• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Rift Between [Closed]

Michelle made her way toward the stairs, but before she began her assent she glanced back over at the teleporter. She had a bit of regret settling in her mind.

'I came to college to get away...have some cool adventures...' she glanced up at the door leading to the party 'and that isn't adventure...at least not my kind.'

She glanced back at the teleporter with a smirk. 'Zach has everything handled anyways. I hope!' Michelle thought before quickly jogging onto the teleporter pad, clenching her fists, attempting to ignore the pain as much as possible, but still letting out a low groan through her gritted teeth, that ended with a sigh of relief once aboard the ship. "Maybe fourth time will be the charm." She muttered in pain while stepping off the pad.

Now that Michelle was able to get a good look at the ship she was awe-struck, but a bit overwhelmed. As she moved around the ship in quick pace to find the Doctor, she looked at everything with a sense of childhood wonder. It may have been a bit beaten up but she didn't care, it was still amazing.

She glanced in almost every room she could find, wanting to see what they had to offer, but also looking for the Doctor. Everything looked amazing but she didn't want to get lost, she needed to find the Doctor. However, in one room there was a fireplace, and a painting of a woman. It was so out of the ordinary that she had to investigate.

First she took a look at the painting. The woman was beautiful. Michelle stared for what seemed like forever before she broke the trance and made her way the the fireplace. It definitely didn't belong in the ship, it looked rather old, and untouched. On the other side there was a room, but she couldn't quite make out much of anything between the flames.

Needing to continue her search, she had to pull herself away. "I have to keep moving, I don't know where the fuck I am and don't want to get trapped."

Eventually, Michelle found a door with a sign 'Control Center' above it. "One, might have been a good idea to look for this room in the first place. Two, why do they use English?" Either way, she shrugged and entered the room, immediately feeling the huge temperature drop. She saw the Doctor messing around with the mechanics, beginning to look blue in the face. "Cowb..Doctor! Are you an idiot! You'll freeze in here!" She shouted wilts wearing far less clothing than him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The interruption came at the end, as his fingers were tinted blue and frost clung to his eyelashes. Each puff of air froze, but it kept the brain alive as he dismantled the nerves to lay them over motherboard.

He managed not to flinch when he heard the steps coming his way, and then when he heard the shout. He wiped his hands on his costume pants and then walked smoothly over to a cord. He pulled it, and the fixed up motherboard descended upwards again. The ship started to illuminate once it was in place, truly coming alive around them. The Doctor’s smile was full of joy, his own wonder there as he contemplated all the ways this ship would work out in the future.

He had always loved building things.

He turned his blue eyes back down to the short-haired woman, and laughed a bit, “Oh, don’t worry about me,” he said and walked towards her to lead her out with him, “Not human. The same temperature rules don’t apply to me,” he was still cold and shivering a bit, but he knew that he would be all right.

She, however, probably wouldn’t be if she stayed in that room any longer. “I got it all finished,” he sounded a bit giddy, “It should fly like new!” He wanted to see it.

He wouldn’t get to see it. He looked a bit distraught, though it was brief as he recalled who was with him, “Thank you. You and Zeus did a fine job of getting everything I needed for this. I hope you don’t hold it against these droids too much,” humans had a way with grudges. “They know nothing else,” and that was the truly sad part. The droids did not know enough to understand humans weren’t really parts.

Or that humans were more precious cargo than whatever they’d been carrying.

Oh well.

They made their way back to the teleporter, “Ready to return?” He asked her as it came into sight, assuming the only answer could be ‘yes’. It was time to get back and report to the droids, so they could leave and everything could go back to normal. The people at the party, anyway, needed them to do that.

Michelle paused for a quick moment before replying. "Uh..yeah, probably should get going."

Normally, any person would be happy to be done with this madness. However, Michelle was kind of sad to see it end. For once something interesting was happening to her. Yeah, it may not have been fun at the start, but everything turned out fine, and it was...fun.

Before getting onto the teleporter she took one last look around the ship. It's not everyday you get to be on board an alien ship and she wants to remember it.

A genuine smile slowly rose on her face. She turned to face the Cowboy, standing there silently for a moment trying to think of what to say. Quickly Michelle threw her arms around him.

"Thank you for saving me."

She gave him a little squeeze before letting him go, the soft smile still resting on her face.

"Let's get going, the droids probably wanna get out of here. We also need to tell Zach we're going to be okay!"

She stepped on the pad one last time. The pain still made her flinch, but she was starting to get used to it.

The Doctor waited for her, almost impatient, on the teleporter. He could see that she was truly fascinated by this, not scared, and it did please him to see that was her reaction. He crossed his arms over his chest as a small smile came to his lips, and in the silence he tried to see all of this through her eyes.

It had just been so long…or it felt that way, but didn’t it always? It was harder and harder to see the newness to things and delight in it, but he did love to see it in others.

He was surprised when she chose to hug him, and pinned his arms to his chest before he could react. He rocked back a second, and then laughed a little to himself. “You’re welcome,” he spoke with warmth. He would have returned the hug, but couldn’t. He let his hands drop back to his side once she released him, though.

The teleporter took them back then, and the Doctor gave her a nod before he ran up the stairs, taking them two at a time, to rejoin the others and get the droids out of there. Zach was still holding things together, it seemed, though the anxiety was now written plainly on his face. The Doctor guessed it must be close to dawn.

He found a table and quickly stepped up onto it, using a chair to obtain that height. He whistled, a sharp, piercing sound, that cut through the noise. All eyes fell on him, “Hello people of the Frat House!” He greeted them, the scared eyes, the hopeful eyes, the mechanical bodies. “The ship has been fixed,” he stated, “the clockwork droids are free to leave, without need of any more body parts.”

He could hear their gears as they thought. “Go check the ship,” one droid was directed, and it moved off to do just that. The others remained, the humans still their hostages until it was proven that the humans had no use to them. The Doctor didn't come down from the table.

A anxious hush fell over the entirety of the house. Everyone stared in all directions waiting for some kind of sign that all of this madness could finally be over. Michelle walked over to Zach and whispered to him,

"We did all we could, well he did." Motioning over to the crazy genius on the table. "If all else fails we could always try cracking some glass skulls." Trying to lighten up the tense atmosphere with a little humor. He only let out a short, quiet laugh as he was just ready to wash his hands of this entire situation.

Suddenly, the house begins to violently shake. People let out shrieks of terror and fall to the ground while items all around the house fall with them. It feels like this is the end, and friends begin to cluster together, hoping that they can make it out of this in one piece.

Seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours but the rumbling eventually subsidies. The room still stays hushed, everyone waiting for a sign that they had left. Michelle decided to slowly make her way over to the basement, as if she were trying not to wake them. Her friends tried to make her stay by them because they didn't want to lose her. But, she knew if their stuff wouldn't be there if they were gone.

Michelle opened the door a crack while everyones eyes were on her. She slipped through the door and carefully desended the stairs, avoiding the squeaky step. Taking a quick scan of the room there was nothing left.

'The rumbling must have been them leaving!' She exclaimed to herself as she ran back up the stairs to alert everyone. Michelle threw open the door and shouted to the house,

"They're gone!!!"

The whole house got up and broke out into a cheer so loud that everyone in the surrounding block must heard them. Michelle just stood there not knowing where her friends were in the mess, but smiling ear to ear knowing that everyone was safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back