• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice A Pokemon Adventure

TommyGun15

Teh Scawyest Wulf
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please voice them here. If it's something private, let me know and I will PM you. If you have a problem with another player, please try to sort it out with them before bringing it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I'm STILL not understanding is why Trainers need Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution! It's not like they'll be fighting anything lol...All a Pokemon trainer really needs is Int, Wis, and Cha IMO. I know you didn't make this up. It's just...Contradictory to the way the games are xD That being said... *vigorously works on character*

Hmm... My one question is whether the point by system works the same way the d&d point by system does... But I guess it can't as stats here start off at 6 instead of 10...

folclor said:
Hmm... My one question is whether the point by system works the same way the d&d point by system does... But I guess it can't as stats here start off at 6 instead of 10...
The stats are still base 10. But they start off low to prevent overpowered characters.

KalenNighteyes said:
One thing I'm STILL not understanding is why Trainers need Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution! It's not like they'll be fighting anything lol...All a Pokemon trainer really needs is Int, Wis, and Cha IMO. I know you didn't make this up. It's just...Contradictory to the way the games are xD That being said... *vigorously works on character*
And I think you might be surprised how much fighting the trainers have to do themselves. That, and certain classes can actually use their physical bonuses to aid their Pokémon. Like Ace Trainers, who can add their Str modifier to the damage of their pokemon's attacks.

Okay, now I'm confused about the stats xD Do we increase stats from 6 or 10 then? In the Character sign up is says Stats start at 6.

KalenNighteyes said:
Okay, now I'm confused about the stats xD Do we increase stats from 6 or 10 then? In the Character sign up is says Stats start at 6.
That's right. Your stats all start at 6, with a -2 modifier in each. Then you add 28 points during character creation to the existing base of 6.

Oh, and I suppose it's worth mentioning that while your character can be as young as 10, they don't have to be a child. In fact, I encourage you to make characters that are at least in their 20s.

So...If I've worked my stats correctly...(I say if because I usually have a point buy calculator to use) then I will have a -2 on my STR as it's still a 6...

KalenNighteyes said:
So...If I've worked my stats correctly...(I say if because I usually have a point buy calculator to use) then I will have a -2 on my STR as it's still a 6...
Okay. So your Str Modifier is -2... That's not a big deal. :)

TommyGun15 said:
Okay. So your Str Modifier is -2... That's not a big deal. :)
Except on Str checks I have a -2 to the roll! xD Here...Check my math for me

STR: 6 (-2)

DEX: 10 (+0)

CON: 12 (+1)

INT: 10 (+0)

WIS: 13 (+1)

CHA: 13 (+1)

KalenNighteyes said:
Except on Str checks I have a -2 to the roll! xD Here...Check my math for me
STR: 6 (-2)

DEX: 10 (+0)

CON: 12 (+1)

INT: 10 (+0)

WIS: 13 (+1)

CHA: 13 (+1)
Yep, that looks about right. :) And don't worry, you gain new Ability points much more frequently than in Pathfinder.

TommyGun15 said:
Yep, that looks about right. :) And don't worry, you gain new Ability points much more frequently than in Pathfinder.
Alright...Now that I have the stats out of the way..Time to work on the basic character stuff. Oh...and based on those stats, I have 4 hp, right? xD

KalenNighteyes said:
Alright...Now that I have the stats out of the way..Time to work on the basic character stuff. Oh...and based on those stats, I have 4 hp, right? xD
Yep, that sounds about right. And don't worry, just try to avoid fights that your Pokémon can't win.

Oh, and of course there is one more thing. When you throw a Pokeball, you need Dex to calculate whether or not you actually hit what you're throwing at.

Oh god...I just realized something about the intro post you made, Tommy... Please tell me that there's not some weird smoke monster that's going to try and kill us all...

KalenNighteyes said:
Oh god...I just realized something about the intro post you made, Tommy... Please tell me that there's not some weird smoke monster that's going to try and kill us all...
No... Just a plane crash. Although why the plane crashed is something you'll have to figure out. :)

Tommy...need some clarifications...How do you determine AC? And is that Armor Class or Accuracy Check? And is Damage Base at level 0 a 1 or a 0? I'm a bit confused by all this haha

KalenNighteyes said:
Tommy...need some clarifications...How do you determine AC? And is that Armor Class or Accuracy Check? And is Damage Base at level 0 a 1 or a 0? I'm a bit confused by all this haha
Sorry... I was up writing it until 5 am, and it's kind of messed up. So each trainer has a Damage Base of at least 1 for all their attacks. AC is... weird. I suppose on the trainer stat block it's a bit of both. The way it works is that each attack has an Accuracy Check score to determine if it hits. A trainer adds their AC to the AC of the attack to determine the roll that the attacker must beat to land a hit.

KalenNighteyes said:
Hey Kalen, don't worry about the number crunching. I'm gonna be doing the bulk of that for you guys. Besides, I'm going to take some liberties with the rules, because honestly they are very confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back