• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones) - Additional IC

Voggoro Moatte

Black Priest of Qohor​

Are these people fucking dull in the head, was the thought that went through Voggoro's mind as he was unceremoniously lifted from his feet by the big man whom he had spit on earlier, the man's arms wrapping themselves around his wrinkled neck like the large snakes that roamed the river Qhyne back in his home, though this man was much less graceful in movement. In moving him to this position, the man had unwittingly saved Voggo from the effects of his comrades knife, and the priest was already breathing much easier. Despite his conditions a smile remained persistent upon his lips. "Exuthe me thir, but your wethteroshi cothtomth are unknown to me. Back home in the illuthtriouth city of Qohor hello is an atheptable greeting, or even a mere thake of the hand, I am unthure whether a headlock quite thendth the methage of friendthip that I am thure that you intended it to"

He remained silent as Dallen spoke, listening with much interest to what he had to say, his smile widening as the large man, Dominic, judging from the conversation allowed him to stand once more, the priest gasping for air "Greed, envy, bribery, torture, threat of mutilation, blackmail, the murder of family or friendth, general loathing, ambition: there are many reathonth why thomeone would with to divulge the information that I am about to give you, and honethtly I don not think that my thuperiorth would be particularly happy if thith information wath thpread any further than the Princeth herthelf. I am afraid that I am uncomfortable, nay unwilling to thare thith thecret with anyone, but young Daenna here" he made a move to point her out, though stopped himself as he saw the weapons once again moving to his throat.

"If thith meanth however that you will be unwilling to speak to me, then I am afraid that ith unavoidable, meaning that we thall both leave thith boat none the wither than we arrived" he paused for a second "Thath not particularly true though ith it? I now know that you thail for the ithle of Ibben ath the crew here happily divulged, I know that you are protected primarily by the thellthword company the Red Thpearth whoth numberth I already know and whoth thkill, or rather lack thereof I have then dithplayed thith evening, I altho know who leadth them, a Melcolm of Lyth and the Prince of Dorne himthelf, Cayden Martell, meaning that you currently have Dornith thupport. I know a great deal more now than I did before I arrived on thith thip, and prehapth if we do not talk alone the I thall be tho devethtated, that I find mythelf in the company of thome people who will pay a great deal for thuch information" he made a look of mock sadness, to emphasise his words.

"You could alwayth kill me of courthe, but then you do not know who it ith that I work for and that would put you at rithk of angering thomeone of great power, thomething I am thure you do not want to do. Oh and you would mith out on the propothal that I was thent to deliver which could aid greatly in your future. I am completely at your mercy, my Princeth so what shall it be? Will you meet with me alone for but a moment, unarmed and unarmoured, or will you perthitht in thith foolithneth and let one of the motht valuble allieth in the known world thlip through your fingerth?"

@Akio

@Crimson smile

The Stepstones

Quentyn Sand

"You mus' never heard me sing i-Ooof!" The pirate captain cried as a foot was planted firmly in his chest, throwing him back a few feet and struggling to keep himself standing. In his surprise, he let go of the dagger, but seeing it still stuck in the other man like he were a pig brought a cruel smile to his lips. In a momentary glance, Quentyn inspected the crew around him. They were making out alright, as far as he could tell. Some of his boys were injured, a few dead, but their numbers where overwhelming. His ship was still steering next to theirs, with more of his pirates looking for the perfect opportunity to throw a plank over and cross it. Spears and swords glistening in their hands, the pirate captain laughed! There would be no rescue for these poor bastards, even the weather was on his side! A large and imposing mist was closing in on them, if they had any sense of direction or allies, they'd be out of luck once it fully swept over the two ships. In an instant Quentyn leapt at Aerys', swinging his sword down at his other arm.

"You have some spunk." He called out mid chop, "If ya' throw yer arms down and surrender the names of the officers, I'll let you join my band!" If he were to follow the Golden Company into war, which seemed like an ideal situation, at least during the start of the conflict, he'd need spare hands. There was no telling what might happen out at sea. If the man refused him then at the very least Quentyn tried to distract his opponent before the fateful swing slashed into his arm.

@Lancelot

@Elendithas

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stepstones

POV: Aerys Waters

A painful smile sprung across Aerys face when his boot was planted firmly into the dornish pirates chest sending him back a few feet and setting him off balance, Aerys took a few steps back himself and slowly pulled the dagger out of his arm. Ya bastard! He almost screamed with all the power his lungs could command but he managed to contain himself by biting down hard on his lip better lip than tongue 'suppose he said to himself as he felt the blood in his mouth and trickling down his chin. Blood was pouring out of his wound and he had a tug of dread looking at it if I don't end this fucker fast this bloody thing will be the end of me he thought. Aerys's eyes darted around the ship, it was not hard to tell that his men were being overwhelmed but they were managing to take a few pirates with them at least how long is that bastard taking? he thought to himself. It only got worse when a large and imposing mist began to close in on the two ships, Aerys would have cursed even more but he was a bit occupied on other things as the dornish pirate leaped towards him, Aerys was used to wielding his longsword with two hand so when he raised his sword to meet the dornish pirates his arm was close to being jelly but he managed to hold out, although noticeably shaking he continued to push his sword into the pirates. He did not catch what the pirate said, he was too busy trying to not die ahh bugger it all Aerys thought to himself as the stinging pain in his wound began to distract him before he attempted to spit in the eyes of the pirate while the two men were clinched.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Stepstones

POV: Aemond Velaryon

Aemond began to quicken his pace, he had no idea of the number of pirates or how experienced they were, all that he knew is that the majority of the crew was with himself. He had no doubt that Aerys could hold the ranks until the reinforcements arrived but there was always a part of him that worried about his old friend, in preparation Aemond drew his bastard sword from its scabbard and tensed his fingers around the handle before relaxing them and swinging, he was warming before joining the fray, he wanted to get it over with quickly so he could continue on the mission he was sent on by his brother. Once they were approaching the back end of the ship he turned his head over his shoulder and shouted "Alright boys, lets get this done!" before he led the charge, it was not a charge you would ever see on the battlefield, there was little organisation or teamwork and barely any of the men wore armour, at least they had decent weapons to make up for the lack of protection, and he was confident in their skill, these men with me are fine sellsword, they should be able to handle a band of pirates.

@TheAncientCenturion

Swain Thackeray

The Stepstones

"Put everyone not needed to sail below deck, and if I 'ear a peep from any o' ye... I'll make sure ye never say a word again." The quiet words of Swain rolled through his quarters as he sat upon a temporary throne which was inevitably to be sold. Beside the throne lie the corpse of one of his men, a younger lad with little experience on the sea, his neck cut open and his skin in certain spots appearing almost scale-like in appearance. "Put the boy in the water." He said to two older men by the door, standing as he placed a thick, heavy amulet in a safe built into the side of his quarters' wall. The safe itself were custom-made such that the hardest impact would not move the singular object which it contained, the metal sculpted to form a perfect silhouette of the amulet and covered in a soft layer of silk. Why exactly such care was put into creating a container for an old amulet, though the metal of it remain completely untarnished and more closely resembling a piece of jewelry made not a week ago, only Swain and his most trusted compatriots knew. Closing the safe, he twisted the handle several times, securing a very high-quality locking system more akin to a vault than anything else. As the two drew near the dead boy, Swain rose his hand to stop them. "No skin-to-skin contact." He insisted, genuinely looking a bit worried that they were about to simply pick him up. An outbreak aboard the ship could mean everyone's death.

Stepping out of his cabin, Swain looked about as one of his lieutenants gathered all unessential crew below deck, a heavy fog seeming to form around them out of nowhere, slowly, but too quickly for it to possibly happen in nature. Something his older crew-members were quite familiar with, though the majority of them had never seen such a thing, wariness clearly showing in some of their faces. As the skeleton crew remain above deck, the rest having been put into their cramped quarters, silence fell over the ship, only the occasional creaking of the wood or flapping of the sail to actually show that they were in fact still afloat. Swain had by now made his way to the wheel, steering expertly and commanding the crew with motions and expressions which he had taught the experienced lot to do. As he did so, he motioned for Phoenix to come over, speaking quietly when he drew near. "Once we strike, if you see an old Dornishman, you leave him unharmed. He's mine, and mine alone. But if you do see him first, be a lad and tell 'im the Demon of the Stepstones wants to have a chat." He said as they drew nearer and nearer to their target. The sounds of fighting in the distance were growing louder, but the ships still weren't quite in sight yet. Over the course of five or so minutes however, that changed. The fog had overtaken both Quentyn and Aemond's ships quite a while ago when a massive lumbering hulk begun to drift by them, the only thing giving it away to more observant fighters being the telltale creak of wood on the ocean, and what gave it away to the rest being its impossibly huge size, larger than both of the other boats put together, but silent as the night. The sails of the ship were down by the time it were in sight of the others, and not a soul could be seen aboard it, partly due to the fact its top deck stood higher than a man on either of the other ships could see. For all intents and purposes, it were a ghost ship.

Then just as silently as it appeared, a dozen hooks flew over the edge of the deck and onto Aemond and Quentyn both's ships, the loud thud of heavy metal smashing against wood as they were drawn back to the edge, latching onto the ships. One hook, however fortunate or unfortunate depending on point of view, made a different thudding sound as it smacked one of the less observant pirates of Quentyn's crew across the head, knocking him unconscious at least and potentially killing him on the spot. It were at this point that a dozen or so men with bows and crossbows haphazardly spread among them peered over the edge of the ship, shooting at pretty much anything that moved. Most of Swain's pirates were pretty shitty shots, so only four of them actually struck, and only one fatally so. As they were only ordered to fire a single volley, they then jumped over the edge of the boat itself and went about grabbing the ropes which now connected the two boats, crawling their way over to the fighting to join in themselves, followed by another wave after them, then another, and another. This massive ship seemed to have a similarly massive crew inside of it. After the fourth wave of about ten men to cross, Swain himself peered over the edge to get a view of how things were going down, leaning with both hands, or, one hand, one hook, planted firmly upon the ledge, pure black eyes scanning the battle over for a familiar face.

@TheAncientCenturion @Lancelot @Leusis

Tai Fang - Stepstones

Tai approached his captain after tossing the dagger he used to kill the boy off the side of the boat. Tai knew little of the disease that afflicted the child, but he knew it was dangerous and did not feel like risking his life in any way to such a dishonorable fate as Grey Scale. "A dornishman?" Tai questioned with a slight chuckle, as if amused that his captain would be so concerned with one of those sheep fuckers. "I'll leave him alone, but as for his crew, I don't plan to share a damn one" Tai finished with a smile, walking away from his captain to get into position. Setting a bundle of nearly five dozen arrows next to the edge of the ship Tai knew he had enough ammunition to kill as many men as he desired. With his bow held firmly in his hand and his quiver of just over a dozen arrows firmly on his back he would wait in silence.

Springing up to peer over the edge of the ship Tai would look down on the two sad crews below as he nocked his first arrow, loosing it into a mans face only a moment later. Watching as the man fell to the wooden deck instantly Tai giggled with glee as he fired off another arrow. This one however passed dangerously close to Aemond, a crew member of his being struck in the neck, his blood spraying on the side of the grizzled adventurers face as he charged into Quentyn's crew. Scanning the battle that was taking place on the two ships below Tai would point towards an older, tanned dornishman who he assumed was the one Swain wanted so badly. "You took that kick almost as well as you take cock in the ass old man!" Tai screamed at Quentyn, trying to anger and distract him. Knowing Swain wanted him personally however Tai would focus his next couple of shots assuring that the man Quentyn was fighting would be forced to either find cover or be struck several times in the legs. After all, Tai took a liking to the man who gave him such an opportunity to insult the dornishman and would prefer to harm him now to make skinning him alive easier later rather than kill him quickly.

@Elendithas @Lancelot @TheAncientCenturion

Dallen once again found himself hesitating, though he was beginning to find himself irrationally annoyed with trying to understand him though he felt that was partly because of the contents of his speach less then the actual muffled nature, confused nature of his actual voice. Their position was indeed too vulnerable and while they had some strength they could not afford to make any more enemies if they ever hoped to make an attempt for the throne. He glanced at Gerrard who inclined his head at the priest menacingly letting him know he did not trust him and was more then willing to get rid of him if he asked. He glanced at Daenna then his men. "Watch him for a moment." He said while motioning for Gerrard to come over before turning his gaze to Dom and William, recognizing they all deserved a voice in this decision though naturally the decision would lie on Daenna alone.

"What do you think Gerrard?" He asked to quiet for anyone but their small gathering to hear as his men gave them some as space as he turned his gave, looking at the massive man, who had his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. "Kill him and be done with it, if Ibben truly has 40000 men then few threats in Essos can threaten us there. I don't trust his words or his motive." He said offering his a venemous glare in the priest direction. His temper was naturally a lot less controlled then Dallens and the priests words were already enough to flare his anger towards him. "Yet if he is a member of some great power can we really afford to offend them if we plan to take the iron throne? We could be handing a sword to our enemies." Dallen said turning towards Daenna, naturally the decision was hers whether she wanted to hear the man out. A thought occurred to Dallen and he glanced back to the priest. "If the princess decides to spread the information herself does that bare any concern to you?" He said, raising his voice slightly so the older man could hear him.

@Crimson smile @Fezzes @Hypnos

The Stepstones

Quentyn Sand

The pirate captain had a sinister gleam in his eyes one moment, and spit in it the next. "GAH!" The cry, not from pain but anger, resonated like a battle horn. Several men around him, his crew, looked warily at their Dornish captain. It was no secret to those in the Summer Sea that Quentyn Sand was a vicious bastard. '
Weary be to thee who calls upon the Dornishman's knife,' One not so clever whore once called. The meaning was his penis, for the voracious sexual appetite the Dornish pirate was known for. But it soon got confused for his bloodlust at sea. His pirates aboard the royal ship shivered as Quentyn tore his short blade from the side of the knights longsword.

"You've buried yourself in the salty halls of the sea god." He barely registered an insult directed at him. The sounds of battle was too much, he had eyes set for only one man. He stuck his free hand out and then his blade, charging at Aerys. His sword was sent upwards, the blade aiming to collide with his chest and continue its war path to at least his neck. His hand, however, was sent driving downwards, aiming for the crotch of his opponent.

The pirates around him soon turned back to their former tasks. Attacking the sailors on the ship. Numbly he heard the cries that their ship was being attacked, but Quentyn ignored their pitiful pleas. 'Blow the fooking horn and get the other ships here.' he growled. They'd have enough ships in the matter of minutes to sink this tosser and anyone who thought they could help him. As if on command, a horn was blown three times. The last it was cut off prematurely, the signaller likely killed in the act. 'Bloody bitchspears.'

The Stepstones

Joffery Peake

The Golden Captain heard the sounds of conflict coming from the mist, the horn of their company roaring to life for a few seconds. He groaned. "The Dornish pirate bit off more than he could chew." They were suppose to be working together, the pirates and the Golden Company to seize these ships. But it seemed Captain Quentyn had no intentions of letting the loot be split between them. 'As if I have any need of that. Riverrun is mine.' He thought with a sly smile.

"Captain," A soldier in light scale armor called. "Tis the pirate, he blew the horn. . "

Joffery nodded. "Blow ours. We're on the way." He turned back, another ship behind them held the golden flag of their mercenary company. It was practically hugging the rear of
The Blackfyre, the fog that enveloped them pushed them together in fear of being split and crashing upon the rocks.

Huaaah. Huaaahhh. Huaaaahhhhhhh.

Thrice was the horn blown, Joffery stood at the front of
The Blackfyre, looking out for any sign of the other ships in the area. At least two had to be in the region, unless Quentyn grounded himself in the fog. "Prepare the crossbowmen on the deck. The rowers can slow, tell them to bring the planks. We'll unload into them briefly before mounting their vessel." Joffery had a sour smile, hands folded behind his golden behind. "Take anything of value you can find, bugger the pirate scum."

The Golden warriors cheered, all leering into the mist and awaiting the sign of a their enemies.

The Step stones

It had gone perfectly to plan, he had enraged the Dornishman and forced him to retreat at least momentarily, that will teach 'im. The fog seemed to thicken by the second and it was unlike any fog Aerys had even known. Somewhat distracted he was caught off guard by the Dornishman, an advantage Aerys should have never allowed and could not risk. The shortsword was heading straight for his chest and he moved to quickly stop it, but suddenly he felt a fist crush his privates and his knees buckeled under him from the shock. He felt steel slice through his shoulder, not deep enough for it to be fatal but deep enough to cause even more concern.

Aerys gritted his teeth so hard he thought they would shatter This bastard needs to go! Aerys moved to slice into the Dornishman legs but it was merely to fake him out. But as an arrow landed almost suspiciously close to Aerys, and then another he rolled out of the way frantically holding his wounded arm.

The Step stones

Aemond surged forward with two men beside him, he already had a fierce smirk on his face, however before he could even reach the battlefield he felt a prescense, suddenly he stopped and halted his men by putting up his hand. There's something out there... As he looked worried over the edge of his boat he saw nothing but fog, however slowly the realisation came to him, seven hells. Only a moment later an arrow wizzed past Aemond and pierced one of his men's throats, the poor should fell towards Aemond and his blood spurted onto his face and bloodied his bandages. In shock Aemond stumbled back as he wiped the blood from his face, this was not a site new to him but, that fucker could of killed me if he wished he said to himself. "Get to some cover!? Or bloody make some!". Aemond commanded, he was unsure what to do and his mind was torn even more once he saw Aerys, he was tying some shire around a wound in his arm, there was another one in his shoulder but it was not as serious. You better not get me killed bastard Aemond grabbed the man closest to him and practically dragged him along towards Aerys as the rest of his men began to regroup and attempted to build cover from what they had available.

@TheAncientCenturion

@Leusis

@Elendithas

"We aren't in a position to make enemies. " Daenna stated keeping a wary eye on the priest. "Even if Ibben has 40,000 men we have a sea between us and them and a lot can happen. Even then it is best to make as many allies as we can. Should we achieve our goals we want as few enemies threatening us as possible. So, for now we should here the priest out and see what he wants. Let us not push a potential ally so quickly."

Voggoro Moatte

Crawford's Ship, The Docks, Pentos.​

Raising a single greying eyebrow as the princess and her advisors huddled around in discussion, Voggoro wondered what it was they had to say to each other. His demands had been simple and not at all out of the ordinary, speaking with him alone should have been common courtesy after he revealed himself as a dignitary for a foreign power, something he'd have thought that a princess would have understood, though apparently the snakes that whispered in her ear thought themselves important enough to be let in on important political situations that did not concern them. He turned his head a small degree, attempting to look as if he couldn't hear exactly what it was they said to each other, he may be old but he was far from deaf, and years in the great temples upon the banks Qhoyne, had left him able to hear threats from miles away, and these people were barely a few meters, nevertheless it would be rude of him to to but in so he turned his attention elsewhere, still catching the occasional word or phrase.

Reaching his hand down into the deep pockets of his black robes, Voggo pulled out a small glass vile, pouring it lazily in to the flask that rested on his hip before returning it to its previous position, moving the flask itself slowly to his lips as he downed the contents. His gaze shifted around the ship, looking upon the faces of its passengers and crew, most of them had heard the commotion by now and had come to see what had happened, many appearing to be confused by the situation and a few a little scared at the weapons pointed at the old priest though his only response was a good natured laugh.

One particular passenger that managed to catch Voggoro's eye was the Yi-Tish swordsman that stood on alert to the the princess' right, he was obviously not part of the Red Spears as could be told by his attire, though he did not look like a crew member either and his lack of contribution to the conversation was noted. However, these were not the things to catch Voggo's eye but rather that was what rested upon his hip, a sword of Valyrian steel. Growing up in Qohor the priest had seen a lot of fine swords in his years, though rarely did he see such fine craftsmanship, nor the telltale textures and folds of the finest steel in the known world. He eyed the man with a look of interest, saying what roughly translated to "Hello my Yi-Tish friend, what brings you so far from the fatherland" though with his knowledge of the Yi-Tish language being so rusty he easily could have just asked if the man was fucking his father.

The response was interrupted however by the voice of the sellsword captain once again attempting to force himself into private affairs, though the princess' response told Voggo that she didn't seem to be in full agreement with the man. "That would be dithonourable and a breach of trutht, I cannot thtop her from thpreading what I thall tell her but if the doeth then I will have to revoke anything that I might have offered her, otherwithe would that not defeat the purpothe of thpeaking to her alone" he took another swig from his hip flask.

@Akio @Crimson smile @WanderingJester

Hypnos said:
Voggoro Moatte
Crawford's Ship, The Docks, Pentos.

Raising a single greying eyebrow as the princess and her advisors huddled around in discussion, Voggoro wondered what it was they had to say to each other. His demands had been simple and not at all out of the ordinary, speaking with him alone should have been common courtesy after he revealed himself as a dignitary for a foreign power, something he'd have thought that a princess would have understood, though apparently the snakes that whispered in her ear thought themselves important enough to be let in on important political situations that did not concern them. He turned his head a small degree, attempting to look as if he couldn't hear exactly what it was they said to each other, he may be old but he was far from deaf, and years in the great temples upon the banks Qhoyne, had left him able to hear threats from miles away, and these people were barely a few meters, nevertheless it would be rude of him to to but in so he turned his attention elsewhere, still catching the occasional word or phrase.

Reaching his hand down into the deep pockets of his black robes, Voggo pulled out a small glass vile, pouring it lazily in to the flask that rested on his hip before returning it to its previous position, moving the flask itself slowly to his lips as he downed the contents. His gaze shifted around the ship, looking upon the faces of its passengers and crew, most of them had heard the commotion by now and had come to see what had happened, many appearing to be confused by the situation and a few a little scared at the weapons pointed at the old priest though his only response was a good natured laugh.

One particular passenger that managed to catch Voggoro's eye was the Yi-Tish swordsman that stood on alert to the the princess' right, he was obviously not part of the Red Spears as could be told by his attire, though he did not look like a crew member either and his lack of contribution to the conversation was noted. However, these were not the things to catch Voggo's eye but rather that was what rested upon his hip, a sword of Valyrian steel. Growing up in Qohor the priest had seen a lot of fine swords in his years, though rarely did he see such fine craftsmanship, nor the telltale textures and folds of the finest steel in the known world. He eyed the man with a look of interest, saying what roughly translated to "Hello my Yi-Tish friend, what brings you so far from the fatherland" though with his knowledge of the Yi-Tish language being so rusty he easily could have just asked if the man was fucking his father.

The response was interrupted however by the voice of the sellsword captain once again attempting to force himself into private affairs, though the princess' response told Voggo that she didn't seem to be in full agreement with the man. "That would be dithonourable and a breach of trutht, I cannot thtop her from thpreading what I thall tell her but if the doeth then I will have to revoke anything that I might have offered her, otherwithe would that not defeat the purpothe of thpeaking to her alone" he took another swig from his hip flask.

@Akio @Crimson smile @WanderingJester
Dallen inclined his head as the priest spoke, calling it a breach of thrust but at the same time his response was already flowing from his lips. "Obviously what you have to say is not to be common knowledge but you must understand that if the information truly has any political value it's no longer strictly personal, and those advisers meant to help with the governance of the realm must be informed such as the small council and the Queen, in addition she is to be married to the king of Ibben and hiding this information from him could in itself be seen as a breach of trust." He said, his tone reasonable and hopefully bringing some valid points of contention to the priests mind. Thus far only Ibbens 'dignitary' Vance knew about Daennas ambitions to take the throne and he intended to use that supposed loyalty to remind the goat priest and make it seem they were honor bound to inform others of this possible information and that they would not be cowled by his threats. What more Daennas secret rebellion provided an interesting position of maneuverability, allowing them to use the name of the crown when convieniant at least till what they've done had become common knowledge. His own backers knew about whatever he was offering so he could assume they needed to inform their own as well.

Daenna was right that they couldn't make enemies under normal circumstances but not only was she was still young and found herself unskilled in politics so he did not want her to get manipulated and what's more if this alliance had any degree of military importance then those who led her armies needed to know else they would only waste strength. This priest would not be the last to try to tie them down with promises and oaths but if they swore freely and wanted to keep their word they could only afford to tie their hands so much. "You have your own backers so you must understand this as well. If you can accept this then certainly a private conversation is not much to ask for under your terms." He said, looking at the priest with his graceful smile still on his face. In truth there was little choice at all of the priest wanted to live, if he had to guess there was likely a letter on his person for him to pass on and if the priest decided to walk away he would order his execution, for handing a possible enemies should he walk away information about their destination was something he was not willing to do. At least if they killed him their was a chance they would make it to Ibben before could be informed of their destination and any possible retaliation. So he waited, starring down the goat priest his smile never wavering as the priest unknowingly debated if he lived or died.

@Hypnos

@Crimson smile

Nagito Nasurumi

A Ship, The Docks, Pentos.

Nagito Nasurumi raised his eyebrows at the strangely cloaked man, though to be honest no stranger than himself.

The Yi Tish swordsman had recognized enough to know a priest from Qohor when he saw one. Still, even as the man grabbed the dragon daughter, he didn't seemed to have any malice or ill intent towards her. As the ship swayed back and forth slightly on the surf, Nagito observed the exchange between the priest, the dragon daughter and the sellsword captain. The Yi Tish had a hand on the hilt of his sword, but aside from that, did little aside from his usual watching. When the Qohor priest spoke to him, Nagito didn't know what he had meant to say. What was heard was approximately "Hello there Yi Tish, do you eat with your sword?" The Yi Tish hence regarded the priest with a bit of apprehension, and replied quietly, almost inaudible, in his language.

"I eat with my mouth, as does most people. Does your Black Goat eat differently?"

@Hypnos

@Akio

@Crimson smile

Voggoro Moatte

"You know what I find bizarre?" Voggoro replied to the sellsword, his eyes narrowed "The reathon that you won't let me thpeak to your princeth ith not becauthe I could pothe a threat to her thafty, no, that I could rethpect. But it ith inthtead becauthe you can't handle not knowing what information I am about to divulge. Your a nothey fucking twat aren't you? You'll let me talk to her alone, but only if the tellth you about it afterwardth? I don't know if you've noticed but theth a fucking Princeth mate, I think theth more than capable of making her own fucking decithion and not relying upon thome thellthword captain telling her exactly what to do. You're not part of the thmall council are you? You're not the King of Ibben? Nor to my fucking knowledge are you the queen. Now were any of thothe people in the room right now I may have changed my thtance but thince they don't appear to be I'd prefer to keep private matterth private for the time being. You act ath if I'm being unreathonable, I came onto thith thip a friend with peaceful intentionth yet ath thoon ath I tho much ath dare to touch your princeth on the thoulder I have fifty kniveth pointed to my throat. If anyone hath been unreathonable here it ith you. Now you can take my deal, or you can refuthe it jutht give me a fucking anthwer before I take that knife you're holding and those it down my own throat."

Voggoro was somewhat irritated at this point though his face retained its smile, he turned back to the Yi-Tish man for a moment just long enough to hear him say something along the lines of "I eat with my mouth, most people tend to eat goats" though he was not entirely sure about that, so he merely shook his head and said "I haven't got a clue what you're on about" as accurately as he could and turned back to the sellsword.

@WanderingJester @Crimson smile @Akio

Hypnos said:

Voggoro Moatte

"You know what I find bizarre?" Voggoro replied to the sellsword, his eyes narrowed "The reathon that you won't let me thpeak to your princeth ith not becauthe I could pothe a threat to her thafty, no, that I could rethpect. But it ith inthtead becauthe you can't handle not knowing what information I am about to divulge. Your a nothey fucking twat aren't you? You'll let me talk to her alone, but only if the tellth you about it afterwardth? I don't know if you've noticed but theth a fucking Princeth mate, I think theth more than capable of making her own fucking decithion and not relying upon thome thellthword captain telling her exactly what to do. You're not part of the thmall council are you? You're not the King of Ibben? Nor to my fucking knowledge are you the queen. Now were any of thothe people in the room right now I may have changed my thtance but thince they don't appear to be I'd prefer to keep private matterth private for the time being. You act ath if I'm being unreathonable, I came onto thith thip a friend with peaceful intentionth yet ath thoon ath I tho much ath dare to touch your princeth on the thoulder I have fifty kniveth pointed to my throat. If anyone hath been unreathonable here it ith you. Now you can take my deal, or you can refuthe it jutht give me a fucking anthwer before I take that knife you're holding and those it down my own throat."

Voggoro was somewhat irritated at this point though his face retained its smile, he turned back to the Yi-Tish man for a moment just long enough to hear him say something along the lines of "I eat with my mouth, most people tend to eat goats" though he was not entirely sure about that, so he merely shook his head and said "I haven't got a clue what you're on about" as accurately as he could and turned back to the sellsword.

@WanderingJester @Crimson smile @Akio
Dallens smile never wavered, he cared little about insults and if there was one thing he learned all those years of being forced to sell his body was poise. No matter what you thought or how you felt to never show your true face to anyone, no matter how much pain you were in or how dark things were you kept smiling, or you risked a beating. Now the stakes were higher then a beating but he wasn't fazed. His voice was smooth when he answered. "You don't have to tell me anything, netheir does the princess. Whether I know what happens is irrelevant for as you pointed out I'm simply a mercenary captain, whether I represent Cayden Martell nonwithstanding." He said while his mens bows began to pull back in preparation for any order given. "You simply stated she is to tell no one about your deal less you threaten to withdraw it, I stated this is an impossibility given the nature of Westerosi Bureaucracy. Since you so kindly allowed us to inform the small council and the king of Ibben I have no more regrets. However as for whether the meeting will be allowed naturally does not come to me but is for the princess to decide. After all as you said, she can make her own decisions." He said his smile widening fractionally, it may not seem like it at a glance but he had already got what he wanted. He inclined his head to Daenna. "I apologize for talking over you princess, I simply thought I should clarify that point before we moved on with negotiations. If you wish to punish me I won't object." He had already stated he wouldn't act surventile to her when acting as her teacher in private but naturally in front of a foreign dignitary he would not be lax on respect.

@Crimson smile

@Hypnos

@WanderingJester

"I won't punish you, this time at least. Though do try to prevent the impulse to do so again. " Daenna decided after gazing between the priest and Dallen for a moment. Turning to the priest she nodded. "You have my curiosity peaked. You have my word that I won't reveal what you say to another if that is your wish. In return I want your word on your black goat god that the keeping of this information will not hinder any goals I embark on or cause future conflicts that will affect me. If you cannot give me that then the only way I can keep my silence is if I can reveal the information should it dissuade any conflicts that affect me or my goals. "

Voggoro Moatte

Crawford's Ship, The Docks, Pentos.

Voggo threw up his hands in exasperation, pouring himself yet another drink, he'd been in wars that were easier than talking to this sellsword, and he was tired of the man's insolence. Were they back in Qohor it would have been fifty lashes for talking over your superior, and an additional five for every word he spoke, and Voggoro was debating at this point whether he should just go up and murder the Princess when they were alone, damned be the consequences, that would wipe the smile off of the shits face. "Are you even listening to me? I thaid nothing about the thpread of thith information other than that if any member of the thmall council, the King of Ibben or the queen were here now then I might tell them mythelf. I am a learned man, I can read and I can write, if the Princeth thinkth that thethe people thould know then I thall bloody well tell them mythelf. My thuperiorth were very clear on what I thould do here and ath a man who rethpecth authority" He gave Dallen a glance "I do ath I am bid"

He turned to the Princess, his eyebrow raised. His word meant little, especially to the Black Goat, and he'd been lying, cheating and stealing for as long as he could remember. This Westerosi custom was largely unknown to him, though he was glad for it, if you wanted to make a Qohorik man keep his word then you were going to need, a large knife, a leg of goat, two goblets of mead and two dead virgins, and he doubted that they had most of those on hand. "I'm afraid that would be an impothibility Princeth, I cannot in good faith thay that what I am about to reveal will not interfere with your goalth without firtht knowing what thothe goalth are. Trutht is a double edged thword I'm afraid and if I am to tell you thomething then you mutht tell me thomething altho."

@Akio @Crimson smile

Lord Ixidor Bloodfyre

The Silver Dragon, Pentos Harbor, Pentos

Pentos had a beautiful harbor, and the sight sailing into the harbor was just as magnificent for those already docked. Just over sixty ships sailed into the port all flying a Blue and Silver Flag. Some merchants knew of the Bloodfyre family and had previous trade deals with them out of Elyria. However, the trade fleets of House Bloodfyre typically didn't number more than ten ships. To make this an even more peculiar visit, twenty of the ships appeared to be outfitted as warships, not as trade ships. The lead ship was larger than all the rest, it's sails had a large Blue Dragon head on a background of silver. Almost to further the obvious, at the bow of the ship was a roaring dragon's head in silver and blue. As this first ship made port a group of armed and armored men get off the ship as well as dozens of unarmored sailors who have tasks to complete before they could have any kind of rest. Onboard a voice could be heard yelling.

"What do you mean we are missing ten ships! That's ten ships, full of the coin that was going to be paying for our lands and your salary! If none of those ships limp in in the next few hours, it will be you who gets left behind this time!" A young man came down the gangplank, he wore high quality steel armor painted in blue and silver with a sword on his hip. He looked around the docks as more of his ships made port. A young woman approached him and they began speaking.

"Brother, these are the names of the missing ships. I have already sent men ahead to the port authority to report the ships missing. I believe they went missing shortly after we left Tyrosh, but not before. They may have sailed for Myr instead of Pentos or were stolen and sailed.. well anywhere but here. Some of them had enough gold on them for the crew to live very comfortably for a very long time on it." Ixidor shook his head, "Rhaenys, I need you to go and find supplies for the last leg of the journey. Give the crew double pay for this last leg as a reward and promise double this amount when we reach our final destination. That should keep them loyal enough. I don't need all of them to stay loyal, I just need the ones who command the respect of the others to stay loyal. Now, I'm sending Aelix with you into the Market. If there are others you want, feel free to bring them as well. The Gods watch you sister."

"And you as well Brother." They shared a brief embrace as Rhaenys went into town, she was wearing a dress of Black and Red as she preferred. Ixidor continued watching as his ships made port and paid duties to the port authority for use of the harbor." Just one more short voyage and I might not have to get on another ship so long as I live.

Lady Rhaenys Bloodfyre

Rhaenys entered the market and immediately began looking to gain the supplies for the next leg of the journey. She was all business until she was caught offguard by a comment made by one of the merchants as she finished telling him what she needed. "...and a half dozen barrels of wine per ship. Just round that one up just in case." "Yes Princess." She went from taken aback, to very offended. "Excuse me? I am not your princess sir. I would suggest that you not make up pet names for me as if you know who I am." The merchant, turning around very confused quickly backtracked himself. "I am very sorry miss! Your dress. And your Valyrian features, I assumed you were a Targaryen Princess. I had heard one was in the city currently and I was too eager for her to stop by my shop. Add to the fact you were sailing for King's Landing. You can see how I came to my assumption! Please, have this barrel of Arbor Red as my apology. I never meant to offend you." The visit with this merchant runs much more smoothly and soon she is able to find almost everything she needs either in his shop or at a nearby shop on the merchant's recommendation. She then makes her way back towards the ships, Aelix seems worried.

"Aelix, stop acting like the world is ending. It was a misunderstanding and I will make sure my brother knows that there is a Targaryen in the city. They may be able to help us in finding someone who has an extra estate and land to sell in Westeros." Aelix shakes his head at the statement. "It is less of the mistake that he made and more of the mistakes some other people could make. If he thought you were a princess of the Iron Throne, what would happen if her enemies found you and decided you were her as well." Rhaenys could see how that would be a problem. "We need to get back to the Silver Dragon immediately then. We can't have Ixidor waiting on us because someone decided to kidnap me because I looked like some Princess or another."

Within the hour they returned to the ship. One of the missing ships indeed limped into port. It seems that during the journey they suffered a ripped sail and it slowed their travel. Once the crew was all fully paid and many began their shore leave, Rhaenys and Ixidor met up again.

"There was a bit of an incident in the Market today." Rhaenys confessed. "I heard. Aelix told me already." That slimy little man! Rhaenys thought. She knew he was a man bound to her brother's command, but he didn't have to go revealing everything that happened on their trips together. At least she hoped he didn't. "So you know about the Princess then? Did you try to contact her?" Ixidor nodded and walked around the table. "It would seem her ship set sail just as we were coming into port. Poor timing, if we hadn't needed to hail the Pentoshi ships and have them alert the harbor an hour in advance, we could have ended up right next to her ship in port. Instead, we simply put on a parade for the girl as she left port."

Rhaenys smirked at the thought of Ixidor commanding a parade. The sheer seriousness in which he would take his duties. She focused herself again, "So no meeting this princess just yet. Perhaps its in the cards for us when we arrive in King's Landing then? Who knows, with all the gold we brought they might just sell us the Red Keep!" Ixidor smiled, it was good to see him smile. "I have tried looking up the potential castles for sale. I heard of some places in the Westerlands that recently lost their lords. Castamere and Tarbeck Hall. In the Riverlands, there is always the chance we could buy Harrenhal for cheap, but it is going to cost us more to maintain it than to buy it. Perhaps we could even just simply try to buy out a family who wants out. Rykker in Duskendale? They are new lords and aren't firmly attached to the land just yet, maybe they will sell their lordship." Still smiling, Ixidor shook his head, "We can't simply pick and choose an estate like we are shopping for a dress. They will offer us something they believe we are worth. Either we take it, or we move on. We only get so many chances before we run out of luck. I'm starting at King's Landing because it is the Capital of the country. If their King grants me permission to buy a certain parcel of land, no one can oppose me buying it up. The Lords Paramount would come next. I'd like to try the Reach and Westerlands before the Rivers and Stormlands. The Vale and North would be next, and if I absolutely have to, Dorne. I don't particularly like how Dorne reminds me of the southern coast of Ghis, but if that is the only place that will accept us, then we will make do."

With that, Ixidor left the cabin. Rhaenys heard him go below deck to his personal quarters. He didn't like sleeping in the Captain's cabin, too much noise, he claimed. She enjoyed it well enough. She started day dreaming about all the different things she would be able to do once they had a castle of their own. The balls and feasts she could throw and attend. It would be grand.

The Stepstones

Quentyn Sand

The Dornish pirate grinned devilishly as he managed to get two hits off on his opponent. "You fight like some knight." He taunted, pressing forward. The arrows that rained around them were an after thought. "You need to fight like the scurvy devils that rule the sea!" He dived forward, blocking the blade sent his way with his own short sword. His fist was sent into Aerys' face, the Dornish Pirate keen on using every part of his body to fight. The man before him was holding his own impressively well, especially considering that another ship seemed to appear. It surprised him, but the would-be pirates would soon have the Golden Company ships on their ass. 'My loot will be stolen from me, but these coonts'll die quicker.' He had no way of checking the status of his crew, unfortunately.

His Summer Islander was on the ground clutching his chest, an arrow penetrating it. It looked fatal, from the glimpses Quentyn saw, but not instantly. 'Get up and fight to your final breath!' he thought, irritated as he refocused on his opponent, fist still flying at the man.

The Stepstones

Joffery Peake

Aboard The Blackfyre, the Golden Captain drifted aimlessly through the sea. He couldn't seem to spot the pirates and whatever merchant that got the better of them. The souns of combat and cursing reached their ears, but the open sea could hardly be trusted to relay this information truthfully. "These damned fogs!" The man screamed, commanding the horn blowers to blow again. The ship behind them, that was only fifty meters to their rear, was no longer in sight. He hoped to keep up a constant noise, otherwise he risked losing them altogether.

The Crossbowmen on the deck looked out into the mist, some rigid and still, waiting for battle. Others relaxed their stances, believing themselves to be safe. "Stand ready!" Peake shouted. "We are gaining on them!"

"Captain can see through the fog?" One of the crossbowmen on the deck looked up at him, asking in a mix of skepticism and confusion.

"I can hear them clearly. . ." He looked back into the mist. "They are this way! Right there!" He pointed into a random spot in front of them. "Full speed ahead, I want those ships!"

@Leusis

@Lancelot

@Elendithas

The Stepstones

Aerys gritted his teeth once more, May the others take me if I let myself be slain by some dried up old dornish I'm uncultured. "You fight like some knight." the Dornishman taunted as he pressed forward. "Aye, I do." Aerys halfheartedly responded, unfortunately for you I am more sellsword than knight. As the Dornishmen blocked his blade he tensed his arm trying his best to keep his opponent focused on there, although it seems they had something similar in mind as Aerys was caught off guard when he found a fist flying at him. It was a mixture of adrenaline and instinct that provided -along with a bit of luck, the man seemed distracted by his own crew- what Aerys needed to narrowly dodge the punch, he wasted no time in extending his leg with force in an attempt to hit the Dornishmans knee.

@TheAncientCenturion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Stepstones

Aemond cursed the seven, he couldn't even reach Aerys before he found himself trapped taking cover from arrows, I am going to personally gut those men Aemond vowed, although they seemed to be targeting the other pirates crew rather than his own. Aemonds crew was busy making a barricade, they would go below deck and use the entrance as a choke point, they had little armour but they had swords and crossbows a plenty, if either crew tried to storm them they would soon realise the mistake they made. Aemond watched as a large Summer Islander was brought to his knees it was a fatal shot, he likely would die where he fell. But Aemonds attention soon drifted to something larger, even more ships were approaching It just keeps getting better and better... Aemond cursed angrily, he let out a grunt as he rushed over to Aerys and the Dornishman. Aemond held onto the blade end of his sword and moved to strike the Dornishman in the back of the head with the hande(pommel/guard?)

@TheAncientCenturion

Daenna Targaryen

Crawfords ship

Beginning to feel wariness press down upon her Daenna shook her head. Right now is one of those times I wish I was back in Kings Landing and my father still ruled. He may not have been a good king but at least then I didn't have to deal with this. Pushing such selfish thoughts aside Daenna focused on the priest and decided to say fuck it. "Alright, then. I feel as though the day has just tripled in length so let us finish this. Dallan I wish to speak to this priest alone so why don't you make sure that the ship is ready to set sail while we go down to the captains study. "

Not waiting for Dallan to speak Daenna headed toward the steps that led below deck not heading the sound of protest Dom released. She knew many of the crew and soldiers would be waiting on hand should trouble brew and was ready to draw one of her weapons should it be needed. However, she didn't wish to dally any longer and stay in the place that has caused her such trouble. "Come, let us finish this. If I am feeling wary I can only imagine how you must be feeling, Priest."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back