• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Padawan’s Choice, a Jedi’s Path

(Private with ApolloDelphi ApolloDelphi , thanks again to RPNation for giving us a home to belong again.)

A long time ago,
In a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS
A Padawan’s Choice, a Jedi’s Path

The galaxy is in ruin. It has been four years since the transmission of Order 66. The Jedi have been nearly wiped out and the Empire is completing their extinction. The empire has begun the inquisitor purge and the few remaining Jedi are being hunted down by the dark Jedi inquisitors.

The remaining Jedi are forced into hiding or a life always on the run. For them, even when you feel safe, trouble is soon to follow...

An outdated republic transport vessel is under attack by an Imperial star destroyer. An escape pod launches as the last sight Apollo Delphi sees is his Jedi master, Master Icarus, ignited his lightsaber to face off against an Imperial inquisitor. Now the vessel was fading in view through the small window in the escape pod. Suddenly the pod shook violently as blaster bolt from a nearby TIE fighter hit its mark. The pod began spinning rapidly as the guidance thrusters tried to counter. Apollo’s pod hit the atmosphere just then causing alarms to go off. Apollo blacked out as he hit his head against the console.

The pod righted as the thrusters regained control as it cleared the atmosphere. Unable to slow down quick enough the pod crashed into a sand dune, sending sand flying and causing a cloud of dust that could be seen for miles.

Ten minutes before...

Lights and sirens flashed throughout the smuggling vessel. A clone commander with a deep scar on his neck turned around in the captains chair. “They’ve latched on! They’re boarding us. Be ready Jedi!” Commander Atto exclaimed as he got up picking up two blaster pistols. A tall man in old Jedi robes removed his cloak and let his hand fall to his side where his lightsaber hung at his waist. “We can no longer make the jump. The three of us should make our way to the escape pods while we have the chance.” Master Icarus said. Just then a large sound caused the entire shuttle to shake. “No time general. I’ll hold off the blasted purge troopers.” Master Icarus thought for a moment before nodding and shaking the mans hand. “Thank you commander Atto for your service, it’s been an honor.” Icarus confided before turning and walking towards the escape pods gesturing for Apollo to follow. “The honor is mine general. It’s only because of you that I even got a chance to live this life.” Atto said as his fingers traced the scar on his neck where his control chip used to be. “Apollo, you take care of yourself and your master. You are the future of the Jedi, remember your training and most of all, stay alive. Apollo nodded. He was seventeen years of age and this clone as well as his master had been his only company for the last four years after the empire took over. Apollo was a tall boy of about 6’2” with an olive colored skin and blonde hair. He had green eyes and truly looked native to his home planet of Naboo. “Thank you commander. As soon as we are away make your way to a pod to join us on the surface.” Apollo said as a feeling of dread came over him. He knew this would be the last time he saw this man. Remembering his training Apollo cleared his mind and took off after his master. Waving one last time to Atto. As he rounded a corner he gave one last glance back as doors opened and he saw the unmistakable glow of a red lightsaber. He heard some blaster bolts fire, but they stopped mere seconds later and all that was left was the sounds of footsteps following patiently. Apollo quickened his pace until he arrive at the room with his master. Icarus has hastily packed two backs and tossed one to Apollo. “Get in my padawan we don’t have much time.” Icarus instructed. Apollo grabbed his bag and stepped into the pod to start the launch procedure. “Master it’s ready let’s go-“, just then an imperial inquisitor dressed in all black with helmet to mask, rounded the corner. “Going so soon?” A female voice said through the mask as she ignited her crimson blade. Icarus turned and force pushed Apollo into the pod and proceeded to slam his fist down on the computer terminal out side, shutting the door between master and apprentice. “It’s up to you, trust in the force. I’ll find you if I make it out of this. Goodbye my padawan. May the force be with you.” Icarus said in finality as he ignited his own yellow blade turning to parry the first attacks. It was at that moment Apollo’s escape pod jettisoned out to start its descent.

Present time...

In a nearby out post, radios buzzed alive as scavengers announced the new prize of salvage.

At a makeshift cantina in the middle of a Scrappers yard, young Oakly Talon savored his meal and drink, spoils from yesterday’s bounty of salvaged parts. The Planet of Jakku was almost always bombarded with scrapped ships, usually from the last few years of the Republic’s fall. Oakly had made this a home for the last four years, but not by free choice. Nearby him, a few other Scrappers laughed and joked with their drinks. Suddenly the tent went quiet as radio chatter about falling debris passing through the atmosphere, estimated to land several clicks north of them. Immediately several of the roughest looking Scrappers began racing out to their speeders, a rare occurrence for new debris like this, but common for many to want to be the first on site. Fresh scrap tended to fetch a better prize. At 6’1” with a good athletically fit build and agility, Oakly chose the safer bet to wait some time before going out himself. Besides, some of these Scrappers managed to work in pairs or more. Suddenly he felt a wave of pressure hit him without warning, an all too familiar feeling, something he had closed himself off to some time ago. Another radio chatter explaining the first of the debris had made impact, and with that, his fist hit the bar counter in frustration.

Four years prior on Jakku...

A large wooly Shistavanen, Master Lykos of the Jedi Order, prepared a small ship for take off. With them complete, he headed out to see his young padawan standing by, “Alright young cub, the temple is sending off a distress signal, but our mission here still stands. I’ll come back as soon as I am able.” He said encouragingly as he patted the head of a much younger Oakly, nearly a year into his field training as a Padawan. Oakly dipped his head obediently, “Yes Master, I shall remember all you’re teachings and apply them as needed. Also I’ll try to save some of the action for your return.” He added with a slight smirk. Lykos bellowed a chuckle as he rubbed the Padawans head, “Thats a good cub, may the force be with you.” Oakly nodded, “May the force be with you, Master Lykos.”

It wasn’t long after that when Oakly felt a heart wrenching grip in his chest, feeling like his entire world went upside down. Deciding to check the distress signal again, he found a warning from Jedi Master Obi-Wan, saying all Jedi to stay away from the Temple. Knowing what his pain was now, Oakly calmed himself and tried to remember his Master’s teachings. After some time had passed, the Empire appeared on Jakku, along with a Force Sensitive he had an awful feeling about. Fearing discovery, Oakly cut himself off from the Force, and kept his lightsaber hidden. Using the planet’s infamous Scrapper Job as a cover to hide himself.

Meanwhile, shortly after the destroyed ships debris all landed, Scrappers began ravaging across the burning metal. One of the smaller lesser men shouted out finding an escape pod among the wreckage, as he looked back, a laser shot skimmed his right arm. Screaming pain, the smaller Scrapper scrammed back into the rubble. On high alert, the other scrappers started to turn on one another in argument at first, then Oakly slid into the fray wearing his hood up. Wielding an older Amban Sniper rifle, Oakly fired a non-lethal burst into the chest of another Scrapper. Switching to a more direct approach, Oakly held his rifle like a staff and hit a third Scrapper with the two pronged tip of his rifles barrel, delivering a heavy shock to incapacitate him. Feeling who the true enemy is, the rest of the Scrappers converged on Oakly with their melee weapons drawn. Taking a deep breath to control his breathing, Oakly felt his muscles move as if experiencing a sense of deja-vu.

The sounds of fighting woke Apollo from his unconscious state with a jolt. His head ached but he knew he didn’t have any time to waste. He imagined it was scrappers outside, his best plan of escape would be to skip out during the commotion. Carefully he released the door hatch and began to slowly lift the door. A familiar feeling of the force washed over him as he began to understand the scene around him. The group was converged on one fighter who was holding his own with ease. Apollo could feel the pull of the force within the man and him movements clearly were influenced by Jedi training. As the last of the scrappers fell into the dirt Apollo stepped out of the pod letting his hand fall to the side of his hip where a double bladed lightsaber rested. Apollo wore pieces of a set of clone armor dating back to the clone wars, the pieces were placed over his Jedi robes and resembled what a Jedi general would have worn during that time, specifically, Master Icarus. “Who are you?” Apollo asked breaking the silence as he swung the bag of supplies his master packed over one shoulder.

Oakly dropped the last fighter with ease before slinging around his rifle as he spun around, taking a quick aim and firing a single blast into the back of a running scrapper. Upon hearing the voice, Oakly turned feeling a familiar sense. It took him a few seconds, searching his memory as he stared at the young man, no older then he was. Then it hit him, a blast from the past, five... maybe six years ago. “No way... Oh son of a- Really? Wait how did you-... What happened?” He asked throwing back his hood, revealing himself to his old colleague. After he spoke, an Imperial Starship began it’s descent past the planet’s atmosphere, a few ships could already be seen departing from the massive Starship. Oakly kicked an unconscious scrapper in frustration, “Fantastic, well come on! We gotta make tracks, and fast!” He said quickly as he started running for one of the speeders, they would steal one of the other scrappers since Oakly had to park his a ways away.

“Oakly Talon?” Apollo said dumbfounded, taking a second before running after him. He chose not to mention anything about Oakly kicking the unconscious man. The two had grown up attending then Jedi academy together. They were separated when Apollo was pulled for sentinel studies, but the two still had been close friends at one point in time. “That is an inquisitor ship. The two flanking must be flown by the purge troopers.” Apollo explained. Inquisitors were dark Jedi whose sole purpose was to hunt down surviving Jedi. Purge troopers were an elite group of storm troopers who assisted the inquisitors. The imperial ships passed overhead. The specialized ship in the middle seemed to slow down for a second. Apollo felt an unnatural sensation, as if someone was staring right into him. “I’m sorry old friend I wasn’t expecting this. We have to move quick, do you have a ship?” Apollo asked. Had he been given more time Apollo would have sent Oakly away to preserve his cover, unfortunately the two were definitely seen together and their future was now intertwined.

Oakly hopped into the first speeder with two seats, firing it up quickly and sped off as soon as Apollo was in. “Not worth worrying about it now Appa Deli, just focus on running and hiding. The last Inquisitor I saw turned a town into a graveyard by himself, so I opt for staying out of combat.” He yelled over the engine as he pushed the speed limits a little more. His rifle lay next to him, the stock a little bulkier than normal for a sniper rifle.

“Appa Del- you know what nevermind, I’m going to take that as a no on the ship and that we have a lot of catching up to do.” Apollo said quickly. He felt something that urged him to look back. Two imperial speeders could be seen in the distance steadily getting closer. “Looks like the outpost dispatched two speeders! Try and lose them in that chasm!” Apollo shouted over the roar of the speeders engine. The speeders were getting in range. Apollo snatch up Oakly’s rifle and took aim. “I’m going to borrow this.” He said hastily as he fired a shot that hit the trooper on the right square in the chest disintegrating him completely. The speeder on the left swerved to dodge the crashing speeder and fired a few shots of his own. One of the laser bolts hit the engine of their own speeder causing it to begin to sputter violently. “That’s not good, I’ll see if I can do anything.” Apollo whipped out a tool from his belt and began working until a second bolt connected with their speeder, the impact knocking Apollo back into the seat. The speeders engines cut out with an explosion and they began to skid across the sand riding a dune all the way into the chasm. Apollo leapt from the speeder whipping his lightsaber around igniting it. Mid flip Apollo slashed the front of the speeder cutting off the nose. The remaining trooper spun off rapidly colliding with some boulders in a fiery explosion. As he land in the sand he looked down the dune to see the speeder come to a halt. He jogged down rejoining his unlikely ally.

Shaking his head clear, Oakly grabbed his rifle and got out, “That could have gone progressively worse.” He started as he saw Apollo coming to him, noticing the lightsaber. Suddenly a terrible sensation fell upon Oakly, causing him to rub his forehead, “Aah! This can’t be good.” He said as the Imperial Ship from before loomed over them, “And that certainly can not be any good, period.” Oakly added sarcastically, brandishing his rifle at the ready, as the ship’s docking bay opened up. Glancing behind him at the ongoing chasm of rocks, Oakly started to run to them, “Come on, we can at least make sure the ship can’t follow!”

Apollo narrowed his eyes focusing on Oakly, noticing him wince in pain. Saving his questions for another time. He could feel the beads off sweat dripping down his face in the Jakku heat. His old clone general armor was not helping much either. He wasn’t even sure himself why he wore it. His master had raised an eyebrow, when he expressed interest in it but never said anything else on the matter. Snapping back to the moment, Apollo saw the ship fade from view but after searching his feelings he could only sense danger ahead. “We’re not out of this yet, I’d suggest using what you’ve hidden in that rifle.” Apollo said as they ran. They entered a large opening in the Chasm that dropped off into a deep pit in another several meters. They weren’t alone. Standing in the center of the opening was the very inquisitor that boarded Apollo’s ship. She cackled a maniacal laugh. “Little Jedi, how nice of you to bring another plaything.” She hissed through her mask. “This place will make a nice grave for you two.” She said as she ignited her crimson blade. The hilt had the signature inquisitor round guard allowing the blade to spin rapidly around the hilt as well as function as a traditional saber. Apollo took a step in front of Oakly. Brandishing his own saber he ignited both ends with a twirl before settling into a defensive stance. The twin sapphire blades hummed softly giving Apollo a sense of strength.

Oakly sighed indifferently at Apollo’s mention to his rifles stock, guessing he couldn’t have hidden it any better. Once they were ambushed by the female Inquisitor, Oakly felt no other option once she ignited her crimson blade, and Apollo responded with his own. Tapping the bottom of his rifles stock, a compartment opened and out slid a small silver hilt. Taking the hilt in his right hand, and holding his rifle like a staff in his left, Oakly ignited his emerald green blade, his stance showing how rusty he was. “No sense in hiding it, but I’m a little out of touch.” He said intensely, trying to prevent himself from falling into fear.

“Just back me up, we have the advantage.” Apollo said cooly before attacking in a high arc. The inquisitor easily parrying the two becoming locked in lightsaber combat. Apollo twirled his blade around forcing her on the defensive. “You’re not half bad Jedi, better than most I’ve slain in the past few years. Lord Vader May have use for you if you submit to me.” She hissed. Apollo kicked back to compose himself. The name Vader commands fear all over the galaxy now. “I will never submit to the dark side.” He replied before he charged. “Pity.” She replied. Then with amazing speed she twirled kicking Apollo in the face putting him in a daze. In A quick follow up move she sliced his blade in half causing one of the blades to sputter out and threw him into the rocks with the forced. Apollo’s body fell into the sand with a thump as he struggled to rise. Now the inquisitor turned her attention to the other. “Now you don’t look like a typical Jedi.” She cackled mocking his form.

Oakly gripped his weapons, resisting the urge to give into the panic, “My apologies, I don’t mean to be a disappointment.” He rushed in, swing his saber with a clumsy ark, and to his expectation the Inquisitor easily dodged. This continued for his next few swings, dodging or deflecting them with minor effort. On his last swing, he stumbled past her. However, Oakly used his bare instinct to position his rifle and fire at the ground, the kickback gave him enough momentum to build off of. Oakly came rearing back with a follow up swing, but even if it caused a momentary sense of caution, he fell short of his target. Missing the Inquisitor’s face.

The female inquisitor was smiling behind her mask even if it couldn’t be seen. “I almost feel bad slaying someone as troubled and pathetic as you.” She said as her arm slashed quickly, as Oakly recovered. Her blade hit its mark and the small electrical explosion that followed tipped the scale greatly in her favor. At Oakly feet lay the top half of his saber. Using the force she ripped the gun out of the boys hands and threw it far into the sand out of reach. “Only almost though-“ the dark Jedi was cutout as a force push sent her staggering toward the side, in the direction of the pit. The inquisitor was far more skilled though, she quickly found her footing and began advancing slowly against the push of the force.

Apollo was on his feet again near Oakly. The remnants of his lightsaber hung at his waist. Obvious strain was visible as he struggled to push the enemy back. “I know it’s personal but if you could sort out your issues about the force it would be greatly appreciated.” He said trying to remain on the side of hope.

Oakly looked on in shock, fear gripping at his heart, all sense of his past few years struggling to come to terms with the situation. “I... I just-“

Five years earlier, Jedi Temple Training grounds...

“Relax young cub, the Force is not something you grapple with, it is life. Let it flow through you, bend with it, give into it.” Master Lykos spoke as he walked around a young Oakly meditating, the parts of a lightsaber floating before him. Oakly strained his eyes close, “Master, I feel myself getting agitated, resentful, I don’t know if I ca-“
“Then feel something different, happiness, and love, emotions that are positive. The Jedi code teaches us to Protect Peace, for that we are stronger in wanting to bring and preserve Peace. Living things are often at their greatest Strength when Protecting what they hold most dear to them. Emotions are not always our greatest enemy, they can also be our greatest Strength. At least, this was something Master Qui Gon once told me. So, what do you want to Protect?” Master Lykos told him in return. Oakly nodded, exhaling an easy breath, the lightsaber parts beginning to form together. Simultaneously, Oakly opened his eyes as his saber ignited an Emerald Green blade, giving his blue eyes a dazzling glint.

Present time...

A sudden change in the air erupted as pebbles and dust began to rise off the grounds surface, Oakly was shaking as he tightened his grip and tears floated off his face, “I’ll... I... I WILL PROTECT MY FRIENDS!” Oakly yelled as he opened his hands and thrust them forward, unleashing every fiber of his being into a massive Force wave, flowing along with Apollo’s and slamming into the Inquisitor with such destructiveness. The power behind it, from both of the young Jedi, carried her clean off the ground and casting her into the pit behind. Any ground for her to grab was blown apart by the sudden burst, crackling away into the darkness below. Feeling himself drained of energy, Oakly fell weakly to his knees, his broken lightsaber hilt rolling away from being dropped.

Apollo blinked in shock at what had just happened. He wasn’t sure if he had ever felt such raw force power. From his time at the academy with Oakly he hadn’t ever witnessed anything like that. “Friends huh? You didn’t even remember my name.” He said walking over to the edge of the pit looking down into the darkness. “We won’t be seeing her anytime soon, but the empire will be closing in in no time. We need to move, any ideas?” He asked as he fumbled with his armor, shedding pieces and tossing them into the pit. In no time he was in simple robes to attract less attention. The clone armor wouldn’t do him any good anymore.

Oakly stared blankly into the dirt, voices flooded his head until Apollo’s question broke in. Shaking his head, “The closest outpost shouldn’t be too far away, we made some ground before going down here.” Oakly stood up weakly and tapped at his wrist, it took a few hits before his wrist guard showed a holographic map of the surrounding area. Turning around to look ahead, “This way, if we hurry we can catch a ship there and get off this ro-“ He stumbled weakly as he took a step, catching himself and standing over his broken lightsaber hilt. “We’re gonna need new lightsabers, and some more training too.” He said attempting to straighten himself up again.

After a grueling trek across the desolate surface of Jakku, Apollo and Oakly approached Scavenger Outpost 72. Luckily for them, there were several ships in waiting. Two cargo freighters, a small transport, three marked Scavenger ships, and a single freighter. Oakly attempted to catch his breath, “We’ll need something fast, and see about working with the pilot instead of stealing. Most Pilots don’t come here if they’re afraid of danger. They’ll be well equipped.” He said between breaths, speaking from his years of experience in learning the culture here.

The streets were bustling. Most of the inhabitants were dragging piles of scrap to vendors hoping to make a living. “Well first things first, we should probably check the cantina. Any pilot I’ve ever met would be there, if not someone could probably point us in the right direction. We should try to find on of those freighter pilots, they’re more likely to avoid empire checkpoints and blockades than a transport vessel would.” Apollo said as he carefully observed his surroundings. He passed by a man and a jawa having a verbal dispute with a street vendor but kept walking. A few steps later the unmistakable sound of an empire transport roared above as it came in towards one of the docking stations. “Prompt as ever. We need to make this quick, I’ll follow your lead since you’re at home here.” Apollo said with a half smile. He was going to stick out like a sore thumb if he tried to negotiate with anyone here.

Oakly glanced around, “Truthfully I’ve only been to this particular outpost a few times over the last four years...” His voice fell off as he examined the odd duo they’d past by, seeming to have settled whatever dispute with the vendor. The Man verily looked the part of a lone pilot, though the Jawa was odd, usually they kept with their own kind in groups. With no other option, the closest choice was them, and there was also this allure to them. Oakly couldn’t quite put it to words, but he had feeling these two were their best option. “Excuse me!” He blurted out as he started towards the Man and Jawa, he stumbled a little, still roughed up from his previous battle. “My name is Oakly, this is my friend Apollo. By chance, do you have a ship, and are leaving like... in the next few minutes? Or now?” He asked quickly, throwing a thumb and Apollo to introduce him. There may have been just one imperial transport, but they needed to leave now before more, or worse, arrive.

As if on cue to Oakly’s words, two more imperial transports flew overhead before breaking off heading to different edges of the outpost. ‘They’re surrounding the city.’ Apollo thought to himself. The pilot looked at each of them sizing them up with a curious gaze. “Tekkit, why don’t you go make sure everything is in order on the ship. I’ll discuss Athen’s business here.” The man said. “I need to pick up one last thing walk with me.” He said turning on a heel. “The name is Kastor, I hope you know it’ll cost you extra for the rush. “5,000.” Apollo chimed in immediately after. “I’ll pay you six to skip your errand.” Kastor laughed. “Six it is, that’s my ship over the-“ Kastor stopped mid sentence as they all saw what surprised him.

The initial imperial transport had unloaded and Storm troopers were making their way through the crowds pulling back hoods and pushing people aside. Past them two troopers stood guard at the entrance to the loading docks. “Friends of yours?” Kastor asked sarcastically. “We aren’t getting past them.” He added. “I’ll take care of it, get that ship in the air.” Without hesitation Apollo picked up a rock and hurled it at one of the troopers hitting him in the helmet before darting down an alley. “Stop that scum!” The trooper yelled and he and the other guard ran after him. “Your friend must be the reason you’re in trouble.” Kastor laughed patting Oakly on the shoulder as they jogged to the freighter.

The little Jawa, Tekkit, threw his hands in the air and shaking his head. He spoke a few curses at Kastor as he head towards the bay, where their ship lay.

Oakly sighed, but nodded half in agreement, “You could say that, yeah.” Walking along with Kastor, Oakly felt a sense of being unburdened, like he was in safe hands. Which felt odd, considering it was a feeling he was not used to.

Meanwhile, at the Athena. Tekkit let a massive charge rifle rest on his shoulder, two Storm Troopers lay motionless on the ramp of the ship. Tekkit then sighed and muttered a few more curses as he started to drag the bodies off the ramp.

As the Athena’s engines roared to life it attracted more attention. The troopers routed to close in on them. Above them a star destroyer entered the atmosphere. “Friend or not it’s time to go, you have the credits right?” The silence told Kastor all he needed to know. “Damn kid, I’ll keep the ship low but we aren’t waiting long!” He yelled back as he ran to the cockpit.

Apollo darted through the streets winding through alleys whenever he could. He was doing well until he rounded a corner and was staring at several rifles pointed directly at him. Thinking quickly he dashed to the side and up stairs leading to the rooftops.

Tekkit was already in his seat, flipping switches and running through the usual maintenance. Upon hearing Kastor enter the ship, Tekkit screamed back for him to hurry, as the Imperial Cruiser entered the atmosphere above them.

Oakly stumbled onto the ship and leaned on the wall next to the loading doors, “Come on Apollo...” He whispered hopefully.

Last edited:
Kastor rushed to take his seat next to Tekkit. "Alrighty buddy let's work some magic. As soon as the cargo bay closes I want full shields we have a blockade to break through.

Blaster fire blazed by Apollo as he vaulted from roof to roof. He could see the ship hovering nearby and Oakly standing on the ramp. He felt the force flow through him as he called upon it in his jump. He landed in the doorway a little less soundly than he wanted to. Nevertheless he found his feet and yelled to the pilots. "GO!" As he hit the control to close the ramp.

Kastor accelerated, rocketing up towards the atmosphere. Ahead of him the Destroyer started swarming as it scrambled Tie-fighters. "Hope you kids can shoot as well as you make enemies. Get on the guns!" He called back to them. Kastor began flying evasive maneuvers as the devastatingly fast tie-fighters were already closing in.

“Next time I get to choose who we take as cargo!” Tekkit yelled as he engaged the ships shields. Oakly stumbled with Apollo towards the ships gun cockpits, practically falling down the hold to the underside turret. “We make it out of this alive, I’m sleeping for the next week!” He called out as he settled into the gunners seat, putting his comm headset. It took him a second to familiarize himself with the controls. His mind raced with many different things, every second of his Jedi training with the force flooding back into him in crashing waves. ‘I remember this feeling... Like I’m connected to everything around me... I didn’t realize how much I missed this...’

“I didn’t hear you argue about it when we made the deal!” Kastor chided back as he barreled the ship to the right dodge a volley of ship fire. Apollo climbed to the top gun. The controls were familiar to him as he had been on a ship for the past 4 years. He batted the aim assist to the side and reached out with his feelings. Suddenly he pulled the trigger as two tie fighters approached. His volley of blaster fire caught the wing of one and he watched it spiral into a fiery explosion. “Yeah! Got one! Feel alive yet Oakly?” He yelled down the ladder.

Last edited:
“Then we should have made sure they weren’t chased by Imperials!” Tekkit yelled as their shields were pounded by more cannon fire, quickly jumping up from his chair he flicked a switch above that he normally couldn’t reach.

Oakly whirled around in his gunner chair, clipping a tie fighter wing, cause it to spiral into another, the explosion blowing right in his viewing window. “You and I have very different views on what it means to feel alive!” He yelled back.

The last remaining fighter backed off, seemingly in retreat. Apollo quickly scurried down the hatch and back to the cock pit. “If we are going to jump we need to do it now.” He said. Suddenly they passed through the atmosphere into space. Apollo began punching in coordinates.

“Listen kid, I think it’s time to renegotiate this offer. There’s not many places we can go where the imperials won’t find us and I’m not so sure I trust those coordinates anymore.” Kastor said in protest facing backwards in his chair. Behind him two Imperial destroyers jumped into view. They started moving to form a blockade.

Apollo felt a major disturbance in the force coming from one of those ships but he couldn’t locate it. Kastor whipped back around in his chair. “Tekkit, PUNCH IT!” He yelled in panic, his business composure instantly falling apart as he frantically prepared to jump.

Oakly felt the overwhelming disturbance, his lack of control still made it hard to pinpoint, but he knew it was anything but good. “Such pressure…” Oakly winced as he put a hand to his head, laying on the floor after crawling out of the gunner’s hatch.

Tekkit pushed forward on the hyperdrive, sending them into light speed, letting out his Jawa call. Streams of light blurred towards them as their ship jumped into the void of space in a flash.

On the Imperial flagship, an officer came to attention, “They jumped to lightspeed, we were unable to predict their destination.” He reported obediently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back