• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi plot

AkuTheWolfOkami

The Shape-shifting Master of Goatees and Darkness
walkingdead_5x4_courtesy-696x387.jpg
(going without too much bbcode to save time and ensure readability)
The City.

This roleplay takes place in a fictional Post Apocalyptic Southern Metropolis. Think Atlanta. In this roleplay the city is mostly in ruins, though the buildings are all still there minus the ones damaged from natural disasters, but very few have running water and almost none have electricity. Most of the cities is divided into territories controlled by different factions. Each territories have their own "laws" written near the main roads that lead into their territories. There is also a constitution that the factions have agreed to that serve as overarching rules for the entire city.

The territories themselves are relatively safe and patrolled by guardsmen. Their backgrounds differ depending on the faction, for example one faction is ran by former military so they have former infantry do patrols while another faction is made up former law enforcement. Despite the city being divided into territories, there are some areas not covered by the territories and these areas see mass violence and crime. Though the constitution covers the entire city, including these zones known as 'No-Man's', the factions only get involved when it impacts them.

There are a group of vigilantes referred to as Rangers, made up of ex-Special Forces and SWAT members. They have a garrison set up on the outskirts of the city near the old Joint Forces base. They believe in martial law and will do things the way they feel they should, which means trying to keep peace throughout the city even in the No-Man's. They are referred to as vigilantes because the constitution doesn't officially recognize them, but they are respect (and feared). Since they usually only get involved with heinous things or things in No-Man's, people generally accept their enforcement as law.

This is the City of Beauregard....but....there's something I haven't mentioned.

The inhabitants of Beauregard can never leave the city. When someone tries to leave the city their body rapidly ages and deteriorates. In a matter of minutes they're reduced to nothing but bone. The same occurs when someone enters the city too. As soon as they step foot across the city limits. Animals suffer the same fate, though interestingly enough cooked food does not (but raw/unprocessed food does). Machinery from outside the city breaks down immediately (mechanical or otherwise), but machinery leaving the city does not. Though visible light can be seen in and out of the city, communication via satellites, radio etc. don't seem to work. Even if you're at the city limits and are speaking to someone outside of the limit, mere inches away you can not hear each other.

The city receives supplies in the form of supply caravans, which are received by the leader of the territories and distributed at their discretion. The Rangers also receive a caravan and they tend to distribute extra to people in need, particularly in No-Man's.

In this roleplay you'd play the role as a group of people from No-Man's trying to survive. There will be rules on your character's history, as I don't want many people with fighting history. You can know how to handle a rifle because you used to hunt in the countryside with your father/son. You will not be an ex military sharpshooter. In that scenario, you will be a relatively good shot, but you will probably not be able to consistently hit a driver in a truck going at 90 km/h the opposite direction with a consistent wind from 2' o'clock going at 15 km/h......you get the point.

That being said your group will have some established history before hand, so relationships are important but don't start making those until you're officially accepted. I will be taking on more of a DM role here, though I will have an NPC who will be indistinguishable from a PC, they just won't be in every scene.

The roleplay will start with the mentioned NPC arriving into the city on horseback and neither her, nor her horse suffer from the ill-effects of the city. The assumption is that her arrival location is near your settlement. Remember this has never been done before, so this should make your camp curious. How you proceed from there is up to your group. I won't tell you why she is there, because your characters will need to do the right things to get her to tell you.

This will NOT be a dice roleplay, but some of my decisions will be decided by a dice. I'll be transparent, those decisions will rely on some arbitrary number. Let's use the hunter example, if he's taking that shot described above I'd offer that shot as a difficulty of 18. Your character has some skill with a rifle, so i'd give them a +2 bonus. I'd roll the die, 16+ the shot lands where they intended to go. maybe 14-15, I say they hit their torso. And so on.

I am open for plot collaborations. I will admit though world building may be great and my overarching plotline might be ok, but I struggle with smaller plots, so the help will be appreciated. That being said there are some secrets that I will not reveal so if I deny your plot idea, it's because there's probably some conflict with something.

I am looking for 3-4 people, but will accept up to 6. I will post more about the lore when I garner enough interest. I do not want to waste my time writing it up to not have interest.

Last edited:
I might be interested. Would players be a part of one of these large factions? I suppose most of my questions are about the lore

I might be interested. Would players be a part of one of these large factions? I suppose most of my questions are about the lore

Hi, thanks for your interest.

The players will be apart of a settlement outside of the factions. However, they may have been apart of one of the factions in their past. This might come with its own set of benefits or consequences.

I'm here to answer all questions about lore so feel free to ask. If more people become interested, I'll write up a more comprehensive lore page.

Hi, thanks for your interest.

The players will be apart of a settlement outside of the factions. However, they may have been apart of one of the factions in their past. This might come with its own set of benefits or consequences.

I'm here to answer all questions about lore so feel free to ask. If more people become interested, I'll write up a more comprehensive lore page.
I think I would enjoy this. As of now mark me as interested! Maybe this will bump the thread some and get more viewers for ya.

I think I would enjoy this. As of now mark me as interested! Maybe this will bump the thread some and get more viewers for ya.
It seems like it did, thanks.

Since there are a few more interested, I'll mark up a more comprehensive lore page and Character Sheet and if you all are still interested, you can post characters at your liberty.

It seems like it did, thanks.

Since there are a few more interested, I'll mark up a more comprehensive lore page and Character Sheet and if you all are still interested, you can post characters at your liberty.

Would you want them posted in this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back