• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Roll of the Dice (closed)

agrim.falls

Faith Prevents the Fall
“Arthur. Art. Please, come on mate, I just need a few more people in the campaign,” Judy Reynolds, a shorter, sandy haired, Ravenclaw plead. Arthur, the man in question, was currently pretending to study as an excuse to ignore him, sticking his head in his book not actually reading anything. He stayed silent for a moment, hoping the younger boy would take the hint, but when realizing that wouldn’t work, he sighed, setting his book down.

“And I was really the only one you could think of to ask?” The relationship between Judy and Art wasn’t anything special. Occasionally the former would help Art do his homework… or just do it for him, and every once in a while, in return, the Slytherin would get his friends to find a different target for their entertainment. That was it though, nothing more than that.

“I could really use a tank for the campaign and I couldn’t imagine anyone else to do it better.”

“.... I don’t even know what that means,” Art replied, finally looking over at Judy with subdued annoyance.

“I can teach you! Please Art, I promise, it’ll be awesome. It’s the least ‘muggle-like’ game that there is!” Arthur rolled his eyes at that, letting out a huff.

“Fine, I’ll play your game,” the redhead relented. “But then I’m definitely going to need some help with this Transfiguration homework.” Arthur referenced to the book in front of him loosely with his hand and Judy nodded eagerly. The two boys worked through the essay that the Slytherin had neglected to do until the last day, as usual. When it was finally done to the point where he was convinced he’d at least get a passing grade Judy coerced him into planning out his character for the muggle game known as Dungeons and Dragons.

“We’ll meet all next Thursday after classes, if that works for you?” Judy asked as he got up to leave.

“Yeah, I’m sure that’ll be fine,” Art shrugged, looking up at the fifth year.

“Excellent,” Judy was grinning from ear to ear. “Try to bring one other person? Just have them come a little early and we’ll set up their character too.” Before Art had much of a chance to reply he took off, heading out of the Great Hall. Fantastic. Who was he going to be able to rope into this stupid game?

(( Art's Character ~ ddb.ac/characters/17516979/bkxBxV ))

~~~~`~~~~`~~~~`

“Come on guys, it’ll be a real laugh, eh?” Arthur McCross, one of Draco’s fellow Quidditch players said, doing his best to convince one of the other Slytherins to join him. It was clear that he was a bit desperate to not have to do this ‘game’ alone, but Draco could understand. What he didn’t really get was why Art had even said yes in the first place.

“Sounds like you got yourself into a mess, McCross. You can handle it yourself, can’t ya?” Blaise Zabini spoke up, the faintest hint of amusement on his face.

“It’s not… a mess,” the redhead said less than convincingly. “I’m honestly just doing it because the kid does half my work for me, I dunno, maybe he’ll help you guys out too.” There was a moment of awkward silence as no one took the bait. Just as Art let out a sigh of defeat though, Draco spoke up.

“I’ll do it,” he shrugged, participating in the conversation for the first time.

“You will?”

“Yeah, why not. But you know you owe me one now, McCross,” Draco replied, smug smirk twisted on his face.

“Yeah, yeah, fine. Whatever you want. But me and you will be meeting Reynolds on Thursday to ‘make your character’,” the redhead said the last part mockingly, and it made Draco rethink his decision for a moment. How bad could it really be though? Especially if he got a favor out of McCross at some point for it, it was surely to still be worth it… probably.

----------------------

“Oh, Art, you brought, erm Draco,” The kid Ravenclaw, Judy Reynolds stammered as Draco and Art walked into the empty classroom where they’d be playing the game.

“I said I’d find someone else for you, didn’t I?” Arthur asked and Draco just raised his eyebrows at the shorter boy.

“No, this is great, we’ll have four players total, let’s get you set up,” Judy sat back down at one of the tables that he had clearly moved three other chairs around to make it five total. In front of him was a thick, leather bound book closed tight with twine. He had multiple sheets of parchment and some sheets of another type of paper that had been printed on. “Before the others get here we can plan your character. We’ll go over the rules as we play,”

(( Draco's Character ~ ddb.ac/characters/17517505/WtSL3S ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back