• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Yokai

dream eater
5c3abe0dee1f9910d334db0efaf99c6a.jpg

Welcome to Yokai’s search thread.

Hello there! It's been a long time since I rejoined the world of RP but I am back again looking for a writing partner for some Naruto RPs. I'm only looking to pick up a few partners at the moment as life tends to get pretty hectic. In terms of literacy, I average between 2-5 paragraphs per character, though that varies depending on my partner’s preference and how inspired I am by the roleplay. I could be interested in shorter, 2-5 sentence, replies if we could organise time slots where we were both online to shoot off rapid responses. But I'm a bit nervous about sacrificing quality for quantity.

Anyway, in an attempt to keep this relatively short and sweet, here is what I am looking for right now:
  • [Romance] I'm comfortable with any pairings, though my preference is MxF and FxF. Canon X Canon, OC x Canon, and OC x OC are all welcome.
  • [Gender] I am most comfortable playing female characters but I am happy to double.
  • [18+] Please, be over the age of eighteen. I am 25 and would rather write with people my own age.
  • [2+ paragraphs per character] This could be negotiated if you can provide proof of quality writing. Again, I get a little antsy about the whole quality vs quantity argument but I'd be happy to try my hand at shorter, faster paced responses for the right partner.
  • [Character sheets] Not a huge fan of character sheets but I understand that these are sometimes a requirement, especially when compiling a character's abilites.
  • [Communication] Brainstorming ideas and gushing over our characters honestly just sounds like a good time. Aside from that, communication isn't too important if that's intimidating for you.
  • [Offer ideas] I am looking for a partner who contributes to the roleplay. Please, do not be afraid to offer ideas and share your thoughts as I don't want to carry the plot by myself.
  • [No smut] Actually looking to abide by the site rules? An absolute shocker.
Now, if everything above agrees with you, please read through some of the prompts below. I have kept these quite simple as I would love to create something together, especially something that is molded to our characters. If nothing catches your eye but you thnk we'd be good writing partners, or you have an idea of your own, then please feel free to send me a PM.
ed526a8a93187d87fb49af5dd36c806e.jpg

Prompts & Ideas.
I will try to keep these as short and precise as possible.
Prompt #1: Team 4.
In Japanese culture, the number 4 is traditionally considered to be unlucky as it is sometimes pronounced as "shi", which is the word for death. Due to this superstition, there has never been a Team 4 to have exited the Academy... until today. Welcome to Team 4, the Naruto equivalent of the Suicide Squad. The general idea for this team is that our characters have been ostracised by society, either due to their skillset, reputation, familial ties, temperament, or something else entirely. They are often given the worst missions possible with the lowest survival rates and yet… they just keep coming back for more. We could begin this RP with their genin graduation and follow a long-term playthrough. Otherwise, I am happy to nudge the RP forward until our characters are in their mid-late teens (either due to a higher graduation age or a timeskip).

Prompt #2: Team 12.
A traditionally robust four-man cell that follows the progression of three, relatively average genin and their struggling sensei. This would be a little more wholesome than the above team, though I would be interested in utilising some character deaths to further their progression as shinobi. This prompt would focus on how hard average shinobi must fight to be recognised and to succeed. I am expecting our characters to fail, to lose people that they love, and to genuinely struggle to survive without plot armour. I would also prefer to keep any jinchūriki antics or dojutsu far away from our characters (save that for Team 4). For this team, it would be interesting to keep it entirely OC but operating on the main timeline of Naruto. Following them as they graduate with the Rookie 9 and seemingly disappear into the faceless masses. This could be OC x OC or Canon x OC, depending on your own preference.

Prompt #3: ANBU.
This is easily the vaguest of my prompts, but it would be interesting to write an RP for some ANBU operatives on a long-term mission. Writing the slow progression into genuine trust and respect, and how that eventually develops into something more. Especially, considering how quirky and emotionally stunted most ANBU operatives tend to be. There are many ways this could go. Perhaps, they are hunting down some missing-nin who possess S-Ranked village secrets. Perhaps, they are attempting to infiltrate a Jashinist cult or the Akatsuki itself. Perhaps, they are now ex-ANBU who are running for their lives to escape Danzo’s sudden rise to power. I think this is a plot best built together.

Prompt #4: Warring States Era.
In a reality where the current timeline has fallen apart, our characters are sent back into the past to try and stop the cycle of hatred before it can poison the world. This would land our characters in the Warring States Era. Essentially, we can use canon characters or OCs for this plot, though it would be interesting if they were a Senju and an Uchiha.

Prompt #5: Alternate Universe.
I am putting this in the prompt section as it has many different facets. This focuses more on the canon characters as we use them in different settings, e.g., Konoha High School, the University of Konoha, a MHA cross-over, a Mafia AU, Feudal Japan, etc. This is super open to interpretation.

62dc498020f4d28bae9953e4d94b0788.jpg

Word Bank.
So, nothing captured your interest but you’d still like to roleplay with me? Or, do you just want to add some tropes into an existing prompt above? Please, choose some of your favourites below and we’ll create something new together.
** Italicised are themes that I am currently craving.

Soulmates
|| Obsessive Love || Love Triangles || Reverse Harems || Pirates || Historical || Fantasy || Runes & Magic || Royalty || Dragons || Modern || Medieval || Dragon Riders || Slow Burn || High Fantasy || D&D || University Setting || Slice of Life || Clichés || Supernatural Creature Hunters || Mages || Witches || Werewolves || Vampires || Mermaids/Sirens || Mafia || Underground Fighting || Rebellions || Warzones || Epic Quests || Criminals || Serial Killers || Mysteries || Horror || Historical Japan || Samurai || Otome Game Mechanics || Shojo || Zombie Apocalypse || General Apocalyptic Scenarios || X-Men / Mutants.

Now, if anything here interested you then please send me a PM. And, please only contact me if you actually have something in mind or something to build upon. It's really frustrating to receive a simple 'I am interested in roleplaying with you' with no direction or idea. And finally, thank you for reading and congratulations for making it this far if you did!

i know this is way late, but if you're looking at this point, i'm down to talk plots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back