• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones) - Additional IC

TheAncientCelt

The Leech Lord
Essos

fhxEyUm.jpg

Year: 298 AC

Season: Late Summer

This tab will include all RPing beyond Westeros, including Sothoroys and the Stepstones.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Pentos where Denna was walking there suddenly a great commotion where Daenna was walking as the common people seemed to react with excitement and some with fear and some with simple curiosity. They clogged the street slightly impending Daenna's path as suddenly she became aware of a Calvary unit moving past the street. However for a Calvary unit it was a typical for Pentos. They wore very little armor, instead dressed in mostly Dornish style clothing or light half plate armor many carrying spear and riding the famous sand steeds of Dorne of which it was claimed many Dornish loved even more then their women but incredibly hard to get in Pentos.

They rode like a traditional honor guard, so it was obvious whoever was riding through this part of town could be considered important. However it was not their armor or rare steeds that clued her into who they were but the red paint splashed on the wood near head of the spear and their banner of a bloodied spear stuck into war torn ground, black on red colors. She also knew their leader even if she had not seen him in several years. Suddenly she saw him Cayden Martell, prince of Dorne who had sailed off to Essos to fight in the disputed lands and rumoringly serve under the faceless men of Barvos. He was waving to the crowd, riding with a certain level of ease even a Darthraki might envy. He was a handsome man, with powerful features a piercing blue eyes and a body as fit and lean as a spear and dark hair crowning his face had made him the heart breaker of the Red Keep for the idea of traditional marriage never appealed to him. She had not seen him in 4 years. His eyes found her face and widened in surprise, raising a hand and bringing his patrol to a stop. "Deanna Targaryan now what are you doing here?" He asked with pleasant surprise, favoring her a wide smile. @Crimson smile

Daenna Targaryen

"Well if it isn't the runaway prince. Do your parents know where you are or have you vanished again?" Daenna arched a brow in amusement at the Dornishman on horseback after she got over her surprise and recognized him, the old taunt naturally leaving her lips. Crossing her arms across her chest she ignored Dom and Mayi as they left the shop they had been looking at after they had finally made it the the bath house and Mayi insisted after a warm bath to get lunch. The two looked at the prince warily but trusted that the princess could care for herself so lingered by the entrance even as she taunted the prince good naturdly. "As for my own presence I've been sent here to gather allies by my sister. I didn't think I would run into the pain of seeing your ugly mug around here. "

@Akio

@Akio[/URL]
"Nor did I think I would have to deal with your flat chest and thick skull." He responded back on instinct while his warriors circled in their saddles, some with anger to see who was trading insults with their prince so freely. "But this time my parent's do know where I am, I'm pretty sure the dead know everything or nothing, the priest's haven't decided." He said with some sadness, he had not been able to come home to pay respects to his parents when they died and while his tone was still joking a certain sadness entered his eyes. He had a new gravity to him and had grown up nicely as she could see as he dismounted from his horse and walked up to her. "If your looking for allies I wouldn't suggest Pentos, after their last loss to Brovos they are forced to keep no navy and only a small guard, there is only so much they could offer you that you can just buy a sell sword company to do the same. Have things grown troublesome in Westeros?" He asked his piercing blue eyes the same as ever despite the fact he towered over 6 feet and likely had to look down at her now, when she was actually a bit taller then him when they were children.

Daenna sighed when she realized her mistake. I had forgotten about his parent's demise. Arm's dropping to her side she adopted a more relaxed posture as she allowed herself to relax in familiar companionship. "Ay, I was sorry to hear about your parents and sent my regrets. As for my allies I don't wish for a sell sword company that can be bought from under me, plus I don't have a lot of money on me. I was hoping to try and find an ally with an army willing to tie their loyalties to my family. We don't have many allies back home and Kuvira seem's to be making more enemies then she can handle. A bad thing when war is brewing. "

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]Daenna sighed when she realized her mistake. I had forgotten about his parent's demise. Arm's dropping to her side she adopted a more relaxed posture as she allowed herself to relax in familiar companionship. "Ay, I was sorry to hear about your parents and sent my regrets. As for my allies I don't wish for a sell sword company that can be bought from under me, plus I don't have a lot of money on me. I was hoping to try and find an ally with an army willing to tie their loyalties to my family. We don't have many allies back home and Kuvira seem's to be making more enemies then she can handle. A bad thing when war is brewing. "

[/QUOTE]
"War.... I had heard rumors but I was not aware it had grown so bad." He said with a bit of a sigh. "When I returned home I thought it would be to relax and see my sisters again and pay my respects to my father. Yet it seems I must fight again. I don't know whether to be thankful that the gods like keeping me entertained or bitter that I can't have a moments rest." He said shaking his head. "Still if your hoping for allies among the free cities I would suggest Bravos, they have the support of the Iron Bank and only Volantis matches them and they don't get involved in Westeros other then trade. Has my sister chosen a side in the coming war?" He knew that Deanna would probably not be so relaxed if they were declared enemies when he had a Calvary patrol behind him. Then something occurred to him and his stance shifted to concern, she could even see it in his posture. "If you come to tie your family to the free cities does that mean your planning to wed?" He said remembering her dislike of the idea.

"It ain't a sure thing but If there is no other way then yea. I'm hoping that getting wed would be plan B. Even then the guy better have a massive army. " Daenna nodded not bothering to keep her displeasure of the idea out of her voice. "I haven't heard word from Westeros about anything yet. I left just as a meeting between the lords and ladies was taking place. I was going to send a Raven once I arrived at the Magister's to gather further information on the event's since my departure. "

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]"It ain't a sure thing but If there is no other way then yea. I'm hoping that getting wed would be plan B. Even then the guy better have a massive army. " Daenna nodded not bothering to keep her displeasure of the idea out of her voice. "I haven't heard word from Westeros about anything yet. I left just as a meeting between the lords and ladies was taking place. I was going to send a Raven once I arrived at the Magister's to gather further information on the event's since my departure. "

[/QUOTE]
Cayden's stance did relax in the slightest though he did let out a snort. "Well a massive army you will not find in Pentos, as I said Bravos keeps them in line." He turned and look at the rider in the front of the group of men behind him. "Hey foot sore tell Magnus to send the riders on and make camp, and give them permission to be liberal with the meed. Ill be gone for awhile." The man he called Sore Foot was all smiles looking at Deanna then Magnus. "Sure thing." The procession was longer then she thought, discounting any forces of Dorne, just the men he has with him looked to be over a thousand and maybe more as they rode past on there sand steeds leaving only one horse, a magnificant black sand steed that she knew who's name was Shadowfire, and name he chose in honor of both of them since she helped him train the horse who had been sent to Kingslanding in his second year there as a birthday present. "Ill have to write my sisters and check on the situation, where are you headed now?" He said watching her.

"Currently I am heading the the Magisters." Daenna answered as she approached Shadowfire and patted the horses snout. The black steed nudged her hand for more when she went to stop eager for attention from the girl who once trained it. Smiling Daenna complied rolling her eyes fondly. " I was hoping to ask for safety while I try to get into contact with any potential allies from the other cities. He also has information that I might need. It help's that I have permission to use a favor he owes to a friend. What are you doing in the free cities?"

@Akio

Crimson smile]"Currently I am heading the the Magisters." Daenna answered as she approached Shadowfire and patted the horses snout. The black steed nudged her hand for more when she went to stop eager for attention from the girl who once trained it. Smiling Daenna complied rolling her eyes fondly. " I was hoping to ask for safety while I try to get into contact with any potential allies from the other cities. He also has information that I might need. It help's that I have permission to use a favor he owes to a friend. What are you doing in the free cities?" [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/7305-akio/ said:
@Akio[/URL]
"I was going back to Westeros, I had decided I had been gone from home to long and i succeeded in my original reason for coming here." He said watching Shadowfire and Deanna with a faint smile now, the two had always been affectionate and it was originally Deanna that the horse had warmed up to. "Do you have a way to contact people in all the free cities? Do you have someone to educate you on their customs, to let you know whos really important and who just pretends to hold power." He says raising an eye brow watching her for a reaction.

"Nope." Daenna answered popping the P. "I found a person who know's his way around and how to fight. He has been helping me so far. I just arrived in Pentos yesterday and haven't really had time to do anything. Especially since the Magister contacted me this morning and didn't give me much time to get settled. Mostly I've been trying to work thing's out with the time I've been given. I just figured I would find out who the powerful people are and go from there. "

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]"Nope." Daenna answered popping the P. "I found a person who know's his way around and how to fight. He has been helping me so far. I just arrived in Pentos yesterday and haven't really had time to do anything. Especially since the Magister contacted me this morning and didn't give me much time to get settled. Mostly I've been trying to work thing's out with the time I've been given. I just figured I would find out who the powerful people are and go from there. "

[/QUOTE]
"Oh? At least you have something of a guide." He seemed to be considering something. "Still it doesn't work that way, unless you know the right people you will get no where in the free cities. Poltics here are even more complicated then in the seven kingdoms, at least there you know whos really in charge. For example the magistrate your going to meet is a figure head and over all powerless, he is elected by a council of pentos nobles who hold the real power and if things go badly for pentos he is killed to appease the gods and the next person takes his place. Though he does deflower to maidens yearly and has some power as long as things go well he is a minor figure in the end." He said rubbing his horses flank.

"So basically I have no connections. " Daenna sighed suddenly feeling drained. This whole helping thing is a lot more complicated then I thought. I guess I really should have payed attention more when my tutor was trying to teach me politics. "Got any ideas?"

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]"So basically I have no connections. " Daenna sighed suddenly feeling drained. This whole helping thing is a lot more complicated then I thought. I guess I really should have payed attention more when my tutor was trying to teach me politics. "Got any ideas?"

[/QUOTE]
"Simple really, I'm coming with you. All the connections you lack I have, I've been in Essos for 4 years and I never hid my identity so anyone wanting to curry favor with my mercenaries or house Dorne came to me. I know who to talk to and honestly if the situation is as bad as you say I can't go home without knowing Dorne's stance on the war so spending some time with you is not a disagreeable option." He said smiling at her.

"Oh, I see how it is." Daenna teased the prince suddenly feeling more lively at the prospect of having an actual plan. "Using me for information Mr. Runaway? How charming can you be!"

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]"Oh, I see how it is." Daenna teased the prince suddenly feeling more lively at the prospect of having an actual plan. "Using me for information Mr. Runaway? How charming can you be!"

[/QUOTE]
"Says the one who would so ruthlessly use me to forge connections to house Targaryan without compensation." He teased back looking at her followers. "Anyway you should not try to cross the disputed land without a strong guard anyway, without at least 100 men you would have been dead before you made it to any interior city. Well maybe not dead, you are beautiful enough you would end up some sell swords pet but if you found your way back I don't want you carrying a bastard and claiming its mine in revenge for leaving you here on this rock. My red spears number 1,807 men and have quite a reputation is these parts, ill be able to see you married off and out of my hair with no problem." Despite his teasing he could tell he was concerned for her and that she had underestimated the danger she had put herself into on this voyage.

"Look at you. Being a charmer. Where's the snot nosed brat I used to know?" Smiling Daenna nodded as Mayi and Dom joined her. "The girl's Mayi my handmaiden and the bearded dude is Dominic my guard. I wasn't really worried about travelling to other cities. I figured once I had some time to think everything through and decided to leave I could contact my ship to take me to the next city bordering the water."

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Crimson smile]"Look at you. Being a charmer. Where's the snot nosed brat I used to know?" Smiling Daenna nodded as Mayi and Dom joined her. "The girl's Mayi my handmaiden and the bearded dude is Dominic my guard. I wasn't really worried about travelling to other cities. I figured once I had some time to think everything through and decided to leave I could contact my ship to take me to the next city bordering the water."

[/QUOTE]
"And if your boat got raided by the corsairs?" He said with a raised eyebrow as he put a hand on her head and rubbed it fiercely messing up her hair. "Why do you think merchant ships here go in packs or are guided by at least 3 warships. I forgot you have an annoying tendency to rush into things." He let go of her hair, showing that it was frayed and more scattered compared to her ensemble before. "Now that's how i remember you, when did you actually start getting your hair brushed." He said with a smirk. He nodded at both Mayi and Dominic. "Do you still wish to stay in Pentos, I will reiterate again any army Pentos has is small and almost not worth the effort for what they would send." He said looking towards the sea/

Daenna yelped as her hair was messed up and swiped at the Princes hand as he withdrew it. Glaring at him she bared her teeth in annoyance at him as Mayi rushed over to fix her hair. Muttering about looking like a proper lady. "I guess if what you say is true there is no use in staying. Though I would have to wait till after my meeting with the Magister to schedule any leave. After all it would be impolite to skip the meeting and leave him waiting. "

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]Daenna yelped as her hair was messed up and swiped at the Princes hand as he withdrew it. Glaring at him she bared her teeth in annoyance at him as Mayi rushed over to fix her hair. Muttering about looking like a proper lady. "I guess if what you say is true there is no use in staying. Though I would have to wait till after my meeting with the Magister to schedule any leave. After all it would be impolite to skip the meeting and leave him waiting. "

[/QUOTE]
Cayden laughed and his eyes sparkled with amusement as he watched her, his eyes as familiar as the day he had left. "Well I guess running out on the magistrate of Pentos is a bad idea, he has direct connections to the council even if he himself is a minor authority and Pentos has never lacked in money being the closest trade route to the seven kingdoms. Never the less I'm coming with you, if i come as your adviser hes less likely to try and take advantage of you, we've um met before." He said with a sort of impish delight sparkling in his eyes.

Feeling rather childish Daenna huffed and stuck her tongue out at the prince. "Of course you have. Probably because you were causing trouble like always."

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]Feeling rather childish Daenna huffed and stuck her tongue out at the prince. "Of course you have. Probably because you were causing trouble like always."

[/QUOTE]
"Well." He said in his best story telling voice though the impish delight in his eyes didn't change. "The magistrate is supposed to deflower exactly two maidens a year, the maiden of the seas and the maiden of the fields and i may have been around during one of those days and slept with the maiden of the fields before he could. Its a death sentence for him if i ever let the story slip though i could escape with my red spears, he's been deathly afraid of me ever since and i snuck the girl to Bravos to maintain her safety. Still i heard the crops were especially good this year so the gods of Pentos must have been pleased with me." He said with a snicker.

"Your terrible." Daenna deadpanned though couldn't help laughing. "I guess some thing's never change. Shall I find your bastards if I go to any city you have stayed in?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back