance has tense relations with this growing power, but for the moment conflict has been avoided. There is no guarantee such affairs can last forever, and both sides have begun preparations for when the unofficial Cold War ignites into something far more destructive.

Hidden among the turmoil of the ever changing galaxy, rumors have begun to spread of disappearances in the galactic north. Reports of cloaked figures in the night, and children vanishing without a trace. Both the Galactic Alliance and New Jedi Order have so far failed to catch the culprits behind this, and fear continues to mount at what, or who, could be behind these events, and what it might be for.

The galaxy stands on the brink of a new age, one that can be ushered in by the Galactic Alliance and the New Jedi Order; an age of prosperity, freedom and equal justice for all. Or, perhaps the growing Imperial power shall emerge as the dominant power, and bring the galaxy back to the time of the Empire. Will lawlessness continue to plague the Outer Rim, and begin a new golden age of piracy? The galaxy is on the precipice for great change, and the actions of a select few might lead to developments that affect the galaxy for generations to come.

I'd be interested in something like this, I've dabbled with the idea of doing something in this kinda post ros time period previously.

Oh like dozens lmao, not all of them are important though, or at least, can be tackled in the fullness of time since many of of them are just weird little lore or worldbuilding things.

I guess I would start though with asking about the overall scope of the story? Do you have a pretty specific story hook you wanna use? Or have you mostly been thinking about the setting so far?

And then another big picture question is kinda... what do you want to do differently versus what do you wanna preserve in terms of canon and also like, themes and story beats and stuff? Looking towards the post ROS period it kinda strikes me as a pretty blank slate so we can either choose to be pretty faithful or really flex our creative muscles. Even in terms of being faithful there's the question of what canons to draw from. Sequels? Prequels? Midquels? EU stuff? Old Republic stuff? When you look at star wars, what is baby and what is bathwater I guess is what I'm asking.

So far I have mostly been considering the setting, but a few things I would love to be able to touch on is how the individuals in the galaxy are handling the collapse of a government and the foundation of this new one, and the doubts that might cause. How the New Jedi Order see themselves in galactic affairs and politics, and the more grey areas of where the Empire might not always be in the wrong. To touch on another of your questions here, one of my favorite aspects in legends was how, overtime, the Imperial Remnant, and later reformed Empire/Fel Empire was, while certainly still autocratic, they were not entirely evil. It was a different form of government that worked for certain worlds, and did see prosperity.

As a whole, I would like to dive more into the realm of flexing our creative muscles. I do want to draw from prequels and midquels(never thought of them that way but I guess technically true...) while touching on some of the aspects of the sequel trilogy. I do want it to be a blank slate in terms of what we can develop and where we can go, so EU will mostly not be something covered if you are ok with that.

I intend for the story to be long, not just for the sake of it, but because there may very well be several story arcs that weave around the galaxy as our characters travel, develop, and experience new events as they affect the major galactic landscape.

While I do want our characters to be Jedi, I also intend to have a cast of 'normal' characters that will add flavor and offer different views on things.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Last edited:
That all sounds pretty promising to me! One of my huge problems with the sequels was the lack of care taken to map out the transition from new republic to first order dominance, so I'm very much for digging into the reconstruction process and the politics of re establishing governance. There can be committees! THere can be hearings about the selection process for the committees! I'm into it.

And I like the idea of jedi MCs and a wider cast of normies. I love playing a good ole space wizard and kinda balancing that out against more grounded perspectives.

Exactly! It always bugged me that, in the movies at least, one planet was destroyed and suddenly an entire galactic government is just gone. No reports of resistance, no government in exile, just poof, First Order wins. So I do want to dig in to the nitty gritty of some things in that sphere. The great political sphere between the individual planets and a bigger government, and how the every day citizen of the galaxy sees their place in it all.

I also want to dive into the idea of the NJO trying to find themselves, in a way. The Jedi have been gone for decades, and this new generation just has stories and text on what it means to be Jedi. They do not touch on Jedi survivors in EU as much as they did in legends, so I am going to take that as Order 66 in EU was far more effective than it was in legends, though that is not saying all too much. So the NJO will not have as much experience to lean back on, and they will be forced to create a new legacy for the Jedi.

If you prefer we can move further discussions into discord if you like?

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

yeah that sounds great.

You can find me on Discord as Atlannia

I don't think you need the little serial number thingy anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back