Other A Peaceful Discussion on Drama & My Thoughts

Pyosimros

☆☆☆
Hello there! Take a seat, we have much to discuss. 

Lipton_Kermit.png

I know I'm a lil' late in the game, and I haven't really jumped into this drama but just saying, when the drama's all done and it's water under the bridge with a lil' saltiness, don't go vague dissing the group of "SJWs" or whoever you want to rip apart for different viewpoints. This is in response to stuff that's been happening the past few days and...it's as hypocritical as fuck. "OH, I WANT THE DRAMA TO STOP," is what I see, but from actual actions after the conflicts are all over, I see otherwise. Being publicly salty over drama creates more drama. It's childish. Mmmkay? Okay. 

Ok, also if you need examples, I'll use someone anonymously. He said, "There is literally a gang of SJWs on this site and they make everything dreadful. They cause drama..."

'They cause drama', yet when the conflict is already over, you proceed to cause the drama by your words. I understand this is not all one-sided, and the other side with naturally fight back, yet all it takes is one spark to get everyone potentially banned. You, anonymous individual, nearly started another argument. Who's fault do you think that is? 

The second problem I see...are people jumping into conflicts with no context. I understand one would naturally like to protect their friends, yet one doesn't have to be so one-sided. The other side isn't fighting for no reason. They aren't moustache-twirling villains; they are people like you and I. If you see why the OTHER SIDE started before you jump into the fray, you may think otherwise. JUST SAYIN'. I have many examples of this, yet if I list them, it will remove my indifferent status on this subject. 

Another problem, are people purposely pushing the wrong buttons. If you continuously do the exact same thing the other side condemned you for, don't go doing it again. It's like that bully that keeps shoving you even if they had already gotten in trouble: JUST STOP MAN!! If you do it whilst putting yourself on a high pedestal as "the good guys", you're no better than the side you hate. As with war (I know this isn't even close to war), there is no "good guy" unless we're talking about true moustache-twirling villains.

That's my take on everything. It's not an attack on anyone, and I'm sure I'll get a couple of hateful PMs. But here's a request in vain: let's talk this out peacefully. 

Last edited by a moderator:
First "peaceful discussion" is a term that makes me laugh. Most people don't even know how to hold a real discussion, much less a peaceful one (doesn't exist, since a discussion by nature requires conflict). 

Sorry, had to get that out of the way.

now, as I am sure a lot of you agree, it is quite true a statement you make here. However I'd like to point out that there IS another approach called "moral support". There is nothing wrong in going in without context and saying "dude don't worry it's fine". No problem in saying "stop the drama and look at how good things actually are cause X Y and Z". No problem in trying to dissuade people from just giving up on humanity, on life, on themselves through thoughtful arguments even if they sting. 

Is this most cases? I don't think it's the usual approach to a lot of things. But it's a side I don't think you took into consideration in your above statement.

Salt.jpg?

Can someone here give me the op's tl;dr?

Last edited by a moderator:
i imagine this is exactly what pyo looked like when he posted this

View attachment 195281

Naaahhh it mostly just involved this:

giphy.gif

First "peaceful discussion" is a term that makes me laugh. Most people don't even know how to hold a real discussion, much less a peaceful one (doesn't exist, since a discussion by nature requires conflict). 

Sorry, had to get that out of the way.

now, as I am sure a lot of you agree, it is quite true a statement you make here. However I'd like to point out that there IS another approach called "moral support". There is nothing wrong in going in without context and saying "dude don't worry it's fine". No problem in saying "stop the drama and look at how good things actually are cause X Y and Z". No problem in trying to dissuade people from just giving up on humanity, on life, on themselves through thoughtful arguments even if they sting. 

Is this most cases? I don't think it's the usual approach to a lot of things. But it's a side I don't think you took into consideration in your above statement.

Mmm, true, true. Yah, I fully agree with what you said. I didn't really think of that at that particular moment. >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back