A roleplay to last forever (or something of the sort)

ApfelSeine said:
Are you suggesting that every player will all be in the same place at the same time and all interacting in the same conversation? It is more than just possible for what I suggested might happen to happen if characters are separated from each other at all. Even if they are in the same place, if there are separate conversations being held then one conversation will continue to progress while another is inactive for a period of time. Thus, time will be passing along with one conversation while another is stagnant.
If what you mean is to not progress time arbitrarily without consideration to other players, that makes sense, but it still won't work if players are progressing time at all. If two players are active in one conversation while two others aren't, time is going to be passing. It makes less sense to establish a clock like that and more sense to simply have the GM deciding what time of day it is.

I do not think the mechanics will work in practice, and may end up being more confusing than a single person simply stating the time of day.
hmmm....you may be right. I shall run by this by the other members once we have at least one more, and leave the matter up to a voting.

Idea said:
hmmm....you may be right. I shall run by this by the other members once we have at least one more, and leave the matter up to a voting.
That makes sense. Since I've never used such a method, I do not know for certain how effective it will be. I am having trouble seeing how it could work in practice, though perhaps others will disagree with me. If you do end up using it, I have no problem with that. I do think it's important to voice my opinion now instead of bringing it up later on after it's already been put into use xD

ApfelSeine said:
That makes sense. Since I've never used such a method, I do not know for certain how effective it will be. I am having trouble seeing how it could work in practice, though perhaps others will disagree with me. If you do end up using it, I have no problem with that. I do think it's important to voice my opinion now instead of bringing it up later on after it's already been put into use xD
but of course. I did ask, in the requirements, that people share their ideas. There is no need to hold them back. ;)

Idea said:
but of course. I did ask, in the requirements, that people share their ideas. There is no need to hold them back. ;)
Lol alright ^_^ Just to clarify, are we waiting for one more person before we start proposing ideas? Or will we start brainstorming anyways if a certain amount of time passes?

ApfelSeine said:
Lol alright ^_^ Just to clarify, are we waiting for one more person before we start proposing ideas? Or will we start brainstorming anyways if a certain amount of time passes?
if a certain amount of time passes (about a day since the start of this thread), we will begin the brainstorming with or without any further members.

I'm willing to give this a shot if you'll have me. I've not got too much experience with world building but I've had some fun with what I have done. I do have a rather busy schedule but I'll do my best to keep active.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, all!

Those criteria sound pretty darn reasonable.

In fact, I have been having a lot of trouble lately finding an rp that stood longer than a couple days, if it even made it past character creation. I would love to be a part of a group dedicated to creating a quality RP, as it seems you are looking for one more. I am quite a big fan of world building, too.

Regarding the passage of time, Having the GM progress time arbitrarily would likely be one of the best ways of keeping everyone on track. Using time stamps could still be warping time. Some people could be at 12 hours and 40 minutes, while others may be six hours behind. This could be fixed by equating real world hours to in game hours; 24 real life hours is 4 in game hours, for example.

As well, good idea with the content minimum idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mykinkaiser said:
I'm willing to give this a shot if you'll have me. I've not got too much experience with world building but I've had some fun with what I have done. I do have a rather busy schedule but I'll do my best to keep active.
Experience isn´t a requirement, especially since it´s actually preferable if people avoid using that as an anchor, whether by over-relying on others (so lacking input and pushing work onto others) or by getting full of themselves by stating their more experienced. As such, you very much welcome to our group.

CalamariHero said:
Hello, all!
Those criteria sound pretty darn reasonable.

In fact, I have been having a lot of trouble lately finding an rp that stood longer than a couple days, if it even made it past character creation. I would love to be a part of a group dedicated to creating a quality RP, as it seems you are looking for one more. I am quite a big fan of world building, too.

Regarding the passage of time, Having the GM progress time arbitrarily would likely be one of the best ways of keeping everyone on track. Using time stamps could still be warping time. Some people could be at 12 hours and 40 minutes, while others may be six hours behind. This could be fixed by equating real world hours to in game hours; 24 real life hours is 4 in game hours, for example.

As well, good idea with the content minimum idea.
Thank you for your interest and for the compliment. I will start the thread now.

@ApfelSeine @NinjaCat @billthesomething @PinkUnicorn @Mykinkaiser @CalamariHero I shall now begin the thread. I will tag you all when it´s up.

To begin with, the thread will have a small sheet to fill as a form of introduction, so we can all get to know each other better, and work off it to satisfy all members as much as possible. I will also be requesting some ideas on something you´d like to do (PM me with them), and will post my own initial ideas on a spoiler tab (don´t read it until I post everyone´s ideas, anonymously). Please note that these are not automatically accepted, they are simple proposals for us to get our brainstorm going in the first couple steps.

There will also be a link on this thread in case someone doesn´t get a notification or if someone wants to join and has not yet posted their interest in this thread.

I thank you all for your interest, and let´s create something amazing and lasting together! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back