• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Royal Engagement [Closed]

c10e70ad47ba8c6416b706d242309d1c.jpg

Ana was thankful her sister changed the subject, considering that topic was going to make her all types of sad. The catch was, it was a topic she didn't want to speak on. There was no way she could ruin her sisterly bond time with the news of their father. Besides, this would be something her father would have to tell the rest himself. She would just have to come up with something else to tell her for the time being. "Oh! I plan on leaving the palace for a day. Perhaps tomorrow? I'd love it if we got out of this place every once in a while. Don't you agree?" It was technically a lie since it was on her mind for a while. Just her and her sisters would go out somewhere, maybe down by the water to play in. If she really was going to be married to Frederick, she would need to spend as much time with them as was possible. "We can have a nice lunch and play down by the water. Maybe even teach the little one how to swim?" She said referring to Josie, who she hadn't seen since last night. "Speaking of, where in the world is she?"

575135_509791305724158_1421495410_n.jpg
Bramble arched an eyebrow at Ana's proposal. She knew what she was doing. Spend as much time with them as possible before being shipped off with the Elfian ass. Perhaps Ana truly wasn't going to fight on this, maybe she'd just let it happen. Bramble pressed her lips thinly together in thought. She wouldn't let it happen. She'd start a war before it happened if worst came to worst, Ana didn't deserve Frederick, she deserved some kind and passionate. Like Edward. Bramble stared at Edward in thought, pondering him. She'd never harm him of course, she'd know him since she was a wee chit. But if he hurt Ana she certainly would. She'd scratch his eyes out.

But would Edward fight for Ana?

Ana's voice snapped Bramble out of her thoughts. Bramble smirked at the thought of playing by the water. Which usually consisted of Bramble laughing her ass off when she pushed her sisters into the water, although once she had taught them a dance on the stones in the water, but Bramble had also pushed them off of those too. At the mention of Josie, Bramble glanced around as if Josie might pop up any second.

"I don't know, I haven't seen the wee chit since the ball last night." Bramble said. Hopefully Ms. Graybe or someone else had sent Josie to lessons. Suddenly remembering something she had to tell Ana, she turned to her, her face somewhat serious with the hint of a smirk. "If your planning on going out tomorrow, don't tell Freddy. I don't want to be spied on while I'm swimming." Bramble turned her body a bit to talk to Ana and bit her lip to keep from crying out, she resisted the urge to clutch her side from the ripple of pain.

"Speaking of Freddy," Bramble's voice was strained and she cleared her threat before continuing, "His page, the young peep that's nearly always with him is also Frederick's little spy," Bramble raised her hand before Ana could cut in, "Don't ask how I know, but Frederick's studying some of our nobels, including Emile Hasard with a much more closer look. And if Emile doesn't want to be drawn attention to, he won't. So, something must've caught Frederick's attention. Did you say something to Emile?" Bramble questioned Ana, her lips pressed thinly together and her face more serious then any of her family had ever seen of her.
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Last edited:
wkhap107_fhm06.jpg

Rosie smiled to Gwynyffer wrote her thanks. She went to the stable doors to open them before going back to Gwynyffer and writing, "Would you mind giving me a boost onto the saddle? I always have a hard time getting up myself." This was a lie, but she wanted any excuse to have Gwynyffer in close proximity to her; she wanted to feel the electric shock of Gwynyffer's touch. She went over to the side of Pepper Ann and lifted one foot onto the foothold.

redroseknight redroseknight

Virginia+Hankins+Knight+with+Black+Azteca+Horse+Casanova+2.JPG
Gwyn nodded her head in agreement, a warm smile on her lips. She had no idea that it was a ruse to get her closer, but then again, she wouldn't have cared regardless. Any excuse to get as close to the princess as she could was a good excuse in her book. Once Rosie had one foot in she stirrup, Gwynyffer approached her. Her heart hammered heavily in her chest, and she was sure her cheeks had to be on fire. She had rather easily made a few maids swoon in her presence, but she hadn't felt like this. It was like drowning, yet she wouldn't trade it for a moment.

Gwyn placed one hand on Rosie's waist, her body position close enough to hers that she could feel the heat radiating off of her. Her heart was in her throat and her mouth felt completely dry. She lingered longer than was perhaps necessary, her brain and body short circuited by the overwhelming sensations Rosie caused. This girl was going to be the death of her. Now whether it was going to be from a heart attack, heartbreak, or her protective sisters when one of them figured out what was going on, well, that remained to be seen.

Eventually she was able to get control of her body, her heavy exhale of breath brushing against Rosie's shoulder. She bent down a bit and readied to catch Rosie's foot to give her a boost.

1149813_1354300300345_full.png

Geoffrey had a ghost of a smile and more than his fair share of amusement in his eyes as he shrugged off the playful shove, his larger, more muscular form able to take it. "Oh dear, I suppose it just slipped my mind. But don't worry, your position as advisor to the crown is perfectly safe. That would require conversing with people, and I am better at just observing them from afar."

When Edward gave a friendly motion to the princesses, Geoffrey turns his head to look. He looked to Bramble, watching her talk to Ana even as he listened to Edward. Geoffrey noticed that something was off with Bramble, how she favored one side over the other and her movements were subtly stilted. These were things that those not living by a sword wouldn't notice, but shifts in stances, any little hint to the next attack were important to save a knight's life. After his first assignment, the one that had left a grisly scar on his arm, he had learned to watch for such things far more carefully. He made no mention of his observation out loud, instead filing it away to speak to the younger woman later.

"I have not had the chance to meet him, though I believe he is one of the newest recruits. With everything that is going on at the moment, I believe that I will make it a point to make his acquaintance." Geoffrey recalled what Ana had told him about another who would be more than willing to step up and assist him with keeping the younger woman safe. Often referred to as the bear of the royal family, Geoffrey's protectiveness rose within his heart. This Lucas was going to be told in no uncertain terms to be careful with Bramble, even if the young woman could take care of herself.

Last edited:
wkhap107_fhm06.jpg

As Gwynyffer readied herself behind Rosie, Rosie felt her whole body melt into the touch. She wanted nothing more than to stay like this forever. Just the two of them with no distractions, no pondering eyes. But Rosie knew better. She cleared her thoughts and gave herself a couple starter bounces on her foot before leaping up into the air. Her foot was caught by Gwynyffer and she was hoisted onto the saddle. She smiled down at Gwynyffer and signed "Thank you." She then grabbed the notebook once more and wrote
"That means Thank you, by the way. Bring you hand to your chin and pull it away. Thank you."

a98c7f6e353f57d6bb46326887ba1a9c-png.302082

Edward decided to redirect his vision from Ana and Bramble, for he knew his eyes had been fixed upon the older princess for too long and he didn't want anyone else to notice. He folded his arms as he listened to Geoffrey talk about Lucas, and he firmly nodded. "Perhaps you could take him under your wing. We need more men like you protecting this castle," he suggested. As he was diverting his eyes away from the love of his life, he noticed Andrew in the distance. He was going to make a point of speaking with the boy alone at some point. The kid may, for the most part, live in Frederick's shadow, but the king's advisor was keen to know more about the page. He hated to judge him without giving him a chance.​

Last edited:
Gwyn stood up after the boost, her hand hovering about an inch away from the princess in case she had given too much of a boost. She watched the gesture given to her then read the note. After mimicking it to help it stick in her brain, she wrote How do I say that you're welcome? Never had Gwyn actually wanted to learn something so badly that had nothing to do with horses or combat . She was soaking up every little morsel of the language that she could to better communicate with this girl that had enraptured her so. Her gaze drifted up toward Rosie's blue eyes, Gwyn happily peering up into them before she realized that she was rather obviously staring.

A bit of a sheepish expression danced over her features as she retreated to her impatiently waiting steed. Deciding to be a bit of a show off, she grasped the pommel with one hand and the cantle with the other, vaulting quite fluidly into the saddle. She released the cantle at the apex of the jump to let her leg swing over and her foot slide into the stirrup. This move had been practiced for ease of mounted combat, it was faster to do in the middle of a battlefield where an extra second could mean life or death. But the fact that it looked impressive didn't hurt, of course.

1149813_1354300300345_full.png

"It wouldn't hurt to do so. I shall search for him while you try to figure out how to not stare at your lady love so obviously," he teased with a smirk. Geoffrey had tried to make s point of not even looking at Ana in a desperate attempt to conceal his affection.He had noticed that Edward was looking in the direction of Andrew, and he gave a small grunt. "He isn't often far from his prince's side. The fact that both of the prince's preferred pawns are so prominently away from him concerns me."

Geoffrey scratched his burgeoning beard in thought before sighing. "Let us meet once more on the battlements tonight; we can discuss there any findings." He clapped his hand on Edward's shoulder than began his walk toward Andrew. Later he would speak to Bramble about what he observed; he didn't wish to do so when there were others about in case it was something she didn't wish to advertise. Discretion was Geoffrey's forte, right up there with unwavering loyalty.

"You look rather troubled," he stated after he reached the bench that Andrew was seated on. The boy was so young. Geoffrey tried to take his least imposing stance, his expression questioning rather than coldly neutral. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't blame any knight or page for doing as required of them by their lord.

Frederick smiled as Leo agreed, seeing that the man saw value in it too. Excellent. Honestly at this point of the plan, he was hoping for some good news with progression, so this was a start. Next was for him to get a report from Andrew to see if he had found anything else. He didn't expect Andrew to work wonders and find him the entire picture of what was going on, but extra information always helped. He nodded to Leo and said "I'll leave you to your duties then. I'm sure you're capable of informing the relevant people in this castle for the organisation of the event.". And with that he clicked his heels and then left Leo to himself, closing the door behind him and looking around to see if Andrew was there to report to him.

Edward couldn't help but blush a little at Geoffrey's slight teasing, but he was keeping a level head now, as was required. He then glanced to Andrew and nodded as the knight spoke about him. "I believe this is the first time I've seen the boy alone. I intend to speak with him at some point, as well as Gwynyffer." He then nodded with regards to meeting later in the evening to discuss any findings. "I will see you later," he said, watching the knight walk away in the direction of the prince's page.

After a quick glance back at Ana and Bramble, Edward continued his walk around the castle grounds. He made a point of doing this most mornings as it allowed him to converse with the servants and visitors, as well as identify anything of concern that the king may need to be made aware of.

kkkk-png.302115

Andrew stood up as soon as he heard Geoffrey address him. His eyes widened at the man's question. "Troubled, Sir?" he quietly asked. Oh, how he wished he could one day be a brave and strong knight like the one standing before him. Sure, the prince had placed an important task on his shoulders and he was afraid he hadn't completed it as expected, but he couldn't let his worry show to anyone. "I'm just trying to take everything in. Argonia is a wonderful place and I'm so grateful for the hospitality I've been shown." He thought of Alyssa and that helped him to keep smiling brightly. "There may be a tournament held between the Elfian and Argonian knights. Will you be taking part?" he asked, having been told to spread the word already.

Unfortunately, Frederick would realise that Andrew was still outside and not yet present to report to him.​

Ana was going to give her younger sister a smart reply about their trip tomorrow when the conversation turned serious. Should she tell her about the talk she had with him the night before? It would most likely just stir up more secrets that she was keeping from her. Running a hand through her hair, she was trying to decide how she was going to respond. "Well..." She started as her eyes drifted away to the side. "I did... Look, he kept looking at me with those stupid, sneaky, I-know-a-secret-about-you eyes and I had to set the record straight. Emile Hassard will not threaten, nor blackmail our family, Bambi. I won't have it." She then realized she had also mentioned Frederick's page and she gave her a shocked look. "Aw, not the adorable one. He looks so cute and innocent, there's no way he would spy for him. But, if we're talking about his little spies, the redhead knight-lady... She's been hanging around Rosie a little bit too much and I would hate to think she's only getting close to her for something. We need to keep an eye on her, simply because I don't trust her." She said with much authority. She was already beginning to fit into her role as queen perfectly, saying things as if her word was final.

Bramble fought the urge to lash out at Ana for challenging Emile, her sorely bruised wrists reminded her that Ana words meant nothing to Emile because he made his point perfectly clear the night before. If anything, it had just angered Emile from being confronted by Ana. She unconsciously rubbed her sore wrists. She pressed her lips thinly together in anger, her blood boiling that Ana confronted Emile, but more or so confronted her. She wondered how easy it'd be to kill him without it getting traced back to her.

Ana's declaration for Andrew's independence only further angered Bramble. Exactly, cute, naive an innocent. That's why people underestimated him, and that kind of mistake could get your head chopped off. Her eyes snapped to the red head with Rosie. The lady knight she recalled, when Lucas and his friends had been making fun of women with blades and she'd put them in there place fast.

She'd inspected the redhead lady. If she was a spy, Bramble found it hard to believe she'd just hang around Rosie for the purpose of spying considering she couldn't talk. But of course, sign language was like there secret language in a way, if Rosie was teaching it to the lady knight, she could translate it to Frederick. Bramble didn't want that, but she couldn't help but notice the way Rosie blushed and fawned over the woman the same way the knight was doing with her.

"Cute and innocent. Exactly. Nobody would ever believe him, besides, Frederick asked him too last night." Bramble argued before resuming her inspecting state of the redhead lady, "I agree. But do not take too measured actions. I'll have...someone watch her." She decided to change the subject before Ana raised questions.

"Have you heard? Emile Hasard was supposedly burglarized last night, a man was found murdered outside his home. There trailing the scent west with the dogs." Bramble said with a smirk as if amused this had happened to him, as she plucked a leaf from a maple before pulling out the pins of her blonde hair, her long waves coming loose one by one.

57-Random%20Cute%20Girls.jpg

Rosie smiled and first showed the action before explaining. She held her hand out in front of her chest before bringing it towards her. "Hold your hand out away from your chest in a cupping motion. Then scoop it towards you. You're Welcome." She then signed thank you and you're welcome. When Gwynyffer mounted her horse Rosie couldn't believe her eyes. The movement was so swift and effortless. She brought her horse closer to Gwynyffer and Cathan so Rosie could show Gwynyffer her paper.
"You make it look so effortless. Maybe you could show me how you do it some time?"

She could tell her sister was upset with her for speaking with Hassard. In her mind, Bramble had set a tone for herself and Ana was just doing the same. That and protecting her sisters and their family name. She found it kind of strange that Bramble was getting so upset at the topic at hand. Why was she bothered about her thoughts on Andrew? What was really going on inside this crazy girls' head these days she wondered. Mental note, find out why Bramble is acting so crazy lately. To further the topic more on Emile Hassard, she was notified that his home was broken into. She had yet to speak with any of the maids for her daily dose of gossip so this came as a shock to her. She stopped and faced her sister returning the serious look she had just given her. "Bramble Evrole. Tell me you had nothing to do with it. Absolutely nothing and I'm serious. It better not be how you saw me leave Edward's study at the wee hours of the morning either." The smirk on Bramble's face was the reason she was getting serious. It was the type of smirk that meant she was hiding a secret and she was going to get to the bottom of it.

Bramble arched an eyebrow as if surprised, her smirk turned into amusement and she put her hand to her heart, and her other hand to her forehead "Analise Evrole! How could you think me so ungallant?!" Bramble asked in mock surprised before falling back on the grass with a poof, pretending to faint. Temporarily forgetting her pain, the moment she fell her hand went to her side and head and she involuntary groaned from the sharp spear of pain that rippled through her as if the sword was cutting her flesh all over again. She fought to keep her expression neutral. After a moment of lying still she sat up with a grin.

"Really Ana, you think I'm capable of burglarizing?" Bramble asked with an arched eyebrow, the pain did not subside with all her movement but she couldn't help it. "Let alone murder? I've never even touched a blade. I wish. In fact, I wish I robbed Emile because that rotten shilling-punter deserved it." She said with a hint of anger in her voice, angrily yanking a handful of grass from the dirt and.

Last edited:
Gwynyffer felt pride well in her chest at the praise; so far everything was working out in her favor. Certainly, but I caution that it took me months of endless attempts and getting the rhythm of the jump right. She wasn't sure exactly how long she was going to be able to spend with Rosie in Argonia before she and her fellows knights withdrew to return to Elfian just to be sent to another war, undoubtedly. She strove to keep her mind off of that and looked back to Rosie. As she did so, she noted a couple of pairs of eyes occasionally glancing in their direction. Do you wish to greet your sisters? They might think I'm kidnapping you, she teased with a playful grin. Internally, Gwyn was an absolute wreck. She couldn't see the exact expressions on the faces of the eldest princess, but the one she thought was called Bramble..she had been scrutinizing her. If she had known that there were others about, especially members of Rosie's family, she would have been trying to be less obvious about her affection for Rosie. She reminded herself that this wasn't Elfian, where even after Godric saved the majority of her reputation, there were still quiet murmuring of her preferences for women. No one knew her here, so she would be fine if she could just keep her heart right where it belonged in her chest.

Geoffrey nodded his head as he listened to the enthusiastic page, the muscles in his arms and chest relaxing. "It is overwhelming, seeing a new kingdom for the first time." So there was going to be a tournament. As a knight of Argonia he would be riding in the list under the blue and white banner of the Rutherford's, their emblem being that of a steadfast hound. Fitting for Geoffrey to be riding under.
"I will be competing in the tournament then." Geoffrey had little hope when it came to the list; he didn't like to practice uneccessary violence thus rarely put time in perfecting his jousting technique s. Long sword competition though, that was certainly more of Geoffrey's style. He seemed to be evaluating the big for a moment then asked, "You seem to be handling yourself well. When will you become a squire?"

kkkk-png.302115

Andrew nodded when Geoffrey said he would be competing in the tournament. "I look forward to seeing you compete. Although it will be a nice affair for our kingdoms to have their spirits lifted together, I do enjoy watching knights put their all into it," he said, proudly. When asked when he will become a squire, the boy gave a slight shrug but his happy expression remained unchanged. "Soon, Sir. In a few months, I expect," he casually replied. The truth was, he was quite torn. His goal in life was to become a knight and be able to one day tell his mother, to make her proud. On the other hand, he was learning so much from Frederick and, despite the stress he was often under, he genuinely liked serving the man as his page. "The prince has taught me so much, but I still have a few more lessons to learn... How long have you been a knight?" he suddenly asked. He could have said some futher positive things about the prince, but he knew he mustn't in case it was seen as or became gossip.​

"Observing knights in combat is a good way to learn. You can see how their reactions affect the battle, see mistakes and remember not to make them when you train." The knight remembered quite fondly of his youth spent dogging Sir Wolfric's heels, quietly learning everything that he could from the older knight. The man he had been assigned to was patient with him, taking on more of a fatherly role than his own father had

"I have been a knight for four years now. You never stop learning, even after obtaining knighthood. To do otherwise is to get yourself killed." Geoffrey didn't say as much, but he wondered if knighthood was truly the path for this boy. If he was everything he appeared to be, then his first kill was going to decimate him just as it had Geoffrey.

At first, Rosie was confused. Gwynyffer said her sisters were there but she hadn't seen them. She turned her head quickly and saw the two talking with each other. "Damn it...I hope they just got here..." She thought to herself. She got off of her horse and spoke, or did her best to speak, to Pepper Ann.
"Be a good girl Pepper and say here with Gwynyffer. Do not, go chasing after Bramble." She kissed Pepper affectionately before making her way over to her sisters. She signed to them "What are you guys doing here?"

redroseknight redroseknight Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

"Who knows with you?" She replied to her sister as she mocked innocence. For the first time since they had been talking, she noticed something was up with her. Why was this topic suddenly of interest? That and the little twitch on her face as she fell down to the ground. It concerned her that her sister really was getting into questionable things which meant she would need to have a little talk with Geoffrey about keeping a better eye on Bramble. "Remeber where you are, kid. People like to gossip around these parts, especially if they've heard it from our mouths." Just as she was about to continue chastising her, Rosie walked up to them, asking what they were doing. Ana sarcastically looked around and then back at her before signing. "Hunting elephants, what else?" Even her signing was sarcastic and on the inside it made her laugh.

Bramble let out an exasperated groan as Ana began to chastise her, she stood to her feet, grabbing the oak tree branch for a bit of support as Ana barreled on, she wasn't really listening at this point. Her mind wandered to Damon, still locked in her wardrobe. Damon who'd pretended to be her friend for the past five years. Her fingers dug into the harsh wood.m, from the outside, it looked as if Bramble was getting irritated from Ana's chastising. She hadn't even notice Rosie walk up, lost in concentration, her lips pressed thinly together in anger, and thought.

Rosie's signing snapped her out of her thoughts. Her mind felt cloudy, numbed from pain, the more she stood around and walked the more everything hurt. She could feel warmth at her side and knew she'd began to bleed through the bandages. Ms. Graybe had been insistent to keep her in bed, now it was seemingly like she had no choice. She managed a grin as Ana signed back to Rosie. "We need one to trample over Frederick's fat head," Bramble signed back to Rosie with a smirk. Her head pounded, she had to leave before she fainted or passed out in front of them. "Hungover from last nights ball. I'll be in my room, if anyone comes looking invent some sort of disease or something." Bramble gave her sisters a nearly perfect curtsy, which was strange because her curtsies were always spot on. "Toodle pip!" Bramble said with a wry grin as she turned and bounded off at a quick pace back towards the palace.
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Jess Buck Jess Buck

Rosie raised an eyebrow at Bramble as she walked off. She rolled her eyes before signing to Ana. "Lady Gwynyffer and I were just about to go on a ride." Rosie tried to stay calm, she really hoped her sisters hadn't seen the blatant flirting Rosie was doing just minutes ago. "You weren't spying on us were you?" She asked bluntly.

Edward approached the stables just in time to see Rosie walking away towards her sisters. Seeing Gwynyffer alone, he figured now was a good time to speak with her. "Good morning, Gwynyffer ," he pleasantly greeted her. He glanced to Rosie's and Gwyn's horses, then thought of his own which he rarely got chance to ride outside of the castle grounds, but the animal was cared for nonetheless. "How has your visit been, so far? I expect young Rosie is making you feel most welcome - she's a very helpful young lady. She seems to like spending time with you," he noted. He knew how shy Rosie was, so was glad she'd found a friend, he just felt cautious that it was with someone accompanying the Elfian Prince.

Edward then recalled a conversation he'd just overheard two maids having. "I understand Prince Frederick has proposed a tournament. Will we be seeing you showcase your skills?" he asked. His question was genuine. He may be a highly chivalrous man, but it never once crossed his mind to think a woman couldn't be a capable knight. To be accompanying the prince was further proof, if he even needed it.​

Seeing Edward approach, she dismounted her horse with a graceful slide from the saddle. Conversations like these were better handled face to face. "Good morrow, Lord Edward. My visit thus far has been just wonderful, sir. Your kingdom has been quite gracious, and Princess Rosaline has been most kind to show me about."

The mention of the tournament made Gwynyffer's chest fill with pride, but she maintained a gentle smile. "I shall be competing in the list on this brute here, though I am sure that your knights will quite the challenge. Now, sir, I am sure that there is greater matters of your concern than the hospitality that I have received. How many I assist you."

kkkk-png.302115

"Oh, I will certainly be watching. I watch the knights training back in Elfian too," Andrew told Geoffrey. "I appreciate your advice," he quickly added. He listened as the knight continued to speak about how long he'd be in the position. "I do enjoy learning, so that wouldn't be a problem for me. And, I haven't been killed yet, so I'm already pretty good at staying alive," he half-joked. He looked to Geoffrey, curious as to how many people the knight had killed. The boy didn't want to kill anyone, but he would if it meant protecting his kingdom.

"Good. I'm glad to hear your visit to Argonia is going well and you have been met with kindness, from Rosie and I hope from others," he replied. He smiled as she said she would be competing in the tournament. "You do have a fine horse, Gwynyffer. I believe this will be a fair and even challenge, so I am very excited to watch the tournament." When she suggested his had greater concerns and asked how she could help, he quickly shook his head. "The hospitality of our guests genuinely concerns me and I enjoy speaking with and learning more about everyone I meet here. I'd be lying if I said you haven't piqued my curiosity. Princess Rosaline seems to have taken a shine to you and I decided I should reach how to learn more about you too. It's good to see Rosie looking so happy," he told her. It was true. The girl was so shy and hardly ever left the castle, so he wanted to know what was special about the female knight and hopefully put his own mind at ease.​

Of course Edward had noticed, and she internally sighed. When was she going to learn that drawing so much attention to herself was not helpful in the least. "Not everyone is used to seeing a lady capable with a weapon, but that is common even in my own kingdom so you needn't worry yourself over it, Lord Edward. On the whole, I have been treated with grace. And those that have not will be finding themselves regretting underestimating me when we cross lances at the tournament." A mischievous gleam appeared in her green eyes, the red head not hiding behind a vapid mask since it would serve no purpose here. This man was an advisor to the king, so any ruse would be seen through swiftly. Plus, he had thus far been only respectful of her. Did she trust him? No. That didn't mean she couldn't show him the decency of at least a small measure of honesty.

"I fear that there is no great mystique to me, my lord, though I shall answer your inquiries if it will sate that burning curiosity." She gave him a playful smile as she looked back toward where Rosie was signing with her sister. It was a struggle, but she attempted to restrain the affection she felt when she looked at Rosie. "You speak of her happiness as though it is something newly found, yet she is so full of life when we speak that I find it hard to believe."

Geoffrey shook his head as he listened to the boy speak. Perhaps it was his sentimentality getting to him, but he felt that the boy deserved to hear the warning he was never given. "It is not surviving the battle that will be difficult at first. Surviving the killing is. You won't forget it; and you never should." After speaking this long with Andrew, he decided that he should introduce himself. " I am Geoffrey, by the way." So far everything seemed to check out with the boy; Geoffrey felt deep in his bones that there was nothing dark and deceptive about Andrew. Edward was going to have a better time figuring it out if there indeed was anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back