• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom a roleplay by two dumbasses

MasterJuann

Hero society was nothing different from a business.

That was common knowledge--even the delusional dumbasses with pathetic fantasies about "saving people" knew it, too. It's why there were TV shows and amusement parks, advertisements for each hero's company, doll figures, entertainment cameos, and anything else you could think of. It was just for the fame and fortune. It's why there were still people begging for money on the streets, innocent people behind bars, and people who were abandoned to suffer as long as it wasn't publicized. The Heroes weren't really doing their job. It was all just one pathetic group of bastards circle jerking to the money they made by scamming people in need.

It's what fueled Dabi's every action.

Just knowing that he could make them suffer for their actions was enough motivation to stay with the League of Villains, even if having to work "under" a crusty man-child could get really fucking annoying. Every life he's taken was bringing him closer to the goal of dismantling their mask and cape bullshit. Every fight was in the name of cleansing this God-forsken world. It was his life's work--and he was doing a hell of a good job at it, too.

In his 3 years of being part of the League, they've reached a point of having strong, dedicated members--small compared to most organized crime groups, but that's how it should be. They didn't need snitches or anyone easily swayed. A small group was easier to control. Easier to monitor.

They may not have killed All Might yet, but his annoying ass is at least out of action, thanks to them. Nighteye and dozens of other heroes have died and even more are missing in action, meaning they are generously contributing to their ongoing Nomu projects. Since they took a step back from dealing with the snotty brats in high school, they've created a full-proof plan to take down the hero society all at once.

Crime in general been getting worse over the years; they're being committed more often, and the culprits have been becoming stronger and more difficult to catch.

Overhaul and his pitiful group have been taken down, but LOK has made sure that their work didn't go down the drain. Quirk enhancements and erasers are still a wonderful creation that they utilize. Cheap imitations of the drugs have since become popular and are now swarming among the population, and while LOK got the first batch out there, the rest has been managed by the countless of people who sell of their own accord. All it took was a little push from LOK and the people were doing the rest on their own--after all, humans are selfish creatures.

People are a uneasy because of the trouble all of this has been causing, and Dabi has been eating it up. He loves turning on the news to see flustered heroes under interrogation and pressure, just as much as he loves seeing the population notice just how often they're lied to.

"It's all under control!"

"There's nothing to worry about."

"The League of Villains has been completely inactive."

"We are taking every precaution to keep our people safe."

Ah, and his personal favorite...

"Leave it to the us!"

God, that's his favorite one. It's like they're begging for people to trust them more, so that when they're inevitably let down, it gets them even more riled up.

The first step to destroying hero society is getting rid of their supporters. It's how they get funding, and how they keep getting more heroes in the first place. Besides, even if they managed to kill every hero, as long as the people sympathize and like them, hero society will eventually be restored. It's no use if the villains are the only one that see its faults.

That's why, last year, they started outing them on their bullshit.

"Heroes" that have sold out to villains, "heroes" that have rejected people based on their status, "heroes" that have turned a blind eye to crime when it benefitted them--all of it has been slowly uploaded and spread online, leaving people to start doubting even the most trusted of saviors. The social trend of "canceling" is in full swing, much to Dabi's delight. It's only a matter of time before all of them are hated all together.

Finally, LOK is ready to to begin their next step: targeting the organizations. They need to get rid of every support system a hero can access.

That's why they were ready to add a few more villains to the group, although Shigaraki seems to throw a tantrum at every possibility. Dabi and Kuro have taken up the responsibility of choosing possible members on their own, since he can't suck it up like a regular adult.

Now, Shigaraki, Dabi, Kuro, Toga, and Spinner were lazying about in the bar as they stood before the 3 possible recruitments: Cloud9, Loose-Lips, and Controller.

The first was a college student they busted out of custody after she was arrested for successfully kidnapping and torturing a hero and 3 of their interns. She had a quirk that allowed her to manipulate people in their sleep. The second was a wanted man for several missing cases, with the ability to enlarge his jaw to be ten feet long and digest anything he consumes. The last one was an ex-hero that also has a villainous past, with the ability to control the strength of others' quirks. All of them were strong, but...

"Did Loose-Lips eat those people?" Shigaraki asked as he read the files provided, waiting for some sort of an answer. All of the recruitments had their arms tied behind their back and duck tape over their mouths, but Loose-Lips particularly had an iron muzzle to prevent him from using his quirk. He couldn't speak, so he just nodded, prompting Toga to gasp in that creepily-excited way she does

"Someone else who loves to taste people? How exciting~"

He ignored her.

"This Controller chick..." The man mumbled something incoherently and glanced up to the woman, sizing her up. "She's suspicious."

"I knew you'd say that," Kuro interjected from behind the 3 as they stood on display. He was the one keeping them in check for now. "However, I've done extensive research, and I can say with confidence that she's cut ties with all-"

"That's interesting, because I distinctly remember ejecting her, Kuro," Dabi piped up from the leather couch, legs crossed as he glared. "She's a graduate from fucking UA of all places, and her oh-so dramatic "villainous" past was just a rebellious stage in middle school."

"I understand, but I couldn't not ignore someone with such a valuable quirk. Besides, we weren't planning on letting the newbies in on our plans yet in the first place. I believe she has potential, given-"

"Enough. I'm not risking shit," Shigaraki said, staning up and raising one of his hands as he walked over to her. He ignored Kuro's attempts at calming him down.

"Wait! At least let me have some of her blood before you kill her! Don't be mean!"

"Fuck off, Toga."

"Hold on..."

Spinners words prompted them all to halt, with Shigaraki just about a foot away when he lowered his hand in annoyance. He clicked his tongue.

"Tch, what?"

"Kuro's right. She could be a lot of help with that quirk--besides, anyone who sees the evil in hero society first hand and takes it upon themselves to make a difference is worth showing mercy to. Stain would agree."

"Voldemort has been dead for years now, get over your puppy love already!"

"I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it again--stop calling him that."

"Or what? Did you forget who busted you out when I could've let you rot in jail to die?"

"Oh, please! We all busted Kuro out, too, but you never use that against him, do you?"

"Kuro doesn't act like a little-"

"Will you brats shut the fuck up?" Dabi finally groaned. He stood up and threw them both a lazy glare, before his eyes trailed over to the woman in question. He stalked over to her carefully, never breaking his threatening eye contact. Shigaraki rolled is eyes and took his seat again, waiting patiently for the alternative. He might be hot-headed, but he wasn't stupid. Even he could tell Controller might be worth it. So, for now, he'd let Dabi take the stage. Spinner did the same, although it was more out of respect.

Dabi stopped right in front of her before speaking. "You--Ms ex-hero. If you're trying to join us, then we gotta know your loyalty. So, tell me, what can you do to prove yourself?" A smirk played on his lips as he said this, leaving the impression that he just might already have something in mind. He ripped off the ducktape so she could speak and give an answer.

There was a reason he was doing this. There was a reason he allows blood to taint his hands and doesn't bother trying to wipe it off. There's a reason for each and every word of his that he allows scum from far and wide to hear him utter.

There was a reason for each and every choice he's made, and he'll be damned if he lets some washed up left-over wannabe get in the way of it. If she was really in this, he was going to put her through hell until he felt she was sincere in her motives and would pour all their hard work down the drain.

Remember, heroes could never be trusted.

"Heroes can always be trusted!" Amena recited with the podcast playing on her laptop, "if not, then they were never a hero in the first place!"

"Hey everyone, welcome back to All the Mighty, your favorite heroism podcast! As usual, we're going to start off with our acts of service highlight. Two days ago in Osaka, a middle school student saved a mother and her child as..."

"Oh, shit, I'm gonna be late." The girl quickly began stuffing her bag and checked the digital clock next to her bed one more time, wincing a bit. She had gotten carried away from the excitement this morning, and now she'll end up missing the train!

"...for his failure to capture a D-ranking vill-"

She quickly closed her laptop and stuffed it in her bag. She took one last glance in the mirror to make sure everything looked okay, and then ran out in hopes that she'd make in time.

Amena was about to start her first day at UA.

Unlike most universities, UA was strictly for training for aspiring contributors to the hero society--whether it was heroes themselves, people who wanted to go into management, or were pursuing technology, it was all catered towards using what you learned to help others. Luckily, this meant there weren't many extra annoying classes students had to take, since their time not spent in school was expected to be used on the field. However, most freshman--like Amena--aren't working yet, so they were also helping the newer ones find jobs. So, she was now on her way to get to campus two hours before class started and speak to the Career Counselors. She wanted a head start--that way, she can start working as soon as possible!

———

"That's not how this works."

The lady's words left Amena speechless as she stood at the front desk. Her jaw was left slacking open as they stared at each other for a moment, before the woman continued without waiting for a response.

"For getting our Freshmen out in the field, we have Scout Week. It's a month from now. We have 5 days of ongoing events dedicated to Freshmen performance, watched by any official Hero Agency that signs up. You get offers based on if they like you or not--this is supposed to be explained by your Professor, you know."

"Oh. I--I see. What events happen during the week?"

"Like I said, the head of whatever course your taking will explain this to you. Just wait until then--class haven't even started yet."

She seemed tired, and Amena felt a little guilty about pestering her for something that was probably common knowledge among the students.

"Oh, uh, I see. Sorry for bothering you..."

"Don't worry about it. Most Freshmen are clueless, anyway. Is that all you need?"

"Uhm, yeah. Thank you!"

"Mhm."

And with that, Amena was standing awkwardly in front of the main office, wondering what to do for two hours until classes started.

Your GaY sibling Your GaY sibling

"We need someone who has ties or relationships, good or bad with a villain/low life"

"We need someone who knows how to be bad"

"We need-" The Hero commission was trying to figure what Hero or Sidekick would be the best to go into the League of Villains as a spy. The group had been awfully quiet, and they wanted to know what was going on.

"You need me!" Miya stood up from the chair she had previously been in. She fixed her jacket and smiled. "I'm perfect for this mission. I have ties to some questionable people. I have a somewhat villainous past and I'm good at lying." She presented her case to a room full of heroes. She swallowed nervously. There were probably more qualified people but, she wanted to take the risk.

"She's right, she would be a good person to send in" Compusler, the hero she worker with piped up. A mutter of. " I agree." soon followed.

"Then I guess since she's the only person to make a case on why she should be picked. We will send her in as the spy." The head of the hero commission said.

Now, a few weeks later Miya stood in front of the League's headquarters. Her hero outfit had been traded for a black tank top, some black leggings, a lilac thigh holster, and her white belt. She had been told she should change up her looks if she really wanted to be seen as a Hero who was crossing sides. She had taken a few weeks before to reconnect with a few people she had met in her past and to cut off the very ties she had in her normal life.

"I promise, I cut off everyone I knew. I have seen the injustice in the hero society and I want to help with your mission after seeing it" She had memorized what she needed to say. "I want to help others realize how fucked up the justice system is. We need more people like you that work to show how crooked heroes really are!"

Miya was speaking Kurogiri, who was the most mature person in the league in her opinion. The man in front of her sighed "Look, I'm not the one you need to convince. You need to speak to Shigaraki." She knew he was going to say that, but she was really not looking forward to speaking with a villain she had once been opposed to.

Now, she was chained up, hands behind her back and duct tape on her mouth. If she could just get through the questioning process she would be able to achieve her goal of inflicting the league of villains. She took in the villains in front of her.

Toga was easier to read than the others, a young girl who was wronged for her 'villainous quirk.' Miya knew that with training the younger girl could be a good hero but someone had wronged her one too many times and her fate was decided.

Miya had read Shigaraki's files over and over again. She didn't believe his family's death was his fault, he was young he couldn't control his quirk. But when it came to him being a villain her support for him creased.

Spinner and Dabi were the two villains she knew little about, their files are brief there wasn't much Information on either' past or lives outside their villainous activities.

She didn't try to read kurogiri, she knew he was a nomu, what else did she need to know?

She sat up straight if she acted tough maybe that would help her performance. She could be imitating but that wouldn't guarantee she would get in with the league, she needed to be prepared to be who they wanted. Not only was her life possibly on the line but her career too, if she did this undercover mission correctly she could ride to the top but if she didn’t she would fall ungracefully to the bottom.

She watched as the scarred man walked up to her, she had ignored his gaze earlier but now she couldn’t, he was right in front of her, a smirk on his lips like this was all a game to him. And Miya knew it probably was, he probably counted his kills like a kid counted the money, the more the merrier.

"You--Ms ex-hero. If you're trying to join us, then we gotta know your loyalty. So, tell me, what can you do to prove yourself?" He spoke to her as she lifted her head to meet his eyes. She held back a flinch when he ripped her duct tape off.

She looked at him for a moment before looking at the other members of the league “I’ll give you secrets, release personal information on heroes, destroy property. But the question that matters more is, what would you make me do? I know I seem dishonest and distrustful but I truly believe what you are doing is correct. The hero society is fucked up and we need change, we need heroes to be seen as they really are. Coming from someone who was in the spotlight, we need change and you are doing it correctly. All of you have strong quirks. Toga, you would be perfect as an undercover hero, Shigaraki would be a great hero for rescuer with his quirk. But you didn’t fit the image the heroes wanted and now you’re fighting for a change. The change we need!” She spoke like she had this memorized. Her tactic was to aim in their personal lives, show them she knew the small details about the big picture, show she knew what she was talking about.

Miya took a deep breath before she started speaking again, this time more calmly. "I don't know what it will take to prove myself to you, but I will do anything. You know I'm powerful and would be a great addition compared to the two low lives next to me. I have valuable information, on Pro heroes of all levels. and the last thing that you may want to think about is my quirk. I could single handle take the whole league if I wanted. The two next to me would fail." She smirked slightly as she looked at Dabi
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Shoto Todoroki woke up like any other day, his alarm went off at the same time as always and he got up right away. He wasn't one to stay in bed for a long time after getting up. He went straight to the bathroom and take a cold shower to wake himself up before he went about his usual morning routine, he had the same routine since he was in middle school. He brushed his dual-tone hair after it had dried. He was trying to look as good as he could, it was his first day at UA.

While other Freshmen weren't working yet, Shoto already had a job with his father. The choice was not, but rather his father made him work with him. He would rather go without work for his whole schooling career at UA then work with his father, he had no choice

He was going to go to class early, so he could avoid any talks from his father. He was not in the mood for lectures about him needing to be number one or hearing about what expectations his father had for him, Endeavor was a tough dad to please, and Shoto knew that, and he had known that since he was young.

He grabbed his books and packed his backpack. He finished getting ready. He grabbed a protein bar to eat as he walked to campus. If his watch was correct, he was going to be about 2 hours early, but he would find something to take up his time. He had to go over some schedule issues, so that would take up a minimum of 20 minutes.

When Shoto got to campus, he headed to the main office. He needed to change what time he had a class because it clashed with the hours he worked with Endeavor. He walked in and went to the first person he saw at a desk.

"Excuse me, but I need to get a schedule change, I know it's only the first day but I really did the change" He pulled out a letter from his father that was explaining why he needed his schedule change.

The woman who had just dealt with Amena was not in the mood for another freshman. "I'll look into it but all schedules are final unless there is a big reason why it needs to be changed. Now please go wait outside the office for your class to start." She sighed.

"Okay, but if I don't get the change my Father will be mad, and you don't want to hear him upset." Shoto said

The lady nodded "alright just go" She grabbed the note and pretended to look over it

Shoto nodded "Thank you Ms, I really need my schedule changed." He said before walking out of the office. He slung his bag over his shoulder and walked out. He found the nearest bench and sat down before getting out his phone. He planned to aimlessly scroll on his phone till his first class started. He was happy it was too cold today. He leaned forward as he manspreaded out on the bench.

Cocky, aren't you?

Dabi listened to her silently, an unimpressed expression resting on his face. He seemed like he was watching her carefully to observe--or rather, to judge. Shigaraki was the first to speak.

"Ass-kissers are obnoxious," was his comment, voice dripping with annoyance. He glanced over to Dabi. "This is a waste of time. Move, I'll get rid of her."

"Hold on," Dabi replied slowly, raising his hand to make a pausing gesture. His eyes never tore away from Miya. "You said you'd give us all the information and secrets you have on heroes, didn't you? Then, if you want to be accepted, that's what you'll have to do. Of course, if you fail to comply, it means we won't take you in--and I'm sure you know where that leads."

Honestly, Dabi had already thought of what he wanted her trial to be, and it would've been pretty fun to watch--but she caught his attention with her offer. There would be other opportunities to toy with her, so it could wait. If she was actually telling the truth, this should be priority.

Amena glanced over to the person who just sat on the other end of the bench, and her jaw almost dropped to the floor.

Shouto Todoroki!

She distinctly remembers seeing him in viral clips of AU's sports festival a few years back, when she was a first year in high school. AU's freshman class had gotten a lot of attention that year because of the constant interaction with villains--but, even more than that, her cousin has talked her ear off about Endeavor and Shouto Todoroki in general. They're somewhat friends now, right? Todoroki-san and her cousin. Maybe she should introduce herself? She could make her first friend at school!

...nah.

He probably got bothered a lot since his Dad's a pro-hero and all. It was probably tiring.

Amena decided to pull out her phone and play a game or two instead.

Only a few minutes had passed before a teacher emerged from the administration office, carrying a some large boxes. They ended up falling not too far behind the students on the bench, prompting a short yelp from the woman. Amena shot up from her seat to look.

"Are you okay?" Amena asked as she rushed over, immediately beginning to help the teacher pick up all of the books and papers that fell. She looked at her nametag.

"Yes, although I'll be in filing hell now that everything's out of order," Ms. Suzuki laughed.

"Aw, sorry."

"It's alright."

"Maybe I can help? I have a couple hours befo--ah, Sensei! Behind you!"

The wind had picked up a few sheets of paper that were quickly being blown away.

Miya watched carefully, he wanted something from her. She couldn't decide what he wanted, but his actions showed he had something he wanted from her. She had been surprised when he stopped Shigaraki.

Miya kept eye contact with Dabi, she wasn't terrified of him or anyone in the room at the moment. She waited for a few seconds for a little dramatic effect before answering "I would love to offer the knowledge I have. Where to start?" She chuckled a little. "The heroes honestly have no idea what you're doing or planning." She started with something it wouldn't take a genius to figure out.

"I can give you actual information but I don't want these two" She looked at the two other wannabe league members next to her "Get them out and I'll tell you everything I know. I think that's a fair bargain, correct me if I'm wrong." She was playing risky but she knew she was playing her cards right. Her goal was to draw them in, show she was worthy of joining, and then she would report what she knew. Slowly feed the information she got from the league back to the Heroes until she could backstab them and end the group. Of course, that was only the plan, she needed to complete the actions for it all to work out perfectly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shouto had been scrolling through Instagram, wasting time when he heard the lady yelped. He turned back and saw the girl helping the older woman. He was just about to go back to his phone when the papers got pushed towards him by the wind. He got up and grabbed the papers.

"Here you go Ms.," He said and gave the papers back to the teacher. "I'm sorry all your papers got messed up. I hope you get them reorganized quickly."

He stood there a bit awkward after making eye contact with Amena, clearly, she was also a freshman. He debated introducing himself after the teacher walked away.

He put his hand out to her for her to shake "Shouto Todoroki, Nice to meet you. What is your name?"

He smiled, a little tensely, but still friendly enough to not be creepy. He wanted to make friends at UA, he did have some from AU but he was trying to expand his friend group from high school friends, now that he was attending college.

Although, he may not have the best social skills he did improve from when he first started high school at AU. He now looked at the girl in front of him, waiting for her to reply to his question of what her name was. He was expecting either one of two reactions. One, a shock reaction from hearing his name, or Two, she would start fangirling as some people did when they met him.

"I hope the rest of this 'valuable' info you have isn't like that one, or your head will be rolling on this dirty floor right where the rest of the heroes belong," Dabi threatened with a raised eyebrow. Of course they knew that the heroes had absolutely no idea what their plan was--it was fullproof.

When she requested for the others to leave, everyone looked to Shigaraki for his verdict. He stared at her for a moment, somewhat peeved at her attitude.

"Fine," Shigaraki eventually decided, nodding to Spinner. "They've already been accepted, anyway. Take 'em to get briefed."

Spinner complied, although he eyed the girl cautiously as he did so. The two other recruits were quiet as they left. Toga waved excitably at the man with his jaw trapped shut until Kuro had the three of them disappear with his portals.

"I think Loose-Lips is very cute~"

"Well, you'll be in charge of training him, so keep that enthusiasm," Shigaraki mumbled, sitting back down on one of the seats at the counter. Toga clapped with a wide grin.

"How fun!!"

Afterwards, everyone looked at Controller expectantly, some more visibly engaged than others. Shigaraki was practically glaring with annoyance, and Dabi was now leaning against the bar's counter with his arms crossed. His blank expression didn't move an inch, and neither did his eyes as they bored into the ex-hero.

"You talked all that shit up 'till now, so get to it before I lose my patience," their leader ordered from his chair.

Amena wasn't very sure about letting the teacher off on her own, but it seemed the woman was very adamant about not getting any help with the boxes. Hesitantly, the new student eventually decided to bring her attention to Todoroki as he spoke, somewhat surprised that he reached out first. From what she heard, he was a pretty quiet guy.

She laughed aloud at his strained expression.

"W-wait, sorry, sorry! I'm not laughing at you, I--actually, maybe a little. I mean, not at you, your facial expression, it just surprised me. I'm surprised, that's it!" she covered her mouth with one hand to stifle her awkward chuckling as the other shook his hand. "I'm Sano Amena. It's a pleasure to meet you, Todoroki-san--ah, Sensei, that's a wall!"

The teacher in question stopped short right before turning into cement, and thankfully managed to catch herself. Amena sighed with relief before a bit of laughter escaped once again, and this time, wasn't aimed at Todoroki.

"Let's help her out," Amena said with a smile, gesturing for her peer to come with her as she made her way over to Ms. Suzuki. She took one of the boxes from the top.

"Thank you," the woman sighed, a little disappointed that she couldn't do it on her own.

"It's no problem! I'll be here for a while before classes start, anyway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back