• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A new approach to rp

hitman654

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on here in a while but I have returned... Rejoice!

While I was away I played a bit of DnD and other, similar, roleplaying games with a strictly defined set of rules. It was a little different to what I was used to, but it gave me an idea.

The roleplaying on this site tends to have a looser feel in terms of hard rules, most are limited to the obvious 'no godmoddind' etc.

The idea which occurred to me was to combine these two different approaches and take elements from each so what I am hoping to create is a completely original world which a group of players collaborate both to create and to roleplay within. I will also be running it via discord since I think it's the easiest and fastest way to communicate.

I'm willing to accept most people based on a few simple rules (to a maximum of 5 other people):

1. BE CREATIVE! - this entire thing is an exercise in stretching your creative muscles, if you have insane ideas that might go horribly wrong, good, share them!
2. Be able to write a decent paragraph - a lot of the creation will be taking place verbally but once the world has been made we will likely begin to use different methods to communicate
3. Obvious Rpn rules apply: no godmodding, nothing too explicit (keep it PG-13 or take it to private chat)
4. Must have discord and be willing/able to speak - this is the only tool I could conceivably imagine using to make this work
5. Be available 6pm GMT on friday - timings might be a bit flexible if necessary but it'll likely be around then
6. Most importantly - be open to new things! This entire idea is a bit risky and could go really badly but I think it has potential and so I'm trying it, take that attitude to the rp and I think we'll all have a great ride.

Cheers all, private message me for the discord link and I hope to see you all soon!

Hmm, I'm skeptical but interested. Do you have anything defined for your worldbuilding/plot yet, or are we doing this completely from scratch?

I'm confused as to what exactly you're proposing here; would you mind giving a more detailed breakdown?

_Line 213 _Line 213 Kloudy Kloudy

For further detail the basic idea is to create the world from scratch: races, magic, history, religion, etc. We'd make up all of it - we'll likely be using a few tools such as a map creator to help us but 99% of it is going to come from us. Essentially it will be kinda like group-writing a novel, we will each post suggestions for the world and, after discussion with the group and a general agreement - we will add it to a sort of 'master page' where we store all the details of the world that we have agreed upon. We will be able to reference all of this once we start roleplaying (provided the details we use are appropriate to our characters or their situation).
While creating the world it will be completely freeform however once we've completed the world we may, or may not, appoint a gm to keep the rp running smoothly - I'd be happy to take that position but I'm open to anyone else who wants to as well.

- hope that answers any questions, PM me if you have any more

Yeah alright, I think that could be fun to do. Hit me up with the discord when you’re ready. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back