• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A New World

Anna Lasnum
Facility A

[border]Tags
SentinelSevn SentinelSevn
Dante Verren Dante Verren Mistory Mistory [/border]
Anna looked up from the spot on the floor, "What?" She'd been zoning out for the past five minutes or so, her imagination running wild with scenarios of what had happened and possibilities or what could. "Oh, yeah. That's right. I only saw books."

There had been an outer pocket, but checking it didn't seem like a big deal at the moment. The "unique items" Martin was talking about might be in there.

"Yeah, no. I've got literal dirt in mine." Cyrus quickly reached into the bag, pulling out the vial he had been amused by earlier. It wasn't a very large amount, but it was enough to make it significant. "And a treasure map to the coast." He called it a treasure map, only because of the X marking the coast.

Cyrus replaced the vial into his bag, then began looking further into the hall behind the other two males. "So.. does this mean we're free to leave?" Standard procedures rarely let them out of the facility, and never without proper guards or scientists supervising. This opportunity was rare for them, perhaps once in a lifetime, and Cyrus was glad to try and take advantage of it.

Mistory Mistory Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126 Dante Verren Dante Verren

Somethig about that sentance made Eric grumble.
" leave, if nobody is stopping us. Free? Very unlikely..."he sighed, shaking his head"well. Someone went he trouble of makig us a pretty clear destination. Im not the only one curious on whats there, am i?"
Dante Verren Dante Verren Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126 SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

Anna Lasnum
Facility A

[border]Tags
Mistory Mistory SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Dante Verren Dante Verren [/border]
"No, I don't think you're the only one who wants to find the X. But what else are we going to do? Raid the kitchen?" She'd meant that as a joke, but now that she thought about it, Anna did remember a scientist walking out of there with a popsicle once. They didn't share, and then when she'd been caught trying to sneak into the freezer she'd gotten in trouble for like two weeks. It hadn't been fun, which of course was what getting in trouble meant.

Facility A
Martin turned to look behind him in the direction towards where the exit would be, free to leave was a phrase he never thought he would hear. All he really remembered was the inside of this facility. What could be out there? Martin's hands tightnend into fist,i t was now or never.

"Whether or not we are free doesn't matter. The only thing that does matter is that we have an exit. I don't know about the rest of you but I am going to take it. You can stay here or follow me. What ever you chose doesn't matter to me. Finishing his statement he began to walk down the hall in the direction of the exit, his right hand clasped tightly around the cross.
Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126 SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Mistory Mistory

Facility A
With the decisions splitting off into multiple possibilities, Cyrus was torn as to see what the outside world looked like after three years. But Anna did bring up a good point as stocking up with a bit of supplies was possibly the smartest thing they could do, considering that the facility could be anywhere.

"Hey! Martin!" He called down the hall, also tilting his head to lead a bit further into the facility. "Why don't we stock up on supplies? I'm sure they've got a pantry we can stock up on. And the guards needed somewhere to put their weapons." His gaze looked far past Martin, as if he was staring down the hall and yearning for the exit. "We don't know what's out there. It could be a trap; they could be testing us to see whether we would run away or not. Whether we would rebel.." Cyrus believed what he said was extremely possible, and it were best that he was completely armed and ready for such an assault.

Of course, he could always intimidate with his powers. Cyrus may have been one of the only patients who was aware of his powers prior to capture, but that did not mean he was proficient in using them. Simple flame and metal manipulation was all he knew, nothing extravagant or powerful enough to fight a team of trained guards.

Mistory Mistory @Amerikia1127 Dante Verren Dante Verren

Facility A
Martin stopped in his tracks when Cyrus called his name. It was true that this could be a test to see what their loyalty was like. However he couldn't resist the urge to go outside. He knew they would need more supplies but even so... the idea of seeing the outside world again was to overpowering.

Martin looked over his shoulder at Cyrus. "If this is a test to see if we will rebel then stealing food and supplies will only make it worse. However I see your point. Go grab as much food and supplies as you can carry, I will go watch the entrance and wait until your done."

SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126 Mistory Mistory

"...but what if they're already waitig for us? It may not be safe...what if we split up? There are four of us. We can just stick in pairs of two, for security...i can help with the heavy lifting while two of you check outside. They're may be something useful, a vehicle or somethinf we can use..."
SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126 Dante Verren Dante Verren

Anna Lasnum
Facility A

[border]Tags
"If they don't want us to run, then why give us the backpacks?" Anna lifted the strap of her backpack. All the doors were open, so if this was a test, then it was a pretty elaborate one. There was also the matter of the scientists, usually there was at least one in the room, writing who knows what on their datapads. This.. no scientists.

For now, Anna had decided that this wasn't a test. "Well I'm going for the freezer." She turned away from the group, towards the hallway that would lead to the kitchen. Taking a few steps, Anna looked back. "Eric, you coming?"

The teen gave a glance to the other two, and sighed"yeah. Like i said, check the area. It might be worth it. We'll go fill our packs with as much food as possible, and maybe find some useful equipment along the way." He hurried after the girl, before wavig back"good luck!"
Dante Verren Dante Verren Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126 SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

Facility A
"Uh.. Err, alright." It was apparent that Cyrus was contemplating whether him helping or him being outside was going to be more beneficial for their group. "You got it then, Eric?" He then asked, looking towards Anna to see if she was confident in just one person helping her with food and supplies. "We won't need too much, I don't think. If anything we'll just come back here, we've all got a map."

Cyrus then turned his head towards Martin, "So, I'm heading outside with you?", a brow raising to assure the other male that it was a question rather than a forced decision. It was easy for Cyrus to decide that he would rather go outside, his eagerness getting the better of him and creating an almost selfish decision.

Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126 Mistory Mistory Dante Verren Dante Verren

Werner Alwin
Werner looked at Callum for a moment, then turned to the bag he was holding. It seemed that everyone had gotten a bag like his. And the halls were empty, while normally they were full of scientists and guards. Werner peaked inside his bag. There was not much inside. But what caught his attention was the piece of paper at the top of the stack. Unfolding it, he saw that it was a map, although he did not know of where. Marked on the map was an X. While Werner still could not piece together what was going on, he knew one thing. "Were we just abandoned here?" he asked.

Arlo Hayes Arlo Hayes

Facility B
Patrick looked up, then back down and stretched. Morning ritual, he had to do it before anything else happened. After about 30 seconds he let out a big yawn and rubbed his eyes. He shot his arms down and looked around. "Hey Callum, hey Werner. What's going on here?" He asks as he leans down and picks up the bag that just so recently caught his attention. He just holds it, feeling it's weight. After a moment he slings it over his shoulder without opening it. He'd do that later
Arlo Hayes Arlo Hayes Some1 Some1

Facility A
Splitting up into pairs would indeed be the smart thing to do. That way they could safely operate and if one pair got attacked or something stupid like that then they wouldn't be alone. Of course Martin wasn't the best at communication so it probably wouldn't sound the way he wanted to. "Do what you want." Yep his short reply sounded a lot more rude then he intended. Sighing internally he went continued to walk towards the exit.

Facility A
Cyrus responded to Martin with a subtle nob of his head, taking little offense to the other's response. Cyrus had been around these three long enough to guess that Martin meant no harm, and shrugged it off as such.

Following the hall to the exit, Cyrus maintained his distance a few paces away from Martin, and kept up the silence while the two walked. He was much more eager to see the sun and the plants to be upset over his partner's attitude. Being locked away for three years, having only his memories to feed his wonder and curiosity, it was quite taxing on one's mental state. His, at least.

Once Cyrus caught sight of the exit, his pace sped up to a brisk walk until he was right in front of the double doors. He paused at the handle, looking over his shoulder towards Martin, indecisiveness on his face. It was now or never, open the door or remain shut in the facility forever.. Thoughts raced through his mind. Thoughts about his past. About the future, more specifically, what was going to happen when he opened the door.

The forced the door open, bright light breaking through the familiar white glow of the facility. Both doors opened relatively easily, and it took Cyrus's eyes a moment to adjust to the sunlight. He was greeted by a white platform about twenty yards in length, followed by large jungle trees surrounding the entirety of the building.

They were free. Free to roam. As far as Cyrus could tell, there were no guards armed to take them down. It was open. They could leave, leave and never come back if they wanted to. But, was this right? Confused, Cyrus quickly turned to face Martin.

"Why?" He began, his voice only just audible for the other male to hear. "What happened, that made them leave?"

Mistory Mistory Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126 Dante Verren Dante Verren

Facility B
Callum Moore
Werner seemed the most awake, with Patrick groggily grabbing his bag.
"It looks like we have been Werner." He said, looking around. He didn't see anyone else, and it all look deserted. He debated explaining the situation to Patrick, then decided against it, favoring time.
"I'm gonna head over to the plaza, I'll meet you guys there and we'll figure this out." He said, then left immediately after.

AaronVolcano24 AaronVolcano24 Some1 Some1

Group B

Several dozen doors passed by him as Sean walked down the hall. His pace was not a slow one, thanks to his height. It was only a minute or so before the plaza opened up ahead of him. Of course, there really wasn't any real expectations in his head. But, Sean had figured that there would at least be some of the other kids. His keen eyes made a search around the large room. Raising his brow in curiosity, he started for the doors and the fresh air behind them.

Sean placed a single hand on the doorknob. It was right there and then he knew that there were others. Call it intuition, he simply knew he was not special by any standards. So why would he be the only patient left? His mind searched for an answer, finding none. So be it. He laughed openly at his almost archaic thinking. Sean decided it would be in his best interest to look for the others.

Once again, despite his strict schedules, he knew the layout of this facility quite well. There was a mere moment of doubt in Sean's head as he walked toward to certain offshoot of the plaza. He assured himself that it was the right area, it had to be. He continued to double check himself, however, that stopped when he turned the corner. Entering the corridor, he almost walked directly into another patient. Stopping in his tracks, avoiding a collision, Sean looked the kid up and down. There was something familiar, he was the one with the light. For the life of him, Sean could not remember his name.

Instead, he settled for a simple greeting, "Uh, hey."

Arlo Hayes Arlo Hayes

Facility B
Callum Moore
Right as he'd gotten to the plaza Sean came in through a connecting hall. He set his backpack down on a table and stretched, enjoying the newfound freedom.
"Hey Sean." He said, standing away from him. "Have you seen anyone in the building other than me?" He asked, trying to figure out if they really were alone.

TrumpCard TrumpCard

Group B

The actions of the other kid startled Sean slightly. In his demeanor, there was nothing that said this whole thing was out of the ordinary. Sean knew that the sunglasses helped conceal some of the guy's emotions. But his body language was incredibly relaxed. This had caused Sean to miss the fact that the kid was acting as though they were close friends. Now that he thought about it, it was not entirely strange. If Sean remembered correctly, this was the only patient who had been here longer than him. There was no reason for the kid to not know who he was. Nonetheless, he had to address the question that had been asked of him.

Pausing, Sean cleared his throat before speaking up, "No. No, I was just about to look for some other kids. That's why I almost ran into you." He looked at the floor in front of him, squinting his eyes. After a moment, Sean brushed back a couple stray strands of hair, moving closer to the other kid.

"I don't suppose the staff just left us here, alone, for the fun of it. This isn't like any test I have ever seen." Sean fidgeted with his hands while adding, "And I realize this is odd, but I can't recall your name."

Arlo Hayes Arlo Hayes

Facility B
Callum Moore
He paused, staring at Sean a moment. They really didn't know each other. He hadn't spent that much time with any of the facility's patients, preferring isolation.
"You'd be surprised what the facility would do. It looks like all us patients got left here, completely alone." He said, then opened his backpack. Inside was a few changes of clothes, some basic survival gear, a circular glass lens, and a map with an X marked on it. He left everything in the bag save the map, and set it across the table to examine.

"I'd say they want us to go there." He said, pointing to the X. He stared at the map a while. It looked...incomplete. He couldn't tell how, he just thought it did.
"My name is Callum, by the way." He said, not really acknowledging that it was awkward. He didn't think it was, he didn't socialize so why should anyone know him.

TrumpCard TrumpCard

Last edited:
Anna Lasnum
Facility A

[border]Tags
The hallways were familiar, their concrete walls with the occasional picture frame on them trying to disguise the fact that this place was a facility.

Anna walked down the halls, Eric probably following her or something. They led to an open door labelled 'Staff Only'. She smiled, making an offhand comment, "Not so staff only anymore."

Anna pushed open the unlocked door. These halls were more cramped, or homey if that's how you saw it. Personally she felt the whole place was just different shades of grey and cold.

Thankfully the kitchen wasn't too deep into the maze of small hallways. It was a large room, the appliances matching and numerous. This place fed the whole facility. "Doesn't it feel empty without everyone?"

Facility B
Patrick was now quite awake after his stretch. He jogged to catch up with Callum. His backpack shook up and down as he moved forward. He brought it to the front of himself and began to wear it backwards, digging through it. The first thing he saw was a kids toy. Gumby? Weird. He put it in the side pocket of the bag. The rest of the inside of the bag was clothes as far as he could tell. He reached his hand in and felt it. Perfectly black clothes, rough on the outside, yet the inside was nice and warm. He reached farther down into the bag and felt something else, metal. He decided to leave a little bit of surprise for later and let it be.

Werner Alwin
When Callum and Patrick left, Werner decided to sit down against the wall and inspect the rest of the bag he had received. There were a few granola bars and a bottle of water. He noticed a tube of powerful sunblock as well. He would definitely need that.There were also a few articles of clothing in the bag. A large, dirty brown leather jacket, a large brimmed hat, and a scarf. He assumed these were to help keep his skin protected from the sun. Werner did not believe that the scientists were that thoughtful. But he could not think of anyone else who would leave these bags. The only people who knew him were the scientists and a few of the guards. And the other patients, of course.

But the most interesting thing he saw in the bag was a case containing a pair of contacts, which was odd because the pair he had right now were working just fine. Looking closer, he saw a familiar logo on the case. "Bioware". He had read an advertisement for these some years ago when they had come out. If he remembered correctly, they let you see in different light spectrums and allows you to adjust the level of light you see in.

He took off the glasses he normally wore, turning the world around him into a blurry mess. Reaching for where he last saw the contacts, Werner grabbed ahold of one and placed it gently on one of his light pink eyes. Then he placed the other one on his other eye. At first, nothing happened. The world remained a blurry mess. But after about a minute, his vision returned. The contacts needed some time to adjust themselves to Werner's terrible eyesight, but now he could see perfectly.

Werner took a few minutes to familiarize himself with the lenses. He figured out how to raise and lower the amount of light his eyes saw, which was really all he cared about at the moment. His eyes, which did not have any pigment, were a bit sensitive to light. Although not as bad as Callum, bright lights hurt his eyes a little bit. But with these, he did not have to worry about that.

Standing back up. Werner stuffed everything back into the bag, except for the contacts. which remained in his eyes. He put his glasses inside the bag in their place. He walked back to his room to change out of his pajamas. He put on a pair of black trousers and a black T-shirt. He decided to wear the jacket, but he figured he would not need the hat and scarf until he went outside, so he left those in the bag. He also grabbed a few books from his room and stuffed them in the bag. And finally, an old flashlight that he had "acquired" awhile ago. It had to be at least thirty years old, but it still functioned perfectly. He had been using it to read after the lights went out, although he did not believe he needed it now that he has the lenses. But one can never be too prepared, so he put that in the bag as well.

Prepared to never see his room again, Werner walked towards the plaza, where he believed Callum and Patrick went.

Facility A
Martin stepped passed Cyrus and into the open area. The feeling of the wind brushing against him and the sight of greenery all around was amazing, so amazing he barely managed to catch Cryus's question. Martin looked up at the the trees above, he could even see the sky through the cracks in the greenery. "I don't know why they left. All that matters is that hey are gone. Maybe if we head to that X on the map we can find out why."
(Sorry for the long wait. I have been busy as hell.)

Group B

Sean was deep in thought when the boy replied to him. He heard something about being surprised but the rest was tuned out. His face gave nothing away, his eyes mindlessly following the other person's movements. This did not normally happen to him. But, now, there were a fine number of reasons as to why Sean would be lost in his own head. What pestered him now was an odd feeling inside of him. It was as though his heart was being freed from a cage, or at least that was his best analogy of it. Either way, it had an unmistakable feel of being unlocked. Unlocked and set free.

During this "feeling", Sean could not even muster up a proper thought process. Coming out of it, he assumed it was similar to being shell-shocked. Taking a deep breath in, he gave his head a slight shake and blinked. Everything was back to normal. Sean caught the end of a piece of dialogue. The kid's name was Callum.

Callum had spread out a familiar-looking map onto the table. It appeared to be completely identical to the one Sean had. This alone kept him busy. Enough so that he could pull away from what had just happened to him. All said and done, Sean preferred it this way. What happened to him brought nothing other than confusion. Currently, Callum was examining the map in detail.

Taking a step, both figuratively and literally, Sean found his voice, "The way I figure it, the only way off this island is at that X. Best thing to do is make it there in one piece." Opening his mouth for more, he quickly decided against it. Sean set down his bag and sat in one of the chairs, rubbing his temples.

Arlo Hayes Arlo Hayes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back