• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A plot or two

Nocturnal

It didn't hurt that much, her death. Instead, it was much like the sting of a wasp; both sharp and acidic, yet the pain disappeared within a matter of moments- seconds even. But it was frightening, nonetheless. Though the pain had lasted for little more than a moment, the cold, however, was something that would never fade, nor would the lack of pigment in her skin return to its rosy hue. They were things she was forced to endure for the rest of her days, which would be an eternity and a day in her case.

But here she sat upon a fraying blue velvet window seat, gazing- no, glaring- out of the chipped arched window within the centre of the dust coated room. The oval chamber smelt of wood rot and damp mould, its ancient odour assaulting her nose with its stale scent as her index finger traced the dripping rain of the casement as though it were a connect the dots.

She squinted at the sun's weak rays of light, feeling a shielded warmth brush against the bridge of her nose as she looked up from her tracing and toward the rolling fields of emerald green. For a moment she could feel the grass beneath her feet, and the rain upon her face- oh how she wanted to feel the physical elements of the weather. Alas, the hope of doing such things was little more than a dream for this unbound prisoner.

As the clouds rolled in a much darker presence, than those of the cascading shadows upon the crumbling brick walls, made itself known. Lucian had silently entered the room, his silent footsteps pristine and graceful, much like a hunter stalking its prey.

"I thought I'd find you here," he growled unexpectedly, "alone, feeling nothing but sorrow for yourself." He was cruel with his words, ruthless, almost, as he mocked the young woman.

To no avail, his words failed to trigger a reaction. Guinevere looked away from the fields and back at the gathering raindrops upon the window, watching them stain the glass with an icy trail of their existence.

Lucian paused, sighed an irritated sigh, then took a few silent steps forward, “a shame, don't you think?”

She looked up, now, watching the rain create a distorted reflection of the male behind her. Those hazel eyes were the first thing she caught, how they glinted a devilish smirk toward her, taunting her. She looked away.

He shrugged his shoulders in unison with a gruff chuckle that slithered from his throat, shifted his feet, then placed his hands behind his back. "You will be safe here." He announced, "this is a sanctuary for people like you."

She could see him in the cracks of the glass, how his slicked jet black hair was pulled into a short ponytail and tied off neatly with a crimson ribbon. The way he stood with malice and pride. Oh, how she hated him, loathed him- but she could not stop thinking about him.

Hi, Hello​
I'm Nocturnal, or you can call me Nox (far easier to remember and fewer syllables). I am 23 years of age and live in the UK.

When it comes to Roleplays and plot making, I tend to look for a partner who is cooperative and reliant. This means my writing partners need to put the same amount of effort I put into the plot; this helps me to stay focused and interested in the RP. With that being said, please let me know if you no longer want to write with me, I won't be offended nor be upset about it- I'm quite understanding.

This leads me to saying, I will not just ghost a writing partner. I will give you a valid reasoning and explain why I no longer wish to write that specific plot- this is a no-ghost-zone

However, with that being said, I’m aware that sometimes trying to tell someone you’re no longer interested in the RP is daunting- I feel like that too sometimes! All I ask is that if you’d rather not tell me you wish to no longer write with me anymore, just leave the chats we’re in and I’ll completely understand! I would hate for someone to feel uncomfortable, but I’d also like to know what’s happening so I can reopen a search for sometime to write with :)

I love to get involved with OOC chats. It helps me to understand my writing partners and get to know them, which I find makes it easier to help with the fluidity of the RP.

Preferred Genres
  • Fantasy (medieval is probably my favourite to do) *currently craving something dark and gritty with this one!*
  • Dystopian
  • Apocalyptic (Not necessarily just zombies, but natural disasters etc) *currently craving something dark and gritty with this one!
  • Supernatural (Not to be confused with the TV show) (Not openly looking for, but would be interesting so come up with a plot for. Ive not ventured in this genre yet :) )
I have not included romance as I feel as though it should be a secondary plot line, meaning it will not be the focus of the RP. With that being said I am very much open to just platonic relationships.

Side genres would include anything gritty and dark, I love he realism and tension if this writing style. It also helps to develop my own OCs when faced with moments of horror and tension!

im also currently looking to broaden my writing skills by adding more darker themes into a plot, not necessarily triggering themes but something that gets the heart racing! The best example of this I can give is something with a bit of thrill/ horror feel to it

Literacy and Paragraph Lengths
I consider myself Literate. This means you should expect more than two paragraphs and descriptive pieces from me. I adore writing descriptive responses as it helps me to set the tone and picture the scenes, and what my OC may be feeling, of the RP. So you can expect knowing every little detail, from what my OC is thinking, to what they see.

I like to immerse myself into a plot, so I tend to get carried away with what I'm writing. This also means I like to go off of my partner's own creativity, using their responses as inspiration for my own.

What I will not write
  • Highschool or college plots
  • Neko and Master plots
  • Anything that involves over the top sexual content
  • Slice of life or plain modern plots
Partner Requirements
That you are at least 18+ (This is not to be taken personally, but I prefer my partner's to be my age or older. This is because I feel more comfortable with the level of maturity and understanding a partner my age would provide).

A sense of humour. Believe it or not, I'm not this formal when talking to someone in OOC.
Please shoot me a PM as I won't reply on this forum!

I hope you have a lovely day, and stay safe!

~Nox

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back