• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Small, Small World - Shrunken Survival RP

A Small, Small World

You and a group of others have just woken up in a strange, yet familiar place. It doesn't take too long for people to figure out where they are, whether they want to believe or not - they're in a house. Except... everything's quite a bit larger than normal. The ceiling seems to be miles and miles away, the furniture towers like buildings over you, and the walls seem to go on forever. Of course, it's not the house that is big - it is you that is small.

And you're not exactly alone...

So the premise here is fairly simple - the characters wake up to find themselves just a couple of millimetres tall, and on the floor of someone's house, with no clue how they got there. The normal-sized inhabitant(s) of said house doesn't know about any of this, and likely won't ever for the purposes of the story. The goal is to simply not die.

Things to note:
  • Characters can quite potentially die. As such, it's probably a good idea to have more than one, just in case. If you do only have one, I'd be willing to be a lot more lenient, although stupid actions won't go unpunished. That said...
  • Things like heights won't kill you. You can't jump any more than your own height, but you can take a fall from effectively any distance.
  • You'll definitely die if you do something that there's no surviving. If you jump into an already-running blender, I can't save you. Also, if you don't post for a while (say... two weeks?) I won't feel super guilty about killing your character.
  • They may be some gore and/or slightly disgusting descriptions.

• It's worth remembering that these characters are really, really small. Most things are going to be way too heavy for you to move, and travelling is something that takes dedication - you won't be able to cross a room or climb up a table or anything without dedicating a post to it. I was thinking about some kind of turn-based system... but it felt a bit too complicated. So just use common sense.
  • In a similar vein - you're still human. You still get tired and hungry and all that.
  • Occasionally you might need some extra information about the environment. E.g Where does this door go? Is that chair close enough to jump to? What kind of stuff is on this table? If you need to know any of this (again, common sense!) just ask in OOC. Conversely, I might ask you where exactly your character is, for reasons that might not be immediately obvious.
  • Detail is always appreciated of course, but I'm not really into strict words counts and such.
And... I think that's it? If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Last edited:
I'm confused about people being able to fall from any distance and survive. You mean that a player can swan-dive from the blades of a ceiling fan onto the floor and not even be injured?

I'm confused about people being able to fall from any distance and survive. You mean that a player can swan-dive from the blades of a ceiling fan onto the floor and not even be injured?

Yup, because of terminal velocity:
To the mouse and any smaller animal [gravity] presents practically no dangers. You can drop a mouse down a thousand-yard mine shaft; and, on arriving at the bottom, it gets a slight shock and walks away. A rat is killed, a man is broken, a horse splashes. For the resistance presented to movement by the air is proportional to the surface of the moving object

Of course, the characters wouldn't necessarily know this from the offset, and even if they did... you could imagine why they'd be reluctant to try :xFtongue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back