• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Nation In Havoc OOC (2.0)

The hatch is locked. I don't know exactly where the inn is, though. I imagine it's not too far from the main road.

I don't know specifics, but since Raimi and co. took a different path to get there than Jenny and Nia, I imagined there was one path along the main road that led to it from the stadium and another via back alleys locals would know of that Jenny took.

In her position, what would Nia be worried about at the moment? Besides all the stuff that's already happened to her today? Maybe she had friends in the castle and she's worried about them? Handmaidens, retainers, soldiers, etc.? Maybe there's something sentimental to her back there she would be worried about losing?

Or perhaps she's only thinking about vengeance, attempting to think up creative ways to undermine Kruziik?

Or maybe she's scared and only cares about getting out of the city at the moment before even more bad stuff happens?

Or she could play peacemaker between Decius and Ambrose, who are quite hostile to one another at the moment. Armandio already provided a good reason to keep him alive, that he could get them past goblin hordes potentially unmolested; maybe Nia could argue on his behalf and try to get Decius to calm down. She might try and redirect their attention to the festival noises coming from above.

I mean, it's up to you, but those are a few potential ideas for you to write about.

In her position, what would Nia be worried about at the moment? Besides all the stuff that's already happened to her today? Maybe she had friends in the castle and she's worried about them? Handmaidens, retainers, soldiers, etc.? Maybe there's something sentimental to her back there she would be worried about losing?

Or perhaps she's only thinking about vengeance, attempting to think up creative ways to undermine Kruziik?

Or maybe she's scared and only cares about getting out of the city at the moment before even more bad stuff happens?

Or she could play peacemaker between Decius and Ambrose, who are quite hostile to one another at the moment. Armandio already provided a good reason to keep him alive, that he could get them past goblin hordes potentially unmolested; maybe Nia could argue on his behalf and try to get Decius to calm down. She might try and redirect their attention to the festival noises coming from above.

I mean, it's up to you, but those are a few potential ideas for you to write about.
I'm just terrible at doing in character thoughts...
Plus everyone else is posting multi paragraph posts. I can't do that as easily.

This seems to have just become a whole lot more urgent.

darth-vader-force-chokes-harder-daddy-what.jpg

This obviously needs no context.

I'm just terrible at doing in character thoughts...
Plus everyone else is posting multi paragraph posts. I can't do that as easily.
They aren't necessarily needed, they just add a bit to the post. You can easily respond with half a paragraph and it will be all good.

Also, Jenny insult status = ignored >:(

Last edited:
Decius choking the shit out of Ambrose made him more pleasant to be around, but screwed their best chance of escaping.

Fair trade, honestly.

What is Ambrose's plan? Raimi will appeal to his self-interest as a businessman as well as his sense of self-preservation.

His infrastructure, whatever that may have been, is likely decimated. He'd have to either handle all of the corpse gathering himself or hire new people like Lewis to do it for him all over again. Further, with the wizard resurrecting his followers when they die, he can't start his business in Dalania again selling corpses. Even if he could, his clientele would consist largely of goblins, which are not the most pleasant people to do business with considering they're stupid and also mainly known for being pirates who take what they want instead of paying for it. His status as the "corpse holder" might protect him for a while, but who can say how long the goblins will be content with that excuse to leave him alone? How can he be sure all the goblins will care? Seems risky just to rely on that for an extended period of time knowing as little as he does. If he intends to stay in Dalania, he's going to have a rough time of it. I would want to leave if I were him.

Let's say he does intend to leave; great. He can probably get out the gate like all the other merchants leaving, but what then? It's long leagues from Dalania to any other major city or town and he's one old man. Who knows how many bandits, highwaymen, wild animals or beastly monsters he would encounter along the way? If it's just him, he'll likely die. So, if he DOES want to leave, his best shot of getting anywhere outside the city alive would be to have a group of stalwart warriors to protect him along the way.

Thus, Raimi will suggest, the best hope for Ambrose if he wants to both live and restart his business in a place that would be more friendly to non-Kruziik-supporting merchants like himself is to play along with their plot. He helps the group escape, the group sees him safely to Fenwood or Askary or wherever he would prefer to go to. Quid pro quo.

This also gives Ambrose a good reason to stick with the group for a long time. Lots of things could happen on the road as well, giving you a lot of opportunities to develop him as a character.

All of that said, I think it would also just be a fun scene to write, Ambrose having to fast talk his way past the gate guards carrying a cart full of refugees posing as merchandise.

Or they could make a different plan, even if he agrees, why would any of the other characters trust him to go through with it without betraying them

Because they'll be in the back of the cart he's carrying. If he does anything to betray them, they can kill him nearly instantly. He can destroy the group, but the group can destroy him as well. Mutually assured destruction.

Yet he has already shown he doesn't care if he dies, why would they take that risk, just saying I'm not sure if every character will be on board with the plan

He didn't care when death was all but certain and he might not have seen a way that he could have survived. If the situation changes and he's given a choice between near certain death and a possible chance at living another day, I don't think his cynicism nor his age necessarily means he would willingly choose to die.

Not every character has to be on board. It is an admittedly risky plan. If one of the others presents a better idea, that would be great. Alternatively, those characters who disagree could choose to stay behind and risk escaping by themselves or choose to stay and side with Kruziik and his goblin army.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back